Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #13

Hi Girls,

Last post from me today as tomorrow I am getting married and am going away for 3 nights...yay..sleeeeeepp!!!

Olivia is still a terror at night, last night it was...in bed at 830pm, awake at 3am until430am and up for good at 630am. Little bugger, I bet shes tired now!!!!

Happy birthday to everyone I miss out on. Have a great day.

Love Melissa

Hey everyone...
    I posted yesterday but the computer ate it and gave me the u know whats so i left it!
    Mel - Have a great day!!! I hope the weather is fine for you and enjoy your bub free break! At least you will get SOME sleep LOL! Honeymoon and all that!
    Kris- Dylan sounds like Beau, I cant put his highchair near anything or he will climb out! He climbs in his toy drawer which is one of the deep drawers in our tv cabinet thing and tries to climb onto the tele level which is not funny....hope you found something for the birthday boy! I havnt been working so I just put some more clothes on ebay to finance Beaus birthday extravaganza!
    Us - Beau is a super whinger and some days i think this stage is worse than the sleepless nights craziness, when he is cute he is very very but when he is a whinger - well you know I am sure! Had a fight with my mum which i never have done cause i made Beaus birthday party a saturday morning and all my brothers and there kids cant come cause they all have sport (you would think they are going to the olympics but anyway...) So more than likely it will be all my childless 30-something friends sipping coffees and talking about clothes and sex and the city movie but who cares!
    Ok rant over DH has bought seafood home so I am off to de-prawn shell!
    x

Hi!

Well, I managed to get a few toys...although Louis just wanted them! Just got him a FP little people car thing, some fp dinosaur thing and a peg and hammer toy. I swear it's the worst b'day pressies ever but he won't remember and we really have so much already...also I'm sure he'll get heaps of pressies from everyone else anyway...I ended up spending more money on Louis' new winter clothes...Couldn't believe it - but they're so spunky! I hope Dylan doesn't grow up with a hand me down complex - LOL! Although I have bought him some new outfits as well...anyway...

Kel - omg - you just reminded me about a cake!! I have no idea what to do either...I hope she has a great party though!! I'm sure it will all turn out great!

Melissa - Have a wonderful, beautiful day!!! I hope it all goes great for you! Enjoy your time away also - I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!

Jen - Awww hopefully he gets over his whingeing soon...it's just the age for seperation anxiety which makes it hard..Dylans only usually like that from about 4pm-6pm but we can keep him occupied for most of it...In saying that I think we only get away with it a bit easier because Louis is there for him to play with! LOL!
    Sorry to hear you had a fight with your mum..oh the joys of family! It makes it hard to try and cater for everyone though when everyone is so busy! I'm sure he'll have a ball with all the attention on him anyway no matter who is there! OOohhh I'm excited about the satc movie...although I'm not sure if my friends will be into it and I don't think dh will go with me - LOL!

Must go to bed...I'm so exhausted - we shopped for so long today - the kids did so well and fell asleep as soon as we got in the car...

Chat later!

Hi all,

Well we got our puter back, woohoo!!

Mel, Congrats on your wedding hun, I hope the day was as perfect as can be for you.
    Lils still not sleeping the best either. She is getting her first premolars now though, all four of them at once, poor little chicken. She has been pretty clingy and sooky, and is waking 2-3 times a night.

Jen, I hear you on the whinger bubs, Lil has been having her moments lately too.
    I hope you can sort out your birthday party woes. You'd think your family would come for a little while at least since it's his first bday and all. My nephew played soccer yesterday and we had Lils bday, and he just played half a game, then came home for the party. And 30-somethings for a party, what could be more fun?? I had a great time catching up with my friends yesterday, LOL! Lil didn't really know it was 'her' day...

Kris, you know what I got Lily for her bday?? Some of those crayola todoodles- texta, crayon and paint ones, some clothes for in between seasons, some shoes, her bday outfit and that was it. So not much at all. Though we spent a fair bit on her party. But still, no big gifts for her from us, mum and her aunt and uncles took care of that!
    I made a catterpillar cake for Lil, I put up some piccies if you want to look at it. There's a great cake website where I got the idea from, but I can't remember the name of it...I just googled 'homemade birthday cakes' and it was the first one listed. Some lovely ideas.

Well as I said, we had Lilys party yesterday, though her bday isn't until thursday. She had a ball with all the kids. She got scared when we sang happy bday, but loved the hiphip hoorays and clapped when she hears them so cute!! There's a few piccies in my gallery if you want to take a look. She got a whole new wardrobe of clothes for gifts which is good since we didn't have many wintery/in between clothes. And she got heaps of toys- a pram, a push along bike, about four dolls, some talking/teaching toy things...sooo much. I will have to pack away her other toys to fit them in, LOL!
    I am absolutely buggered todad and fell asleep at about 8.30 last night. Unfortunately Lil was up a couple of times so I didn't sleep all that well . DH is on holidays now for a few weeks so I can get a full night tonight.
    Ok that's it for now, must go. Happy Sunday ladies.

Kris - LOL at the satc movie - i think we will be moved by the time it comes out so i will see it solo - sometimes i like that more tho! glad you found dylan some gifts, i saw a cute ride on trike that has that handle thing behind so you can push them like a stroller? I think i might get him that. mmm i think regarding the cake i am going to attempt a number one....eeks!
    Kel- Glad to know Lil is a whinger too - Beau is carrying on right now, as soon as his walker thing hits any obstacle he cracks it. Sounds like Lily had a fantstic bday and got deservedly spoilt, love the handclapping! I am going to check out the pics right now!
    Us - Beau took one single step today which was super cute and great! He is on his way! Yay! I have started mixing a little full cream milk in his formula too, a little bit a day but yesterday he had a very red bottom and a little blood so i hope he isnt intolerant.
    I have been feeling a little flat and am looking forward to the fresh start soon up the coast. And fresh people IYKWIM? I am going to chuck work in too once we move up there.
    Ok better releive the whinger grabbing my jeans!
    xxx

Oh Kel she looks so cute and grown up!

Yayyy, someone else has posted...I keep on having a peek in here and everyone must be busy! Except me....

Awww, shucks Jen....thanks I think she's pretty cute too, but I'm her mum, I'm biased. And yes she is growing up. It really does go all too fast. I can't believe she's almost one. I was thinking just before I got out of bed what I was doing this time last year, and I was in labour. It brought back memories. I had a little cry and then realised that I will be doing it all again so soon! I wrote Lily a little note in her birthday card from me. I think I will make it a tradition to write a little something every birthday about how special she is to me. She really is my little angel girl. Aww...now I'm gonna get all emotional! I'm such a big sook
    Yay on Beau taking steps. It won't be long until he's walking now. I would bet it will be before he's 1. I started with the cows milk about the same stage with Lily too, though I only did one bottle a day, the first of the day so if it reacted with her, I could see. Now we're on every bottle with 2parts formula, one part cows milk. She had a bit of an upset tummy after a few days with the milk too. I gave her a rest off it as well as custard cheese and yogurt for two days, the started again slowly and now she's fine, so maybe it's just a bit much for him all at once, kwim? I didn't take into account that I put cows milk in her cerial and give her yogurt, cheese and custard too, so I think all of it together was just overload for her tum.
    I hope your move is what you need. I'd so love to move away from here. But finances are wayyyyy too tight to do anything at the mo. I'd love to move near the beach. It was all quiet here this morning (I live on a main road so it is very rarely quiet here) no cars, or school kids or anything and it was the best sound, just hearing the birds and the trees for a change, rather than them being drowned out by trucks and kids screaming. Where are you going? I know I asked before and it's up the coast, but you know...baby/mummy brain!

Well, I finally bit the bullet and put Lily's cot into her room yesterday. Ohhh, my baby!! She seemed so far away! But all was fine she sleeps fine in her room, and I heard her in the night when she cried, so no worries. I slept better too, cause I didn't hear her grumble all night . I am also trying to wean her off being rocked to sleep, but gently. I really couldn't handle any crying matches at the moment, I am so over emotional at the moment, damn hormones! I am just holding her no patting or rocking now and we are down to 7mins, I do less every few days. So far so good. It seems to be working. I am also trying to wean her from her night bottle, giving her less every few days, then we'll go onto water. She's only having 100mls now. I so hope it works. I know she can sleep the night through, she just doesn't!! Except when we're at mums, grrrr!!
    Anyhow, that's it, I should go and wash dishes....oh the joys, what an extravagant life I wouldn't have it any other way . I hope you and your bubs are all well, Bye!!

Hiya!
    Hey Kel I know...we are all so busy! Our finances are very tight here thats why we are downsizing (not the size of the house but our mortgage!), we are looking for quality of life now with bubs around, I mean I walk in my area and love all the cool shops and cafes but I think about Beau fishing and swimming etc and it makes it all better! We are looking on a lake on the central coast, as long as we are waterfront, i reckon I can handle it! We are going to start buying, renovating and selling more often, we have done it twice now. DH is a carpenter by trade and I am the decorating queen so we make a good combo! we have a few contracts out on our house now and the auction is in a week so fingers crossed!
    Yeah I think i am going to perservere with Beau and the cows milk and do the combo in the bottle. He is kind of off yoghurt at the moment but solid feeding now is a bit of a nightmare, he is spitting it out on purpose, so I am letting him feed himself which is MESSY! but he eats!
    That sounds good weaning lil off - gosh my arms would break if i had to lull Beau off now, he is a jumbo! And I mean, you will need to be hopefully put her down without any fuss soon too! Beau has been adorable the past few nights and puts his arms above his head and closes his eyes when i put him in his cot. I feed him his last bottle in his room and then pop him in and shut the door, sometimes he whinges but mostly not. Is there anything you do differently at your mums??
    Oh! The other thing that has happened, I have started hooking Beaus bottle of water on his cot bars when i go to bed and when he wakes up (6am) he finds it and sucks on that for about 30-45min! More sleep for me! He loooovvvesss his water bottle (with the handles on the side) and i think he uses it instead of a dummy as most of the time he is just sucking air. Anyway I just discovered this, you guys have prob been doing it forever! I think he is going thru a mental growth leap atm but, he seems ready to say another word...lets hope its mummy!
    Um....ok, working tomorrow yick! Best dash B is in his toy drawer.
    xx

Hi All,

I am back a married women!!! The wedding was great, the weather was perfect and it all ran pretty smoothly. We announced our pregnancy which sent a few people into emotional wrecks....even my dad started crying, it was so beautiful. The night was great too and boy did we get some $$$. We didnt want pressies coz we have all our stuff in the house, so asked for cash. mmmmm didnt think we'd do so well. Straight on the mortgage. We did splash out for our honey moon

I havent seen Olivia since Saturday. Shes been at mums since Friday night and I will pick her up tomorrow morning. I wonder hows shes doing. I called about 2 days ago..i miss the little moo. BUT I have slept through for the past 4 nights. I ant tell you how good I feel. Mum said shes sleeping through at her place...little bugger!! Lets hope she continues.

Happy Birthday to those I have missed.

Hello to everyone and hope you are all well.

Love Melissa

HI girlies,

First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL!! I have been reminiscing all day of what I was doing at this time...by now I think I was off with the fairies!! After 24hrs of labour, I was buggered.

Jen, ikwym re quality of life over quantity. We used to live in st leonards (a rather expensive suburb in sydney, for those who don't know!!) with cafes and stores and so close to the city and as much as I absolutely LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat if we could afford it, we just couldn't do it financially and have kids. I really don't like the suburb we're in now and as soon as I go back to work for 4 or so days, we will be moving, but at the moment it isn't worth it for us to sell up. We want to keep this place as the rent would be more of an investment than selling, kwim? Then we'll buy a house somewhere nice. I so can't wait for that time, though it will still be a fw yrs away. Good luck with your auction, I hope it all goes well.
    As for the sleep plan it is going well. Tonight she was out in about 4mins! And no there is nothing I do any differently at mums, I have no idea why she sleeps there...maybe she likes the porta cot better?? I don't know! Though last night she woke later than usual, about 3ish instead of 1, so maybe she's getting it?? And she slept il 7.30 instead of 6-6.30. I hope she sorts it out, I at least want a little while of full nights sleeps before bubba comes, lol!

Mel, so good to hear from you. It sounds like you had a beautiful day, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well, I have had a pretty boring day. I had a first aid course today, my thousandth refresher course. I have to have it for work, ugh!! THough better than being at work with 20 feral kids on a rainy day We had an early mark too, so only a 6hr day for normal whole days pay, yay! That was it though, then I got to spend the arvo with my little angel and DH. Loverly!!

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all well. Tah tah!!

hey all,

Happy birthday lily, hope you had a great day.

Olivia is walking now. OMG...went to get her from mums yesterday and they showed me. I think they spent the last 5 days trying to teach her...with success.

She slept well at mums and our first night back with her was average!!! mmmm it must be a nana thing. Olivia slept in the port a cot too, so maybe she finds it more comfy??? I am still waiting for the sleep school to ring back...dont know why i bother, coz they said last time she wasnt bad enough to come in. this time i assume it will be much of the same, so should just keep doing what we r doing and manage! Sorry just had to get that off my chest!!!

Ok, hope you are well

Love melissa

Hi!

Just a quick one - I'll reply properly soon - things have just been a bit mad and I've been lacking energy and motivation for anything! I can't believe I'm already 10 weeks p/g...crazy!

Happy belated Birthday Lily!!!!

I've got the house decorated for Dylan - I'm sure the boys will be very excited when they wake up (the fun is Louis gets just as much if not more out of the party thing than Dylan!) We've gone with a wiggles theme and we've got balloons up everywhere and I bought a wiggles snap game and have stuck the cards up all over the walls...I also got a wiggles happy birthday banner and tablecloth so we're all wiggled out!
    As for a cake - I've made mini cupcakes and iced them in red, blue, purple and yellow and then written happy birthday Dylan over them! I'm really happy with how it turned out considering I'm not very creative! LOL!
    Anyway...it all looks great and I'm excited for his party tomorrow! I better go and get some sleep though...

I'll catch up soon - hope you're all well!

Chat later!

Happy birthday Dylan- have a great wiggles party...sounds like fun.

I must have too much time on my hands. I reckon Im on here twice a day. It will change when I go back to work on Wednesday!!!

Tomorrow we are going to the animal farm in Doveton, yay.

Anyway got to go

Happy birthday Dylan!! I hope you all have a lovely day.

I keep on saying it but I can't believe that our bubs are one already!!

Well we have had a busy few days. I had a first aid course on thursday, then work and a girly night on friday, then shopping/grocery shopping and a 30th birthday party yesterday. Thankfully today it is a quiet one, except for visiting family tonight for dinner. I just had a nap while Lily slept, I was soo tired. I have to work tomorrow too, though it's a long weekend so I don't have to work on Friday, so still only two days working. But it really takes it out of me, especially since I don't really like it.
    She's doing well in her own room. Still waking at least once a night, but I don't hear her grumble all night so I do sleep better. I have to kick DH if it's his turn to go to her, he doesn't hear her even if she's screaming!! The only problem now is that bubba (in my belly!) is sitting quite low and I have to pee at least twice a night even if I limit what I drink at night... . We have gotten down to about 4mins of holding her before she's relaxed enough to put to bed. I have even put her down awake a few times if she's really tired after a short cuddle.
    The weather is absolutely miserable here, has been for about a week already and its supposed to rain for the week again. I have a mountain of washing to do and no dryer to dry it in. The beds need changing, but I don't want to add to my washing mountain!

Ok enough of my waffling...I'm going now, happy Sunday to everyone

Hello all,
    Gosh the weather is so yuck at the moment LOL Kel , I just finished changing all our beds and have shoved all the sheets in the machine to hide them! We have aline inside our back room so I have jut tried to get some washing dry before our open on Wednesday! Not a good look!
    Beau is starting to wake up once a night now, and wants a cuddle and his water bottle. He is soaked thru in the morning tho when he has it from wee so I want to cut it out so I guess a crying session is due in the night tonight....
    Mel - Congrats on your nuptuals! Must have been so weird without Olivia for you for that long! I think these nanas might be "not hearing" these babies in the night or something whadya think? Thats hilarious that they were teaching her to walk for 5 days! Thats great now she is off! Glad you got some rest too.
    Kel - Good lily is a lttle better with her settling routine, Beau is fabulous to settle at hte moment, I feed him and put him in his cot and he stretches his arms above his head and doenst make a peep, like he knows or something? LOL at kicking DH to get up, mine is the same, but i always get up tp him anyway, our house is too small, and i would just hear every peep anyway! Plus happy birthday LIL!
    Kris - Happy Birthday Dylan! Sounds like a super cute wiggly party! HOpe you enjoy it!
    Question- what is everyone putting the bubs in now its colder? I dont to get a sleeping bag for him (enough wrapping weaning for life so i cant go there!) and he wont stay tucked in, at the moment he is wearing a singlet, onesie, long sleeve t or two or a sloppy joe and trackies and moccassins! Help!
    ok better go and show my face to my boys....

Jen, at the moment Lily is in her fleecy onsie or flannie jarmies with pants tucked into socks and top tucked into pants. I then cover her with her minkie comfort blankie, and try to kind of wrap it around her and then cover her with a cotton waffle blanket. At the moment she usually stays covered, though a few times I have gone into check her and she's out of it. Although it doesn't seem to bother her yet. I will start to use her sleeping bag soon.
    If you don't want to do a sleeping bag, you can get onsies from target that are thick fleecie material and slightly bigger than the sizes they are so you can put it on top of their jarmies kwim? HTH!!

Thanks Kel,
    I will investigate Target on Thursday when i am in the land of adults (work)! They sound pretty perfect, although i am sure scary winnie the pooh type designs! Oh well, at least he will be cosy LOL!
    Gosh, Beau stirred at 5:30am but must have found his water bottle and then slept till 8:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! He went to bed at 6:30pm so thats, like, nearly 14hrs!
    He is back nappng now bless him so i better go and pretend to tidy the house
    x

Hi all!!

Jen, I hope those suits are good for B. I went to target to get some myself today, but they only had boyish ones. I should have just gotten one anyway...oh well. I tried Lily in her sleeping bag and she hated it. She took ages to go to sleep even after I took it off! There are thick onsies in best and less too if you're interested. They're only $20, though they aren't lined like the ones in target, so not as thick, maybe good for now though since its not really cold yet.
    Lucky you having such a great sleep from Beau! I wish Lily would do that one of these days.

We had a tough night last night. She wouldn't let me put her down in bed every time I did she cried even if she was asleep in my arms. So much for teaching her to put herself to sleep! She's going backwards. I think she's been missing me. Separation anxiety seems to have settled in with a vengance. She screamed the house down on monday cause I did an extra days work and she stayed with DH. I'ts not as if she's going to some one different's house. She's home with her father! Not even at nanny's house, grrr! TOnight I was in there for 20mins trying to settle her to get her to bed and after 3 attempts she was finally down! And I ended up bringing her to our bed in the we hours of this morning cause she wouldn't go back to bed. And you know where she slept...on my face. Her face was on mine literally, she was laying on my arm and curled around my belly with one leg on mine. So so cute...for about 10mins until I wanted to roll over! I have tried to be with her all day, we went out shopping together and I have been down on the floor with ehr all day, but it didn't seem to change anything. I hope she snaps out of it soon.
    Hi to everyone else. I hope you and your bubs are going well

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast