Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #18

Thnx, happy b'day for Jordy tomorrow too Abs.

Happy bday Jacci.

Poor Declan, hope he's better quick smart.

Sush, how's Charlie after his 2nd hosp visit lately?

Mel, haven't seen u around lately, how r u & wilmartin going?

So many b'days coming up.

ETA: just added 17 of the 165 pics we have of Holly's party.

Happy Birthday Jacci, join the 27'ers club hehe! Although I'm heading toward the tail end of it!
    Will have a look at Holly's party pics now Shell
    Becky- oh poor Declan. Wow that was extremley nice of that nurse to come and drop the stool sample thing off to u. have u filled it yet! I had to give a sample of Nixon's when he was sick and scooping up something that was very runny was not very pleasant at all!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi guys,

sorry I've been MIA. I have been reading though!

Becky - I'm so sorry to hear Declan had a stint in hospital. We've seen our share of them too and it's not nice. I hope he's on the mend.

Shell, so it's confirmed! A little girl due! Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you!

Abs, yay on Jordy walking! Wow! They are growing up so fast! Happy Birthday Little Man!

Jacci, I'm 10 yeras older than you are hun! Now THAT"S old! Lol!

Charlie is starting to try to stand by himself for a few seconds at a time, and isn't even close to walking. We've sent our his birthday invites to family and friends, and he's already started to receive pressies. He's gotten a Step 2 table and chairs set from us and a Little Tykes car from my parents and his godfather. My MIL got him a very schmiko ride-on mouse and his godmother bought him a Leap Pad. They're all hidden in the back room!

The other bit of news is that I've weaned him off the boob. I didn't want to but circumstances led me to make the decision. He's been off for about 3 days now, and seems none the worse for wear. I, however, have boobs of steel atm so can't wait for the milk to dry up! Just sad I didn't make it to his first birthday.

Hope everyone is well. I'll still lurking and keeping up, I promise!

Happy first birthday Holly & Jordy!

hope you are having super fun days!

Sushee- glad to hear Charlie seems to be coping well without the boob, how do you feel about it? i felt a little sad when i stopped all together for the first few weeks, now it seems like a distance memory and my boobs will be getting ready to nourish baby 2!

Happy Birthday Jordy and Holly!!

I hope you both have a wonderful day!

Sushee... Well done for bf for so long. I saw your other threads and know what you were going through so it must've been hard to decide. I have considered weaning Abbey too but I don't think she would be impressed. She is still feeding overnight and I couldn't be bothered getting up for bottles etc. lol I hope you boobs of steel settle down soon.

Becky... Hope declan feels better soon

Jacci.. Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I can't believe I missed that!

Happy Birthday Holly Maree!

Thank you, Amanda. I feel a little like I've failed in my objective to feed well into toddlerhood, but it's nice to be told I've done well to have gotten so far. Charlie actually didn't wake last night at all. I think he figures he's not getting the boob anyway so why bother? A happy side effect and I'm not complaining.

Nic, I'm sure I'll feel better about it soon. I'm a little sad, I have to admit. I think I wanted him to stay a baby for a while longer. He hasn't even weaned onto a bottle, just a cup, and he only has about a cup of cows milk for the entire day. My ABA counsellor reckons it's more than enough as he gets dairy from other sources, like his evening tub of yoghurt and the milk in his breakfast oats. Without him taking a bottle or boob, though, it feels like he's a toddler now, and no longer a baby. So sad!

abs Guest

Sushee, Jen & I have another 5 years on you !

Happy birthday for yesterday Jac

And hope Declan is getting better Becky

Another new trick here a short time ago... Climbing the stairs - we were holding one hand each and he was stepping up the stairs

oh poor Jordy his ticker says he is old! did you guys have a good day Abs? what did Jordy get from mummy and daddy

just thought id let you all know declan is on the mend thank goodness starting to drink again and even trying to get some food which is super, the stool sample wasn't fun at all he only just did his 1st iky pooh since the hospital!
    Happy Birthday Holly and Jordy!

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    oh poor Jordy his ticker says he is old!
    hmm and now he is just 1 day old... don't think so
    did you guys have a good day Abs? what did Jordy get from mummy and daddy
    mixed - still getting over the cold. He didn't like being in day care at all, cried heaps, threw up his lunch so Jen picked him up after about 90 mins. She has just returned home from todays try. Apparently he wasn't happy this morning either - lets hope he settles today. She hasn't done ANY invoices for her work in several months, so that is the plan for today

And just some more books and couple of little things from us. Jen's parents and brother popped over during the arvo so that was nice

Fantastic to hear Dec is on the mend Becky

Hey everyone

2 DAYS TILL THE MOVE!!!!!!!

I still have done nowhere near enough packing but Sarah is really missing half her toys.

Power gets switched on today so we will have light as soon as we get the keys
    Can you till I'm excited!?!?

Good to hear the sick ones are getting better!

Shell, is this going to be your last bub? if not we mite both have boys next time

2nd wedding anniversary is Monday! He will actually be home coz it's a public holiday!! woo hoo!!

Nickers, we will either have a hattrick of same as 1st bubs or a hattrick of girls, hope it's the latter but if you are disappointed, join the gender disappointment private discussion - really supportive.

Think that will do 4 now. cya later

Hey all well Declan broke out in a rash today that absolutly terrified me but we have been to the doc and it is nothing to worry about *breaths sigh of relief*

Declan got for his birthday

From us

Eurotrike with parent handle and safety harness
    Spot books (and some other books)

From Others

My first leap pad bag and 4 books
    about 20 books all different kinds
    Pumpkin Patch clothes, snow pans, camo pants, ls top
    Other brand clothes 6 tops 1 jumper 3 pairs on pants and socks
    a pair of zip up nikes
    a splash and play pirate ship for the bath (this is awesome)
    some little people play sets
    Mater shake and go (one of the characters from CARS)
    a jack in the box
    A few different cars and trucks
    I think that is it

The Party went well aside from Declan being sick as you can see he scored really well we had around 40 people attend of that was about 15 kids or so we played pass the parcel had an awesome train cake my dad made for declan and lots of yummo party food! I will upload some pics now I have a chance declan is aslep, so I will see how I go!

Good Afternoon all

Becky - hope declan is on the mend!! and glad the rash is nothing!

Abs - I have the opposite problem!!! charlie cries and screams when i go to pick him up from day care coz he loves it that much he wants to stay and play with the kids!!

Ali - have fun moving!!! we moved when charlie was 2 weeks old - it was horrible!!!

All the invitations are gone and have about 30people coming over for Charlies first birthday! really looking forward to it.
    We are going Camping this weekend - so trying to get everything packed
    Anyway - no more news here - it is all quite in Charlies room so i'd say he has put himslef to sleep.

Talk later

Jac

BTW - its funny how people want to have the pigeon pair! I would be very happy with 2 boys... isn't it funny how in life everyone wants different things

mum21 Guest

Becky - sounds like you Declan has had a rough trot like my Declan. Did they say the rash was to do with his virus? Declan has had tonsilitis and was in hospital on Thursday last week not eating and drinking then on Sunday he broke out in a rash that covered his torso front & back and his groin and bum area. Like you I was freaked right out, but his was from being sick. Hope your Declan is better soon.

Amy Declan's rash was just his virus showing through

Piccies are finally up!!!!

Hey guys....

Sorry to those whose birthdays I missed....

A big happy birthday to you all...

Looning forward to haveing 4 whole family together days this weekend.... Cant wait till Jeff finds a job back home.... might be able to get off my PND meds & start TTCing again.... (probably on our honeymoon hehehe...

Alexa came up in a rash once & I freeked, turned out it was only a teething rash... thank goodness...

SHe has 4 teeth trying to come through atr the moment so boy is she growly!!!!

Hope you all all have a wonderful weekend...

Hugs

Share your stories pregnancy, birth and the 1st year

My cousin is having a baby soon and for her baby shower I wanted to make her a book, now this is why I’m writing as I need your help if you get a chance!

What I am wanting to do is put a book together of advice, your birth stories, pregnancy things (like things you didn’t know happened prior to falling pregnant), what happened whilst in hospital like how you felt etc, the first few months things that happened things you didn’t know prior to having bub and things you would change next time around, and anything else you can think off! I thought it might help her seeing how other people coped in differing situations etc I have 4 weeks to get it prepared so any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can email me [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast