Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #13

Hi!

Long time no post...LOL.

We're all well. Nothing to exciting going on - we had 4 days away at the PIL which was nice (but boring at times) and other than that I'm trying to get through each day feeling nauseous and lethargic - LOL!!! Nah...I'm not too bad...Off for my scan soon though which will be exciting...will confirm that everythings ok and give me a due date!!
    Dylan seems to have have gone through a real developmental growth spurt and is blowing bubbles in the bath and knows where his toes are and all sorts of other things...I remember teaching Louis everything but Dylan just seems to teach himself...it's very strange! He's walking everywhere and climbing everything! While we were away we were outside heaps and he kept up sooo well!! Crazy!

Melissa - Happy Birthday Olivia!! I hope you have a gorgeous day!! How exciting - can you believe it's been a year since we had our little bundles!! It's just crazy how fast the time has gone!!
    Ooh glad olivia loved the farm animals - you reminded me they often have baby ones at Yarra Glen market in a little pen...I took Louis in once and he loved it!!!
    LOl at your boobs getting so big already! I'm sure you'll fit in to your dress - I'm eating all the time as well and have already put on a kg! I really need to calm down but it's the only thing that stops me feeling sick...
    Wow at not telling your mum yet - that's restraint for you! hehe. I'm useless at keeping secrets...
    Bugger Olivia's going to bed late...Is she still having 2 day sleeps?? Dylan has just dropped to one sleep over the day - usually from 10.30-11am (although today was after 12!!) and then he usually sleeps for 2-3 hours!! He then usually is in bed by 7-7.30pm and up anywhere from 7-8am...
    Ooh you've reminded me about booking Dylan in for his immunisation...Hope she's feeling better now after it..
    Yeah at tricking everyone at your hens night!! I'm so glad you had a great time!!

Tiffanny - Sorry to hear about your nanna. Sounds like you had a really nice time with her though... Those teeth are lethal aren't they?? Dylan chomped down on my boob the other morning - one more of those and he'll be weaned thats for sure! LOL!
    I hope Phoebe's feeling better...poor little munchkin.

Kel - Yeah on getting such a great nights sleep!!! Ooh yeah on the quickie - hehe. Dh is getting more now than he has in ages...I always feel like it more when I'm p/g...
    Yep, we're hoping to move in Aug/Sep or sometimes around then. We were going to rent but now I think we're going to buy again..it'll just be a really ordinary place. I want 4 br but with our budget I'll be pushing it...so the kids will still have to share but they're so close I don't think they really would want to be apart now anyway...
    Moving to the coast sounds good - at least you can kind of move anywhere with dh being a cop. Thats one of the reasons I keep considering becoming a primary school teacher is that we could move anywhere really and get a job...
    Wow at only putting on 2kg this time! I think I'm going to put on heaps the way I'm eating - hehehe. My boobs never seem much different when I'm p/g only when my milk comes in...or maybe they're just permanently stretched now...how attractive...LOL.
    You'll cope just fine with the 2 bubbas...although it is really hard to begin with I promise it gets easier and then you can't imagine having it any other way!!
    I hear you on the kids being trying...I swear they know somethings up sometimes and that we're tired and our tolerance levels aren't that great! Hehehe. I hope Lily settles down for you soon though...
    Bugger your computer needs fixing - hope it doesn't take too long!

Jen - Glad Beau is feeling better! Hope the house sells quickly for you - thats great you've already got people interested! How exciting ttc in August - that's not far away at all!!! Hmmm I don't think it will hurt going on the pill - I've always been on the pill - first the normal one for like 7 years before having Louis then mini pills inbetween the next 2 p/g and have always fallen p/g really easily...if it helps then I'd go for it...
    I completely agree with the retraining to sleep...one exception to the rule and I find they're pushing again...especially if they've been sick and you make allowances (which of course is fine) but after they're better you have to get on top of it all straight away again...

Ok...thats enough of an epic from me! Chat later!

'm back!! YAY.

Hellllloooo everyone, it has taken this long to get our phone & net connected. I tell you what...they say it's because we live remote!! they should have seen where we moved from,he,he.

How are you all...sorry I'll try to read & catch up without getting confused.

OMG Mel....congrats!!! YAY - it's now 3 in the group with another bubs on the way?? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Olivia!!! did you guys have a party?

Have I missed any others who are 1?? Ooooh not long now, we will be having a BBQ for Charlie with just some friends we have made here...just to acknowledge the day. I prob wont make a fancy cake as I did that before we left WA with all his little mates there.

Kristie I think you were asking about presents....I like keepsakes or things that make Charlies room fun. He gets spoilt with lots of toys from everyone else. Charlie will be getting some outdoor stuff from us as we can now go outside as it's not so darn hot here, he also needs a book for daycare for his special paintings etc so I plan to decorate the cover for him & give it to him on his Birthday also. Also thinking (depending on time) about making him his own colour & number book using pics of him....hmmm depends how creative I get.

Mel & Jen, we have sleep issues here also. After a full week of sleeping through things just went pear shaped & Charlie was waking every 3 or so hours & not settling at all without a milk feed, arrrrggghhhh! We first thought teeth but no real symptons, but think it may be put down to him being cold. We've started rugging him up more & only having 1 wake up now! Wow I really thought by 12months he'd be sleeping through, oh well. As for teeth we have 13 already, he teeth's every other week, the only good thing is I suppose not many more to go!

Wow I think I'm getting brain strain tryting to read all of the posts. I'll have to read up tonight when Charlie's in bed.

Quick update on us. The move has been fantastic, this town is so great!! I have 2days a week work that is great but Charlie screams each time we get to daycare & it breaks my heart...he doesn't seem to be enjoying it at all. I'm now playing netball & joined a great playgroup...so much better at making friends now then I was in the last place & i'm really enjoying myself. And we have SHOPS here...LOL...YAY!!
    Charlie has a mouth full of teeth, though still refuses to eat finger food....has anyone else got probs with that??? We are on cows milk as of last week, as he's almost 12months & tbh the cost of another tin of formula was the decider...we have to be sooo much smarter with our money as we are looking to buy a house here & they are sooo very expensive. Not walking yet, who's bubba's are walking?? Oh & the strangest thing, he points & pushes buttons etc with the wrong finger, he uses the "naughty" finger..weird, we are trying to teach him the right way.

Oh, got to go that's my big boy now. Hope everyone is well & will drop back in real soon to catch up more. Take care.

Quick one from me....

Had a great day. Olivia got a few pressies from family but we are having her party on Saturday. My mum got her a tryke with a handle...she loves it.

Welcome back Erin...wow Charlie has so many teeth. Olivia is getting a molar and she so grizzly for it.

Only 12 days til our wedding...so excited and we have kept our secret.

Well, df is going to ice hockey training, so got to run.

Gees I am having real vivid flashbacks of Olivias birth and the days at hospital....

Hellooo,
    Hey Mel glad olivia had a cool birthday. I guess flashbacks for us arent too far back really are they? Yuck!
    Erin - glad you are all settled and getting out and about and stuff - must be cold where you are? Having to rug charlie up? I am deperately trying to find some nice warm pants with feet in them in a big size for Beau as he will NOT keep his socks on! LOL at Charlies 'naughty' finger! I have to get beau out of the pram now to press the buttons at the lights or he cracks it!
    Kris - glad you and the boys are better and had a nice break away, sorry you are nauseous! I got my period today so i am off to get my prescription filled when Beau wakes up.
    Kel- hugs for your puter!
    Us - well i spent all morning cleaning and bugalugs didnt sleep so you could imagine that! For the stupid open house at lunch - and no-one came! What a waste of energy! beau is great, i just received his invites for his party and they look awesome! They have lovely bunting on them as that is his 'theme', we are going to have a morning tea on the saturday morning in the park near our house with cakes and treats, i thought that wold be easier (and cheaper) than a full blown meal! Me, i am a bit anxious with the house business and i burnt my hand really badly on the oven last night and didnt sleep till 2am cause of the pain and getting up for ice. It looks better today but i will never learn and use the potholders! (dont say anything kaz!)
    Ok enough gibbering, i am lazing while he is sleeping...i need it!

Hey Jen just wondering where you got the invites made? We are having a bbq or something here with just a few mates we know. But are looking to make a trip back to SA in June for a late party with the family & some close friends....so I'm looking to get some really nice invites made.

Hey Melissa. I hope Olivia had a wonderful birthday yesterday. How on earth has it been a year already?!!? Only 9 more days until Jambin's birthday. I can hardly believe it.

Thanks Cherie, i know time has flown by.

Olivia is getting two top teeth-the ones next to the front. The gums are red on the sides and blush white where they will pop through. I can see one has cut the gum, but not quite through. Shes having a difficult time with these, has been grumpy during the day and not sleeping great at night. Hoping they will come down quickly for her.

9 days til our wedding Busy finalising stuff. thinking of taking next week off work too.

Well got to wake the little munchkin up so I can go to work...hate doing this!

happy birthday to Phoebe for yesterday, hope you had a great day.

Love Melissa

Belated Happy Birthday Olivia

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE DARLING PHOEBE
    I cant beleive that time has flown by so quickly. I hope everyone is well.

Happy Birthday Phoebe *mwah*. Hope you had a great day hun.

Happy birthday Phoebe!
    Hey Erin a friend did them on adobe illustrator and i emailed it to officeworks to print and i will pick them up tomorrow. i saw some cute ones on the colour baby website - you can email them a photo of charlie and pick a design then they send them to you.

Hi All,

we had Olivias birthday party yesterday and it was fantastic. Although I wanted a small afternoon tea with family and close friends, about 60 people rocked up. it was great though and Olivia enjoyed herself. She had her first bit of fairy bread....covered in dirt!! We havent opened the pressies yet coz it was df's bucks night last night and he was in a rush to get out. He got home at 4am and is still in bed!!!

I have the last of birthday parties to attend today. 1 every week since mid march. Then is wedding in 6 days. And off to rye for 3 nights..baby free=sleep. Olivia has been terrible. Shes been exercising her vocal cords, practicing different ways of screaming. Its terribly frustrating, coz now she does it at the beggining of each sleep and when she wakes up. Its hard to ignore, especially in the middle of the night.

Well i still dont feel pregnant, although my areolas are bigger...yay. this time with Olivia I had 2 scans, so its very different. I havent had any bleeding like last time and the m/s isnt so bad and my boobs dont hurt. I suppose this is a good thing!! Maybe I'm having a boy?!?!? Dont think so...told adam his girly sperms are very powerful!!!

Ok, must go and work out what the real time is...daylight savings changed clocks last week and the computer's all over the place!!!

Have a good Sunday

Love Melissa

OMG.

Mel - I didn't realise you were up the duff again!

I've been very slack, back at work full time and not coping all that well. Something had to give .. bellybelly it was, unfortunately!

Happy birthday to all the munchkins ..

*hugs*
    kaz

Hello All,
    Sorry you have been unwell Kaz, I know, I got overwhelmed when I went back to work and dropped off bellybelly for a while - hope you come back real soon!
    Mel - thats awesome that you aren't exp ms like last time - who knows could be a boy! I had no ms and beau popped out! Glad you had a nice bday for livvie, now go get dh up and open those pressies! Hope you have a relaxing break away and preparing for the big day!
    Us - Beau is good - the loudest he gets is when a big plane goes over (we are in the flight path) and he yells "OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!" its pretty cute. His excema is playing up tho, he has really super dry patches that look like a rash - if he sits still for 3 minutes i am rubbing sorbolene on him! I dug out all his things that i have been keeping for winter, but most of them are 12months so he is wearing it all now before he grows out of it! I got some nowali moccassins for him cause of his icebox feet and they are great he cant get them off as easily as socks and shoes.
    Ok I am gonna put him down for a nap now hopefully.....

Hi!

Happy Birthday to the munchkins who've had b'days - Olivia and Phoebe!!!

Things are well here...although I had a killer migraine over the weekend..prob from hormones...am a bit tired but I think finally the nausea is starting to settle. Had my scan last Tue and am due on Nov 12th! Was so nice to see a little heartbeat...
    Boys are well! Dylan is so cheeky! He's learning new things everyday and I just such a gorgeous little boy...they are the best of friends and is so cute! He's running around and has the same habit as Louis did at the same age of closing all the cupboard doors behind me! LOL! He's really understanding instructions now and likes to help pack up which is cute! He's not too fussed on talking but can say uh oh very clearly as well as mum, dad, oma and is saying bubba quite well...

Erin - Glad your move went well! Wow - sounds like you've settled in really well!!

Melissa - I'm so glad Olivia had such a great day!! Wow not long to go at all!! How exciting! Glad your feeling well! Hopefully it stays that way!

Jen - ouch! Hope your hand is feeling better...sounds like a gorgeous party for Beau!
    Regarding his eczema - Dylan gets it as well and I swear The body shop hemp hand protector has worked wonders! I'm not just saying it because I sell it but seriously I use it on him and within a couple of days his skin looks so much better...he gets it mainly on his cheeks but at one time he had patches on his legs. In saying that he doesn't get it super severe or anything but noticeably red...worth a try anyway!!!

Anyone else's bubbas down to 1 sleep? Dylan is now on most days having about 2 hours over lunch...cheeky thing - some days it's only 1 1/2 and Louis is having almost more sleep than him! (Although some days Louis doesn't sleep at all...)

Kaz - So good to hear from you! I'm sure you've been super busy!!! Hope Pip is well!

Sorry - I'm sure I've missed people...I really must get to bed though!! I'm sooo tired!

Chat later!

Hi,

Kris, hope you are feeling better. Isnt it great watching these bubs grow.

Thanks kaz and good to hear from you.

We went to the MCHN yesterday and liv has grown a fair bit, now weighing 10.3kg, 76.5cm long and her head is in normal range. Got to wean her off bottles and onto cows milk. It all seems a bit daunting to me coz I know she loves her bottles. Might leave the night one for a while and work with the day one.

Got my dress today...yay, coming so fast!!

got to go, mums coming over, dont want her reading my posts and finding out I'm utd!!!

Hi!

Dylan was back at gymbaroo this morning and had a ball - we're off to swimming shortly so it's going to be a huge day!!

Mel - Wow - great check up - I'm sure she's much bigger than Dylan!! hehe. We have his check up in a couple of weeks...
    Dylans on cows milk now...he still has a bf in the morning before brekky (not much though - will wean him from that in the next week or few) then he has a cup of cows milk before bed...I used up my tin of formula last week and refuse to buy another one! LOL! Louis was on cows milk by the same time and Dylans had cows milk on his weetbix for a while...
    Yeah on getting your dress!!! Woohoo!!!

Chat later...

Heeeelllloooo?????

Wow - it's soo quiet in here! Hope you're all well!

Cherie - Happy Birthday Jambin!!! Hope you have a great 1st B'day!

Sorry if I've missed anyone else...Not many people are posting in here at the moment...

Boys are well...Dylan's surprising me each day with learning something new...little monkey climbed out of the high chair yesterday which was about 30cm from the chair and the next minute he's hanging onto the table with his hands and hanging over the edge...how he managed to hold on and not fall to the floor I have no idea...gave me such a fright!! Needless to say we have no option but to strap him in now...LOL!
    I'm off to do b'day shopping for him today...I'm not leaving the shops until I find something...hehe.

Chat later!

Hi ngirls,

Just a quicky, I'm at the library...pain in the butt that is!!

Happy Birthday Belated Pheobe!!
    Happy Birthday to Jambin!!

It's Lily's b'day party on Saturday and I'm at panic stations about making her cake...I'm not so good at making cakes, I should have just brought one! Her b'day is actually next wed. I so can't believe it has already been a whole year.

We are all well. Lil is getting cheekier by the day and I am getting fatter by the day, LOL!! I feel ok, tired, but well.

Ok that's it for now, will try to check in again soon. I hope you and your bubs and the bubs to be are all well.

Luv Kel.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast