Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

Abs - Is Jordy an earliy riser normally??? Charlie is a 6;30 riser and then thats it - he'll normally have a nap at about 9am - but by that time i'm busy doing stuff and don't have a nap with him.

Are u working from home now??

Oh poor Charlie, & poor u Jacci, with that lack of sleep, here's to things improving quickly.

Good to hear from u again Jaime, was just asking bout u girls in the March (Bec, Mitch, Jellybean, u) thread just last wk think it was. Bec posted just recently too.
    How exciting, building ur new house, would love to be able to do that one day. Don't envy u on the moving house though, esp with 2 kids, hehe. Few other mum's in mum's groups are or have moved too.

Holly's gone back to waking at 4am for a feed, so in the last 2.5wks 'ish, she's slept through about 4 times. Her nappies recently have been quite full & yellow & is now on 2 formula bottles/day, will increase to 3 this wk. Also, her 5-9 day apart #2 which used to be a clothes filler has gone to 1-3times/day & more manageable. Must be the formula. Just found her first tooth through this morning, bottom front tooth is about 1mm through the gum, gees, our bub's are just growing up soooo fast. Oh & DH said he found Holly on all fours once Wed & once Thu, think both times was in cot when he went in to get her out of bed. Hmmm, on to solids next wk, might wait til Fri, as off to work Wed & Thu next wk.
    This morning, I found Holly with both legs fully out one gap in slats, so was kinda sideways up to her bum, like she was trying to slide out, hehe.

abs Guest

He's been a reasonably early riser, but its getting earlier and earlier - it is definitely still dark outside when he wakes, so its not like its the sun or birds etc... he used to do something like 6-7am, then 5.30-6.30, last week started getting more 5.30, then 5 and now its 4.30

He was up til about 7.15 and crashed til just before 8am. He's had another 40 minute nap since too

Oh yeah, just before I was due to go back to work from the 4 weeks I asked if I could work from home - seeing all my colleagues are in Canberra anyway, so I'm working remotely from the office here in Sydney already. After a bit of organising, yeah, I work from home fulltime. Gotta go into the office once a fortnight to do timesheets (eg every 2nd Monday I do last weeks timesheet and this weeks timesheet), plus if I need to do anything on the company network. We have 2 computers on our desks, one for the outsourcing company I work for and one for the client due to security reasons they are separate

I have full access to the clients computer via encrypted connection that operates over the internet with a homesupport PC (thank god for cable broadband speed when editting large word documents etc) but only to my company email via a webbrowser... hoping to get proper access to that at some stage so can do even my timesheets form home too... would never need to go into the office again

It's soooo great working from home and seeing all the new stuff Jordy does rather than coming home at the end of the day when he's already gone to bed etc and simply hearing what he's done

Hehe thats cute re holly with her legs out the side and omg on the tooth. How do those of you still breastfeeding cope with em with teeth through or all but through. Jordy loves chomping down on a finger or two of ours that he guides into his gob
    Last edited by abs; September 25th, 2006 at 11:07 AM.

Hi everyone,

Sushee - I am really sorry that I did't get the chance to come and meet everyone on Friday, I was sick, woke up okay, then just started being sick for 4 or so hours and was then fine... would love to catch up soon though!!

Jacci - sorry to hear that Charlie isn't well, I hope they fix the poor little man up soon, Tyron seems to have been slowing down on his eating which was worrying me, but he is happy enough!

Abs - I work a couple of days at work and a couple at homewhivch works well, wish my DH did instead of getting home at 6:30!!

Shell - Tyron escapes all the time, but he rolls on his stomach and then gets his legs caught, which is causing him to wake up about 4 times a night, not for food or anything, but because he is stuck out of the cot! We have put towels on each side of him now to try and stop him rolling over! I say to those whose babies aren't rolling yet, keep them on their back for as long as you can!!

Jamie - good to hear from you, yes life is certainly busy nowadays and I don't know how you do it with 2!!

Yes solids for us too next week, I can't believe how big these babies are getting already, 6 months seems to have flown by! I had Tyron weighed etc.. last week and he is 8.2kg and a massive 73cm long!!!

Hi to everyone else, better get and do some work!

Abs, she isn't really bitin on me so not noticing it at moment, although she did hurt a little a few days ago but not that bad, which is why I kept checking her mouth to see if any of the teeth I can see have cut through.

Tyron sounds like he's doin great Lisa. Oh no at being sick, u poor thing, oh it isn't morning sickness is it, hehe, sorry couldn't help that one. Hope ur feelin better now. Yeah holly gets on her belly too & kicks at the cot but sometimes has an arm or leg stuck out, but this is the first time I've seen her with both legs out of the 1 gap & that far out, had to laugh when i saw though. I find myself checking on her once she's asleep now, to make sure she's still in her anti-roll cushion, sometimes she's half out but still ok so just leave her, but soon as she wakes, yep she's all over the place. Hehe, what everyone has to look forward to.

I envy u guys/girls workin at home, I'll be doin 8am-4:30pm & 45mins drive each way, so when go back f/t going to really miss Holly. I can't get broadband still, despite several Telstra employees door knocking saying they can guarantee I can get b/band & NOPE. We're on the very end of the cable loop so people futher away than us can get it (most of our suburb) but not us. Only 2% of Newcastle region can't get it apparently & we're in that group. However I prob wouldn't be able to work f/t from home. Also, how do u guys/girls do it, working at home & lookin after bubs at same time?

Still only 4 big giggle sessions so far & a few very short ones, can't wait til she giggles all the time.

,m" ./,n ne57y - thast was charlie!

Shell - I take charlie to work with me - the office just bought a porta cot so it is in my office now and he just sits in there plays with his toys and has a sleep - he loves it cozhe still can see me. i would hate to have to go back to full time work and leave him - i don't envy you at all.

Giggles - every nightcharlie gets in giggles for about half an hour the other day all i had to do was look at him and he's laugh ( must admit they are my favourite times of the day) shell you will love it

Lisa - Geez and i thought charlie was long. charlie is 72 cm and weighs 10 kilo's - he is really solid not really rolly polly but just solid - i think thats why he is taking so long to roll coz he weighs soo much heheheh it sounds like Tyron is going great, When did he start rolling

Tempers - Charlie has a really bad temper with his toys it makes me laugh - he pulls all the things on the jungle jym into his mouth and if it doesn't reach his mouth then he has a screaming session at it!

morning everyone

before I forget - abs FANTASTIC news from Penny! Congratulations to the whole family.

bugger - i've been trying all morning to write this post (and all I've managed is 1 line! Everytime I try little man gets cranky, so i'm just going to post this and come back later.

See you soon!

Abs - I forgot to say congratulations for Penny and also for you being an uncle, great news for everyone!!

Shell - definitely now morning sickness, made sur eof that, I am only just starting to cope, couldn't have another baby just yet!!

Work - I am lucky and with what I do, it isn't time dependent so I can be doing it at 6am or 7pm, I just work whenever I get the chance!!

Jacci - He is so long that I have him in size 1 bond suits, I think the poor boy is going to be 7 foot or something!!! He has been rolling for about 2 weeks, was a bit shaky at frst but is over in 2 seconds flat now!! He also has a temper with his toys, tries to pull them off the gym and shove them in his mouth, it is amazing how much they can fit in such a little mouth!!!

abs Guest

Jen spoke to someone earlier today about his feeding and waking... apparently it is normal for them to go off the food for a bit - he seems to actually be getting hungrier again. Woke for an extra feed last night (fortunately just as I was going to bed at 9.30)

Also for any noise eg birds to wake em in the morning

But he is supposed to be going to sleep now - all I can hear over the baby monitor is him playing with the bits that spin on the bottom of the aquarium on the side of his cot - Jen has just gone to move him again so he can't reach it. It's soo funny - he grabs the side of the cot with his left hand and then uses that to then reach over with his right hand to play with it

Haven't gotten that on the phone yet, but shouldn't be long - I'll then upload that too

Oh, just remembered... Jen was up the shops earlier with Jordy in his pram, had just come out of the dry cleaners and into the arcade which it wasn't very wide at that part. Apparently John Howard was there with all his keepers who took up the whole width of the arcade. She just stopped where she was (in the middle) as there was nowhere for her to go...

Apparently he stepped aside when they got to where she was and apologised to her for getting in her way. Wow... noone else said boo

Update from upstairs... he's now doing a #2 - she called me up to hear his grunting but naturally stopped when I got there

As for working at home, I usually start around 7 these days (once he's back in bed) - see whats going on, do a few things, have brekkie, a shower sometime. Help Jen when he wakes again so she can then have a shower & brekkie (she tries to keep sleeping during his first nap)

And I keep working on and off during the day... Often my role is either really busy or doing not much... all works out in the end. I'll only stop for a few minutes at lunch and work til 4.30 when I take over, and someitmes do a little more after dinner - see if any new emails from 4.30 onwards etc

At the moment with only driving to work (10kms each way) once a fortnight, my fuel tank will last 5-6 months We usually use Jens for day to day stuff as it's smaller vs my Subaru Outback

We get heaps of giggles from Jordy - especially in the morning. He loves laughing. I bury my nose into his tummy and he is screaming with laughter - sometimes even waking Jen

Oh and ta re Pen... Its still so early, but she couldnt keep it quiet - and yes Tim is her bubby

Lisa - I have the same problem with Charlie - I had him in a O wonder suit the other day and it must of been too short for him coz it rubbed the skin off his little toes - i felt soo bad about it. I am going through clothes like it is going out of fashion!!! I imagine charlie is about 3cm now he just keeps growing! - you are in the same boat as me - you and i are both 6 foot and my husband is 6 foot 2 or 3 I think you said your DH is about that too - the girls in my mothers group all have short babies - I feel like i have a freak compared to them!

Abs - I love the noises charlie makes when he's doing #2.. and i love how his head looks like its going to explode.hehehehehe

Mothers Gourps - Is everyone in a mothers group - if so how often do you meet up???
    We meet up once a fortnight and have coffee at someones house - although most of my mothers group doesn't mind a wine - so we have that instead.

Fuel - How expensive is everyones fuel were they live??? Ours is at $1.24 was at $1.46 was costing me a fortune to fill up.
    I'm in the same boat as you ABS - I drive my car to netball and basketball but other than that i walk into town everyday. I normally get about 3 weeks out of a tank - which is good coz the old budget would have to be resumarized if it was more often!
    Bel - I had that problem the last 3 weeks - coz charlie had the chest infection he was grumpy sometimes and it happened to be every time i went to type on BB so i would type one line and then he would crack them so i gave up for a while!

abs Guest

Fuel is down around $1.20 or less I think here - will see later today - my cousin is in town with wife #2. His teenage daughter from wife #1 is competing at some competition in Homebush over the next few days - Tony and Krys are heading home tomorrow night. They are coming for dinner

*cough* Parents group - ours is at the local pub, Wednesday arvo's

Who here has stairs to worry about... I've just finished installing gates at the bottom and top of the stairs, and also a gate into the laundry

Only problem is the cats food is in the laundry, so gotta teach them about jumping over the gate - and then over the gates to come up and down the stairs too

Isn't it funny how in weeks our babies are older than in months - charlie is now 6 months when you go by weeks but is only 5 months nearly 2 weeks.

Abs - I don't need to have the gates anywere in our house its pretty much open plan - might put one in the laundry though - thats a good idea.

Hi Everyone,

It really is nice to here from you all again. I forgot who mentioned the March babies thread, but actually I haven't been posting anywhere since end of April, I guess it's just been so busy.

Theresa: Like you said wow it's busy. I don't know about you but Nathan is right in the middle of the terrible 2's. I mean he's fantastic with Holly, in fact he adores her but boy is he busy!!!!

Abs: We don't have strairs ATM but will in our new house. Ooohhh, the joys of child proofing, just wait until Jordan starts getting into the kitchen cupboards hehehe.

Shell: Holly seems to be doing the same thing with sleeping through the night. She first slept through at 11 weeks but has never really made a habit of it since. Actually, I thought for sure that by now she would be regularly but nooooo. Nathan started at 4 months and was every night by 4 1/2.

Jacci: Wow Charlie sounds big, Holly is still in a 00 to 0 wondersuit. Ouch on his poor little toes, and the chest infection I hope the little guy picks up soon.

Lisa: Wow, I can't believe that Tyron will be in a size 1 wonder suit. As for having 2 well I guess you just kind of do what you have to do...Same as having one. Sometimes I think that I'm going nuts....But other days they're both little angels.

Bel: Hope you and bubs are well..

abs Guest

Jac, use 4.25 weeks / month, eg 26weeks = 6 months, not 24 !! coz its 52 weeks in a year not 48 !! Thats where your numbers are going out

Jaime, its good to hear from you too. We have the bits and pieces for the kitchen cupboards and drawers ready to go - tis my job to do all these little bits and pieces... Oh, the gate at the bottom of the stairs is a real problem here, coz the stairs turn right at the bottom, and the bottom "step" is very large and open on 2 sides, almost like a platform in the corner. No way can I get a gate on that and the next step is the start of the curve up - the gate wont secure properly - me gotta think of how to do that one

You're building right ?? Make sure the design of the stairs can be gated. Have a proper think of how it will look and the size and is the "sides" of the stairs got things that will make putting a gate in difficult

Due to the vertical bit for the handrail support being all fancy schmancy, a) it buckles when anything is pushed against it - the strength of pushing against it to secure the gate into place is gotta be pretty decent, and b) its round so the gate plate simply slips on it and thus falls over if you even look at it, let alone touch the gate. I need to put my woodworking head on again to think of how to fix this one... already had to do something to secure the top of the stairs gate into place - grrr

And we dont have parents group tomorrow - its today at a lakeside cafe at the Homebush Olympic area, so we'll shortly be off to that. Apparently its also the last one for one of the girls who goes back to work next week

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Argh, so what is it about sleep nowadays? Charlie's routine is all stuffed up again and he was waking every couple of hours last night. I'm a zombie.

Shell, I've been browsing through your camera shop links to see what there is out there. Thanks for the tip. I actually went to your babiesonline site and couldn't find it. Took a while to figure out to go to your personal website. D'er! And wow on Holly's tooth. Must look so cute!

Wondersuits: Charlie is in 0s still. They are quite fitting, but definitely long enough for him, so I won't be going up a size for a while, I think. Which is good, coz I have about 12 in size 0! Lol!

Rolling; Theresa, Charlie is the same. He's got back to front down pat, but has only managed front to back four times so far. He gets so frustrated!

Giggles: Charlie is a giggler. He giggles at everything. If I do a funny dance, or sings, or even smile at him funny, he'll giggle!

Actually he only seems to be fussy when it's time to eat or time to sleep. And speaking of which, it's almost morning nap time for him, so when he goes down, so will I!

Yikes on having to move Theresa, hope it all goes smoothly.
    No swimming for us next Tue as is school hols so assume it will be packed with kids.

Holly seems to prefer to be on her belly more than on her back now, I always put her on her back so she rolls, sometimes she rolls back to her back so has to go back over again, hehe. They are just soo funny aren't they, their lil personallities.

Wow Lisa, that'll throw all your sizes out hey. So any clothes pressies might be wrong size now, have 3 x 00 which still fit but only just.

Ohhh no poor Charlie, wow I never thought that could happen Jacci. Yikes, one of Holly's bonds suits is a bit too small now but I still put it on her the other night & then washed it & packed it away. Might need to get me some size 0 wondersuits now.

No prob Sush, got some of the links from friends whom have the same camera as I have, so I bought it too. But it saved me some dough.

Mum's groups: yeah I'm in 3 (was 4), my local Child Health Clinic ran one for 5wks & we exchanged details & meetup fortnightly at each other's house, the other fortnights we go to swim lessons then picnic lunch. Another is our antenatal class group from the private hosp, we've met up 3 times now & another due next mth. Another is the mum's group run by our private hosp, we meet up about once/mth too & the other which I'm prob not going to go to anymore is my friend's mum's group which now clashes with swim lessons. I love mum's group, getting out & makin friends, etc.

Fuel: not sure, have only been filling up once/2-4wks, but when back to work will know it as it's 125km/day.
    Stairs: no internal stairs, only 1 at back door & 5 at front porch.

Child proofing: hmmm, still gotta do that. Don't need gates as can close all doors & rest is open plan.

Giggles: today, twice, Holly giggled when I was doing the whole kissing thing on her cheek, making the looonng kiss sound, so they're coming along.

I have childproofed our loungeroom now. ( only today) It was so hard to work out were everything should go to make it childproof. Only need to put the grate around the fire.

Shell - it was probably just freeky for that to happen to charlie - but do you know how hard it is to get a bandaid on your little toe!!!!!

Hello Everyone!!
    Have come on here numerous times in the last week to chat but get interrupted everytime I start to type!!
    Well long time since Ive been on here, been so busy with these 2 boys of mine. Logan is now 25wks old today and will be offically 6mths old next wed. He is travelling along nicely: weighs 7.7kgs and is 69cm long. Still sleeping through(fingers crossed). No rolling here but he is ever so close... I think......? Just needs to get his big noggin off the ground... LOL
    He has just started on solids last week and is enjoying them thourghly!! I have started him with pureed pear as we needed to get his bowles moving( he was only doing #2 once a week) and it sure has helped!!
    Logan loves watching everything his big boy brother does and lets out squeals of delight when he walks in the room. I really enjoy sitting back and watching the 2 of them interact, I think they are going to be great mates when they get a little older. Jasper had his 3rd birthday a couple of weeks ago. I still cant believe how quickly those 3 yrs have gone!! He is toilet training for the second time atm(all came to an abrupt halt when Logan arrived??) and is doing fabulously!!!
    I have also been busy looking after my sis lil girl who is 3mths older than Logan, most wednesdays. She doesnt stop moving that lil girl always on the go!!!
    Im soooo tired lately am thinking this warmer weather isnt agreeing with me atm.....so I might go hit the hay and try and do personals tomorrow.
    quick question: has anyone started their bub on a 2nd solid meal yet?
    Take care
    Anna

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast