Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #6

Well i was just thinking i havent had an email from BB April for a while and well it was cause i new thread had started i didnt know about!
    Sooz- do u think u will start another mothers group in Perth? I speak to a few Perthies in June group they are really great.
    Abs- How is Jordy going now? My neice had croup recently and until then i had never even heard of it.
    Joy- Regarding sleeping, Nixon has done the same thing. He was sleeping from 11pm-6-7am and the last week and a half he has been waking 4.30-5.30am.
    so last night i put him to bed just after 9pm and he woke at 5.15am. so still woke at the same time but went to bed earlier. I have no idea why he suddenly wants to wake up earlier then he used to! BTW i love the name Caden, I think the name means "little warrior" if i remember correctly? we both liked the name Caden and i remember looking it up!
    Nixon & Me- well i came down with a bug of some sort last week. spent Thursday curled up in bed thankfully Nixon was a good boy for me, i slept most of the day. Friday i felt ok but then saturday got gastro until sunday afternoon. I was quiet peeved because i was going to the bb dinner on sat night and had to pull out last min. i feel better now and tonight we are going to an evening mothers group witht he dads!! should be good, we are doing baby massage.
    I take Nixon to the paed for a check up tomorrow, we didnt end up taking Nixon for his needles on the w/e but wasnt too concerned because corrected he is only 2 1/2 months. so we are taking him to the next one which is in about 3 weeks time.

abs Guest

He's doing a little better, ta Nickers. Though Jen is holding off on the drugs to see if it gets better on its own, which it should... but will see

We had some tummy time earlier today, seems that a change of what we had him on earlier to what we had him on today has made a world of difference. Was on a basically dogmat (but never used as such) on top of the coffee table. Which meant Jen could get down eye level with him much better than if on the floor/cushion on floor... he seemed much happier and looking to start pushing up like one of the other bubs whose pic is on the ticker !

Sleepwise, all going pretty good here... still the same old 5-6pm pass out, though he was cracking it big time around 5pm trying to feed him, so I stopped, went into our bedroom, sat on an office chair (ie you can twirl around) that lives at the end of our bed. Makes it easy to sit and watch him sleeping if need be... so sat on that with him in my arms and sitting on my leg, just being calm and looking around etc. 20mins later, put him into the cot and wham... he was out like a light

His pattern nowadays is about 2-3.30ish up for a feed and back down til 6 or even 6.30 this morning - YAY!! I get him up then, change, feed, play til Jen gets up, and he'll be back in bed around 8-8.30 for another 40min nap

In other news, Jen is applying for the best ebusiness award. She has a marketing friend doing the writeup - saw the first draft earlier today, damn it's good !!!

Mothers group,(or should i say parents group) was good tonight. was good to meet all the husbands! Nixon loved his massage, except when we put him on his tummy to do his back/bottom he did 4-5 big spews so we stopped that.
    MW weighed him for us and to our surprise he was 5.3kg!! he put on 440g in 2 weeks. DH kept saying how much heavier he feels to hold. He must be finally starting to fill his skinny body out because he didnt really grow in length and only 0.3cm in the head.
    Isn't it funny he still sounds so small to compared to say Jordy 2kg heavier! But to me he is getting so big now i was used to this little bub for so long and now he is growing before my eyes!

abs Guest

thats awesome news Nickers. Though some of the others, eg Jacci's Charlie is heavier than Jordy - already over the 8kg mark (well he was 7.9 a little while ago)

It really is amazing watching these little people grow sooo quickly, as you say, before our eyes. And as Sooz said the other day, it's hard packing away all these nice little clothes that no longer fit, that not long ago were oh so too big for em :shock:

Jordy's cough has all but disappeared now. We have an appt at the early childhood clinic tomorrow, can't wait for more stats And he seems to have gone off BFing... hasn't used the right one in ages, and pulls his head back now on the left, but will then immediately take the bottle

OMG Bel, that's xlnt, wow.

Wow Amanda, I've tried tickling Holly everywhere & she just doesn't seem ticklish, doh. Hehe, how cute, a lil pink fairy called Abbey.

Anna, wow on the chiro, thats great. Yikes on the long trip with 2 kids, hehe, something we'll have to look forward to. Holly won't take a dummy either, only way is if we're out & she's tired, I put it in her mouth & hold it against me so she cant spit it out just til she finally gets to sleep.

Hehe Theresa, poor lil chooky. Holly cried after getting scared hearing the GP tear the packaging off the needle & she commented oh dear if she cries at that then lookout when the needle comes. But she wasn't too bad, sure she cried but then just fed her straight away & quickly forgot, funny how they seem to forget.

Wow Sooz, no cries, that's great. Congrats on the sale.

All these sick bubba's, hope they get better soon, Abs, Lisa, ...

Wow Nickers, he's really caught up with Holly, she was 5.25kg at 18w4d (10Aug), that's awesome.

Giggles: Only 5 small short giggles from Holly so far, but she's coming along. Just can't wait for those belly laughs.

Waking: Yeah Holly has been waking just prior to 7am instead of 8/8:30am, think DH is accidentally waking her when he's getting ready for work.

Food: Holly is eyeing off food too, however not gonna put her on solids until the recommended 6mths.

Supply: Yeah, I'm just getting over being sick, GP told me to keep my fluids up to keep my milk in even though I couldn't eat, as I had a fever, supply seemed ok.

Sick/Vacc: I'm just getting over either 1) salmonella poisoning (raw egg in biscuit mix) 2) rotavirus/gastro 3) pancreatitus, still feel bit off today (head & sickish feelin). Had really bad stomach cramps like i was in labour again, (bowel gp said), headaches, fever, sick for 48hrs but wasnt too bad 1st day so didnt think much of it, but from about 10pm Tue to 3pm Wed were constant until cramps subsided & was knocked out enuf to sleep by 3 panadeine forte & 2 buscopan thnx to gp (all safe to holly). No vomiting or gastro though, strange huh, oh well. Bloods taken, DH stayed home. She said if it was rotavirus, that Holly would be immune enough from her first rotavirus vaccine, she had her 2nd dose yesterday & now is up for a 3rd dose no thanks to Chemist Works, my GP was disguisted how they totally stuffed up & nearly caused Holly to not be immune. For the first dose at 2mths, instead of giving Rotarix (2ml) as prescribed, they illegally gave a substitution of Rotatek (1ml) but failed to notice that they were different & that the one they gave requires 3 doses. When I went for the repeat script, it took them 1wk to order it in & 2 chase up calls & then tried to charge $62 more then they realised they'd given 2 diff brands, the correct one this time & wrong one last time, however they CANT be mixed. They didnt even bother to look up the info & say oh hang on we shldnt give u this it may be diff, they still tried to sell it to me. Another chemist not too far away charges $110 not $162, so they are just rip offs. I'm so angry & disguisted.

Weaning: Oh & DH tried to give Holly a bottle of formula & she just wouldn't suck, just kept choking when he put it in her mouth. I thought it would be as easy as it was when she was a few wks old, but GP said they forget how to suck on a bottle if u dont give them one every now & then. Great, gonna have to get her used to it by Oct when I go back to work. Fun fun fun.

abs Guest

hmm, very quiet in here again - hope you're feeling better Shell

Jordy details from the appt this morning...

7.65kg dressed, 7.45 undressed (we wanted to make sure and the nurse was undressing him anyway)
    63cm long
    and 43.5cm around his noggin

Pulse all good, neck muscles strong, tending to favour his back muscles over his tummy muscles, so we gotta keep an eye on that - definitely teething not too far out - those little things are certainly clamping down on Jen, and he's trying to gnaw at anything coming anywhere near his mouth. Nurse said there's still some time before they should come through, but she could certainly feel em just under the skin - we already have the Bonjella (sp?). Oh and the nurse said (as per everyone else) how much of a mini-me Jordy is

Jen's still out with FINALLY getting her hair cut and coloured after all these months (basically over 12 for the colouring) - maybe I wont recognise her when she gets home. Jordy thankfully has slept as per normal - passed out in my arms around 5pm. Hang on, it was Jen's arms - oops, she was reading to him and he went ni-nies

Hope everyone is well and bubs is keeping you all on your toes

Hi there Everyone - sorry i have been missing in action!!!
    Have gone back to work 2 days a week - charlie comes with me so its great - or my mum has him on her days off.

I think i may have the fattest baby in the world!!!!!
    He got his 4 month weigh in ( like on Biggest Loser!!!) he is 8.3kilos!!!!!! but in his defence he is 68cm long

Anyway i am off to read everything now

Jacci

A quick hi to all,

Jacci those stats are great, Caden was 64cm at 3 months so we are looking forward to seeing what he is in a couple of weeks. His weight was 6.6kg at 3 months so I don't think he'll rival Charlie with the weight and length but its nice to know that your child is so healthy isn't it! We worked out that Caden had grown over 12 centimetres in 3 months, thank goodness they slow down eventually.
    Caden is sitting on my knee hiccupping. It is so cute!
    I may have a solution for the lseeping thing, last night I gave his a bottle of expressed milk at 10pm then fed him of breast and put him to bed. He slept to 4:30am and then happily went straight back to sleep with the dummy. I'm going to try it again tonight and see how he goes. I always have heaps in the morning and it seems to dwindle to very little at night so I have been expressing the excess and will use it tonight to see if we get a longer sleep again. If yes then I think I may have hit upon the reason for his lack of sleep, hunger!
    I've booked Caden in at the kinesiologist for Monday. He sometimes cries and wriggles heaps when I hold him a certain way to feed and I wonder if it is his back so have made and appointment to find out.
    Well Dh is due home shortly after being away since last Saturday so I'm off to do one last tidy up and check that things are nice for him when he gets here.... Can;t wait to see him, a week is too long when you have children!

abs Guest

Hi Joy
    as you probably know, we do a mix of bf & the bottle. He gets 5 feeds a day - four during the day and one overnight (the ECHNurse said 5 during day, but was happy with our 4 in the day and one overnight)

We've sussed out that even though he doesn't really look sleepy, that by putting back to bed 1:45 after getting him up, he will go to sleep - for at least 40mins

For instance today, got him up at just before 6am - he was chatting to himself... up, bit of a play, good portion of a bottle at 7.15 - I wanted to watch the Adrian Cronauer interview on Sunrise after the 7.30 news. He was asleep in my arms by the time the interview finished - he was in my arms and I was standing up rocking from side to side whilst it was on. He slept til 8.20-8.30, and the process continued... he did have a sleep for nearly 1.5hrs during early arvo, and back to bed about 30 mins ago

He'll sleep solid now til 2 or 3am at least

Thnx Abs, feelin heaps better today. I very rarely get sick but when I do it seems to hit hard, hehe. BT's came back fine except iron deficient which I already assumed.

Jacci, hope ur enjoyin work, especially with Charlie there.

Joy, yeah I'd be thinkin the same, a wk is too long. Hope Caden's back is ok. Good news on the sleep.

Mrs.M Guest

HELLO HELLO!
    Im a newbie!

abs Guest

Hi Mrs.M

WELCOME !!! Do tell us about your little Ellie Rose - lovely name

Hi to everyone else... well we had a strange night. Jordy was passing out on Jen's shoulder late yesterday arvo, but we really wanted to bath him (it was in the normal time range for him to go to bed). He woke up big time as we put him in the water. He loves it

Took a little while to get him to sleep after that, but then he didn't wake til 5.30 I thought Jen was getting up for a 2nd feed - 5.30-6am is when I normally get up, so questioned what she was doing ?? Told me to go back to bed as it was feed #1 - yippee Back to bed at around 6.15 and he got up again at 8.30am - wow what a sleeper this boy of ours is

Mrs.M Guest

Thank You Abs!
    Ellie-Rose is 4months, around 7kgs and still breastfed.
    Born 22 April @ 4:02pm, 5days over due, after a 2 and a half hour natural labour she joined our family.
    Weighing in at 3680grams (just over 8pounds) and 52cm long. Although it was a backache labour, which I think was a little strange as i didn't actually know what was going on (i can't feel any contractions, i kept saying, but my back is killing me!) and didn't believe i was actually 'in labour'.
    No pain relief required - -there was actually no time as we just made it to hospital. Ellie-Rose has a big sister, Hayley, who is 6yrs old. She is in year 1 at school. And she loves her little sister. Unfortunatly they are only half sister's but we treat them both the same and we have never made it an issue.
    Ellie-Rose is sleeping through from 9:30pm till about 5am each day, give or take. And last week we moved her crib into her own room (oh my god) and so far so good!

Welcome Mrs M, oh I hope I get alabour like that for #2.

Well I am back at work today and i have had no sleep for 2 nights!!! Charlie is teething and it is taking me over 1 hour to get him to sleep - i have to rock him to sleep - which is not like him at all!! he is grumpy and is hardly eating he has cut out a whole morning bottle so he is only having 4 bottles a day and he won't eat anymore than 180mls - i have asked the MCHN and she said that is his way of coping with teething. he is sucking on everything and drooling everywere!!

Edited: - luckily he has so much fat supplies!!!! hehehehe

Welcome Mrs M. Your labour sounds to good, i could only wish that my next one is like that!

Gees its quite in here i haven't written in here for a week and we are still on the same page!!!

Hi everyone,

It has been very quiet in here...i came in to check up on the news, but there is none lol

jacci...poor charlie teething, i hope he feels better soon, and that you get some sleep. hope that work is going ok...

abs... yeah on jordys big sleep...hope he keeps it upfor u.

mrs m... welcome...ellie rose is a beautifulname. always good to have other people to talk to.. your labour sounds like it was great too.

Well... abbey had her 4 month needles on tuesday but she was very good, and although she has been a little grumpy, she is doing well. we have her chn appt next tuesday so will get her weighed then.
    her latest trick is being able to take her dummy out and then put it back in. the funny part is she aims with her arm stretched right out, and sometimes misses and hits her nose.. but it is so cute. when she does miss, instead of just moving it down to her mouth, she stretches out her arm again to aim.. so funny to watch.

Oh dear Jacci, hope ur lil man is feelin better soon & let uget some sleep.

Hehe Amanda & Theresa, that's cute.

Holly had her first full on long giggle, lasted about 10mins i think. Every time Barney opened his mouth (see teeth & toungue) she just cracked up, it was well worth the wait & better still was that DH was with us so he saw too.

abs Guest

Jacci, Jordy has been dribbling everywhere for a while... can't remember if I mentiond it he is doing "situps"... my thumbs are in his hands with my hands around his wrists... I go "one" "two" "three" (each dropping raising his hands a bit higher) and sit him up. Instantly he tries to put my left index finger into his mouth and chew on it. Sometimes he chomps right down... I can see why Jen squeals sometimes when BFing But he is still sleeping quite happily. All about timing it. the first sign of being remotely tired, we put him down and he is lights out in a couple of minutes for a solid 40 mins (or multiples of 40 - usually just the one though)

Theresa we were told not to put em in the freezer... just in the fridge is enough, but maybe you coz are in a warmer climate than we are (especially more so than Jac). Hope its some good news re Em, poor little thing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast