Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #18

oh good idea on practising opening pressies! was it u Jac that taught Charlie to blow out candles? someone here did. How did u do that!

Ali- my condolensences to you and your family. It will turn into a happy day after the funeral to see your little bubba inside, goodluck!

Abs Jen and Jordy goodluck not that you will need it and HUGE congrats the day has come all our best on this special day! Can't wait to see the piccies!

Hey,

Thanks for your kind words nickers. Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day so will probably be quite drained by the end of the day. looks like i'm in for an early night tomorrow night.

ABS!!!!- by the time you read this you will be a married man!!!!! Hope you are not ashamed to cry with the vows - even the toughest guys do. my dh is one of the boys thru n thru and still shed a tear at our wedding.

[quote]was it u Jac that taught Charlie to blow out candles? someone here did. How did u do that![quote] so agree, what's your secret?

got so much packing to do it's not funny! looking forward to having it all over and hoping Sarah will behave and let me do what I need to do.

Bgr, where'd my post go from about 20mins ago, it must've failed. Doh, can't remember what i wrote now.

Abs, congrats, hope ur enjoyin urself.

Don't work too hard on easter wkend Ali & bet u cant wait for tomorrow. (i've just joined the due '2nd half Aug07' BellyBuddies thread).

hi all

Yeah it was me who tuaght charlie to blow out candles - its just like teaching him towave - you just do it over and over and over and everytime i do it i say blow - he is really good at it now

Abs - welcome to the married world!!!!

Shell - can't believe your nearly 19 weeks already!!!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Congratulations Abs and Jen on your wedding! I wanted to come on yesterday but didn't get much of a chance! Abs, can you believe you're a married man now!?

abs - got any photo's for us yet!!!!! I'm hanging here!!!!!

picked up charlie from daycare before! little bugger screamed his head off - he wanted to stay and play with the kids!!!

abs Guest

Hi everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what a day Sunday was... Firstly, some pics that my sister Penny took... sorry for the blurry shots she said click here - hope the mods dont mind. I've asked her for the original shots from the camera on CD. Hopefully others will get theirs to us too

The surprise worked an absolute treat. Even when Nic pulled the rings out... hang on, back a bit.

We finally got things under way about 11.40am, about 10mins late due to one part of our extended family being given wrong directions by someone they were asked to bring at the last moment... and he doesn't drive - they weren't happy campers when they got there. But happy once they were there

Michael the celebrant kicked things off really well. Noted he was actually a celebrant and that he'd never done a naming day before so bear with him. Jordy didn't want to be held much, so was wandering around the front with either Jen or myself holding him. We did manage to hold onto him whilst we read a poem to him called Before We Met You. I'll get the words and post them later on. Definitely a few tears welling up during that, basically Before We Met You, we were able to sleep in, house was clean, go away at the drop of a hat, but also didn't know how the little things affected you, how a smile warms you right through, how a cry can devastate you, how we can now sing the theme songs to various tv shows

That then came to an end, Michael said how he'd been organised for 30mins of upfront work, but still had 15mins left. Said how he had been an actor, did anyone want him to do a song or dance, that he was a celebrant blah blah

Person in crowd #1 yells out "Why dont Jen & Andrew do the right thing and get married" - a few giggles from the crowd

We say back, nice call, but we dont have any rings

Person #2 says "Well I have two right here, use these", waits a bit and then brings them up. The crowd is going still giggling and haha'ing

The laughs soon turned to OMG and No Way and are...they...actually...gonna...get...married !!! They are Tears of joy and excitment were everywhere.

Ali, there was some dampness in my eyes reading the vows. But dampness of joy and sincere amazement that in less than a few minutes time we'll be married

Jen changed her vows from what I'd seen, no real surprise there. She fumbled when putting the ring on my finger, almost dropping it - but caught it. Someone yelled out "nice catch" which Michael the celebrant picked up and made a funny comment about it being able to be taken in more than one way

We had sooooo many people tricked - maybe of the 80-90 present, less than 10 knew in advance. And it really got the crowd talking once we'd finished.

What a great day and a very successful surprise... oh and we even had someone "present" via the phone from London. Mik couldn't be there in person, he couldn't get away in time... he leaves next Monday. His wife arrived on Friday and had a school reunion on the Sat night. Mik & Jen have been friends for many many years, so was fantastic he could attend in that manner

Hey Everyone,

Abs - Pics were great, you n Jen look so happy. good idea with surprising everyone!

BIG NEWS - bub #2 is another GIRL!!! not as upset as I was when I found out Sarah is a girl but still really want a boy. Oh well there's always next time... (yes i am a glutton for punishment)

Grandma's funeral went really well but I was more emotional than I expected. I blame it on being pregnant even though I am a bit of a crybaby anyway. It was nice being able to finish the day on a + with the scan.

Sarah has another tooth at the top! now 4 across the top and 2 at the bottom.

so relieved that all the stressful stuff that's been happening is done with.

cya

abs - you look great and really happy!!! glad you had a perfect day!

Ali - good job on another girl!! you might be having girls all the way!!!!!

Congrats again Abs, sounds like it all went well. Lovely pics.

Congrats on ur scan Ali.

Scan went great today, everything perfect. Bub even gladly revealed his/her gender, not going to reveal to anyone until Sunday though. Think we have picked a name now (today), but won't be revealing that until birth. Stats & few pics are in my www (milestones & photos).

oh shell how exciting! glad that bub end up revealing its gender for you, going to look at your updated pics now!

Abs.... Glad your day went wonderfully....

Ali.. Congrats on girly # 2...

Shell.. ya meany making us wait to find out bubs flavour LOL.. glad bubs was cooperative though....

BBL

Abs- they are great pics! Oh i love that cake its looked amazing.
    I also loved reading how the day unfolded you guys did so well to keep it a secret from most of the guests they would have been shocked and excited.
    congratulations once again and glad the day went exactly like you had dreamed and planned.

Abs Congrats on what sounds like a lovely day the pictures showed how happy you all were what a day to remember!

Shell you are so mean! spill...........

Ali congrats on little miss pink no. 2

I forgot to say ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS and my little man will be 1 I can't believe it!!!
    We are having a masive PARTY for him as DH's birthday is the day after so yeah! big bash! will post pics of the momentos occasion! If my camera I ordered ever turns up!!!

Hi Everyone!

I have been MIA as we have just moved. SO I have been busy moving and unpacking and in the middle of all that we had a businnss trip to sydney. Everything is so hectic ATM and I don't know when it will slow down. I am trying to plan Abbeys bday party too. Oh well lol

Ok so its been prettyquiet in ere.

Abs...Congrats on getting married and the day going so well. It sounded like a realy special day for everyone. The pics are great, Jordy looks so grown up.

Becky..WOW just 2 more sleeps. Its coming around very quickly! I hope the party is lots of fun!

Shell... Great to hear the scan went well. I can't wait to hear if its pink or blue. I'm guessing pink though.

Welcome ALi... Congrats on another little girl. How exciting!

I can't remeber anything else. I'm so tired. Abbey just went to sleep. She has been so grumpy the last few days. I don't know if she is teething again, or is getting sick, or is just out of whack with moving and going away. She is just so clingy and sleepy and sooky. Hopefully she feels better soon.

On a happier note, she has started standing without pulling herself up on anything. But still not game enough to take any steps unassisted yet though. SHe looks like she will but then quickly sits down like she is scared.

We are still having sleeping problems. She just does not like the cot. She will go to sleep fine in bed with me, or on the mattress in her room but it takes ages to get her to go to sleep in her cot. Even when she does sleep she wakes every fourish hours. I have been bf as its the quickest way to get her back to sleep, but am not sure if she needs it. I am thinking of getting her a proper bed as soon as she can walk, and see how she goes in that.

Other than that no real news here. We have a new computer and I am still trying to put everything we need onto it and set it up.

Hope everyone is doing well.

abs Guest

Yikes on the sleeping Amanda - I guess breast milk is one thing that it doesn't hurt to "overdose" on... good for you for going this long. I do remember Jen feeling a little lost when she stopped as I'm sure some of the others might have too

And in all honesty, the image for me of Jordy being feed via her breast is one of natures amazingly very cool things.

Thanks for the words re pics... hanging for some others to cough up with what they took Nerida the photographer will be a little longer with her shots as she's had some time away from work due to being sick, thus all her clients have been pushed back

The three of us have been crook with a cold too - though again I've just had a mild case of the sniffles

And big news, Jordy is nearly walking. He can stand on his own for pretty much as long as he wants. He was standing at the gate via the laundry yesterday and then let go (as he has done before). I thought about stepping back some - over the next few hours of trying this a few times, his best effort was equal to about 7 or 8 of my normal steps. He only stopped when he was beside a chair that he could grab onto. Each time as he was coming closer to me, I'd walk backwards away from him

And each time he was cacking himself with ahhhh's on his achievement. Won't be much longer before he does it all on his own

Woohoo on tomorrow Becky for Declan's 1st bday

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast