Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

Hi Anna, I hve charlie on 2 solids a day. In the morning after his first bottle he has Farex and
    Apple mixed together. Then he has bottles all day and after his 7pm bottle he has pumpkin or potato or any vegie all pureed up. Pumpkin & Brocoli are his favourite. I have recently started him on yoghurt too, he loves that! ( mind you my boy is a big boy so needed food he is 10kilo;s)

Abs - How was mothersgroup yesterday.??

Bel - how is work going - are you still doing reception or are you back to doing the bookkeeping - has the nasty replacement left yet?? How is little Janae handling sisterhood, Josiah has the most beautiful big eyes.

Sushee - Hope your getting more slepp - believe me i know how you feel - charlie was up every hour last week!! hope he goes back to routine for you soon

I have mothers group at my house today so that should be good. - although had to spend all yesterday cleaning!!

Hi there guys....

Sorry I havent been on for awhile....

we now have Alexas 14 YO half brother living with us & my Dh is havining to work out of town form Sun night to fri night so I am totally drained (Tiggy... I have no idea how you manage to function!!!!!)...

Well Alexa is doing great, she is almost 7 months (5 1/2 corrected), and weighs 6kg!!!! she is just above the lowest line on the graph now & about average for her corrected age.....

She is trying to sit up & roll over, but not quite there yet..... but EVERYTHING is going in the mouth!!!!!

Hope all your bubs are thriving, I will try & catch up on everyones news, but there is alot to catch up on!!!!!

Hi Mitch - Nice to hear everything is going good.

Well I just got back from doing Body Pump at the gym and i think my body is going to die!!! I am sore already!

Hope everyone has had a great day.
    Jac

abs Guest

Hiya Mitch and Anna - sounds like you are both leading a very full life at the moment

How'd your group go yesterday Jac ?

Our parents group went well. Was a bit coolish as we were sitting outdoors - wish I'd read the menu properly, missed the Nacho's - had a tandoori chicken wrap instead

The first one to booby feed said "sorry andrew, about to flash you" as she was pulling her boob out to feed her son... no worries, I politely looked somewhere else at that point til all was in place (she was sitting at the table opposite me). Then it was boob city - most of the girls ended up feeding at some point. There was even a discussion started by one of the others how a guy she knows, about my age (early 40's) reckons BF in public should be banned. I reckon I was the first to tell him to grow up and get with the times.... Personally I reckon its one of the most awesome things you ladies get to do is to personally feed your child

Not happy when we got home though - someone has backed into my car which was parked on the street. The bonnet will need replacing, it's moved the drivers side headlight, maybe the bumper as well. No idea of who. THere's a bit of wood in the Subaru logo in the middle of the front (half way between the headlights), so was some sort of trailer - aarrrgghhh

So there's $500 in excess I'll have to fork out as we don't know who it was for my insurance to get to pay for it

On a brighter note, we had someone come and take some B&W photos yesterday morning. Nerida (school friend of one of the girls in the parents group) emailed us a couple of the pics yesterday arvo, and the CD containing the images is already in the post

I've uploaded two of the pics - here and here. We can't wait for the full sized files to come. No idea on getting full sized prints made from image files, but we'll soon be finding out !!

Abs they are such beautiful pictures -she has done a great job - very photogenic little boy - must get that from you!!
    Glad your Parents group went well, I was actually quite embarresed to start with when i had to breast feed in public ( can't say i've every got the Girls out before !!!!) so it was a new experience - but then i got used to it and actually become quite skilled at how quickly i could do it with out anyone noticing - I agree with you that guy needs to get with the times!

Mothers Group we had mothers group (is a mothers group for me abs as no dads ever want to come - that and there all at work) it went well at my house we hada few wines had a chat and some nibbles and the kids all had a play - they all loved charlies bounce and spin toy - charlie was a bit grumpy. Everyone at my group has these little petite babies - mine is a big boofa it makes me feel very concious of it. But i know he is healthy ( that and i seen Princess Mary's boy and he makes charlie look little )

Anyway i am at work and the lady before me has stuffed up majorly! they had the audit team come in - before i started and there is soomuch crap to fix -this lady was swapping cheques for personal cheques!!!! HELLO!!! didn't she think there would be a problem! Anyway

Chat to you all later - would love to see some more photo's ABS and everyone should update some more photo's too - i love looking at how cute they all are

Jac

Great to hear ur all doin well Anna & Mitch.

Abs, OMG they're such great pics, I'm in suspence on what the others will be like, hehe. Gees, no witnesses (eg: if parked out front of shops?), bugger. Hmm someone dinged our Forester when it was 3mths old, to bare metal, even left some of their blue/green paint on it, they took off too & it was in our STAFF car park, but wasn't any of us (newspaper mob downstairs), it makes u sooo angry that people have the gall to just drive off doesn't it. Noticed a few more dints in it lately, makes me so mad.

Jacci, hehe haven't seen princess mary's bub. Like u said, Charlie looks solid, not fat. But my GP said bub's this age should have some fat, lil fat cheeks & fat rolls on legs. I've noticed since putting Holly on 1, now 2 formula bottles/day since last Mon that she's putting on weight, & she doesn' t have a slightly indented soft spot anymore.

abs Guest

Was out the front of our house Shell - tis a fairly quiet street. Originally I was thinking it was the trailer in the house across the road, but we sneaked over and had a squiz - nup

OMG the cd with the photo's has arrived in the post - holey moley these are brilliant !!

I'll upload some more later - there's 27 in all, both high-res (2000x3008 / 3008x2000) and low-res (400x602 / 602x400)

One thing I am disappointed in is that they are JPEG's, thus have been "compressed". They should not be compressed - the complete CD is only 56Mb, so less than 10% full. I knew there was something I was gonna ask her yesterday

If you want all the low-res, it's <2Mb so send me an email - [email protected] and I'll send em to you (use a decent subject like "Jordys pics" - ta)
    Last edited by abs; September 28th, 2006 at 12:20 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ooooo can't wait to see those photos Abs! The two you had on there were soo cute. He's a looker, is Jordy!

Jacci and Shell, oh yes Princess Mary's bub is one big baby! Lol! Mind you, for a BFed bubba, my Charlie is not short of rolls of fat and dimples! Heehee!

Have been putting him into the high chair the last few days to sit with us at meal times, and he just loves it! Good for him to get used to it for when he starts solids too!

Susan, if you see this, can you please email me on [email protected] ?

mum21 Guest

Hello everyone.

I'm just on here very quickly tonight to let you know I'm still alive and home. Hopefully will be back tomorrow or the next day to read through and catch up on everything that has happened while I've been away.

We were kept busy for the 10days while we were away. Catching up with my family and our friends, then organising things for the christening we had for Declan on Sunday. Everything went really well and DH's family behaved themselves.

We headed home on Tuesday and went straight to the doctors. Turned out Declan had picked up a gastro bug and was vomiting and had really bad runs (Sorry TMI). We took him home with the advice to keep fluids up and watch the temp. We ended up taking him up to the hospital at about 9 Tuesday night because his temp was 39 degrees (while on panadol). So we've had a pretty eventful couple of days. Thankfully he is on the mend now and acting more like himself this evening then he has in the last couple of days. Well better run to look after the little mite. Chat to you all very soon.

abs Guest

Yikes Amy

must have been a scarey couple of days, but as you say, he's on the mend. Good to see you back

Rather than emailing the pics, I've zipped em and uploaded - tis just over 1Mb in size, and there's 27 shots in there - get em here. Thanks Sushee... yes he is a bit of a spunky boy

We've put Jordy into the high-chair and the chair that snaps onto the dining table too... he still slips to one side at the moment, but he's getting better at staying upright. Friends have said how much easier things are when they can sit up on their own

Oh no Amy hope he's feeling much better now. That's great that ur trip went well.

Abs, they're fantastic.

Amy - So glad he is on the mend - I would of freaked if Charlies temp got that high.

Abs - I have a highchair that actually turns into a table and charies -it is awesome - charlie sits in it when we are eating tea - he loves sitting there watching. Can Jordy sit up on his own now? Charlie has only just learnt how to do it in the last couple of days now he sits up and plays.

ok girls & abs - i'm at the end of my rope.

It's been a nightmare night and day. I got hardly any sleep because mark decided he needed some attention at 12.30 last night (u get my drift), then at 2.30 Janae woke up and wanted me to stay with her, which is very unusual, so I climbed into bed with her - SO uncomfortable. At 4.30 Josiah decided it was time to wake up and play, so I fed him but he wouldn't go back to sleep until almost 6, then woke again at 7.15.

Today, he's only slept for 10 mins this morning, and cries everytime he can't see me. I've spent most of the day trying to get him to sleep, even going for a long drive, nothing is working - he's crying in his cot as I type. Everytime I think I'm getting somewhere, Janae decides to make a racket!

To add to the fantastic day I'm having I rang up to apply for a job this morning in the 10 mins Josiah was asleep, and Janae decided that she would come in and demand something and threw a tantrum when I told her to wait - while I was on the phone! Great first impression huh....

Anyway, just wanted to vent - I can't ring Mark coz he's in the movies with his students...better go and tend to the screaming child.

Thanks girls (& abs)

Bel

oh Theresa - you put me to shame! Here I am whinging about the day I had, and you're coping with so much more than me. You're an inspiration hon!

Glad to hear that Em's doing well with her tube, sorry to hear that your sick. Hope you get Em's night feeding sorted out quickly so you can get some sleep. And on yucky dial-up but YAY on getting adsl reasonably quickly. You don't realise how good it is until you lose it don't you.

Another YAY for Georgie rolling and being such an angel.

I'll come back for more personals later, I'm off to bed now the kids are finally off to sleep.

Have a great weekend everyone

Bel

PS Abs - It's unanimous - you have a stunner on your hands, Jordy is just gorgeous.

Oh dear, hope u girls make up that sleep.

Bel, if they have kids themselves, surely they'll understand. Hope u get the job.

Great news on Georgie, Theresa & hope things improve with Em & u get better too.

Well I finalised childcare & CCB after asking work bout my pay. Seems I'm going to get paid pro-rata based on my present salary, which was s'posed to have been reviewed 1/4 as usual, but I was on annual leave then mat leave 18/4, but nope, my review hasn't been done as acntnt said she hasnt been instructed to increase per review & she had same thing happen when returning from mat leave. So bit disappointed & I really hate asking pay type questions but I'm gonna have to as I feel I'm entitled to. So c/care is $52-$20=$31/day which isnt too bad compared to other centres, so guess I'm all set for Wed, hehe. Just have to supply formula & farex, they supply the rest (nappies,chef cooks vegies,etc) & have to label everything.

ETA: DW 6.19kg (up 750g in 4wks, 3-4times more than last 3x3wkly weigh ins).
    2mths=25%, 5mths=8%, 6mths=10%(but DW). Other weigh ins were BW though, so prob 6kg.

Theresa & Bel - I am feeling your pain!!!!! I have been up every hour on the hour for 2 weeks straight now and am walking around like a zombie!!!! Theresa you really are amazing to deal with whats going on with Em. and Bel -hope you get some sleep real soon!!!!

Well its now october and i can't believe how quick it has gone!!!

Today i am putting up with 2 children!!! Gavin got in from a grandfinal party at 4.30sm and is hung over like mad so i am helping him feel better and then Charlie is in a bad mood coz of his chest infection - sometimes i think i need to go away on a holiday for a while! - i think i just need a whole weekend break!

abs Guest

Hi ladies

Theresa is such an inspiration isn't she... soo good to hear Em is coping and G is doing well

Jac we know about the wakes too... hmm, seems like its a phase around this age. Sat night was a shocker though last night was a bit better

Thx sooo much for the words about our little boy... we reckon we got the major prize with him

For those on long weekends, though actually most are still on mat. leave... cancel that thought.

Jordy moves to his own room today, and we might try some Farex later today too

Hope Gav's day got a bit better Jac - I certainly cant go that late anymore... and hope he was able to help you in return later in the day... I better go get a bottle ready for his majesty. He should be hungry now

Abs - Gav slowly came good!!(after a few hotdogs and a can of coke!) Even if he is majorly hung over he still plays with charlie - I secretly pray that he is really hung over then I don't give him any sympathy coz it was self inflicted.

New Elmo - had a friend come down from melbourne on the weekend and she bought charlie a new Tickle me Elmo - It is unreal!! has anyone else got one - I can't stop pressing the button and making him laugh it cracks me up!! Charlie laughs at him too

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast