Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #11

Oh wow, Lil has heaps of hair and looks like a big girl..What a cutie.
    And yes that was me who cut moos finger with the clipper....i still cant cut the nails without shaking.
    Hugs to you Jen, hope B is ok.
    Am tired and should be in bed, but Adam is away tonight...so am just staying up coz!
    Went dress shopping and found one or two I liked, but they are SO expensive and I dont want white, the ones I liked were black(Adam doesnt want it coz its funeral colour) and red (again, no coz its too saucey for a wedding). I told him white makes me look frumpy, so he thinks light blue....aaahhhh. Think I will go the red!!!!
    Oh and I tried Olivia today with pasta bolognase abd that was bad.....no tomatoes til shes over 1yr old. She pooed 4 times and one of them was so bad it was up her back. Now her poor bottom and girlie bits are going the colour of tomatoes....no more. Poor kid.
    Hope you are all well, I am off to bed,
    love melissa

Oh no Melissa, poor mini-Moo!

I found a wedding dress! At Ravish (KNox city). And what is it this weekend, Trev's gone camping with the boys tonight too, we're all alone.

Mum's trying to find an outfit for Pip for the wedding, she's talking about Sailor Suits and the like. Least I've talked her into not buying anything until closer to the date!

Oh Kaz not a sailor suit! Cant tell Dh about b falling, I know it would end in a fight so he is on a need to know basis...
    Kel, yep i have nicked his finger too, I am a good mum but I promise! My latest posts dont sound like it but....
    My Dh is away too! Golf weekend, never mind we had a fun night last night just B and I....B missed his arvo nap (wouldnt go down) then thru being overtired and a big greedy guts, he did a HUUGGEE adult sized vomit all over me and him after his bottle, I was scared! I thought he would wake up in the middle of the night for sure for a feed, but he slept from 7pm til 5am no peeps at all!
    I just feel so in love with him at the moment, he gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, he is doing it now in his cot...and grinning at me too, aw shucks too cute!
    Go the red Mel! What is your colouring? There are some nice red dresses in the sunday paper up here today for chrissy....or what about a nice silvery grey in a cool modern shape?
    Ok love to all!
    Last edited by JenSam; December 2nd, 2007 at 07:49 AM.

Hey guys, my gosh sometimes I miss a day & I can't keep up with you all, he,he.

Still no PJ's for Charlie yet, hopefully my friend will get to the shops on Monday. Spoke to my Mum yesterday & put her on the job to as she just happened to be shopping, that's a big deal for here too as it's a 5hr drive to the shops! We had DH work Christmas show last nigth & got a little tipsy, had lots of fun. Charlie saw Santa & couldn't care...didn't even flinch when we put him on Santa's lap.

Big news here is Charlie is up & rocking on all fours go Charlie!!

Kaz thanks for that site, oh how I love online shopping sites...you made my day!

Jen hope all is ok, I'm sure it's not the last fall LOL, I'm still wondering how I'll deal with his first accident.

Kellie, I too have tried Cottage Cheese I mix it with whatever vegies he's having that night. He eats rice no worries too. I've tried some bits of Vegimite toast for breakfast, but so far he just sucks the vegimite off.

Well got to go & put up the Chrissy tree, ooooh so exciting. Then out for Brekky it's our Wedding Anniv, last years wasn't much chop as we were driving from SA to WA....not fun. Hopefully this years a bit better

Yeps, I'm doing a spring clean so I can put up the tree! Not sure if i should put it up downstairs in the "formal" room or upstairs where we live. Pip might enjoy it more up here. Will need a barrier around it methinks.

I'm getting more confident with food! Pip had about a quarter of an avocado on Thursday, and Friday night had pasta with pumpkin, sweetcorn & apple. Yesterday morning he had yogurt for the first time! But no poo yesterday, hmmm.

Jen - ouch.

Erin - enjoy your Brekky & Anniversary! Try also just ozebaby dot com dot au, lots of great stuff there, and also buyforbaby dot com etc!

Actually, might check there for child gate!

Hi girls,

Glad to hear everyone is well. We are too. We stayed at mums last night since DH was on night shift for work. Lily slapt the night through- 8 until 6.45...little bugger! She always does it at mums but has only once done it at home. I have no idea why. Maybe cause at mums shes in the porta cot and when she spits her dummy she can find it again. In her cot she spits it out and it falls on the floor. I don't know!!

Mel, ooh porr Olivia! I haven't been game enough to try tomatoes or onions yet. I have a feeling they will be too acidic for Lil's tummy yet.
    Good luck with dress shopping, the red one sounds lovely. Such a festive colour!!

Jen, we all know you're a GREAT mum! We all have times when we feel like it all goes wrong, at least I do! I feel so in love with Lily too, I know what you mean. It's amazing the kind of love that it is. It's so different from anything else.
    Yup, little missy here is up on all fours too, though she can't really figure out what to do with herself yet, it's very cute.

Erin, we just put our chrissy tree up too, it makes christmas seem real! This year has gone so so fast. I had a flash back of putting up the tree last year and being pg. It just made it all seem like everything has flashed before my eyes, like life has been in fast forward.
    Happy anniversay!

Kaz, definately put the tree up where you are all the time, then you can enjoy it more . There's such a short time that you can enjoy it make the most of it!
    He only ate half an avo.....Lily must be a piggy then, she eats half of one and sometimes looks for more! She loves her avo's.

Ok gonna go and be domesic!

Happy sunday

Kel -

Today he had a whole half. It was the first time he tried it.

But today we have constipation, no idea why.

Thanks everyone for the tips ill give them a go! hope

Morning ladies!

Well Pip keeps losing his voice - not sure why, if he's learnt that making no-voice squeals gets lots of attention, or something else. doing my head in!

Nice long sleeps lately, from about 10pm to 9am, just wish I could get him to sleep around 7pm instead! Still constipation, poor little boy had a bit of a cry during Sunday night, and I went in, checked him and thought his nappy smelt, couldn't see anything. So I keps settling him ,,, in the morning found he had pood, but it was up his back and dried / stuck on. Poor chap, had to sponge it off. Yesterday's "efforts" produced avocado that went through - does avocado cause constipation?

I've been feeding him banana-flavoured cereal, custard, yogurt, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple puree, corn and pasta alphabet.

This morning I think I'll give him stewed pears with yogurt ... the pears should soften things down.
    Anyhows, I dropped a PM to Krisvee yesterday, wondering if she's OK!

kaz

Hi Every one,
    Erin - hope your mum found you some pjs for Charlie...its our 5 yr anniversary on Friday too.
    Kaz - have you tried watered down prune or orange juice? Or I think Robin Barker says a bit of sugar?
    Kel- LOL at olivia sleeping thru at yr mums! I bet yr mum said it was something she did he he!!
    Us- we are great, still sleeping thru, he is making this hilarious lip smacking/chomping sounds constantly which are so cute, he is loving his yoghurt atm and still friut and veg...I need to get more adventurous I know....
    Ok he is licking the cot bars!
    Have a great day
    x

Hi girls! Well, I had the best intention of stopping in here every couple of days, but we went camping on the weekend and I've been trying to catch up on fun stuff like housework and laundry since we got back. Had a fantastic time though, Ben loves the beach. I took him out of the water and sat him in his sunshade and when his daddy came back and was standing in the water he wanted to go straight to him so he could go swimming again. Such a water baby!

Jen, it must have been scary to see Beau take his tumble! Ben's bumped his head a few times and I feel awful that I didn't stop it. I guess we'd better get use to it though, there will be plenty more bumps, scrapes and bruises.
    A sailor suit?!? We had Ben in a mini tux for my sister's wedding and he was gorgeous - if I do say so myself

Kaz, I'm trying Ben on just about any food other than egg whites, cows milk, honey and nuts these days. He's loved everything I've tried from tomato to fish to onions. Whatever we offer him he'll eat - typical male! I did find that avacado and bananas stuffed him up a bit though so I only offer those to him every now and then. I'm glad you PMed Kris, it's unlike her to be away from us for so long!

Jt welcome! Try a sipper cup with EBM in it too. I don't know if it will work - Ben won't have EBM at all anymore, but will have water in his sipper cup without any problem. Strange child that he is!

Kel, what are you studying? How are you going with being away from Lil? I don't know how I'm going to cope with going back to work next year. The longest I've been away from Ben was at my sister's wedding for seven hours, and I knew he was asleep for six of those hours!!! I know - I'm hopeless!

Erin, that's so cute that Charlie is up and rocking on all fours! Ben is too lazy for that. He'll lean forward onto his hands and knees to grab a toy, but then he'll push himself back down to a sitting position. I have the laziest baby in history!

Mel, I say go for the red dress too!

I'd better get off to bed, I think I'm getting a cold. Sore throat and a bit stuffy in the sinuses. I sure hope it's not a cold

Have a good night all

HEy Everyone,
    Just to let you know, as I was a bit concerned too, Kristie has posted in her other thread (i think its Sept-October '05). Shes just been busy with work and stuff. But she sounds ok
    As with us, Olivias back to waking once overnight with the whole moving in the cot and has trouble going back to sleep, so she just comes into bed with us til she falls asleep again. Shes up on her habds and knees rocking and crawls backwards...so not long now. Still no teeth, but lumpy red gums and a very rashy bottom. Shes fine though.
    Me- well i went to the dentist yesterday and I have to get 4 fillings next week And I still havent got a dress but am not too fussed at the moment...will probably get one off ebay!!
    Well, got to go, am getting the dog clipped today and have to force myself to clean the bathroom.
    Take care all
    Love Melissa

Hi Again,
    Two posts in a row!!! We had a yucky day yesterday, Olivia had her first tanty at the shopping centre and was totally grizzly for the rest of the day. She basically cried and needed to be held/entertained all the time, wouldnt have her afternoon nap. Eventually she went to sleep...at 7pm. I thought she would be up all night, but she woke at 6am. Grizzled a few times overnight and when I went to check on her she was sleeping on her tummy. This morning shes had a feed and a play and has fallen asleep on my bed... on her tummy.
    Its definately her teeth, I can now say that with confidence. They are all lumpy and red, shes rubbing her tounge on her gums, dribbling and chewing on everything. I can see the bottom 2 but I can also see, I think, the eye teeth, not the ones next to the front, but the ones after them. And her top gums are a bit red too. Am hoping this happens quickly.
    I got her a photo with Santa yesterday, before the tanty, and she loved him. Now when she sees him on tv, she watches intently.
    Well, hope everyone is ok, I have to go and do some Christmas shopping today, I think there are some sales starting
    Take Care
    Love Melissa

Hey there...
    Well I worked yesterday but surprise surprise my nanny took B for his first photo with Santa! Not a happy bunny! but the photo is not nice so there is a valid reason for me to have another one done! Like Olivia, Beau now is very interested in Santa on telly....
    I have a very sleepy boy on my hands today - he went down at 7 last night and I woke him at 7:30am this morning as I kept going in to check cause I was worried! Then he went back down after a bottle at 8:30am and has just woken now at 10:30! I have a killer migrane so maybe he knows?
    His bum is red too so maybe it is teeth?
    Feel a bit silly today after having a massive teary with my friend yesterday about how things are not the same now with DH and I, Has anyone else noticed a dramatic shift in their relationship or is it just me?
    Dis- nice to hear from you! So cute that Ben loves the water...what a cutie! Hope your cold didnt eventuate!
    Ok enough rambling, B is in his cot coughing , squealing and making chomping sounds so I will pay him some attention..better go!
    Last edited by JenSam; December 6th, 2007 at 01:07 PM.

Ouch Mel, a tanty already? Do describe what you mean by a tanty?

Poor little soul. Pip now has 3 teeth (the top left came in) and the other top tooth is breaking the surface. I've found rusks, em-33 gel and panadol are sanity-savers here. Also putting their teething toys in the fridge - specially the gel-filled ones.

Jen - ouch on the migraine. Bright side: you're not pregnant so can take meds! Don't feel silly about your teary session - its healthy to do that, instead of bottling everything up.

I'm waiting for some $$$ to be put into my account so I can spend them Hopefully this Friday, else I have no idea what I'm going to use for Xmas shopping.

Last night Pip fell asleep hugging the bars of the cot, almost biting the wood. No idea what's happening there, but we couldn't take photos cause we didn't want to wake him with the flash!

Question - feeds.
    So I'm waking him around 7:30am, give him a bottle @ 8amish. He then plays and naps at about 9am-11:30-ish. Midday I give him his solids - at the moment we're liking baby yogurt with fresh fruit (mango, apricot, stewed pear, stewed apple) and he will have an entire tub of the baby yogurt. Otherwise we'll do custard & banana cereal mixed together. That will take about 15mins to finish. Then more of a play, and possibly another bottle around 2pm, then down for another nap until about 4:30ish. Then around 5:30 another bottle, solids (atm pasta & mashed carrot / pumpkin) at 6:30 and bed around 8pm.

So he's having 3 bottles and 2 solids a day ...
    is that about what everyone's doing?

Have a good day ladies.

Hey,
    Olivias Tanty consisted of....we were in the green grocer and she was eating the cauli leaves, so I took them off her, gave her a banana instead, then I had to take the nana off her to pay for it, she started screaming and when shes angry, she does this shaking thing and a grunting scream. I took her to a seat to feed her the nana, she did the shake and tense thing then just started screaming. So i tried to comfort her, thought she was hungry and offered her lunch to her...then we just left, she absolutely cracked it. Hope that was a good enough description....she just tense up and shakes!
    We are doing 4 bottles a day and 3 meals, granted the meals are smallish and she has trouble with chuncks.
    Jen, hope you are feeling better. Nothing wrong with a good cry, especially for a valid reason. I was very aware that I was leaving DF out when Olivia was first born, but I made sure that he was aware that I was aware, iykwim. Maybe if you talk to him about it, its not really fair. Am hoping that you get quality time together.
    My rolly polly girl is going great guns and I am sure she will suprise me any day now with crawling. I almost had my first accident with her as she was sleeping on my bed this morning and when she woke, I left her there for a few minutes, by the time I got there her head was over the edge of the bed. I just have to remember to be so careful.
    Oh...and no teeth
    Melissa

Urgh, had the worst day yesterday and today is shaping to be not much better. I suppose it's still not too bad, but I'm not use to it! Ben wants me all the time and is sooky with his teeth coming in. He can't/won't sleep (we were up until midnight last night and then up at 7am) and I just can't get anything done! Oh well, I think I will just resign myself to a no-housework day and deal with bubba. It must hurt them so much!

Hello to you all, but I have to get back to Ben - personals another time

Hi!

Omg – I’ve been away for ages!!! Yes, me and the kids are fine – I’ve just been super busy…So sorry I haven’t been in to let you know all is well…

I’m having issues with Dylan feeding at the moment – he doesn’t want a bar of the boob by the afternoon which is driving me nuts and most days is only having 3 milk feeds…His sleep is going quite well at night though after the initial pains of getting the boys both to sleep! He’s getting into all sorts of mischief with his crawling and standing – pulling the rubbish lid off, trying to crawl outside, trying to climb on the couch! He’s very cute though – I don’t who was asking a while ago but he actually gives me gorgeous little cuddles now – Louis never did that this young!!
    I know your not meant to yet but we’ve put a pillow in for Dylan – It just looks so much more cosy! We put one in early for Louis as well…mind you most of the night he spends every which way in the cot anyway! Hehe.

Melissa – I hope Olivia’s night sleeps are sorted now!! I suppose it’s just all new to her!!
    Yeah on Olivias 8 month check – wow – where has all the time gone??? She sounds like she’s doing sooo well! I’ve got Dylans on the 29th??
    Wow at losing so much weight – well done!! Good luck ttc in the new year!! It should be a very exciting year with a few of us wanting to get p/g again!!
    Big hugs – I hope your over your meltdown!! It’s so hard sometimes!! I haven’t had tears for a while so I’m sure I’m due soon. Dh is away from tomorrow until Monday night so I’m sure I’ll have some over the weekend – the boys are so hard to get to bed that I’m sure I’ll freak out! Hehe.
    Wow – she really doesn’t like tomatoes hey?? I still haven’t tried yet. I’m still on all the boring stuff with Dylan. I must cook a roast dinner to give him something different!! But that’s cos I make a big pot of it and freeze it in portions so I have like 10 or 15 ready to go! I just don’t have time to cook it regularly!
    Good luck with the dresses – just go with what you like!!
    Ooh hope her toothy pegs come through soon – poor little thing! Hope you got your xmas shopping done!
    Oh no on the tantrum – trust me they just get worse!! LOL! Dylan cracks it as well when I take things off him…

Kaz – Ooh Dylan loves sleeping on his tummy too! Yeah at another toothy peg!! Dylan loves remotes – we’ve got an old one with batteries out that he can play with! I think they just want anything that they’re not supposed to have!
    Hope you got some nappies! How annoying that they changed them!!!
    Don’t stress – I’m sure he’ll get used to the xmas tree quickly – Dylan had one look at it and I told him no a couple of times and now he doesn’t touch it…
    With the constipation – is he having much water?? I know with the warmer weather they can end up a bit thirsty? And the solids as well…maybe offer him some after each meal?
    Aww how cute falling asleep in the cot – Dylan nearly falls asleep in his highchair everynight!! I got him quickly bathed tonight though so he was sleepy after his milk and went to bed easily….
    Wow Kaz – so Pips only having 3 bottles?? But I bet they’re big ones?? I’m certain Dylan doesn’t get as much milk from me as the kids get from a bottle…
    I’m thinking they’re meant to have 4 milk feeds until 9 months?? That’s when you swap it from being milk first to solids first…but if he’s content I’m sure it’s fine!

Erin – Glad you had a great holiday – sounds amazing!! Charlie sounds like he’s going great – wow what a big boy!! Dylan will be lucky to be 8kg!! That’s great he’s eating well – I must say Dylan eats quite well – we just have the milk issue!! Wow – you are super organised for xmas!! Wow!!
    That’s great he loves the water – Dylan does as well – I’ll be starting his lessons in the new year!
    Yep – I’m loving xmas as well!! Especially for Louis though as he’s all excited about Santa and knows he’s getting presents. I’ve gone a bit nuts with toys though…I’m in such big trouble! Hehe. The kids got a santa photo the other day! So cute – both managed smiles so that was great!
    Wow, you sound so busy – hope you’re enjoying it all!
    Yeah at Charlie getting up on all 4’s – won’t be long until all these bubs are on the move! Then you’ll all know it! LOL!
    I give cruskits with butter/veg on them and he at a whole one today!! Seemed to work a bit better than the toast – Dylan sucks on it as well – sometimes he manages to eat a bit but it’s not too successful.
    Happy Anniversary

JenSam – Well done on the sleeping!!! It’s so worth it!! Ooh – loving the little pudding pj’s from Peter alexander… Soo cute..very tempted to buy it but how much will he actually where it??
    Toys are hard at this age – Dylans favourite is a fisher price learning table – he is forever standing up at it and pressing all the buttons!!! Definitely a great investment!
    I’ve done rice in the drink bottle – I just put a few drops of food colouring in it as well to make it colourful!
    Hope you got some great piccies!!
    Big hugs at Beau falling off the bed…it’s horrible but it does happen!! Don’t feel bad, I’m sure he’s fine – we usually get more of a fright than they do! Dylan hasn’t done it yet but Louis did it…but, Dylan fell over outside the other day when he was standing on the edge of the sandpit – bit egg on his head from falling head first on the pavers – ouch – looked awful! Of course you’re a good mum!! We would never think any different! Accidents happen to all of us!
    Oh no – I would be upset if someone else took the kids to get the santa photo as well!!
    Awww – it is a huge change in a relationship when you have a baby. I think Michael and I have coped with each other a lot better this time around…Just make sure you get some time out together on your own. Things will settle down I’m sure…

Kel – Wow on the teeth!!! That’s amazing! We still don’t have any here – not sign of them coming anytime soon either!! Hehe. Hope your exam went well – etc – sounds like it did! Hope your prac time is going well!
    With the dummy falling out of the cot – have you tried putting a few in the cot?? Then she might find it more easily??

Disgirl – Good luck with the giving up junk food – I find this time of year it’s impossible!! I just need to find time to exercise…I haven’t done anything in ages.
    Good luck TTC#2!!! How exciting!! Hope it doesn’t take too long!
    Dylan has only 2 sleeps most days now….On good days he’ll have 1 each time but usually it’s less…grrr!
    Dylan seems to manage eating chunky food quite well…considering he doesn’t have teeth! Although Louis didn’t want a bar of it at all really…
    Hope your not getting sick and are feeling better!
    Big hugs – It’s so hard when they’re so demanding – hopefully he’ll settle for you soon!

Tiffanny – Omg – your elf suit sounds sooo cute!! You’ll have to put a piccie up!

J&T – Hi!! Your boys sound like mine!!! I have Dylan 7m and Louis was 2 in Oct!! Louis makes Dylan laugh more than anyone else I think (and prob makes him cry more as well though!)
    Aww – that’s cute he wants his mummys booby juice so much! I know it can be frustrating but I was nearly crying the other night when Dylan kept pushing me away!! I think Dylan would go all day without it after his brekky feed! Little bugger.
    I’ve given him a little bit of formula in just Tupperware sippy cup thing. He’s more likely to drink it out of that – Maybe try and avoid a bottle altogether and put it in a sippy or water bottle instead?? (hehe just read Kaz’s post…great minds!)

OK – I’ve been writing this in a word document all day….and now I’m sooo tired! But – had a great night out for dinner for a friends birthday and had a great laugh which is good! At least I got some time out before dh is away for the weekend. So not looking forward to it! I’m going to miss him so much!

I promise to pop in more often! I just feel bad for not having time to reply to everyone sometimes!!

Chat later

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast