Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #11

Wow you guys are amazing with your outfits!
    Erin I had the P Alexander catalogue and they were Lil Puddin onesies, I am sure cotton on will have something.
    The most I have is a green t-shirt with far out brussel sprout on it and some cute shorts with green stars to wear on xmas day...I was saving a cute Ralph Lauren onesie but I put it on him for a test run and it barely fits!
    I have started making him a taggie rug myself with nice peices of ribbon (special burberry and baby dior from pressies he got when he was born...) cause he is obsessed with tags on things...I hope he likes it after all the trouble!!
    Question - what is your bubbas fav toy? I am struggling at the moment he is so over all his current stuff and I want to get him some xmas stuff????
    Ok got to go someone wants a bottle

Honestly Charlies fav toy atm is his Dummy. He has a couple in his cot & finds them during the night & in the morning & bangs them together or on the cot. Other than that he just rolls all over the floor playing with whatever he picks up. He's getting a ball pit & walker for Christmas so hope he enjoys them. Not actually getting too many toys as has heaps already. Getting a Firetruck (vintage one) from his uncle & one aunty is giving a bean bag chair.
    I'm sure he'll be happy with what ever toys you get. Have you seen the bubble machines? we got ours from Woolworths in the toy section for $15. They are fantastic, we discovered them at "Music & Movement", Charlie is just amazed each time we turn it on. Could buy one of them.

Pip's fave toys are my labrador and cat

Other than that, he loves his blocks that are huge and stackable, and his girraffe.

The MCHN suggested a walker thingy. There are some gorgeous ones available online (like the Wheely Bug) that are also available at toy stores - maybe this?

Lily loves my old mobile phone....and an empty container of nappy rash cream with a 5cent piece in it! LOL

Hey everyone i'm new to this i have a little boy who is 7 months old and another little one who is 3 in february i live in Qld AUSTRALIA im 23 yrs old and looking to chat and meet some new friends.

my little Thomas just got his first two bottom teeth starting as of last week.He loves rolling around all over the floor and is just very amazed at watching my 3 year old run a muck it makes him laugh.He chases us around the house in his walker sooo cute.

Welcome J&T!

What a clever boi Thomas is!
    You may want to check out the "young parents" forum for some others your age, but not forgetting us here! Where in Qld are you? I'm an ex-Brissie grrl myself

Kel - hehehe any remote control here for Pip. He will stop anything to grab it - I think its cause when he was a little bubba I'd always have the remote with me overnight and use it, and DF and I both still use it.

Today I saw him screaming from below, and his right top tooth is visible! It (was at 7pm) cut through! No wonder he's been the boy from hell!

Oooh Jen - Tupperware - the "shape-O" thingy. And there's a special this month where you get a matching maracca too! Pip loves his shape-O thingy and got the maracca today. Very cute! And sorta unusual!

Good Morning!
    Welcome J&T hope you like us!
    Thanks for all the toy suggestions, ok dont laugh, but where Kaz do you buy tupperware these days?
    Erin, The bubble machine sounds cool too - i will check it out at woolies....Kel, I have tried rice in drink bottles too, so it goes to show you dont need to spend heaps of cash!
    I have a photographer friend coming over today to take some pics of B, so should be fun!
    Ok hope everyone is well, congrats Pip on upper teeth!
    xxx

Welcome J&T. Hi everyone.
    Am having a PMT meltdown atm, I have already cried and its only 830am.
    Olivia is good, her sleep is back to normal after a week out of her harness. Shes fairly chucky thismorning, She threw up all ofver our bed (done 2 loads already), the floor and herself, oh and her dad!. Just think she guzzeled her bottle down too fast..and she held it herself. Shes grizzly too..thumb in the mouth rubbing her gums...teeth hey, she hasnt got any but boy are they giving her trouble!!
    Today I am going wedding dress shopping. Thought I had my dress, then what do you know...I changed my mind!! I am going to try all sorts on today Hopefully Olivia wont be too grumpy!
    Better run, lots to do, Adam is away again overnight tonight..he's the groomsman in the wedding we have tomorrow, so he gets to go play golf and have a relaxing time with the groom tonight, while I stay home and do it all mysel....gggggrrrrr...got that off my chest!!!!
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Ack Mel, that sux!

I found my wedding dress 2 weeks ago, its currently hanging up in my wardrobe!

Jen, try tupperware.com.au? Click on the December Preview catalogue and you'll see the maraccas But they're a limited release apparently. You can find someone there to sell it to you.

Us - the little buggar has learnt how to remove velcro, so is removing his nappys, covers, bibs and sposies. ARGHHHHHHHH. Plus the local safeway decided, for whatever reason, to change the size of nappies we use (they only stock one size) and the pharmacy had none in his size either. I have 3 MCNs and am using/washing/drying them quickly. Have requested the correct size to come in, hopefully today. And DF is going away tonight for his annual boys' night out camping, so I won't have a car. ARGHH. Might have to learn how to fold flat nappies.

Good morning everyone. Hi J&TMummy, where in QLD are you from? I ask as looks like we might be moving there in the new year.

Hope everyone & bubs are well. My gosh, I can't believe how fast time is going. Charlie is rolling all over the place, getting stuck under the couch...that make me laugh. He has 3meals a day now, sometimes its tough as I'm fast running out of ideas - though this week we did start giving him some of the stuff we had. Thanks for the PJ suggestions, hopefully my friend can find what I'm looking for at Cotton on kids.

Melissa, I hope those teeth pop through soon. Goodluck with the dress shopping, hope you find what you want. Dresses are big atm so should have lots to choose from.

Oh Kaz doesn't that annoy you when shops do that. We only have Woolworths up here & about a month ago they didn't have Charlie's formula on the shelf, then said it would be 2wks before they got anymore in...I thought WTF, yeah no worries I'll just chop & change for you!!! I was a little mad.

Jen I had pics of Charlie taken just recently, hope you have fun & get lots of great shots. Now is a great time as they sit, smile & respond to you. I love all of the pics we got.

We have the Daycare Christmas party this arvo, I made teddy bear cookies yesterday...was over it by the time i finished, but they look sooo cute. I'm a bit excited I will get Charlie's first pic with Santa - hope he doesn't cry. Not to worry if he does, tomorrow night is DH work Christmas party & Santa will be there too LOL he must be spending the week in town. Sunday night is the town Carols & Mon night is the town Christmas party. Far out we are busy little beavers.

I live at coomera it's at the gold coast but still only 40 mins from brissy.Just moved here from logan, well i have been breastfeeding for just over 7 months now, last month i tried to wean him onto a bottle so my partner could feed him sometimes, But i think it's too late as he uses me as a comfort for everything now he hates the taste of formula and looks at the bottle as a foreign object and cries as he sees it coming. He needs me the most at night to be put to sleep which is fine but he will reject a bottle all day if i'm not there he will just have his 3 meals a day and water or watered down juice.

You think that if he was starving he would take the bottle but he is stubborn very hard on me. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great or gone through this, besides that life is very hectic at the moment coming up to xmas and all always seems so busy.Just recovered from a cold which i had since last thursday but it seems to have cleared up now. My 3 yr old son is so excited we are going to a santa breakfeast at the shopping centre tomorrow morning so he is looking forward to that.Anyway hope everyone is well and your baby's are all happy how exciting for them since it's there first xmas so special!

Oh yeah, I know Coomera.

J&T - will he drink out of a cup? Maybe try a cup. Or express and give him some EBM? Often the bub will one day just take it!

Erin - have sent you a PM.

Beau fell off/crawled off the bed! Head first! He landed face/top of head ish and was all piled on top of himself, I cant get the image out of my mind, I gave him a bottle to stop him crying and he went to bed ok, he has been alright since but I am distressed!

Oh Jen, *hugs*

It has to happen to us all. If he's OK and you're OK and DH is OK, then relax, keep an eye on him over the next couple of hours and have a glass of something to calm yourself down

*hugs*

Hello ladies,

I have missed out on alot of posts this week, you have all been so busy! Well I did my exam, my prac sarts next week for 6hrs, three days a week until the end of January. So I guess it will be like being at work, except less hours. At least I will get to know how it will be when I do go back to work next yr. I have been trying to get things in order for when I do have to start prac, like house work, but it feels like I'm a dog chasing my tail. I jsut can't seem to get it all done and thats not doing much of anything, imagine when I do work??!!
    Lil has been good, back to her normal self thank goodness . She's trying very hard to get up onto all fours at the moment, but just can't seem to coordinate everythign, she's such a funny little chicken. She's also learnt to snort, she scrunches her face up and goes for it, especially when the camera is around. I jsut have to point it in her direction and shes off, it's hilarious! We're still waking once a night most nights, at least. And mornings usually start at about 6.30. That's ok for me, though I'm not sure how we'll go when I'm at prac, oh well I will just have to manage!

J&T,welcome to bellybelly, nice to 'meet' you!
    Advice with the bottle, maybe start off with EBM the once he's a bit more used to taking the bottle, then every day add a little formula and add more each day. If you can get someone else to give him the bottle sine he associates you with booby.

Kaz, yep remotes are a favourite here too. We just got a new DVD player and she got the old remote to play with, so in her toy stash, she's now got a mobile phone, a remote control, a container with a 5c piece in it and a tissue box, along with her rattles and a few other toys. And it really is true that they love house hold items, she loves them more than the toys.
    YAY for another tooth, now he'll be a different baby!!
    LOL that he can remove velcro,hehe. Maybe try putting his nappy on backwards?? Or put some snug pants on top.

Mel, I hope the day improved for you, I've been getting really bad pmt too since I've been off the pill. And I hope you found your dream dress. I actually had fun when I went shopping for mine, though I didn't have to look for too long before I found one.

Erin, I know what you mean about time flying. I can't believe that I go back to work in about 15 weeks! Seems like a while, but I know it will fly.
    As for food, today I gave Lil (now this sounds a bit grosss, but it was actually fairly nice) potato, spinnach and cottage cheese. There's some nice recipes in the recipe section for babys, maybe look there for something new.

Jen, hugs!! I hope Beau was ok, I'm sure he was. I bet you got more of a fright than him. The joys of parenthood huh? Luckily for me I haven't had to deal with a fall yet, but the other day I cut the top off Lily's thumb with the nail clippers. It bled and bled for ages. I felt so so guilty. She hardly even cried, but it was all of the blood which gave me a fright. It was such a tiny cut and the was sooo much blood!

Ok gotta go. Hello to everyone else I hope you are all well.

OMG Kellie, is that Lili in your ticker? She looks so old!
    Mel (i think?) also cut mini-moo's finger with the cutters ... ahhh well, it will happen to us all.

Have a good day / night all!

Yep that's my lil' Lil. I think it's the hair that makes her look older. Alot of people think she's older than she is.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast