Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #2

KelliC, cute pickies.

Theresa, hope u get ur hot water.

Jacci, WTG & great pickies too. Birth Cert, I think it was delivered within 2wks.

Bel, that's terrible, stick it to 'em, hehe. We had our payment within 2wks (handed in at Medicare & was given the slip off the bottom as proof of submitting it).

Nickers, why is it that it's hard to get reliable quality trades people these days? Hope they do it right this time. Yay on the sleep.

Lisa, is there someone that u can call on for help? Maybe ur CHN can provide info. I really hope things start improving for u both.

P.S. Jacci & KelliC, if u want ur details updated, u need to email someone, see info at top of page 1.

KelliC Guest

Thanks for that Shell,I don't exactly have a lot of time for details at the moment. I have emailed a moderator.
    I have updated my website and ticker I must be on a roll. Olivia is finally asleep, she's been up since 5 this morning so hopefully she has a decent sleep, I certainly need a break. She seems to be coming down with a cold...UGH

I hope everyone is well and I promise to try and catch up over the coming days.

Abs,
    I am sending off for the birth certificate today, also the form to have Olivia added to our medicare card. I hope Jen and Jordan are well.

Theresa,
    Tya and Tahnie are fanatstic and they are at the perfect age to be a huge help, Tyla will often rock Olivia to sleep whilst I prepare dinner it certaintly relieves some of the stress. Georgie is beautiful, how is Emma behaving??? I hope your hot water system is fixed soon....

Nickers,
    wow at Nixon sleeping 6 1/2 hours, I so look forward to that.

Jacci,
    Charlie is gorgeous and sounds like the perfect baby. I hope to get back to excercising this week or next. I don't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes as yet but it's only been three weeks...

Bel,
    I hear what you are saying about Centrelink, they are hopeless at the best of times, we are also relying on the payment to take a chunk off the bills so hopefully we get it quickly.

Lisa,
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it, I have my fingers crossed that he settles down soon. Is there someone that can help out to take some of he pressure off?

Hi everyone

hope you and your bubs are all well. we have all had a touch of a cold here the past few days but luckily it isn't worrying abbey too much. She's just a bit snuffy so have been using fess little noses on her...it works a treat.

Lisa... i hope you get some answers and help soon. it must be frustrating. sending baby sleeping vibes your way

jacci.. wtg on the exercising and weight loss. i haven't been doing anything yet, but can fit my pre pg jeans yay! just need to start tightening it up now lol

nickers.. yay at the long sleep. abbey slept for nine hours the other night eventually had to wake her up cause my bbs were aching and leaking lol. then she has nights like last night where she hardly slept at all. the long sleeps are great aren't they

theresa... hope you get hot water soon!

Abbey has been doing so well. have a checkup tomorrow so will get to see how much weight she has put on. she looks so much more grown up lately, can't believe i'm already thinking how fast time goes lol.
    She had a shower with dad today and loved it.. much easier than running the bath for her. she just curls up on him and shuts her eyes when the water goes over her face.. its so cute. and she did a half roll over today! i put her to sleep on her back and she rolled onto her side pretty much stright away. then a bit later rolled to her tummy. i put her back on her back and she did it again. she thought it was funny too... kept smiling away.
    oops rambled on a bit there sorry to bore you all lol better go now
    talk soon

Hey Everyone,

Abs was kind enough to help me get the link working on my website!
    When you get a chance have a look at Nixon's pics!

Hello to all! Hope you're all going well. I never seem to find the time to actually post - by the time I've read through and caught up on everyone's news, something (or someone) else requires attention!

Amber had her 6 week check up today and everything's going really well, both with her and finally me too! Today is the last day I have been on Antibiotics since the day she was born - a milestone!!

Anyway, just checking in - and wanting to let you know you're all doing a wonderful job!

Morning all.

Nickers - love your photo's they look great.
    Did u end up havin Nixon before your sister had her baby?

Bel - i
    put my form into centerlink on tuesdwy and the money was in my bank on thursday. although we only get the once off payment as our income is too high - so there would of only been paper work for that.

kelliC - olivia is just beatiful - how is noel handling fatherhood.

Susan - you poor thing hope hope that is your last bout of antibiotics. I had them twice for mastitis and they really aggrevated charlie. he cried all the time - so not like him at all.

Lisa - hang in there it will get better - a friend of mine had a baby that from the minute it woke it would just scream - larissa got to about 12 weeks and then just turned into an angel - she is great now. i know poor renea was nearly having a nervous breakdown by 12 weeks. hope they can work something out for you

Amanda - i have the flabby belly from being cut in half.... i have one of those ab king pro things - really should start using it instead of just looking at it!!!!!!!! hope all is good with Abbey

Abs - .hope you, jen & jordan are going along great now. BTW thanks for the card

Jacci- would you believe my sister had her baby 4 days after me! And she came on her due date, 21st April she had a baby girl (her 2nd) Alyssa Grace. we havent yet met though because we r in diff states. she is coming down in a month or so.

Just a quick hello from me, i have one very unsettled little man atm. Tell you what, I have to be SO careful what I eat!

Jacci, I forgot to say last time, WTG on the weight loss! Wish I was motivated enough to walk that far every day.

I'll have to come back later, someones screaming for attention.
    Have a good day

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

Charlie's christening is on Sunday and my house looks like Hurricane Larry's been through. Any of you lovely ladies have any ideas on how to do a massive clean with an almost 6 week old baby in the house?? Lol!

sushee - i just had to do a major clean up in the lounge room - luckily for me i just turn the vacuum on and walk away for a few minutes then come back and Charlie is asleep - then i run around like a mad woman for about 1 1/2 hours till he wakes up - works everytime.Theres days when a whole day can fly by and i think to myself "i have done nothing today"...... BTW - love your babies name!!!!!!!

Nicers - hope u get to see you new neice soon.

Bel - thanks for the compliment - i need to make sure its the first thing i do every morning otherwise i start doing something else and i tell myself - i'll walk tommrrow.
    I have only walked twice this week -pulled up a bit sore after netball last week.
    hope your little man settles down. i never know what to do when charlie gets himself into a tanty - because he has only really cried once and that stressed me enough.
    Josiah really does look like mark

Hello Everyone, Its been a while since i posted, Ive been very slack......

I hope all the mums(and abs) and bubs are all doing well.
    The weeks sure are ticking by! I can hardly believe Logan is almost 8weeks old already! We have him booked in to get his first lot of immunisation on Tuesday, not too sure whether to take Jasper along??? Logan still hasnt worked out a regular routine feeds whenever he wants really during the day. At night he is getting better usually having a feed at 8-9pm then not waking till 5am.Getting up once a night is hard enough as it has been getting down to -7 here of a morning:eek: he now weighs almost 6kgs!!and is smiling and gooing away! I cant get enough of those smiles!! So hard to catch on camera though! At our 6week checkup Logan was found to have a ear infection, so he has been on antibiotics since,at first he was very unsettled by his tummy must be used to it now.(hopefully)

Well I have both boys awake so I best go tend to them before all hell breaks loose!

P.S. Sushee, where did you get the nappies from that Charile is wearing in his photos? I too am using cloth nappies and am after some better plicher type things. Is that what they are??

Anna,

Charlie's cloth nappies are fitted all-in-ones or waterproof pocket nappies. Like a disposable, you pop them on bub without a cover (doesn't need one) and when it's wet/dirty, you pop 'em in the wash. I have a couple of Bummi covers that I bought to use, but have ended up using only the waterproof nappies for now, so the covers have barely been touched even.

Jacci, your son's name is pretty fab too! Lol!

they sound great Sushee!! Can you tell me where i can get some? and approx. how much were they? sorry about the 20 questions.
    Just updated Logans photo album if anyone is interested?
    Last edited by AMH; May 26th, 2006 at 01:54 PM.

anna - i have 4 new fitted nappies here that i am never going to use but was going to throw out - i am using dispossibles. if u want i can send them to u. they go from newborn to 9 months - they have velcro tabs - mine are only white though

Anna, there are so many to choose from! You should check out the Cloth Nappy threads! Some true cloth nuts in there. I am newly converted! I come from a time when cloth meant terry squares. I've learnt so much (and bought so much) since then! But Charlie looks so dapper in his clothies!

Charlie's red one is a bubblebub, my personal favourite, and it costs around $25. But the pocket nappies like the swaddlebees are cheaper and easier to dry too, so i quite like them! Email me and I'll send you some info: [email protected]

abs Guest

Hi girls,
    wow, what a last couple of days here - I take it I said something about birth certificates... and yep, we have our money - went into Jen's account a little while back

Sushee, just noticed Charlie was an IVF'r... so is Jordan - and he continues to be sooo cute, even when he's having a really crappy day

We had our first Parents Group meeting on Friday arvo... Jen reckons she has sussed out some new best friends. One of which she met at the local medical clinic on Saturday - she was there to get a Maxalon script to see if that'll help her milk supply. Ended up with something else, can't remember the name

Only one other guy at the group out of about 15 babies... was his last day of leave, going back to work tomorrow. Had to watch where I was looking a couple of times, as the other mums were pulling out boobs left right and centre to feed during the meeting - we were up one end of the room, next to the lady running the group, so facing back towards everyone

Went through our and bubs names, where they were born, type of birth, age, thoughts about the whole thing etc etc. Plenty of no drug stories, and one girl who had a 10pd baby naturally !!

I'm pretty busy with moving Jen's business website to the same place Belly is hosted, so might be a bit scarce for a little while (stoopid new place treats a file XYZ.doc differently to xyz.doc - I've got major changes to make throughout jen's current design to fix this) - the move will save her well over $1000/yr though

oh, forgot to add... those of you in the capitals, see where your local Chemist Warehouse is (I know they are in Sydney/Melb/Hobart - dunno where else)

Formula and Nappies were cheaper than even when on special at Woolies/Coles etc - at least at my nearest one - gotta go back tomorrow (Monday) to get a fresh batch of insulin that is significantly cheaper there than other places - it's not on the PBS yet ($130/30 days it costs me - when on the PBS - hopefully August/Sept, I'll get 5times the amount for the standard $29.50)

Hi there,

Well I finally have charlie into some sort of routine (sp?) at night - i feed him about 8 or 9pm and then he wakes up at about 2 am and then doesn't wake up again till 6.30 am - i am very happy with this. (although a sleep in would be nice!!!!) I seem to be more tired now with him only waking up once a night than when he woke up every 3 hours!!
    Charlie is smilling heaps more now - as i type this he is lying in his rocker bashing the little stars that hang from it. I think he may turn out to be left handed coz he is always hitting them with his left hand.

Played netball on the weekend, got beaten but didn't pull up sore at all so i am very happy.

Abs - I remember Jordan being very long but i just can't remember how long he was. Has he gotten much longer since birth? Charlie was only 51cm - he is 54 cm now. How much does jordan weigh now. Wish we had a cheap chemist place in portland!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend - I spent the rest of the time ( after netball )renovating my kitchen and putting in the new front garden ( the garden bit was fun!)

Lisa - hope you are doing goo and that everything has settled down for you.

Work - Is anyone missing work???? I am not missing it at all - actually i lie - i miss the people not the work.

Well were off for a walk

Theresa - I know how you feel about the grandparents - yesterday mum and dad were here and i asked them to look after charlie for 1/2 hour while i go down the street. When i came back the house was empty and all the doors were locked. they had taken him for a walk - but didn't worry about leaving me a note! - i stressed so much coz i didn't know were my little man was.
    Hope the contraception thing doesn't hurt too much. I think i will go and get the one they put in your arm - it lasts 3 years i think.
    charlie doesn't sleep much during the day like georgie - but i really don't mind coz he sleeps so much at night and he's not grumpy during the day. Is georgie grumpy during the day or does she just sit in her rocker or just want your attention?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast