Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

Abs - yeah he is feeding fine - so i don't really know what is wrong with him - maybe he just has a little tummy bug. Geez your good getting up in the middle of the night - gav will get up on weekends - but i never get him up during the week coz he has to go to work in the morning.

Sushee - good work on the getting 7 hours sleep. I am always kissing charlie and gavin just looks at me and shakes his head - but itell him that i won't be able to do it in 15 years time!!! he wont want to know me!

Megan - I'm with ABS here - What is an Ear tag????

Has anyone gotten there Period yet? I have gotten mne and it is really really heavy - to the point were i'm starting to worry!! - Is it normal to have a really heavy period first one back after a baby ( sorry ABS!!!!)

Hi everyone

Rose... it was me that moved to wodonga. Have only been here 6 weeks now. would be great to catch up.

Jacci.. hope that charlie feels better soon. The only thing i think you need to worry about if it is diarreah (sp?) is keeping his fluids up so he doesn't get dehydrated. Abbey does that many poos most days but she is bf. I haven't gotten my period yet but i was reading somewhere that it is pretty normal for them to be heavier than usual. If you are concerned though it wouldn't hurt getting checked out.

Abs.. abbey has found her hands too.. its so cute. i'll often find her sucking away on her fists her her thumb. and how nice of you to get up in the middle of the night... chris doesn't even hear her and she is in the same room lol

rolling over...abbey has rolled over twice and we are waiting for more lol... she has really good neck control too.

well abbey had her needles today... she was really good but is a bit sooky now. she is laying on her rug atm telling her toys all about it lol its so cute.

WB to everyone!!

Amanda - maybe it is diareah (sp?) - god its just so hard to tell - why can't he talk and tell me what is wrong..

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while!

Jacci - I had my period last week, it was really heavy and the blood was nearly black, it also last a lot longer than normal nearly 8 days (sorry again abs!!). As for poo Tyron can have 4 in one day and then sometimes he can go 2-3 days without any, I think it is just a cycle thing!!

Jellie - good to see you back, I can't believe your little man is 14 weeks old!!

We dont have any rolling over here either, but he has great head control, so we are behind aswell...

Still not have good sleeps, especially during the day, we are off to Ngala tomorrow which is a sleep type clinic, hopefully they can give me some tips on settling him!!

Well not much else to say for me, I am going back to work in 3 weeks, boy has that time gone quickly...

getinmybelly!! Guest

Okay well an ear tag is basically just a little piece of excess skin on her ear. Its a couple of mm's in length and a couple of mm's in width. They usually just tie them off, like docking a sheeps tail, but they said the base was too thick to do that. We're going to wait and if she wants it done at some stage then we'll go ahead.

I have a new photo in my ticker to show you her beautiful smile

abs Guest

Ta GIMB re the ear... and Lana is very cute there !!

The ear thing reminds me, Jordy has a little growth of hair on his right ear I think it is - will have to try to remember to take a piccie of it - tis pretty funny

And you girls know I'm not easily offended... as far as I know Jen hasn't had a period yet, but good to know what to expect when it arrives and she invariably gets worried about it - I can say "just like all the girls on Belly, it's normal" - so ta

Yucky for 3 weeks time Lisa, you poor thing. Even though Jen is struggling trying to run her business as much as usual, it is still going somehow, but she wouldn't trade the time with Jordy for anything

Jac & Amanda, you're both wrong - it's diarrhoea or diarrhea (depending on preferences) - and how good would it be if they could just tell us what was wrong. Ah well, Jen is getting pretty good at telling the different sounds - and is often correct, eg feeding / nappy changes etc

Qst??? - How long was every ones baby at there 8 week check up

Period - Lisa said hers was nearly black - my blood is bright red and seems to be heaps and heaps of it (more than i lost after i had charile) should i be worried that it is bright red?????

abs - Jordan has Vellas hair on his ear - babies are born with it on there ears - just above there bottom and on there faces. Most of it falls off fairly quickly, Jordan seems to have some left over - it would look cute!! there ears are soo cute anyway. I love there ears and there fingers - soooo cute

Theresa - Georgie is going to catch Em in weight in no time at all. Charlie is not a day time sleeper - he catnaps for about 20 minutes at a time. it doesn't bother me too much as he sleeps pretty good at night now. how do you plan to break the habbit??? I only ask coz i would have no idea at all on how to stop it.

Lisa - Hope the sleep clinic really helps you - your body would be needing a break! hope you are having a rest during the day when he does sleep.
    3 weeks is not very far till u go back to work. i am dreading having to leave charlie and that is not till March 2007
    Last edited by Trillian; June 23rd, 2006 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Triplicate post

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Theresa,

I find that when Charlie sleeps well during the day - like yesterday when he had a four hour nap at my mum's - I don't get a good long sleep from him at night. When he does little 20 min catnaps during the day, I get a 7 - 8 hour straight sleep that night. Good to hear how well Georgie is doing though, the little trooper.

As for length at 8 weeks, Jacci, Charlie was 59cm at just over 7 weeks. And he too has hairy ears! Lol!

abs Guest

sorry Jac, can't remember how long he was - maybe 60cm ?? But that might have been closer to the 7week mark when we saw the Paed - the local clinic nurse was 8 days later (it was definitely at the Paed though)

Jordy had some big naps during the day yesterday and was up several times last night, so same here sushee

Better go take a piccie on that clump of hair

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone!
    Olivia is sleeping in her capsule beside me as we just got back from a day of shopping, she wont be asleep long though as she also has 20 or 30 min cat naps during the day, she is generally happy when awake during the day though. At the Shopping centre she just stared up at the lights from her pram for 2 hours...

I'm sorry I have been MIA for a while but I'm just trying to settle into this motherhood thing all over again.

Olivia also has little bits of hair on the top of her ears, I told her Daddy it's the Italian coming out in her...lol
    We changed from the bassinette to the cot last night as somehow everynight Olivia would manouevre her way up the bassinette and the cry because her head was stuck up against it, she seemed to sleep better in the cot.

Abs,
    Same as Jordan here when she has big naps during the day Olivia keeps me up half the night.

Theresa,
    Great to hear both Em and Georgie are having a good day, it will certainly make it a lot easier on their mummy, sounds like Georgie will be the Bigger Little Sister...LOL

Sushee,
    the longest Olivia has slept for at night is 6 hours, her sleeps are slowly getting longer... How much better do we feel when we get a longer sleep...

Lisa,
    I hope the sleep clinic works out for you, I know so many people who have used them successfully. I have my fingers crossed for you. 3 weeks until you go back to work, not too far away but as much as you will miss bubba a bit of me time is always nice.
    I'm looking for some part time work at the moment. I hate not having the extra money.

Nickers,
    Thanks for the information on the mums and bubs class. I will be at the 1st class back after the school holidays.

Hi to everyone else.

abs Guest

Hi Kell, good to see you pop in

Well, went to take a pic of the little boys ear earlier today... Jen was a bit shocked when I whipped out the camera as she didn't have a great deal on above the waist But looks like the hair has come off, couldn't find it - ahh well

abs Guest

wow, over 24hours without a single post in our usual vocal threads... where is everyone ?

I have been popping in and out but no one had written anything so i didn't write anything.

Charlies poor little doodle blew up like a baloon and then the little bell thing fell off!!! it looks so bad so i took him to the doctor and he said it looks really good. Charlie didn't care at all he was laughing at the doctor.

abs Guest

thats good to know he's not fussed by it at all Jacci - must be a big weight of both yours and Gav's mind

KelliC Guest

Hey Abs and Jacci,
    It is ery quiet in here atm. Looks like we are the only ones around.

Jacci,
    Great to hear that Charlie is healing well. Hopefully it gets better really soon.

Just when I have time to pop in there is no one else around.

Olivia had her 1st bad day yesterday, screamed for most of the day unless she was being held. She seems a little better today.

Hello to everyone else.
    Kel
    x

I'm here I'm here!! Just lurking most of the time as nothing really to report! (or add my 2c worth into ) But I'm always thinking of you all!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast