Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #5

Abs - charlie is a early rises he wakes about 5am for a feed and then wants to play!! i just turn his mobile on in his bed and walk away, he normally talks to it for about 1/2 an hour and then just goes to sleep - he then wakes up again between 8.30 and 9 am.
    Mind you he doesn't go to sleep as early as Jordan does - i won't let charlie sleep after 6pm i hold him out till about 8.30pm - give him a bottle and then he is in bed by about 9pm and thats it for the night. I let him sleep once at 6pm and he woke up at 3am all ready to play!!Never again!!! mind you charlie is very easy to put to bed - he can be wide awake and you put him in his bed and he goes to sleep.

Sometimes I wish i could sleep through a cry!!! I wake up at the smallest little noise - annoys the crap out of me! it might be just charlie dreaming but i am straight in there.

abs Guest

Nup, regardless of what he's doing, Jordy will simply pass out around that time. You can be walking, feeding, have any noise around quite loud and he simply closes his eyes and see ya later

We'd love to try and move it back some, but it does kinda work for us. I try to stop working around 5pm, take him, feed, and then he goes to bed. Jen can get a bit of work done and get dinner (unless it's a rare occasion and I'm allowed to make dinner)

Feed time wise, they will start going longer between feeds about now - the volume per feed might rise to make up for it. We're now doing 200ml bottles instead of 150mls (as in put that much water+formula in the botle)

As for nappies - from 5.15 to 7.15am he was changed 6 times !! He simply will refuse to drink anymore from his bottle if his nappy is wet.
    5.15 (when we got up)
    6.30 (the Sunrise news was just starting)
    7.10 (I wanted to watch the segment on Sunrise that was on, but missed it)

Thank god he is soooooo cute, he smiles after his nappy is changed and that melts your heart again

Oh, I might be offline for the next day or 3 from later today - I'm gonna replace the harddrive in my laptop (from 40Gb -> 160Gb) - means reinstalling everything

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

Abs, Charlie nods off at 8pm everyday like clockwork. So much so we can't be out past 7.30pm or all hell will break loose! Lately he's been sleeping through to 7.30am, which is marvellous for him, but my bbs feel like they're going to explode by the time he wakes up! And coz he's in my room, I know I'm not sleeping through his crying!

I've been MIA all week. Going to go catch up on everyone's posts before continuing.

Jacci, coz she was breech, her legs were like frog legs, legs bent & beside her (as in pics in www) so they did a rough measurement of 50cm, from head to hips, hips to knee, knee to feet. She was 49cm at 2.5wks, so she must have been smaller than that at birth.

Lisa, yikes on what the CHN said.

Theresa, yep my friend told me they're expensive, I haven't had one though. I get sciatica with my bulged disc & twisted pelvis, however my chiro keeps it in place, back to 3wkly visits now, was wkly or less just b4 birth.

Abs, sounds like u had a good time. As for the putting weight on bub's legs, I'm still not sure what to do with Holly, as one of the CHN said not to let her put her weight on her legs which she's been trying to do for wks, but to wait until she's pulling herself up. Well this to me sounds ridiculous, that usually happens around 9-11mths doesn't it. Hmmm, anyone else asked about this sort of stuff, what answers did u receive? I want a 2nd opinion on this. Also 1 of the mum's in our mum's group said she's a physio & she said to 1 of the other ladies in our mum's group who's been letting her bub put his full weight on his legs since a few wks old, that the hip joints are soft & the leg bone can push into the soft socket & make an indent in it as it's still soft. Man why is there always so many diff opinions/advice from professionals, makes it really hard for parents to know what info is correct & what isn't. :|
    Oh dear on parents sleeping thru crying, hehe. We keep ours & Holly's door open, our rooms share a common wall, always woke when she was up several times a night. Sometimes she'll stir a little but that's bout it.
    Hehe on filling HD, I've got a 120Gb & it's got 30Gb left, so I'm burning stuff to DVD/CD to clear some space so I can convert our VHS video's to DVD using the converter purchased from Aldi recently. Found I have 470pics of Holly already after deleting dodgy ones, but some I just can't decide on so keep several of the same thing.

Amanda, hehe, they seem to love the TV hey. Holly only just started rolling from tummy to back just recently, but has only ever once rolled from back to tum. How cute.

Welcome Jennifer & Sam.

Sush, my BB's were like that, I used to wake around 5:30/6am leaking, but now they don't leak usually until I'm actually getting Holly out of bed which was around 9am this morning, yikes.

15wks4d: 5.01kg, 59cm. Have to keep an eye on her weight as around 15%ile now. She's been bit fussy/upset last 2wks (bout every 2nd day) & not feeding as much as usual b4 bed, just crying, think it's wind but last night it was that she actually wanted to go to bed but she hadnt fed as much as usual. Late last wk, Holly has started to become quite the chatter box, mainly on her change table, it is sooooo cute, it makes me laugh & smile & nearly cry, hehe. Got it on dad's video camera to show rels & the rolling, I'll burn the footage onto DVD & give them 1 each.

Hi everyone,

Abs - -good to hear that the trip went well. I am sure you family loved seeing the little man!!

Theresa - Happy Birthday, sorry I wasnt online to wish it to you yesterday.

Sushee - I hope you had a nice week with your family!!

Well today is my first day back at work, I was so sad leaving my little man this morning, but I am easing myself into it and only working half a day today!!

On the sleeps Tyron sleeps from 8ish to 7:30, he then does what I call his hour and a half cycle, awake for an hour and a half and then sleep for 45 minutes!

Jacci - Tyron is doing the same thing as Charlie, cutting his feeds down, I was starting to worry that he was sick because he wasn't feeding as much but maybe it just happens around 4 months??

Hi to everyone else, well I better get back to work!!

good day all

Ryan is the same Abs from 4pm till 5 pm is nap time and if he doesn't get it watch out then he has his lavender bath at 5.30 - 6.30 , massage feed 7 pm- 7.30pm and bed my hubby laughes at me every night just about cause little man is wide eyed when i put him to bed but as soon as he goes in he knows it is sleep time i just tell him good night and it's mummy time now see you in the morning ( except his idea of morning is 3 am mine is 7 am lol) he will probably try and change this now that i have written it down funny little critters these bubs can be

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,
    sorry I've been MIA for a while, we all know how hard it is with a baby especially when your also working fulltime at night.

Jennifer,
    Welcome, my daughter and Olivia and your Ella share the same birthday, what time was she born?

Sam,
    Welcome to BB, I look forward to chatting to you

Jacci,
    How do I get into your site? I noticed the link is removed from the 1st page. Have a great trip to Darwin. We head to Brisbane in 3 weeks, it will be Olivia's 1st time on a plane which should be interesting.
    Olivia has also been very fussy with her feeds, one day she refused to have her bottle for 8 hours, she just didn't want it.

Abs,
    sounds like you had a great trip, it would have been nice to show Jordan off. BAd luck about the portacot. HAve you returned it?

Theresa,
    I hope you had a nice birthday, sounds like Georgie is doing well. Am so glad it's not as serious with Em as 1st thought, thinking of you as always.

Lisa,
    I feel for you, I know how hard it is to leave them and return to work, although I am working nights which makes it easier, atleast I get to spend the days with Olivia. Tyron sleeps very well. Olivia is still waking once a night sometimes twice but generally she wakes around 3am and then is up for good around 6am. I work until midnight so the tiredness is taking its toll on me.

someone's calling hello to everyone else, I promise to visit again soon.

Hi everyone,

Welcome Sam & Jennifer! look forward to getting to know you
    welcome back Abs! glad to hear you had a good holiday
    Happy belated bday Theresa!

we got back from the snow last night, went for 4 days. My parents flew from Syd and came with us which was great. Mum just loved looking after Nixon while i went out a bit. The snow (for anyone who goes) was the worst i have EVER seen it & Ive been going for 23yrs now.... it was atrocious, but whats more atrocious is that they can still charge full lift tix $88 for one day (yes thats right) and only have 5-6 of the 30+ lifts open. To get to a couple u had to catch a chair lift up but then come back down it when finished on one side because there was no snow to board back down over it....... Luckily cost wise its all a work expense as my hubby runs a snowboard/binding distribution company. It was a demo w/e down there so all legit. & we were given 2 free passes for sat/sun so we just shared them around the 8 of us. there was not enough snow to stay out for too long.
    Anyway Nixon had fun took some cool pics in a tabbogan (sp?) in the snow, will add them to my www shortly.
    Nixon isn't rolling or anything yet but i don't expect him to for a while, he goos and chats and giggles at anyone that pays him some attention though, he's gonna be a charmer i think!!
    hope everyone is well.

Pretty mumma Guest

Thank you everyone

I cant believe you guys are in the middle of winter when its soooo hot over here. Ally has been a good little boy and sleeping just fine even tho he wants to snuggle up to me to feed and we both end up boiling!!

Does anyone else have big cluster feeds in the evening? It seems like i am constantly bf'ing from about 6 til 9.
    He's great at night tho and sleeps through from 9.30 til 6. I know i'm a lucky girl

Also any suggestions for teething relief? His are just starting to show and i'd rather be prepared

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sam,

it's the same here, I feed almost constantly from 7.30am to about 9am, and only then is Charlie happy enough to lie in his cradle or under his play gym for a half hour or so. Then at 10.00am, it's nap time again.

Though after my last post yesterday, Mr Man woke up last night at 4.30am for a feed. Serves me right!

Also feeling a little sad that we're starting to look for a forward facing babyseat. I know Charlie has another 2-3 months in his Babylove capsule, but Karl wanted to be prepared, so we're shopping around at the moment. Also bought him a stroller yesterday, though I can't imagine I'd use it for a while.

And speaking of teething relief, Charlie has started gnawing at the nipple after his feeds. I'm trying to detach him before he gets a good chomp, but don't always manage to get him in time. Any one else having this problem?

I haven't read back through all the posts I missed yet, but gather it was Theresa's birthday recently? Happy Belated Theresa!

Well I am off to Darwin in the morning!! YEAH.
    I really wonder what charlie is going to be like on the plane - its not his first time on a plane coz he was flown to melbourne at a few hours old, but i wasn't with him so i don't know what he was like.
    Can't believe how much stuff i need to pack!!!! i have to take the pram and car seat!.

Charlie has a snotty little nose! it doesn't seem to effect him he's still laughing away. I fed him at 9.00pm last night and he didn't wake till 5am. it was great then i fed him put him back to bed and he didn't get out of bed till 10am.

Teeth - I need to have a look to see if any are coming up. I haven't looked yet. What age do they get them at approx???

KelliC - just click on my name at the top of my post and it wil say "Visit JacciPG Home page" Hope your not getting to tired - coz it could be quite dangerous driving to work - so be sure to look after yourself.

Hi chatterboxes lol

Welcome to Sam and Jennifer

Have fun in Darwin Jacci! I'm sure charlie will be fine on the plane..I have heard that it is good to give them a bottle on take off and landing it helps their ears. Teeth are meant to come in around 6 months i think but can start earlier.

Theresa... good luck with ems appointment. We will be thnking of you.

Sushee.. we have the babylove capsule too but have just bought the safe n sound royale. It was on sale at babies galore. Abbey has almost outgrown the capsule and doesn't like it anymore so we are going to put this one rear facing for a while and see how she goes. We got Abbey a stroller too but it can recline so she can go in it now..its so much lighter than our old pram.

Nickers..glad you had fun at the snow but bummer about it being so bad. We were planning on going but i don't think it is worth it this year...we went last year and it was so good.

Hi to everyone else hope you and your bubbas are doing very well..

Yep Sam me too, cluster feeding from around 5:30pm - 8:30, in bed around 9pm.

Sush, u mean ur nipple or a teat? Nope luckily Holly isn't doin that, she bit me enough for the first 7.5wks, LOL.

Have fun Jacci.

Speaking of buying stuff, I bought the half price high chair ($45) & a disney baby bath seat ($26) at Target last week.

abs Guest

Hi ladies

Teeth - babies can start teething about now, but as pointed out earlier, 6months is a basic average

Well a little celebration here today. It was precisely a year ago today Jordy was concieved (IVF) - so today last year my swimmers and a number of Jen's eggs were introduced to each other. 11 eggs fertilised, one wasn't viable, 9 were put into the freezer and one was transferred back into Jen (1yr on Thursday which is also our 3yr anniversary) - that transferred one became Jordy

I had a bit of a sniffle/cry (for want of a better word) the other day, thinking of the ones from our first cycle, and what will happen to these 9 in the freezer if we don't go again Jen isn't certain what to do, but I have certainly not told her of my feelings/thoughts last week

But our little Jordy Pordy is the cutest little thing around and we are sooo thrilled to have him

Oh, and has everyone else noticed a change in the strength of odour of their poo lately - my god !!!!!!!! :eek:

Pretty mumma Guest

YES!!! They are getting smellier!!! Why is that??? Its not like they've started eating curries!!!

Ally woke me at 4.15am for a feed last night. Dunno where that came from as he has been sleeping through for about a month now. Hope it doesnt happen again as i'm whacked!!

Hello everyone! And welcome to our new comers - you'll have a blast! It's so good to have all these people going through everything at around the same time, help/advice is always on hand!

Hope everyone's bub's are going well. It's just going so fast - too fast in fact!! So much so that I've decided I definatley want more. Lots more!! hehe.

Our Mother's Group has started a Netball Team and it's our first match tomorrow - I am so unfit so will be very interesting to see how it goes but I'm really looking forward to it - very scared of leaving Amber in the Creche but I am sure she'll be fine. I am probably more upset about it than she will be!!

Oh, my other bit of exciting news is...drumroll....my engagement ring is on order! So exctied - we'll finally all have the same surname on the Medicare card!! I get so sick of explaining that yes, I am Amber's mother. Yes, her father and I are very much together. Yes, we are planning on getting married. Grrr - some people are so nosey!!

Anyway, have a fantastic trip Jacci - so jealous!

Theresa - hope you had a wonderful birthday. Another year older another year wiser eh?!

Hello to everyone else!

Hi everyone - & welcome to the newbies!

I've been very slack in posting lately, have been trying to keep up with everyones posts, but just haven't had a chance to post myself. Everything is going well here, Josiah is growing like mad, although haven't had him weighed and measured since his last needles. He's had a snuffly nose for a while, but nothing too bad, and nothing that we can do anything about - just got to wait for it to go away apparently.

Jacci - Have a fantastic time away (although you probably won't read this until you're back), I'm so jealous of you going up to the more tropical weather right now. I'm sure Charlie will be great on the plane. Just give him his dummy or bottle on take off & landing and he should be fine.

Theresa - good luck with Em's tests, I hope everything comes back normal (at least not scary) for you.

Sooz - Congrats on ordering your engagement ring! Were you already engaged or is this the official announcement?? Very happy for you either way!

abs - Happy anniversary I was thinking about that today too - not that Josiah is IVF, but it's about this time last year that he was conceived - I can't believe how fast a year has gone!

Feeding & sleeping- Josiah is feeding every 3-4 hours, normally cluster feeding between 5.30 - 8.30, and sleeps from 9pm til between 6.30-7.30am. Up from then until about 9am, then he's out for about 45 mins. I have noticed that when I give him a bottle (expressed) he's drinking about 180mls and that keeps him satisfied for at least 4hours, sometimes stretching to 5.

Car seats - we've had Josiah in a rear facing seat from the beginning & did with Janae too (same seat) He loves the car, so had no problems with it - he's just growing so fast that I had to move the straps to the higher position when he was about 8 weeks old. I think he's got quite a long body, so the straps came down behind his shoulders, which isn't a good thing.

My bit of excitement for the week - We had some friends come from the UK and surprise me on the weekend (Mark knew they were coming but didn't tell me) so I've been frantically trying to re-arrange my schedule to spend more time with them. It's so great to see them. Haven't seen them for 5 years, its a bit different now we've got 2 kids, coz we can't just drop everything and go out, but still fantastic. They're here for a few weeks, so don't have to cram everything in which is good.

Well, best be off, things to do before I crash into bed.
    Hugs to you all

Bel

abs Guest

Congrats on the ring Sooz

We too have the 3 of us on the same card but with Jen still with her surname... I think I've mentioned before about doing something when Jordy is old enough to help with the proceedings. Though my sister was chewing Jen's ear out whilst we were in Melbourne saying something along the lines of a) having a "naming day" and that b) we should also make it a surprise wedding - I can handle the Naming Day thing, but neither of us are too fussed on the 2nd part

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast