Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #17

happy 11 months declan!!!

Happy 1st b'day for yesterday Alexa.

OMG Sush, that would be very scary, glad to hear they have found something that helps. Poor lil Charlie.

What is it with all the bubs being sick again. Holly caught a cold 2wks ago (& DH & I shortlyafter), had her & I at GP's Wed, we both have fevers & ear infections & she still has a chunky sounding cough & I have sinisitus, so both on Augmentin Forte. This is her 3rd set of ear infections & my 2nd, since she started day care.

shell- i loved your new ticker so much i copied, hope thats ok?
    I was going to keep Nixon's ticker on tere until he turned 1 before changing to a pregnancy ticker, but this one is great cause u can count both!
    How have u been feeling anyway? only a few weeks till your next ultrasound now!

Happy 11months declan & Olivia and
    happy 11months tomorrow for Holly & Jordan!

Hehe, no prob Nickers, I got the multiple ticker idea from Shazz.

Hey all very quiet in here lately!

Declan is going to a birthday party tomorrow for one of the girls in out mums group will be interesting to see how it goes I might be able to steal some ideas!

jelliebean Guest

Hi Everyone!!!

Was feeling a bit bored - DP has gone away for three months, so I thought I'd read up on how everyone is going.

My Lil man is 1 on Friday 9th, can't believe it has gone so quicick. This time last year I was in King Edward waiting to pop him out.... Atm he is standing for a few sweconds and is only walking when holding onto something or pushing something along. Luke goes to bed around 7.30pm and is up at 7am... He then has a morning sleep around 9.30 for an hour and another sleep around 1.30pm for another hour or so.

As for myself I'm not feeling the best these days. I don't know what it is. I feel down and have no appetite - basically have had to force myself to eat and that's only once a day. I'm just generally not happy. I'm spose to be doing my course but, I have no motivation to get into it any more. I dont know if it is because we moved so far away from everyone. It's all sorta started around January. We had some family come up during the week and they noticed that I've changed from when they saw me at xmas time. They said I've become very insecure within myself and towards DP. I went and bought some vitamins yesterday coz I thought that might pick me up a bit and help with the lack of food.

It's not a lonely thing because I am surropunded by very friendly neighbours who come over frquently. I also take Jake to swimming lessons on a monday and playgroup on a wednesday. So I'm meeting lots of ppl.

My aunt passed away last week from drinking herself to death (long time alco). My friends also lost their first baby at 20 weeks. They went to the 18/20 week scan and found there was no heart beat. So she was rushed to surgery to have it removed. I have also learnt that my mum is addicted to prescription drugs. I always knew this but, yesterday was the first time I'd actually heard my dad admit it to me. So with all this negative things around me - i guess it isn't helping......

Sorry to go on but, i just neede to let it out somewhere........Thanks for listening

Jellie

Jelli sounds like you are having a rough trot I hope things improve for you I guess sometimes you just have to try and spin negatives and look on the brighter side of life but that isn't always very easy.

abs Guest

Hi Jellie

Taking the steps to admit such things is a very big step. Hope you manage to take a few more and as Becky said, find that brighter side

Woohoo for Luke turning 1 next week

hi jelly, hope everything works out fot you. happy birthday for 1 week luke.

hi everyone else.
    Had a quite day here. had good day doing renovations

Hi Jelliebean
    wow it must be hard with your DP gone away for so long. Mine will be away for a month soon but will c him a few weekends. Do u get to see him at all during this time?
    Luke has a great sleep pattern, are you doing anything for his birthday?
    Even though you have good neighbours etc that u said, you still probably are a bit lonely from who and what your used too. Even after meeting people in Melbourne from moving interstate i still get bouts of lonlieness. actually ive been feeling it more lately cause no one has come down to visit us like they used for a long time.
    There is negativity around you which cannot be helped but as Abs said admiting all this is half of the way there, you are aware that these things may be contriubtuing to the way you feel so maybe you can use that to push them away with positives.
    anyway i dont really know you but i remember your name from a while back and when you were pg cause it stuck out in my head!

I hope your ok and Happy Birthday soon to Luke!

i love those new tickers girls! they look great!

jelliebean Guest

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Nickers you really made a lot of sense to me. It is very strange being in a new town and not having those familiar things around me. Things that I am missing at the moment are like our family Dr who I've had my whole life. I have no idea who is a good GP that I can trust here. I also miss going down the local store or even the school and everyone knows your face and says hi. Here im just a stranger in a crowd. I'm also annoyed with not knowing where every thing is. Basically have a map with me if i need to find somewhere. I guess thats what happens when you've grown up in a country town.

Anyway I have a friend whose studying social work at uni at the moment. After i finished up here I had a chat to her. She gave me some good advice and made me feel better almost straight away. So I guess I'll just see how things pan out......

Oh and no i'm not really having a party for luke...will just have our own lil thing with DP, me and the kids....

Thankyou all
    Last edited by jelliebean; March 4th, 2007 at 12:18 PM.

Jellie- i hear you on having to drive around with a map. Oh u just brought back some memories of when we first moved to melb, the supermaket was 2min drive away but i only knew the long way around, so one day i tried back streets to get to it, end up taking 20min to find the dam place by the time i was there i was in no mood for shopping! ONE good thing about no one knowing u, if u go out in your daggies or whatever u wont be embarrassed if u bump into someone lol!

jelliebean Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    ONE good thing about no one knowing u, if u go out in your daggies or whatever u wont be embarrassed if u bump into someone lol!
    LOL that is so true....i've even had my moments when DS#1 has run off on me in the shop, and I've had to yell and scream to get him to come back....NEVER would of done that b4 in case someone i knew might of seen me.

Oh dear Jellie, sounds like ur going through a rough patch at the moment. I hope u can surround urself with positives & start feeling alot better. Wow, less than a wk til Luke turns 1. Don't suppose ur GP has any info/contacts near u?

Hehe Jacci, they're a great idea huh, multiple tickers in 1, blame Shazz for the idea, hehe. Shazz just realised urs is bubbles too, hope u don't mind I chose bubbles too

abs Guest

Good for speaking to your friend Jellie... I too can recall moving to a new town too. Just over 15 yrs since I moved to Sydney from Melbourne. Jen's parents are too fragile for us to return to Melbourne... her dad could go basically anytime, and her mum still has more than 20yrs before she reaches her mum's final age (99.5)

Hmm, double tickers, I guess I could use one at the moment

Hi Everyone,

Wow its been quiet in here.. Hope those bubs aren't keeping you all too busy with mischief making lol

We are moving next Thursday but I have so much to do. I hate packing! I don't know what it is about this time of year, but it is always busy. Last year, with Abbey's arrival and moving down here and starting a new business. This year moving again (we must be seriously stupid lol) then we have to go to sydney at the end of march for a conference, then Abbey's birthday/christening/housewarming/engagement party that I still have to organise. I think i'll have officially gone mad by may!

Jellie.. So good to hear from you again, sorry that your not feeling great, but glad that speaking to your friend helped. Don't forget we are all here if you need us! Wow at Luke turning one already... the time sure flies. And what a great sleeper he is...can you send some sleepy vibes to abbey please, she is shocking lately.

Abs... are you hinting at anything?? why the multiple tickers??

Shell and Nickers.. when are you getting your pg avatars? I hope everything is going great for both of you! I'm starting to get clucky again (i seem to go the cycles lol) I have to keep telling myself not yet! So for now i'm living through you two lol

Well nothing too exciting our way. Abbey is standing by herself all the time now, only holds onto stuff to actually get up. and she will walk with only having to hold one hand. She took half a step yesterday but then got scared and sat down.. I don't think it will be too long.

Quick Qst???

What is everyones typical food routine? And how much are they having? Abbey is so undemanding of food (always has been) so if i wait for her to want to be fed i would be waiting all day. ATM she is on 2 definate meals a day (breaky and dinner) and either lunch or a few snacks. But I don't think it is enough, she is such a skinny thing.

Also has anyone else not turned the car seat around yet? Abbey isn't 8kg yet so we haven't bothered. I was thinking of doing it around her bday. We have the sfae n sound royale, which can be rear facing till 12kg, so i don't know if I should wait till then. She doesn't care that she is rear facing and just goes to sleep most of the time.

Sorry that turned out to be a long question lol

Hi to everyone!! Hope you are all good!

P.S. Anyone remember Joy? I just noticed in another thread that she is pg again. So that makes 3 april baby pgs. Hopefully she comes in here to update us all too.

amanda -good luck with the moving!! Charlie is eating 3 meals a day then he has some fruit inbetween to snack on aswell as 3 bottles a day - he's a litlle fat thing!!!!

theresa - hope everything works out with the girls. you really ar doing a wonderful job!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast