Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #5

Hey Everybody,

Well, I've got a spare half hour so thought I would drop in and see how everyone's doing.

Firstly, update from here: we havent sold our house yet and the Real Estate Agents are really doing our heads in - so fingers crossed we'll have an offer after this weekend's home open. My ring will be finished on Wednesday so that's very exciting - I have a feeling Tim will make me wait forever though, so trying to contain excitement! Amber's going great, she's such a little chatter box and keeps me amused constantly!

Nickers - Nixon just looks so cute in your ticker - I only just noticed it. Pete Murray woulda been unreal!

Melbo - I hope your Mother is recovering well. How did Willmartin handle the trip? Hope it didnt throw his routine out too much - when we travel Amber always seems to throw her's out the window!

So, my nezt question to everyone - who's going back for another bubba and when are you going to start trying? Tim and I definatley want more, but going to wait til after the wedding, so at least another three years.

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well.

abs Guest

that's a very good question Sooz - going for another

We have another 9 embies in the freezer, but we're still uncertain. Both of us are feeling the aches and pains of being in our early forties

Very cute Nickers.

Sooz, hope it sells this wkend. TTC#2 around Dec for us, hoping 4 a pidgeon pair, otherwise may consider 3rd.

we definatley want more kids.
    DH wants 2 i'd like 3.
    i think i would like the next one reasonably close to Nixon. like 18m-2yr gap.
    def gotta be back to my pre pg weight b4 though otherwise would just put on more on top of that. funny i had a dream last night i was pg & half way through the pg i found out i was having twins! half of my work collegues were @ the dr's with me! and one baby was feet down like standing the
    other was head down like upside down straight! (lol how that would ever fit i don't
    know!)

sooz- oh hope Tim doesn't make u wait too long! but i am sure he will be drumming up a special time to give it to you!

abs Guest

funnily enough Jen spoke about #2 today... she had spoken to the Ob's secretary (Ob was off delivering other peoples babies at the time, how rude) - apparently from how Iris (the Ob) was with Jen, she reckons she shouldn't, and that she might not even take her on if she went again But will get Iris to call Jen when available

Hi everyone.

I am definitely having number 2, probably start trying when Tyron is a year old, that way I have had my kids by the time I am 35!!!

I am organising a Naming Ceremony for Tyron and just ordered him a tuxedo from a shop online, it is SO cute, I can't wait for it to arrive.

Sooz, I hope your house sells soon, it should do in Kalgoorlie, Mum said they can't get houses quick enough up there!!

No other news for me, my little man is so good now, sleeps 12 hours at night and has just started increasing his days sleeps to around 1.5 hours at a go, so I have nothing but good news from my end!!

went and had Nixon weighed again today and boy has he put his foot down on growing!
    weight: 4860g up 610g in 2 weeks
    length: 59cm up 2.5cm in 2 weeks
    head: 38.5cm up 1cm in 2 weeks

we have now finished all newborn nappies and into infant and over the last few days wearing the last of his 0000 stuff. offically today i have put away all 0000 (besides one jumpsuit thats longer) and he's a 000 boy now! hehehe seems like such a milestone to me!
    He is going to be tall i think his length keeps going higher and higher on the graph, his arms i think are long too the smaller outfits with sleeves always look like 3/4 length.

Abs why would your ob not want to take Jen for No:2 baby?
    lisa- great to hear all going well. where did u find a little tuxido! sounds so cute!
    Nixon sleeps between 7-10hrs overnight and sometime going 5hrs between feeds

abs Guest

Nickers, ahh you wouldn't have read the various things going on since you were a June Belly Buddy

She had carpal tunnel problems for the last 4 months, gestational diabetes, and a few other things. Jen's also a larger girl. Then there was the problem after birth, but that really shouldn't factor into the equation I reckon, as it was an infection, but Iris was initially happy with the way the Caesar went (she was not looking forward to doing it)

Hmm, we might have to pick up are pace a little - both the May and June mums are onto the same thread # (5) as us !!!

Hi everyone!

Abs...we must be slack considering how fast we went through threads for 'due in april' lol

ttc #2... i have been thinking about it and we will probably start in a year or so..i want them to be close in age but not too close IYKWIM. Abs..hope jen's ob agrees if you do decide too. Wow shell.. thats not far away!

nickers..wtg on nixons weight gain,..thats excellent. haven't had abbey weighed for a while but probably should! she's in 00's now (they grow up so fast lol) and lol about the dream.. mum went to a psychic the other day and told her that one of her daughters was going to have twins! :eek:

lisa...the tux sounds so cute! and wtg on the sleeping, abbey is pretty similar to that..

hi to everyone else!!

abbey is doing really well...although she is such a drool machine lol.. going through several bibs a day (or clothes if i forget the bibs ). she has everyone wrapped around her little finger too.
    Last edited by amanda_81; July 31st, 2006 at 08:37 PM.

Abs- sounds like Jen didn't have an easy pregnancy, but i don't think an ob should turn someone away as if to say "to hard basket" Everything went well in the end and look at Jordy now!
    It will be interesting to see who in here announces they are pregnant again seeings most seem to want to TTC#2

I also keep up in June baby buddies and they are only one thread behind us! so we better get chatting! LOL

ok so it seems Nixon now does a poo every 3 days. after i fed him this arvo there were all these weird noises going on, then the smell came!! I was saying man how many farts do u want to do (cause they have been stinking!) and low and behold big big pooey bum... Typical 2 mins after i cleaned him up DH came home (he hasnt had the pleasure in changing one of these so far) it was all up his back on his clothes oh yukky!
    we wont be going back to MCHC for weigh etc for another 6 weeks now because he seems to be going really well in his growth.

Nickers - wow, poo every three days! Amber does at least two a day! Someone told me that was a symptom of teething but I am going to be asking about it at her Check up/immunisation this week.

Abs - Hope it all works out ok for yourself and Jen if you do want to go back for number 2, who's to say the next pregnancy wont be an absolute smooth sailing journey. SOmetimes I think Obs are a bit too judgemental for their own good!!

Shell - I am with you. I will have one more, if it's a boy that will be it for me. If it's a girl, I'll attempt one more. But three will definatley be the limit.

abs Guest

ahhhh, good morning ladies

oh my god... jordy slept from 6.30pm til 5.30am - think me getting up in a hurry to put the rubbish bins out as the truck went up the other side of the street (where it does a Uee at the end to come back past us) might have woken him

was up for about an hour, bit of a feed and play...is passed out on the floor now, on a foam thingy he lies on with a little rug over him, god bless his little cotton socks

that's the biggest sleep he's ever had. Jen was saying she kept waking wondering if he was okay - could see him in a mirror, but did get up several times to see if was actually asleep or just lying there with his eyes closed

Note: It wasn't the Ob saying that. it was her secretary, who probably shouldn't have said that anyway, but she is a very nice lady and quite chatty

re Poos, we get em every 2 or 3 days - we know whats coming once the grunts start. Including organising the window open and air freshener these days - phewie !

Hi Everyone,

Sooz, WM's routine is still out due to illness and travel so I know what you mean. Dang shame! And Mum is recovering well thanks for asking. I hope you sell your place soon.

ABS - wow, we have the same number of embryos in the freezer. I was calling myself Ethel Kennedy after the OPU. I'm thinking about going back to the lovely Dr Hale in February next year to see if I can get a sibling for WM with a FET. I know what you mean about the age thing though ... I'm wondering if my luck would hold with a second pregnancy, considering I will then be 39 going on 40 when the baby is born. I think I must just have been very lucky the first time round. I hope that you get another chance for a bite at that particular pie if you so choose.

Nickers - I hear you on the smelly poos. WM (aka Noddy) also farts like a trooper and can clear a room when it comes time to do a nappy change. Even my Dad was astounded at the volume of stench from such a small person.

I'm glad this poo topic came up actually. Here was I thinking my son must have abnormal bowels!

He seems to be settling down now after the virus although I spent an anxious night last night, on the phone to the MCHN Helpline here in Victoria, getting reassurance. He only vomited once yesterday but has otherwise kept feeds down and seems to be sleeping a bit better.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Edited to add: ABS, that was a legendary sleep Jordy has just had. I'm gobsmacked and envious at the same time! A friend of my mother's told me that the first night her son slept through, she and her husband both leapt out of bed in terror and rushed over to the cot, only to find him slumbering peacefully! Panic stations all round.

abs Guest

Melbo, Jen & I are still amazed at it... let's just hope it continues. His routine has been changing bit by bit lately... some of the others here have had all night sleeps for a while now

Well, there's another $250 down the loo - hehe, just spent that on nappies, formula, baby wipes etc. Stocked up on things so should keep us happy for a little while

Nickers, I 2nd that on the weight issue, hehe. I've finally managed to loose another 2kg, but now fear I may put it back on after eating mum's group nibblies. We're gonna meet up fortnightly now. OMG that's a great weight gain for lil Nixon, he's catchin up to miss Holly now, hehe. 5kg 59cm at 15w4d. To have her weighed again this wk then next wk. Holly's in 000 but some are too small & they're supposed to be for 62cm, go figure. Also have had her in two 00 outfits which aren't that big on her, supposed to be for 69cm. Stupid sizings.

Lisa, that is a fantastic turn around for lil Tyron. Cool, I'd say u'll be takin pics galore of that tux.

Abs, WTG on the sleep front. Seems strange that Ob clinic would consider refusing Jen just coz of Carpal Tunnel & GD which is pretty common in pregnancies anyhow. Maybe if the actual Ob says that shld get a 2nd opinion. With carpal tunnel, can't really be helped esp if existed prior to pregnancy (from memory). Surely they'd just give more care if anything.

Melbo, u too, cool, Sush was talkin bout that too. DH's mum had DH at 42yo, was told it was highly unlikely she'd ever fall preg (but she's 75 now so alots happened since then), so adopted then fell preggas (11yr of trying), then 11yrs later again thought she had a virus, nope, it was my DH inside, hehe. The only thing she regrets is that there was such a huge age diff in siblings.

Yep, have to agree bout the farts & poos really stinkin now regardless of BF, PMSL.

Speaking of nappies & wipes, got 96pk (5-11kg) Baby Solution brand nappies at Kmart for 19.5c/nappy (down from 23c/nappy) & 3pk Target wipes for $9, bargains.

abs Guest

Shell, we've tried some of the cheaper nappies... was easier to go get the packs of 90 6-11kg huggies, no idea on price and can't find the receipt... might still be in my jeans which are upstairs. Huggies wipes were $12? for 240

we spoke to Ob tonight... she wants Jen to lose about 20kgs (I now know what her weight is, about 12more than me) before trying again. If she fell pg naturally, they'd just deal with it, but since we'd probably go IVF for more, then the timing "can be controlled". Just concerned about various side effects and problems that are inherent for the larger girls... thinking more for Jen's sake than anything else. Far more happened than we were told problem wise after the birth, and to some extent before too

anyways, time to go get horizontal - here's for another full nights sleep

abs Guest

ah well, the full night sleep on Monday night was nice... last night had a 2.30am feed, then up again since 6am

Hi there ABS - yep my eyelids are pretty heavy this morning too. No end to the vomiting in this house unfortunately so it is back to the doctor for us.

I hope Jen goes okay with the weight loss. Does she have a favourite form of exercise that might help? I know 20 kig is a lot to be told to lose but I think even a 5 kg loss makes a big difference.

Shell - that's an amazing story with your DH! Apparently it happens sometimes with older ladies ... the ovaries decide to go in for one last fling and hey presto, a surprise baby =)

Oh and about the nappies ... I haven't even tried some of the cheaper brands. I'm almost not game to. I stick to Huggies or Babylove as those seem to work well for us. I found a discount nappy outlet here in Melbourne that gives you a box of 104 Babylove nappies at a significant saving. They also home deliver so I get those when I can. Also I've noticed that Babylove seem to get a big discounting at the supermarket every other week. DH got me some on Saturday ... 88 for $16.00 or something like that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast