Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #6

Hi everyone,

Yes it is a bit on the windy side here, we really need the rain though!!

Well I am at work today, it seems strange being able to do what you want without someone little hanging off oyu!!

Bel - sorry to hear that Janae isn't well, there is sickness everywhere, touch wood we haven't got anything yet!!!

Tyron wont use a dummy now, he is much happier sucking on his fingers!!

No silds here yet, I am trying to hang out adn as he is sleeping 12 hours at night still I will leave him well enough alone!!

Nothing much else to report.

I hope you are all going well! I can't believe the bubs are now 5 months old!!!

abs Guest

hi girls (thanks for the couple of inclusions there )

Sorry been offline last couple of days - my new harddrive from end of July decided to pack it in on Wed/Thu ?? No possible recovery - reformatted it, and finished reinstalling everything yesterday, so am back online today. New harddrive in July meant thats when I had most things backed up - a few things lost, including last piccies taken but not yetloaded to Jordy's website - grrrr

No dummy used or rolling happening here, and no solids yet. Jen seems pretty good about the not feeding anymore, though she is still expressing a little bit - ta for the words of comfort, I will pass em on. We've tried to make Jordy roll, but will barely have a bar of it

Oh another milestone yesterday - he reached out for Jen when she was approaching him to pick him up it was soooooo cute... these 2 little arms out wide but forward. He is such a little champion - and I am soo lucky being able to work from home to see all these amazing things happen

Some great stats there Nickers - your little boy is coming really well

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all well

Bel.. Good to hear that solids are going well, we aren't starting yet but Abbey isn't ready. I'm not looking forward to solids poo either lol hope that janae is feeling better soon. :eek: on the tooth, how did he go with it? are you still bf? and if so does it hurt?

nickers.. congrats on the anniversary, but bummer on af returning. i still haven't got mine yet but certaintly don't mind in the slightest. Abbey is a sucky baby and went through that phase too, but soon learnt that her fingers were good for that, she has grown out of it a bit

Shell.. it must've been something in the air that day cause abbey finally worked out her rolling tecnique too.. she does it all the time now and so easily. it used to be that tummy time she was never on her tummy from rolling now she always is from rolling the other way. but it seems she has forgotten how to go back to her back lol

jacci.. hows charlie going on solids? are you just giving him farex or other stuff too?

Well Abbey is doing well, but taking her to the doctors tomorrow cause sge has excema on her face that just won't budge. Othrewise she is good and so cute, her newest trick is blowing raspberries, she does it all day lol

to everyone else

Thnx Sush. I'll hunt around for a program.

Xclnt Nickers, he's doin really well. Hmm, my cycle returned at 4mths (5Aug), still waiting for 2nd one, its day 37 so quite late but -HPT, was 23-30days b4 endo removed but usually 27days, so dont know what it's gonna do now, hehe. Oh & finally had my smear the other day & it didn't hurt at all, 1st time since yearly in 96, now I only have to go every 2yrs, yay.

Yikes Amy, that's a scary thought, however Holly won't take a dummy, but I do have a Nuk & a Happy Baby one.

Bel, Hmmm, the last 3 out of 4 nights, Holly has woken up at 2:15, 2:30 or 4:15am, wondering if I should start her on solids (3wks early), she is feeding more frequently too. I bought some rice cereal & oat cereal on sale, suitable from 6mths, but I haven't read up on solids yet so bit unsure.
    Oh dear, hope both are feeling better asap, so u can too.

Oh how cute Abs.

Hope work is going ok Lisa. I go back in 3wks.

Hahaha, must be Amanda, congrats. Isn't it just so amazing when they do something new, just melts ur heart. Yeah Holly forgot how to roll from front to back but just did it once last night, for grandma which was lovely.

I'm not sure what to do with wrapping Holly now, as for the last fortnight, she has been wriggling/rotating her way around the cot b4 I hear her up. This morning when I put her down for her morning nap, she was crying which she does sometimes but then didn't seem to be letting up so went & checked on her & found her against the other end of her cot on her belly facing away from the bars, with her left arm stuck out the end & her other arm almost stuck out the side. Poor lil darlin, she cried for longer after picking her up but settled down, fed again then slept. But if I don't wrap her she's worse & doesn't sleep. Also, last night for grandma (gave her a b'day dinner here), Holly showed her how she's pullin her knees under her when on belly, in preparation for crawling, very early days though, she got up higher than she ever has, she's only started doing this just a few days ago. I'm sure I'll know it when she can crawl, then I'll get plenty of exercise, hehe. She already gets far enough with trying to roll/twist/turn.

Shell, Josiah was also showing an incredible interest in everyone's food, and getting quite grumpy when everyone was eating and he wasn't! If I could have held out the 6 weeks I definitely would have. I figured Farex is very bland so wouldn't upset his little tummy if it was a little early to be giving him solids.

Also, have you tried a sleeping bag for Holly? They're not as tight as a wrap, but will restrict her movements a bit, so that security is still there. Maybe start wrapping her a little more loosely, heading towards not having to wrap her. I know Josiah sleeps SO much better when he's wrapped. Great news on the crawling signs too.

Oops, I was going to do more personals, but i have a sick little munchkin calling for me - be back later.

Bel

abs Guest

Shell, Jordy can certainly wriggle too

We've had him in those grobag things (cheaper version are available about the place)... tis like a sleeping back with holes for arms to come out the sides and it goes over their shoulders. Means they can't get a great deal of traction under their feet when wriggling/squirming

Jen's 1st AF came back a few weeks ago - I do remember it being a while back for some of the others too

And my boy is funny. I was looking after him earlier - as you know (coz I've stated it a billion times ) he crashes out usually between 5-6pm. It was maybe 5.15, he was wide awake... I had to pick up a couple of thing off the floor in the bedroom, so popped him in his cot for a few moments while I took care of the things. Turned back around and he was sound asleep. Tucked him in and that was that

Oh, and I might update the piccie in the ticker

abs Guest

oh, I knew there was something I wanted to add earlier...

anyone going to bottles with handles ?? Jen got some avent bottle handles today !

Jordy has been putting his hands to "help hold" the bottle for a while.

Also got some cups with dual handles and a couple of other things... she is sooo sad, her little baby is becoming a little boy

I can't remember all the reasons (asthma, intollerances, etc) that I was told to hold off on solids Theresa, but that's why I've been trying to stick it out. However wondering if because she's not going 10-12hrs now starting to wonder if it's a sign she needs it? I have no idea.
    Hope they can get some answers for lil Em, gees it's been dragging on for a while now hasn't it.

Hmm, I've only got 1 sleeping bag but its a fleece one, so might get bit hot in it. Could try that tomorrow though. Doesn't seem to matter if she's loose or not, still gets her way up the cot, sometimes she exposes an arm or both, other times she's still completely wrapped (just wrap bunched up at her knees). Oh & when i say holly's tryin to pull her knees under, she's only really getting about an inch or two off the floor, but it's just so sad/happy watchin our bundles grow up so quick, however I'm really enjoying Holly more now that she's able to take everything in more & interact. She may take after her dad & his sis & not walk until 14mths, or take after my bro & nephew whom were walking between 8-9mths, but who cares, so long as she's healthy, they all do things in their own time right, hehe.

Theresa.. that is definately the reason why I am holding off the solids till at least 6 months, the CHN said that it would probably cause her excema to flare up too. I am still bf but i don't eat a lot of dairy, but did wonder if it could be food related. I am trying to cut out caffiene at the moment, but i don't know what else may cause it. Will chat with the doctor tomorrow, but thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear that em is still not doing well and hoping that the feeding tube works. Great to hear that georgie is doing so well, and how clever of her to roll.

Shell... even if holly isn't sleeping as long, if bf her settles her i wouldn't worry about starting solids yet, she could just be going through a growth spurt. With the sleeping bags, snugtime do really good ones, fleecy enough to keep her warm but are cotton lined so don't make them sweat. Just have a look at their website. The sleeping bag definately stops abbey moving around so much, and you don't have to worry about them kicking off blankets. BTW your ticker of holly is so cute. and your right they are so much fun when they interact with you

better get to bed, while the goings good

just a quick note before I get ready for work...

I totally agree with everyone else about holding off on solids until 6 months - as I mentioned before, if I could have I would, but Josiah just wouldn't have a bar of it. Shell, Holly may just be going through a growth spurt and needing more milk right now - see how you go - you've only got 3 weeks to go! (oops, just realised amanda said exactly the same thing!)

Amanda - Hope Abbey's excema clears up soon. I know my nephew gets it on his face quite badly in the cold weather - and he lives in Colorado, so it's always cold!! It doesn't seem to bother him too much, but you just feel so sad for him.

Sorry to hear that Em is not doing well Theresa. I hope the feeding tube helps. I really feel for you and DH atm, and for Em, poor little thing.

Abs - Josiah has been holding his bottle for a while, not for long periods of time, but he's getting stronger. I use avent bottles and don't have the handles, but now you've mentioned it, I may look at getting some, it might make it easier for him.

Anyway. now I'm running REALLY late for work, better go and get ready

Have a great day everyone

Bel

abs Guest

Hi Theresa, your input is definitely taken in the right manner - you speak with sooo much experience on that matter... please don't feel like you're being a big meanie... we know its meant with all the best intentions... And hoping something gets sorted with Em, thanks for keeping us up to date with her

Bel, the handles go between the white screw on ring and the bottle. Jordy loves grabbing at least one handle and moving the bottle around now. Sometimes pulling it further into his mouth, other times almost completely out and you gotta fight him to keep it in his mouth - tis funny though

Shell, re the bags. If Jordy is in his, we only put a sheet over him, and he only has a tshirt/singlet on, or last night he had a... thing that clips between the legs, looks like the item thats often a ladies lingerie item, bodysomething - i can't think of the name. If he's in full clothes then we'll have a blanket on him as well. He'd be too warm in full clothes and the bag

Hope you got to work on time Bel

Hi everyone,

Theresa thanks for the information, you make my decision easier, I too have been holding off on giving Tyron solids, he is happy and still sleeping through the night so I thought why would you, then all of my friends are like well maybe you should feed him anyway and you don't want to miss the boat etc.. so THANKS I will now hold off!! Also, good luck for today, I hope they can find some answers for little Em and get her better soon.

Bel - how is work going?? I find that I enjoy my days at work, but can't wait to get home and see the little man!!

Shell - Tyron is constantly turning himself around in his cot, to the point that now I don't even bother putting a blanket on most times, we just have his room heated, the growbags are good, but he refuses to be in one as he wants to be able to kick his legs...

Abs - I might have to go and buy some bottle handles, Tyron loves to hold the bottle, but with 260ml in it, it is too heavy...

Amanda - I hope they can help with Abbey's excema!

Well of to ticketmaster to try and get tickets to the footy, wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't raining and might help if I was actually going to the game, but you get that!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all!

Re grobags, I found Charlie had the same problem, ie wanting to kick his legs out. So I got him a bigger size. He's in the 6-18month ones now and it's got plenty of room for him to kick. I love the things, though I admit to a few tears when I had to put his old grobag away!

Bel, Charlie's trying to get at my food too. He keeps trying to take things out of my hand, and gets quite cross when I won't let him. I have also seen him smacking his lips when I've eaten ice-cream! How hilarious!

Shell, I too thought that when Charlie started waking more, that maybe he was hungry, but my CHN mentioned that a teaspoon of food wasn't going to make him more full in the scheme of things atm, and all it would do was make him BF less to compensate. I reckon it's just that age they're becoming more aware of their surroundings, and waking at night and not seeing mum there can be distressing.

BTW I have not had AF yet! I really wanted to know if anyone else here hasn't gotten it yet!

Theresa, thinking of Em for her appt today!

Amanda, my DD had the worst eczema when she was a baby, but my Dr told me to switch her bath soap to Aqueos (sp?) Cream and it worked wonders to sooth her. It's a soap replacement. Just an idea for poor Abbey.

Oops, it's CHN time. Off I go!
    Last edited by sushee; May 11th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

abs Guest

Lisa, wow, Tyron is a thirsty little one

Jordy's still only having 200 in his, I doubt he has drained it to the point of wanting more. Sometimes there's <40mls left and other times he'll only drink 40-60% of the bottle

Our CHN said to do 5 bottles a day, so that's one at 3am (usually all but empty) then at approx 7:00, 10:30. 1:30, and 4:30

And he's about to stop using his 2nd bag due to size... we looked at the grobags but were a bit pricey - found others just "as good", even if they only lasted half the time, for MUCH cheaper

Oh some great news here... Jen entered the MyBusiness small business e-business awards. She definitely got in the top 10 (possibly top 5), but only publish the top 3 places being (no specific order) something to do with direct deals, getting flowers fast and hot ties. She's in too much of a niche area to be in the running against those three huge mobs

That's out of over 500 entries... so top 1% !! She is sooooo stoked
    Last edited by abs; September 12th, 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Bel, naughty girl, being a BB addict instead of going to work, hehehe.

Lisa I love that ticker pic. Yeah we have the oil column heater on permanently in her room since winter started, on the lowest setting & smoke alarm right above it, but safe.

Amanda, poor Abbey, hope u get some answers with the excema. I find Holly gets bright red cheeks & they look scaly like & am wondering if it's coz of the Alpha Keri Oil I've been using, coz I noticed that my hands get like it too when bathing her & she gets bit of peeling on her face too. The J&J products made her peel.
    Hmmm Aqueos Cream you say Sush, might have to try that myself.

WTG Jen.

Holly woke at 12:45am last night, I have had it pretty good with sleeping since 4wks old so it's not that bad.
    Oh & thnx Abs, the sleeping bag has certainly done the trick, although it is a 0000 & no arms, just press-studs over shoulders & is only just fitting her, so will have to look into getting more. Thnx for the tip too Amanda & Sush on the types of bags.

Hi Everyone

Well we went to the doctor and got some creams to put on her excema so hoping that it works. One interesting thing he said was that people have been scared into not using cortisone cream and so don't use enough to make a difference, whereas it is not as harmful as it is made out to be. Made me feel heaps better about using it.

Shell... thats how abbeys started, brigt red cheeks that were scaly, but it shouldn't be the alpha keri oil doing it, but maybe switch to a different one. I use QV oil and have been told that dermaveen is good too. Also the body shop hemp body butter is great for dry skin, it has been so good on abbeys. My cousin recommended it as it was the only thing that got rid of her boys dry skin. If you put that on after her bath it might help (and you could rub it in your hands at the sam,e time.) Great to hear that the sleeping bag is working.

Abs.. congrats to Jen that is great..

Sushee.. I haven't got AF yet wither, its actually quite nice to not get it lol.. just hoping that when it finally does come that it doesn't try and make up for the missed months lol. thanks for the tip on the aqueous cream, i will give it a go.

lisa..tyron is so cute in that pic.

we had some professional pics done today, some of abbey by herself, some all together and some with me and abey and DP abbey.. hoping that they turn out good. it was a bday present from DP and we are also heading out for dinner so i best get ready

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Well CHN and I ended up chatting so much that besides getting the boy weighed and measured, not much else got done! So today, at 4 days shy of 5 months, he's just a miidge over 7kgs and 64 cm long. He's only put on about 800g in 2 months, mind you, but she reckons he's right on track. His weight gain slowing down a little is likely due to the lingering cold he's had which has made it a teeny bit hard for him to nurse, I think.

He oblingingly rolled for her and even spent some time in 'conversation' with her, which charmed her silly. So all in all, very happy.

Abs, I've been getting my grobags from the sids and kids website, which is cheaper than most shops. I have a lightweight and a winter one, and yes even then, DH almost fainted at the price, but boy, do they wear well! Mine are comstantly going through the washing machine and are really holding up. I've also found another (but Aussie made) brand that I'm going to try when I get my next bag.

BTW yay on Jen doing so well to get into the top 10!

hehe, only just made it to work on time - thanks to you lot!

Lisa - glad to hear Tyron is doing so well. Ummm, work sucks at the moment, but it is nice to have a bit of a break and be all excited to see my kids at the end of the day.

Amanda, I had to get some cortisone cream for Josiah too, fantastic stuff. As well as the soap, check your washing powder too. I can only use OMO sensitive with my 2 munchkins, anything else makes their skin flare up. Another soap alternative is Michaels (pharmacy brand) from memory it's a little bit cheaper than QV, but works really well.

good to hear the sleeping bag worked for Holly, Shell. How on earth did you get her into a 0000??

Sush - still no AF for me. Didn't get mine for 9months last time, so here's hoping it happens this time around too! Quite enjoying not having to worry about it.

I just got a bit of worrying news. My friend found out she's pregnant last week, and we're all SO excited as we've been waiting for them to have a baby for years. Just got an SMS saying that's she's gone up to the hospital, but can't reach her to make sure she's ok. I'm so worried about her....

Chat tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some good news

Bel

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast