Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #20

YAY - first time ever, I put Josiah down in bed with his bottle, left the room and didn't hear a peep out of him!! Got Mark to check on him about 15 mins later to make sure he was rugged up and he was sound asleep without his dummy even! Let's hope it continues

Joy - thanks for the congrats, and I'm with you, I LOVED building our first house and can't wait to do it all again. We are going with a different builder though, so I'm a little nervous about that. The first mob were so good, but they don't build a big enough house for what we need now.

Tantrums - Janae has never thrown a tantrum and even now only tries to stamp her foot now and then, but always ends up in a fit of giggles coz she knows she's not allowed to do it. Josiah on the other hand....his first tantrum was premeditated! We had some friends over and we were sitting in the family room while he was playing in front of us. At one point he looked at me, laid face down on the floor and started throwing his arms and legs about! I admit I did have a bit of a giggle coz it looks so funny at about 9 months of age, but quickly composed myself and told him no. Anyway, it didn't work, now he throws himself around all over the place! Changing his clothes is the worst, he hates having his clothes taken off AND put back on. Once they're on or off he doesn't care, but OMG the drama, you'd think we were beating the kid the way he carries on! Unfortunately I havent got a solution for the tantrums yet, all I know is that if you pay too much attention to them they will just get worse.

Well, I'm off to bed, the rest of the house is asleep, and my eyes are closing typing this! Nighty-night everyone, sleep tight

Bel

abs Guest

hehe Bel, as you were going to bed, I was getting UP ! Woke at 1.15, lay in bed til 2, got up, did some stuff downstairs til 3, back to bed, read a book til 4.30, turned the light off, Jordy woke at 4.45, back to bed for him at 7am - we all got 40-45mins sleep, and back up again - argh

Cant help with the clothes - Jordy loves putting clothes on or taking them off. He is such a helper with that. We tug on the arm of his clothes and he pulls his arm in and down so it comes out... or in reverse he'll stick his arm up to push it through the sleeve. He'll also lift his feet to help putting pants on/off etc

We have a new trick

When he does something good, we put our hands in the air and go YEAAAHHHH - he does it too, is sooooooooooo cute. The smile is adorabubble (sorry, that's a Jenny term)

hi all. couldn't post on sunday so just caught up on 3 pages. im glad its not any busier in here!

Tantrums - yes every time she goes to bed. have learnt thet the tanty cry is shrill, changes pitch n has pauses so we only listen for what sounds like her hungry cry coz its the same as her emotional cry.

walking - it's still faster to crawl but if she's not in a rush she walks. it's easier in my back coz I can hold her hand n make her walk to the car from the front door. she has also mastered climbing the front step.

Dh is still away so he still hasn't seen her walk

Clothes - sarah crawls away mid change. often with her nappy off. she hasn't peed on my bed yet tho so im not worrid about it. too hard to get off the floor for me these days so she comes up to where i can reach properly.

hope everyone is feeling better!

Hey all first of all TOUCH WOOD last night declan slept from 9:15pm until 6:30 am OMG OMG please let him back this up with another good one tonight please o please let this be the corner we were praying for!!!

Yay on Declan sleeping thru Bec.. hope this is indeed the corner you have been waiting for..

Bel.. Yay on Josiah settling himself at night...

Ali.. you must be so proud of Sarah... DH will be surprised when he gets home!!!

Abs... How cute of Jordy.. must look sooo cute hehehe..

Alexa is better at nights now but has been sick so not much fun... I also found another tooth i didnt know was there so she not has 4 top & 4 botton teeth, 2 top molars & the mystery bottom molar LOL... she also helps put on & take off her tops... but the pants are more of a struggle LOL...

Better go & get some work sone, try & do more personals later

WOOHOO thank god its Friday LOL

abs Guest

i agree Mitch TGIF

Becky, come on, waiting to hear about Dec's sleep last night

Not much to report here... Jen's out meeting a potential buyer of her business

Hi everyone

Sorry I've been slack the last couple of days Declan and I have been sick with a cold which is now in my sinus

Bec - Yay on Declan sleeping through that he keeps doing it for you, oh and if he does do you mind sending him here to teach my Declan how to do it too.

Abs - GL to Jen hope things work out with this buyer. How is young Jordy going?

Mitch - Hey chickee glad Alexa is better for you at night too and way to go on the tooth just appearing lol, obviously didn't cause her any pain?

Ali, Joy & Nickers - how are you lovely preggo ladies going?

Bel - Josiah is certainly turning into a little man by the looks of your sig, very cute.

Jac - has the rain eased up down there yet? How are you guys going?

Sushee - I forgot to ask how was your trip?

Lisa - how are you and Tyron?

Jesa - Sorry don't think I've welcomed you yet, sorry but welcome to our little group great bunch of ladies & abs here.

Sorry if I've missed anyone but my head is still congested. BBL

abs Guest

Jords is doing fine thanks Amy - he slept more last night than the previous couple so thats a good start. And he's having a fun day today

Jen's still out, but I took an interesting phone call just before - someone from another recruitment company that are just starting up - but cover a wider range of clients than us... Hmmm, they could be a potential buyer too - our website is already established and could readily be expanded to cover additional areas

Hi all!

sorry i have MIA for so long.
    Nixon has been sick for a few weeks and still trying to get over this cold. well hope its not another one. His nose is ust running like a tap atm. got over conjunctivitis and a middle ear infection. He is getting more balance when letting go but no signs of taking any steps yet, still think thats a while off.

Pregnany- neally half way already! time flies 2nd time around. i have my ultrasound on Monday and hoping to find out the sex, will keep you posted.

tantrums- Nixon has these when changing him sometimes. It does my head it when trying to change a dirty nappy and he starts thrashing and kicking about.
    thismorning he did the first solid poo he has done in i dunno how many months! he just kept getting tooth after tooth so i think was half the reason.
    and ive just switched him to cows milk. the next task his taking away the bottle. ive been trying on and off for the last 1.5months but he hates having milk out of anything else but his dam bottle.... any suggestions??

have u tried every cup including the ones where the straw pops up when u move the lid jess loves to drink out of those .apart from that i wouldnt have a clue jess is stilhaving three bottles of cows milk

Hey all well it was certainly a once off the last 2 nights have been horrible! grrr soo I better get to bed or ill have no sleep agaiN!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

NIc,

Charlie will drink everything else out of a straw or sippy cup, but will only take milk from a bottle. I think I may leave him on the bottle for at least another 6 months, and then see where we're at. I think it would be too big a shock to his poor system to have to give up him bottle now!

Love and hugs to all the sick bubs and their mums. Charlie has been sick for the better part of 3 weeks now, first with asthma and bronchilitis, then with gastro, and now with a cough and cold. DH and I have decided to avoid taking him out at all if possible until he gets a chance to get over being sick for a while. It's the season for all the dreaded viruses and such. Sucks big time.

CHarlie also has his milk out of the bottle and i'm going to leave it like that - he knows that his water is out of a straw or a sippy cup. He is only on 2 bottles a day so i give it to him when he wakes in the morning and when he goes to bed - he knows its bed time when he's had a bottle.

I have the flu really bad and so does gav - i hope charlie doesn't get it!!

I am waiting for my best friend to have a baby - she is 4 days over - poor thing!!!

Have a wonderful day

Jac

Hey

Sarah has milk out of a straw. banned the bottle completely by 1/2 way thru pg so she knows that big girls don't drink from bottles only babies do. that worked for the dummy too. I just make sure she feels big n special for not needing it. try a bottle with an oral development spout like the pigeon 1. mite work if it looks like a bottle but drinks like a cup?

only 11 weeks to go! omg I cant believe how fast it has gone! the Bra's'n'things ultimate body mty bra is THE BEST! convertible straps n all. super comfy, recommend it 2 all pg women! Have reached the always tired time again. If only I could have some of Sarah's energy

Enjoy the sleeping thru! I find [email protected] consistency works. If I don't do something she always wakes up.

Stephen gets home next sunday!!!!! I cant wait! I prob won't b on nxt week so mite take a while to catch up considering I got 8 emails from BB in 3 days. today I only had 1 page in here to catch up on so thats not too busy. will try tho. @ the mo he is Digging Treches near Murray Bridge. at least we r still in the same state.

Jacci - is this ur friends 1st bub? hope she doesn't need to b induced. hated waiting till 9days odue.

wow the less u write the less I do! makes my post easier to write

CYA

Hi

Big hugs to all the sick mums and bubs. Hope you all get better very quickly. Josiah has has a snotty nose, but that's clearing up very fast. We had gastro visit our place about 4 weeks ago - the day that daycare called to pick Josiah up coz of it they had sent ALL their babies home for the same reason.

Bottle - Josiah drinks his milk from a bottle (about 3 a day)everything else from a sippy cup. I'm happy with him having a bottle atm - to be honest drinks still come out a bit fast from his sippy cup and he splutters a bit sometimes.

Thanks for the comments about Josiah Amy - he is such a little man, and definately acts like a boy - he's fearless!

Becky - hope Declan realises that a full nights sleep is GOOD and starts doing it consistently for you.

Well, we had our first home open today - 5 couples/parties through on an absolutely miserable day, so happy with that. Hopefully we get a buyer very soon.

My exciting news of the day - My sister is coming in October! Haven't seen her since we went over there 2 years ago when her 1st bubs was 6 weeks old, and she's had another one since then! My mum hasn't seen her for 6 years, so VERY glad she's coming. She's staying for 6 weeks too, so we'll get to spend heaps of time together.

K, off to organise the kids, going to the movies tonight for the first time in AGES. Baby sitters will be here soon (Janae's godparents). Have a nice night

Bel

yeah Nixon drinks his water out of a cup or straw sippy thing but bottle he relates to his milk.
    i had my scan today and found out little powpow is a BOY! . isnt that funny all 3 of us in here are having the same sex as our first bub!
    we decided we will tell ppl this time but going to keep his name a surprise. we are pretty certain we've come up with a winner though!

bubs heart still may be an issue but still dont know. they told me everything was ok but spent a heck of a long time trying to get the data and had a few attempts followed by one of the doctors coming in because she wasnt satisfied with the results.

Nixon spewed in his sleep last night, the night before he pooed everywhere in his sleep. his nose is contsnatly dripping but its now that real sticky gooey bright green boogy (nice hey) he has eaten much today but seems ok in himself. just wish we could all get over these germs that keep lerking.

Woohoo Nickers.... Congrats on the Boy.. now Nixon will have a mate for life... woohoo... Hope Nixon is better soon poor wee mite!!!

I have been checking in all the time to check & see if you have osted LOL...

Congratulations Nickers, I hope everything turns out fine with the little ones heart, do you have to have any more checks or anything??

I saw you question in the names forum, you know what my vote is for...

Hi to everyone else, no bugs here for the moment, I am hoping to keep it that way!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast