Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

Susan love the pics! Thats just a gorgeous shot that you got og Amber smiling! Her hair is quiet long already too isn't it! I am amazed how much nixon's hair has already grown.

abs Guest

Hi everyone (thanks for the inclusion Jac )

And a big hi to Kelli and Jellie

Nothing really to report here, other than that we weighed Jordy at the parents group yesterday - bang on 6kg. Am glad I've kept going, as a few have had hubby along just the once. Am getting a reasonable chat going with some of them which helps make em more at ease about feeding and not worrying about flashing boobs around with a guy there - guess it's a bit like my friends here, we've spoken about some reasonably personal feminine stuff over the last few months

Hope the procedure went okay for your boy today Jac, and that he is okay soon - what sort of time frame is the recovery ?? Hope you and gav are okay soon too, coz I guess he'll be a bit sooky for a while

Good luck with the move Susan, Perth will be a bit warmer than Tassie. Speaking of which, we got a lovely little jumper from friends in Launceston yesterday that he wore to parents group. Will put a pic of it up shortly

Tell ya what, I'm so glad I work from home - I couldn't imagine having to go into the office every day (or at least be away from home) and miss out on all the happenings that go on with our little ones growing and learning and doing things. It really is such an amazing time seeing these day by day changes. For many years I never ever thought I'd be a dad, now I don't want those days back for quids

hi everyone just a quick hello,
    We had Logans baptism today and it all went well he was such a good little boy, and full of smiles! My Dad came up to do the ceremony(he is a Minister) which was really nice and he really enjoyed baptizing his 2nd grandson also!! Cant wait to get some piccies up of him in the gown he looked like such a little doll. He fell asleep after it all. It was sooo cold here today so we had him all rugged up in bonnets and booties and shawls that my mum had worn when she was baptized.
    Hope you are all well will try and catch up with personals tomorrow.

Sush, excellent on the sleep.

Jellie, great to hear everything's going well with u.

Jacci, hope all went well today.

Sooz, yikes on havin to move with a bub, hope all goes well. Great pickies, oh & I love apricot, I don't have any apricot baby clothes.

Still no word from KellyW, oh I really hope the surgery went well.

Lisa, how u doin?

Anna, cant wait to c pickies.

Hi thee everyone.

Well little charlie went in yesterday and got a new doodle!!!
    I think i cired more than him!!! - you wouldn't even know he has had it done. He has had no panadol or anything and he is perfectly fine - he even came back to me smiling. He slept most of the day yesterday withgav, then went to bed at his usual 8.30 woke at 4.30 and then back to sleep again after that feed - he is smiling away today. It is really yucky to look at- its red and sore looking (poor gav cringes everytime he sees it - like you would too ABS) i went and played netball while gav looked after him and i told gav to feed charlie whenever charlie wanted it - sometimes it can only be 2 1/2 hours between - but when i got home from netball he had gone 4 hours between feed. I think i was very stressed about nothing. I'm sure that if you went and got it done later in life it would hurt like hell - but as a baby he has just sort of forgotten about it.

Abs - the plastic bell falls of within 5 - 8 days. you should of seen gav cringe when they were explaining what they do.......hehehe.
    Jordan sure is becoming a big boy - charlie is 5.7 kilos - he'll catch up with you soon - i think he has stacked on heaps of weight because he is on formula. Is jordan on formula or purely breastmilk?

Hi to every one else. Hope to hear from KellieW and Lisa soon and everything is alright with them.

abs Guest

Hi folks

That would have been nice for your dad to do that Anna - we might just have a bit of a party here, as both Jen & I are non-practising catholics, so would just be a whole farce really going through a baptism ceremony... Jen is godmother to a very good friends child and all but cringed at what she had to "promise"... I mean, if it came to be she'd do what was right etc etc, but....

Good to hear all is good Jacci... I read the other thread where the others said bubs were all fine after the procedure. Made me feel more at ease - I have no idea on how it's done, never looked into it, and think I might leave it that way based on your description of Gav's responses

And well Jordy does have a head start on Charlie - and both were about 2 weeks early right ?? But soon enough the difference will be negligible anyway - my how has this last nearly 11 weeks for us just flown. Oh, and he is on a mix of booby and formula. Jen does what she can, and we top up with formula

We had a friend who is 34weeks pg pop in today - Amanda is a fairly smallish lass, and boy is bubs showing. Makes the belly on the front page of here look like she's standing in the mirror - and still has 6 weeks to go. She also reckons Jordy looks just like me

Jen was saying she has no problem with that, but commented how a friends daughter looks just like him... with his partner nearly in tears about it - she is sooo upset about that :eek:

I've spent the majority of the last 2 days looking after my little boy, so Jen could get all her invoices and MYOB up-to-date given end of financial year is just around the corner... she had stuff outstanding from before Jordy was born. She's one happy girl now

Hope you all had a good weekend - catch ya during the week (still gotta do more pictures though)
    Last edited by abs; June 18th, 2006 at 09:01 PM.

abs Guest

Hi Theresa, great news on Georgie, looks as though Em hasn't changed much - we all wish for a change on that

A bit of news on the Jordy front... His left hand and right hand have finally met and become friends !! Was sooo cute watching him earlier today. Anyone else had this happen yet ?

Good Afternoon.

Charlie and i just got back from our walk - it was actually really warm out there.

Abs - charlie has found his hands too - he now grabs onto the jugle jym toys with full grasp and pulls on them! - he also just sits there with his hands together - looks very funny.

Theresa - hope everything works out for you soon - just have faith that it will get better!
    glad the meds are working.

Well, I am just going to jump in here as I have had sooo much trouble getting to read threads since the new format. I am not going to try and catch up, but thought that since I have finally got into the thread I better chat. Rachel is 9 weeks yesterday. She is such a good baby. Sleeps from 11pm(last feed is 10pm, just takes an hour to feed) till 6.30am now and is feeding 4 hrly during the day, as of Saturday. She is my most settled baby yet. The others are adgusting well to it all, just takes us longer to get out of house with three under 3 half. Hope you are all doing well, I will now read some posts and hopefully get access to the threads more easily now.

I just remembered, someone was moving to Wodonga Vic around the same time bubs was to be born. Can someone tell me who it was. I would love to catch up with them.

getinmybelly!! Guest

Hey everyone!!!

I can't believe this is basically the first time I have been here since Lana was born. She turned 8 weeks old today. We had our 8 week appointment today. She is now 4959gms so doing well.

I am still breastfeeding...I'm a good cow lol. Ummm what else.

Sleeping I get up once in the night and she sleeps great during the day. She has slept through a few times but this is the exception rather than the rule.

Milestones
    Lana started rolling from front to back at 2 weeks. Shocked the hell out of the health sister when she did it lol. She is considered extremely advanced for her head control. Everyone thinks its great but I feel like I never got my 'little' baby.

I like to cuddle her when she's asleep so I can feel like I have a newborn.

Lana was born with an ear tag. We've decided not to have it removed as it will require an anesthetic which I think she's too little for, especially seeing it's only cosmetic.

She is also developing a strawberry mark on the top of her head. Its about the size of a cigarette burn so far.

But we are all well, now I am off to bed, but I will try to come back on tomorrow to catch up with all the goss. Hope everyone is well

Meagan

abs Guest

Hi Rose and GIMB - welcome back

Rose, that was Amanda_81 who moved down your way... she is on from time to time, so should see your message (hopefully)

Meagan - what is an "ear tag" ?? And wow on Lana being able to roll soo early

Well, bedtime here - I think Jordy is about to stir

Hi All,

Welcome Jellie, Rose and Megan ... don't worry about catching up. This is such a busy thread and it can be hard to keep up even if you log in every day. April was obviously a big month for babies!

ABS - YAY on Jordie discovering his hands. I can't wait for that to happen! Has he got a nice rattle or two to play with? As you are a non-practising Catholic, have you thought about having a naming ceremony? You can have "sponsors" instead of "godparents". I am still tossing up what to do on that front myself.

Anna - that's lovely that your Dad could do the baptism. Can't wait to see the photos.

Theresa - how are things today with the girls? Hope the run of good luck continues.

Megan - well done with the breastfeeding. It must be a real joy when it all comes together. I hope I can achieve that next time.

Updated pics of WM on my site now. He is smiling and cooing. I was teaching him his vowels yesterday (with exaggerated facial expressions) and he seemed very interested. I am enjoying it now because I have a feeling that in 15 years' time, he won't be so interested in anything that I'm saying. =)

Hope all April babies and parents are doing well.

Mel

Morning everyone

Meagan ~ Lana is just adorable Reading your post i was nodding away ryan also has great head control and has been rolling since he was 5 weeks old the health nurse here told me it was a fluke but i think she may be a tad wrong . i'm hearing you on feeling like you don't have a newborn, Ryan also has a few strawberry Birth marks a couple on the top of his head and a rather large one at the base of his neck

rolling over - i think i may be a bit behind!!! Charlie hasnt rolled over yet - he can however do like a mini push up and lift his whole chest off the ground whilst looking around at every one.

any who - were off on our walk. had a great sleep last night thru till 5am - well actually i had to put his dummy inhis mouth at 1 am but other than that he was good.

Poos- how many poos should a formula fed baby do????? since getting circumsised charlie has been avereaging 3 per day - before it was once a day - do you think it could just be his way of reacting to the trauma put on his body????

abs Guest

Jordy also has been doing the minipushup's - no r*e*a*l sign of rolling yet, though attempts to if on his tummy - nothing really if he's on his back

And poo-wise, he's only doing em once every 2-3 days !! certainly not every day. And Jen has pretty much done all those nappy changes lately. Including one she called the smelliest ever at 3.30am this morning... he finally crashed out at around 6pm last night and slept all the way to 3am (WOOHOOOOOO) - Jen got me up to change him whilst she got ready to feed.

Just a wet nappy, wipe him dry, fresh nappy, hand him back to Jen and back to bed I go

When I get up again at 6.30, there's a note on his change table that said something like

"Hi Daddy
    you and I played a wicked joke on mummy last night. After you went back to bed, I did the smelliest poo ever that mummy had to change"

Ummm, maybe it could be the trauma ? see what happens in the next few days. Is he feeding properly ?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Aw Charlie doesn't roll over, he's not good at push-ups (just getting his head off the bed, but otherwise 'tummy time' is an excuse for him to lie flat and coo to himself), and he hasn't discovered his hands yet either! But I'm regularly getting 7 hours sleep a night now, and he smiles and laughs all day, so I'm a happy mummy!

And Mel Lol at WM not listening to you in 15 years time. As a mum to 14 and 16 year olds, I hear ya!

abs Guest

quick update - just had a call from Jen who is out and about doing a few things today

Jordy has just discovered he can suck his thumbs - literally both at the same time. We haven't been using a dummy... Jen was cacking herself - said it looked sooooo cute

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast