Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #6

abs Guest

so what happens when bubs stops feeding ?? Jen says she feels like she wants to explode and plays with her boobie pistols in the shower trying to empty em (she'd probably kill me if she read that )

Bel, I never remember having an"extra day off" school coz it was my birthday... mind you a number of us will be celebrating their birthdays during Easter every now and then. Must look up when Easter is in 2024 (18th) and 2027 (21st) - could work either way - makes have a great long weekend for a huge function Hope you survive with Mark away

We're waiting another couple of weeks for him to go to his own room... I will be away over the October long weekend (Sep 30-Oct 2) - probably only sleep away on the Saturday night. Maybe the following week as he turns 6 months old (now how has this time just flown by - it seems like only the other day we were all anxiously awaiting each others results) we will then put him into his own room - Jen will be beside herself with worry, I can see it now

Amanda, I don't envy your SIL. If she's having any more, hope they're it's alot quicker, yikes.
    Holly wasn't too bad being dunked, however I only dunked her fully quickly once, the other times I just put her mouth under. She just had a look of shock on her face, hehe, so did the other bubs.

That's good news KelliC. Hope that recovery wk flies for u.

That's great Nickers, clever lil man.

Oh Sush, sad but good on the sleeping longer. D u have 1 of the video monitor screens in ur room so u can still see him?

Abs, oh lil Jordy is growin up. I'm thinkin of weaning Holly off over the next 1-2mths. I think from memory they say b/feeding in the first 4mths gives the greatest benefit, if u can & Jen's already managed that, so that's great. I've heard just to express a tiny bit just enough to stop them hurting, coz the more u express the more they produce.

Bel, I totally agree, I actually only paid $5 for our pixifoto to get a free 10x13" (also gave DH dark chocky). Was given the voucher whilst shopping at Kmart (part of Coles Myer, like Target) a few doors away from Target with a Pixifoto, apparently staff are walking around all the time giving the vouchers out to those with kids with them. There was no way I was paying $80 for anything else. We paid $900 for our camera. I've just been putting a black sheet on our bed or the lounge & putting Holly on it & takin pics. The B&W prof pics we had done were coz we got a gift cert from my work.
    Hope they behave for u.

If u can see teeth under the gums when u lift bub's lip up/down, does that mean they'll be coming through soon?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hmm Shell about Charlie's site not working. It seems to be okay from here. What are you getting? Just stopping dead? Can someone else try it please?

PS shell, I can't see any teeth at all in Charlie's mouth, so maybe it is!

Maybe the website was down for maint. Great pickies, just bout to view the video files but have to download flash player first.

Oh cool I was just thinking the puter gremlins were attacking again! Lol!

And I looove the new ticker pic of Miss Holly. She is such a little cutie!

i have been able to see Nixon's teeth through his gums for about 2 weeks now, so cute isnt it!
    but not sure its a real sign they will come anytime soon.. its hard to know, he also dribbles and shoves his fist in his mouth but thats another thing they do anyway which could be miss interperated that teeth are on the way

Cool thnx Nickers. Was just wonderin, I can see quite a few top & bottom.

Sush, those video pics are just sooooo cute. I love the roll technique. Ditto on ur ticker pic.

Oh & the swimming pics are being emailed to me know, but looks like they are 2.8Mb in size so will have them uploaded on my www within the hour. Bloody dial-up, hehe.

Morning All

Back at work again today.

Charlie is going great. he is on solids now and he is a heavy little boy!!! He is getting a bit of the flu at the moment but nothing to bad. He'll get over it1

I can't see any teeth and he still isn't rolling over. My SIL's little boy is crawling already and he has just hit 7 months - EEEKKK

Hey Chicks - sorry I have meen MIA for a while, in the middle of moving - officially out of KAL as of tomorrow.

Speaking of professional photo's have a look on Amber's website - I jsut uploadeded hers, soooo cute! Sooo expensive too!

MORNING!

Well, my baby is offically a big boy - he has his first tooth AND he started on solids on Wednesday. :eek: Exciting but sad coz I wanted him to stay a "baby baby" for a while coz Janae grew up so quickly but he's growing bigger quicker!

Hows Jen going with the 'not feeding' abs. It is hard coz it can be quite painful, but as Shell (I think) said, if she just expresses enough to be comfortable, it shouldn't stimulate her supply too much and should settle down after a few days. I know it only takes about 2 days for my supply to go to almost nothing - it doesn't help when I keep forgetting to express at work!

I've got stacks to do today and Mark's back this arvo and the house is a mess, so better get started. Just had to have my daily BB fix before I start anything! Gee, I luv you gals! And you too of course abs. Have a great day

Bel

Hi chickies! (and abs!)

Well almost feel human today. Charlie only woke once last night! I do think it's this lingering cold he's had that's messing him up, poor bubba.

I'm in the mood to check out piccies today so am going to visit everyone's websites to see how your lovely babies are doing.

As for solids, DH and I have decided to wait for a while on that. Charlie seems to be doing alright, is still gaining weight and I've still got plenty of milk for him. If all goes well, we'll probably be holding off until he's as close to 6 months as possible.

Have got an appointment with the CHN on the 12th. I know Charlie's already over 7kgs, so we'll see my how much!

Oh and he's done a few front-to-back rolls now, but can't always figure out how he did it! Lol!

Jacci, hope ur lil man is better soon. Some bubbies do things early, some late, some on the avg time, some never crawl, they just go straight to walking, he'll give u a big surprise soon.

Sooz, very cute.

How's Josiah coping with his 1st tooth Bel?

Hmm, solids, I'm a bit scared of that, just thoughts of choking, yikes. Will start her at 6mths, half the mum's in my mum's group have already started their bub's on solids & are doin great, but I'm waiting til the new recommended time They need to start solids at 6mths due to not getting enough iron by that stage I've been told by CHN's & Midwives.

Holly did 5 back to belly rolls yesterday, not long after watchin Charlie's video clip Sush, hehe. I just caught the end of the first, but got the 2nd on tape. She then did it another 3 times for DH, when I was at tap. What program did u use to make the internet quality video clips? It's a great idea.

Yay Holly, what a clever little girl! She just needed to see what technique to use! Rofl!

I have to admit, I have no idea about movie quality, Shell! I just used the movie mode function on my sony cybershot, which records in mpeg, then downloaded it to the site! My hubby is the one who uses the vid camera and I bet you, he wouldn't have a clue how to convert it to mpeg! Lol!

Had CHN appoint today. Nixons stats:
    Weight : 6020g (up 720g in 3 weeks)
    lenght: 62cm (up 3 cm in 3 weeks)
    HC: 40.7cm (up 2cm in 3 weeks)

all good there, but he has been a bit grumpy and sooky the last 2 days. ive just bought some wind drops to c if that helps, he is not seeming to be very satisfied after meals but i dont know about starting solids yet cause really he is only 3 months. he just wants to suck all day, boob, dummy, fingers, if he is not sucking something he is very upset

Shell- WTG on Holly rolling! thats awesome

Nic,

Charlie went through this 'sucky' phase a couple of weeks ago. Once Nixon can get stuff into his mouth of his own accord, he'll be a lot less upset!

mum21 Guest

Hi ladies & Abs

Just been on the choice website and I'm not sure what your views are on giving the bubs dummies but thought you might be interested in seeing this article about which dummies aren't safe etc. Did you know that companies don't need to get dummies safety tested it is only done on a voluntary basis, that is a scary thought.

Anyways here is the link. http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle...Dummy+failures

Nic - Declan is going through this phase atm and I was talking to the paed and she said most babies go through this stage where everything just goes into the mouth, just an exploring phase I suppose.

Sorry I'll BBL to do more personals Declan has just awoken and is calling.

Thanks for that Amy, I use tommee tippee & happy baby so good to see they are both there.
    Today is the annaversary of when Nixon was coinceived!! hehe, but how ironic i just got my periods for the first time thismorning.....which kinda sucks, i definatley were not missing them thats for sure.

Morning!

And what a wet and windy morning it is here in Perth...
    Hope everyones weekends were lovely. Mine was a bit yuck. Janae has gastro, so it's not been a very happy house atm, with her sick and Josiah teething. Then to top it off Mark was out yesterday from 8am - 6.45pm, so I was on my own with the both of them grizzly - NOT HAPPY JAN!! Anyway, that's my rant for the day

Thanks for that link Amy. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I use Tommee Tippee, and nickers mentioned its on the list, so that's great.

Solids - Josiah's going great with the farex. I desperately wanted to wait until he was 6 months before I started him on solids, but after spending the last 2 weeks feeding him every 2 hours, and getting up a couple of times a night again to feed him - I just couldn't wait another 6 weeks - it would have done my head in. He's only having farex tho, nothing else yet - and his feeding and sleep are back to normal (but his bowel movements are something else entirely - YUK!! :eek: )

Speaking of poo - better go and chance the little mans nappy.
    Back soon

Bel

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast