Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #17

Woohoo Declan.... look out bec.... your in trouble now LOL...

Alexa is still only climbing over everything she can & pulling herself up to standing all the time.... Not looking forward to her walking she is trouble enough crawling!!!!!

OMG... My wee girl is ONE in two days.... that is scary LOL

wow Mitch! are u having a party? whats planned?
    Wow Declan way to go!

nixon is still recovering from this bug and it seems its carried onto me a little, i havent been vomitting luckily but running to the toilet all of last night. not very nice and Nixon is also having a grumpy day today...

Nic.... Ya poor thing..... not nice at all... hope you are at least able to keep fluids in !!!!!

We decided that we arent going to have a party for Alexa, DH is away working anyway & we are gonna have a BIG 2nd party instead...

omg @ 2 days mitch can you believe it, just seems like yesterday the very small alexa arrived!

Its 4 weeks and 1 day for declan all the invites are done 1/2 of them have been delivered!
    got dad doing the cake! got the small parts of his pressie organised just have to decide on the big part! Declan and I went shopping for his g/f today she is 1 on the 3rd of april we got her my little pony cardboard books libary there are 10 little books plus a interactive pony! for Cooper Declans cousin 2nd april we got a set of 3 hairy mclairy books and will get him some clothes too I think! Now for DH his birthday is the 1st I have no idea what to get him Mils b'day is the 6th I have her covered with avon stuff and my mum and sil are both the 20th march got them covered with avon stuff also! so thats the bdays done for awhile I think as soon as I get something for DH ....but what!

Hey beautiful people,

Just sneaking on at work to say hi

WOW Mitch - can't believe it's only 2 days away!!! Our babies 1st birthdays are coming around so fast. It certainly doesn't feel like a year!

Better go, don't want to get busted hehe Hope everyone is having a good day

Bel

PS...Bit exciting, went for an interview for a promotion today....I'll let you know how it went when I find out....

abs Guest

ooooh, exciting news there Bel - keep us informed

Yikes Mitch, it is scarey hey - we are creeping up to that big day... We are combining jordy's birthday with his naming day and of course the surprise event. Just got a call saying our rings are ready - we'll pick em up tomorrow

Woohoo on cleaning up on sooo many b'days in one session Becky - guess it makes the rest of the year drag out a bit though. Though the last in that heap of would be a bit peeved as others would be a bit kinda over doing birthday stuff

And Nic, hope you and Nix get better soon - certainly is dragging out a bit

Jen had a good friend call earlier today... Originally we were thinking of doing a mass elope (me & Jen, Michael & Justine and David & Meg) - til Dave & Meg eloped in NZ a short while ago. They've found out his swimmers aren't in good shape so doing the IVF thing. Meg had been given all sorts of "rubbish info" on what it can do to you from another friend who recently had twins from IVF - she was a bit upset but called Jen to get her side of it... She was a much happier girl after the call

Sush (is there anyone else here who had an IVF bub, KellyW was the only other immediately to mind), would you agree that the stimulation treatment only enhances emotions already there - so if you are already one prone to shouting/getting upset etc, just makes it 10times worse, but if you are generally fairly calm it just takes a bit of thinking to not let the steam cap loose (Jen was in this 2nd category and realised she was being silly and knew it was coz of the stimulation etc causing it, so stopped it before it happened)

abs Guest

hmm, quiet around here...

Just picked up our rings. Will take a pic soon and post it

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ooh I've got tonnes to read up on.

But wanted to say that, yes, I agree abs, I'm not one to get easily angry or upset, but the injections did make me a little more hormonal, but definitely not the raving lunatic some people make out that you turn into! In fact DH reckoned he didn't really see much of a difference in me, as I attacked each cycle with a control freak mentality, and this helped me keep my emotions in check.

Will catch up on where everyone's at, but just wanted to update on Charlie. He got sick with a cold on Fri last week, which turned into a rattly chest, which turned into respiratory distress by Sunday night. We ended up in Princess Margaret Hospital early Monday morning, and he was admitted overnight. By the time we were discharged yesterday, I'd not showered in 2 days, was covered in vomit and had slept about 3 hours over two nights. But we found out what was wrong, and why he's had to be admitted into hospital twice in two months, and it looks like he had illness-induced asthma. So the minute he picks up any sort of cold/cough, his airways start to close. He's on ventolin and predisolone (steroids) and luckily he responds fantastically to the ventolin. Most babies under 12 months don't, so we're very lucky to find something that works for him.

Mitch, I can't believe Alexa's going to be 1! It really goes too fast, doesn't it?

sush - glad charlie is ok. They gave my charlie a shot of steriods when he had Transtrakeamea ( wet Lung) its awesome the ventalin is working - hope it keeps working and he goes good

happy birthday tomorrow Alexa!!!!!

Geez Sushee Charlie has had a rough trott lately hasnt he. I guess its good now u know why and can take action immediatley. Hope he is feeling better.
    Nixon besides being grumpy yesterday was fine until the evening, it took 3hrs to settle him to bed and one massive vomit, all over our bed.
    im feeling better though and there has been no poos or spews from him today thus far!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ALEXA for tomorrow. wow soon we will be talking about their first days of school lol!

abs Guest

good news there Sush, and ta for the confirmation (and good to hear you did well through it too). And am sure the hospital staff are used to parents getting into that sorta "smelly" state. It'd be hard on the staff watching the little bubs all unwell etc, but the reward is when they go home all better

me sticks hands under desk - wait til tomorrow, wait til tomorrow, wait til tomorrow

Jenny to Jordy into Darling Harbour on the ferry today (whilst I was at the hospital having a continual glucose thingy fitted for the next few days - there's a lead going into the upper left hand cheek of my bum - at the other end is like a really old pager). He didn't sleep at all during the time away, but loved it on the ferry. He played up with other people who were all "isn't he cute", but half way back the big sydney storm rolled in and as soon as the lightning started (big time thunder) it startled quite a few people and he burst into tears. Of course since they knew he was a good boy, they understood why he cried and were all "oh, it's okay, don't be scared". And he loved watching the water come down the glass on the outside, putting his fingers up to the glass

abs Guest

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ALEXA !

Hope you and your mum have a fantastic day and am sure daddy misses you heaps

Aww thanks guys... it is hard to believe that my little girl is one!!!!!

The last year has gone way to fast......

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Came on especially (I'm at my dad's) to say

Happy Birthday Alexa, you beautiful girl!

Happy 1st Birthday Alexa!!

Have a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday Alexa

and 11mths to Declan

abs Guest

oh yes, and 11 months to Declan !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast