Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006

Abs – Adam latches on really hard too (almost feels like he has teeth and is biting hard) but Hayden is nice and gentle whether he is using the nipple shield or not. May Jordan is like Adam and has a firm grip

AMH – thanks about the bath stuff – I have a couple of Gaia samples so I’ll try that out tonight.

Theresa – where do I buy the Beauty & Bees products?

Abs – My local chemist has the nipple shields in the baby bottle section (Avent brand) 2 in a box.

AMH – my babies belly buttons bled also – The maternity health nurse said it was normal and to wipe with a cotton ball and cooled boiled water. It will eventually heal over. She also said is it OK to bath them before it heals over too.

abs Guest

Ta Kel

Jen was actually told today not to bother with a nipple shield !! Hmm, will see how she goes over the next day or two

Also re Maxalon, apparently that isn't recommended much anymore - due to something... There's another one called Domiperodime - I know the spelling isn't correct, but it's something like that !?!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say that Bel's little man is here, Josiah Mark born at 4am this morning, weighing 8 pound 12!

I hope everyone and their bubbas are going well, the hours in the day certainly go quickly now.

Thinking of you all, but have to go and tend to a screaming little man at the moment, be back later to try adn catch up!

Yay for Bel! \/

abs Guest

thanks for the update Lisa

How you going Susan

Hmm, after yesterday and Jordy's nappies being pretty clean, today they have been fully loaded

Just gave him a bath, was doing really well until we picked the camera up, then he screwed up his face !

Drying and dressing him, he was a sweet little angel again - hmm

All's going well in this neck of the woods, we actually got through a day yesterday without her usual 8-11pm hissy fit so am stoked!! She looks to be gaining weight so quickly - calling her chubs now, her little cheeks are ballooning and she's getting a double chin!!!

We've got our first 'First Time Parents Group' Meeting today, so should be interesting.

I swear these lil' tackers must know when the camera comes out! Must be like an inbuilt sixth sense or something.

Hi all,
    just popping in to say hi and glad to read that everyone is generally doing well with your new babies!
    Great news about Bel, imagine you'll hear from her within the week as she is now officially a member of this group.
    Hope things keep going well for you all and I hope to be able to join you sooner or later unless this stubborn little monkey decides to hold out until May!!

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,
    I hope you're all well. I can't wait to join you all in here really soon.

KelliC

HI everyone!!
    Thanks for the advice on Logans belly button, It ended up clearing up the next day but I did give it a clean with some boiled water and its been great ever since.

Kelli and Joy- I really hope you both join us in here real soon!! All the best for your births. Sending truck loads of Labour Vibes your way!!! :contract: :contract:

Abs- I hear you on the camera thing!! Jasper used to do excalty the same Logan isnt quite as bad just yet.....? Maybe its because we cover our faces with the camera and its not something they're used to seeing??

Theresa- Great to hear that your app went well and the drugs wont affect little Georgie!! Must ease your mind. Gotta love those Cuddles you dont have to ask for!! Good work Em!!

KellyW- How are your boys going?

Susan- Are you managing to stay awake with your night feeds?? I fell alseep again this morning at 6am whilst feeding Logan only to be woken up at 7 by Jasper asking "What you doin Mum??" was kinda cute! How was your parents group??

Logan has put on 370gms in a week!! He is doin soo well, next week we will do his length and head cir. I cant believe its nearly been a month since our wonderful babies arrived!!!! P.S- I posted my birth story too if anyone wants to check it out?
    Well both my boys are fast alseep so I think I might join them,Take Care everyone!

Hi everyone!
    Well i'm finally here!

It has been a very eventful few days.

My due date came and went with no sign of a baby coming and since we were moving an induction was organised for friday morning. Went in at 7.30am, waters broken and drip put in at 9.30am and i was in established labour at 12.30pm. Started asking for an epidural at about 4.30pm when they checked me and found i was already 9cms and gave me the gas to try. I found it to be annoying and didn't work so just coped with the pain as best as i could. started pushing at 4.50 and she was born at 5.21pm.
    Head came through so well with no tears but then she turned and had a shoulder dystosia (sp??) and was all blue. so emergency button was pushed but she came out fine. i however ended up with i third degree tear.

She was 9lb 6oz and everyone is so surprised at how big she is, but she doesn't look it now.

we finally decided on Abbey Jane for a name after about two days. She has been feeding and sleeping so well so far and i hope she keeps it up.

I got discharged from the hospital monday and we made the trek to dubbo. Chris left last sunday for wodonga and is really missing seeing his little girl. We hope to be down there with him in a week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Abs... sorry to hear about jens milk supply, i have been having the opposite problem, whenever i feed milk is everywhere, s i have to be home with towels on me and if we go out i have to time it so she won't need feeding. i'm hoping it settles down soon.

congrats bel on josiah! hope it is all going well.

sorry bout the lack of personals and don't be surprised if it doesn't make sense. still very vague!! I will do better next time.
    Talk soon

abs Guest

welcome back Amanda and Abbey Jane

Jen's milk is coming back in. Jordy only occasionally needs a bottle topup, so feeling much relieved on that front. Of course we have plenty of other drama's going on with her dad and mum so not much fun at all

On a good news front, I've been allowed to keep the work laptop, so since I already work remotely (all my colleagues are in Canberra, and I work from the Sydney office. All my contact is via email & phone

So with this work machine, I can work from home just as well as from the office... will only need to go into the office a couple of times a month to fill in my timesheet etc which I can't access from home - Jen is sooooo happy about that.

The question of doing this has been put forward to my team leader who reckons its a good idea, and she will put it forward to my senior manager, who is already aware of my good work that I've done in the last 11 months since being back in Sydney and working remotely (I started the job in Canberra and spent 10 months commuting there from Sydney on a weekly basis)

Amh – boys going well. Can’t believe they are 3 weeks old already

Amanda – I had the same problem with milk. When I was feeding one of the boys the other boob was leaking, but it has cleared up now.

Abs
    – sound great re your job if you can continue to work from home

Vent time
    :fuming: – Steve has just received an email from my mother – unbelievable – it was 3 pages of complaining about me and things I did up to over 20 years ago when I was at school . Even some comments trying to cause a rift between me and Steve – He was furious. Nothing about her grandchildren either ??? :fuming: So guessing this will be the last we hear from her.
    :fuming:

abs Guest

Oh Kelly, seems at least we have the reasons for her not wanting to talk to you - but 20 years, that's a long time. So sorry to hear that.

Sounds as if you and Steve are strong enough in your relationship to not let whatever she tried to have an effect, that's good to hear

I couldn't care less what Jen did years ago

Not quite a vent, actually a funny story in a weird way from here. One of the guys in the industry that Jen works in, is known for his mouth. She kept the pregnancy very hush hush, as having her own business could be put in jeopardy if people knew, and thought she wouldn't be able to do what she needs to do

Anyway, this one guy, who everyone has kid gloves around cause he has the foulest mouth if you are in his bad books. And spreads gossip very quickly too

So he hears about Jordan early last week. Comes around to visit late last week, needs a couple of things scanned so he can go work overseas too

Apparently in the last 2 or 3 days he was pretending to be so in with everything and know all, tried to tell a couple of people that he knew Jen was pregnant over 6 months ago.

Now that is really funny, coz we hadn't even told our families 6 months ago

One of the guys in the group, did know "early on", and knew full well this guy did not know way back then

Can only laugh

jelliebean Guest

Hi everyone, thought i'd pop in from March baby buddies......

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NEW MUMS AND BUBS over the last couple of days.....

Anyway today I had my 6-8 week check with the health nurse. It was the first time Luke has been looked over or weighed since we left the hospital.

As I thought my little man has put on heaps of weight. Since we left the hospital which was 6 weeks ago, he has put on 1420g.

His head is 3.2cm bigger and his length is 4.5 cm longer.

Everything else is aok!!!!

She said he will have the milestones and development of that as a 2 week old at this point and not a 7 week old. Because he was born at 35 weeks.

I thought this is what it would be like. Coz he is like a two week old and not really smiling yet or doing much at all.

She also said they like them to aim for bubs to put on around 200g per week. He definatly achieved this and about 30g more.

Now all we need to do is have our GP check on monday the, its needle time with the 8 week immunisation at the end of the week

I hope you are all well and getting plenty of rest when you can.....

Seeyou soon...

You are so right Theresa - I would gladly provide the money if I could fine a desserted enough island to send her to.

Steve has now said she is not welcome in our house so if she changes her mind and wants to see the boys I will need to meet her elsewhere (which is fine with me).

I'll drink to that - cheers

Oh you poor loves, my mum is the exact opposite - but can I join in on the drink anyway??!!

abs Guest

Hmm, desserted islands - I'll go too - sounds yummy !! (sorry, it was just soo tempting to do that one)

Well, I'm just about to go pick my mum up from the airport. She has a conference on Wed and Friday here in Sydney, so has come up for a few additional days

I have some great work news I'll post in the Woohoo forum later when I get the chance, was gonna post it last night but Belly was done - but just quickly, work has agreed to let me work from home - yipeeee

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast