Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007

Hi!

We went shopping today and I bought some gorgeous little 000 trackies and jumpers - sooo cute. He's not ready to go in them yet but won't be long.
    Also had to sort out our toddler seat as they gave us the wrong one so have to wait until Thursday for the right one to come in - was very annoying not having when we were shopping as dh had to carry Louis! (He can walk but runs away cos he's cheeky!)
    We've decided to invest in a baby cocoon carrier thing as unless we take our pram everywhere we've got nowhere to put him! lol. Will be very handy for visiting people etc and him having a "bed" to sleep in rather than us holding him - will also keep my hands free for running after Louis...don't know why I didn't think of this before but oh well!

We had a really bad night last night - ended up feeding nearly every hour but he'd only take one side and then fall back asleep. Anyway..I'm so tired today...hopefully tonight will be better. I think it was partly my fault as I kept falling asleep when feeding so he basically did as he pleased which was snack all night...then I'd fall asleep when I was burping him so he'd be asleep on my chest until I woke again...so tiring.

Iona - Sorry to hear about your cracked nipples - hope they heal for you soon. Have you tried lansinoh cream?? I've found it really helpful on my nipples and it's safe to put on for bubba...

Caro - Sorry to hear your having a rough time - I'm sure your daughter will come around in time...I understand how hard it can be having the two - I'm very nervous about being on my own next week but I figure I can only do what I can do...I haven't had tears yet but I'm sure they'll arrive next week! hehe.

Krysalyss - Glad to hear your going well!!

Danni - Hope your mchn appt went well! Wow on the weight gain - what's he up too?

Disgirl - Thats great everythings going so well!!! How much does Ben weight now??

Melissa - Glad you have things sorted with the feeding - we each have to do what works for both us and bubba!

Christy - Hi! How great that your all doing so well!! You never know - she may stay cruisy!!
    Last edited by Krisvee; May 1st, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

Caro - great big hugs to you!! Hopefully things will start to settle down soon for you

Kristie - got the lansinoh cream yesterday and have been lathering it on as much as possible so that I can get back to bfing Luke. I emailed ABA and they say that it could be caused by nipple confusion as we were giving him water before feeds for wind and mark was starting to feed him a bottle of express milk once a day. so back to cutting out them. Got some infant's friend for the wind tho so will try that out as well

Danni - glad to hear that MAson is doing well. How did the appt go??

mason now weighs 3350grams!! He doesnt look any bigger than birth though

Kristie: We have the valco cocoon and it is priceless! We use ours all the time. Well worth it!

The nurse just weighed him and checked I was feeling well etc. Next week is the appt where they measure and do the full check up

Hi!

Iona - I'm sure you'll get back on track soon!

Danni - Ooh good - I can't wait to get it! It's amazing how quickly they grow though!

Hi all,

No time fo rpersonals, though thought I'd quickly post.

We had a pretty bad night and day. Lily hardly slept and was really unsettled last night- I think I jinxed myself by saying how good a sleeper she was at night! She also only cat napped today and woke whenever I put her into her cradle. I tried feesing her to sleep and sleeping with her but even then she wouldn't sleep. We couldn't put her down or she'd cry and she was feeding every two hours.... Finally at about two this arvo, she fell asleep and she's STILL sleeping. I think I'll have to wake her to feed and try to get her to sleep for the most of night like she was before.

Anyway must go, I hoep everyone is doing well.

Kel.

Hi ladies

Kristie - we have the valco cocoon as well, I agree with Danni - its very usefull. I had a bad night the other night as well, Kaan was up every 2 hours and wouldnt settle. I think we just have to get used to having some nights like that.

Danni - ur little boy sounds like mine, we just had our 2 week visit and he has put on 500grams in a week, so thats 1kg since we left hospital. He has also grown 3.5cm. BF is well worth the effort when you get those kind of results.

Iona - i was also giving my boy expressed milk from a bottle, i found that he got confused so I stopped it, now he feeds really well from the breast. Hope it works for you too.

Kel- Hope you are doing better. Dont worry i think we are all in the same boat, most nights are good, but every now and then we have a very bad night - unsettled and dont want to sleep. I find that he falls asleep in my arms, but starts crying when i put him down - and this usually happens in his morning feeds.

Welcome Christy, nice to have another baby girl in here.....too many of us have boys.
    My nipples are also sore when he first latches on - hope it gets better!!

Ok, im off for another feed. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi!

Kel - Sorry to hear you've had a rough night/day - It's good you've had a break this arvo though - Hope she sleeps well for you tonight!

Sammy - You are very right! Bad nights are just part of it all in these early weeks (months - lol) Wow on the weight gain - thats fantastic!

Finally I have got Dylan down for the last two sleeps in his bassinette - hopefully it will stay that way from now. The bouncer is so not a great place for him to sleep as I think his little chin is down on his neck and he makes all sorts of snuffling noises...Just gave him a bath and he decided to vomit afterwards...not as bad some of them but not good straight after a bath - lol!
    I'm noticing that he's becoming more alert at the moment and starting to wiggle and kick around a lot more. It's so exciting watching bubbas grow and develop!

Off to bed - chat tomorrow!

deedeeze Guest

Hi Ladies, I have finally moved over to the baby buddies! Lots of little boys in here!!

Our son Rhys Jacob was born on 26th April at 1.13am (same day as Hazel) and weighed 3085g. He has very long legs and big feet and if his grandparents have any say in it will be drafted by the Lions to play AFL before he is 10!

I'm coping fine so far but this is probably as my MIL is practically living here. She left last night so lets see what happens now..

BF is a challenge. Sore nipples and like some others it hurts to begin with. The nurse is due today so lets see if she has any suggestions.

Goodmorning all,

Deanne, welcome! I was so happy when I found this thread- it's nice to have others to compare experiences with.
    It helps to have that extra pair of hands doesn't it? My DH has been home for the past few weeks but goes back to work on Friday. I'm a bit nervous! I have been on my own with her, but still, it will be 12+ hours of just her and me...without being able to call DH to come home, LOL! Oh well I have to get used to it!!

Well we had a great night again last night, thankfully Lily went back to sleep after her marathon sleep in the evening. I ended up having to wake her at 8pm for a feed because my boobs were so full, luckily she ate like a piggy! She was back in her usual 3-3 1/2 hour routine last night and slept until 7:30 this morning.

BF is still challenging for me and I really don't enjoy it at all, though I'm going to perservere(sp?) for at least 6 weeks to see if it gets easier.

We're going to try going to mums again today. We'll see how we go. Last time Lily was really unsettled by the end of it and we had to come home. I was stressed out too with my neice (3) and nephew (6) attacking Lily every time she moved!

Kristie, We're lucky in that Lily seems to like her cradle and sleeps in it most of the time. THe only time she doesn't is during the day really and only if she's really unsettled, like yesterday.

My angel is starting to stir, so I must go.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Kellie.

Hi!

Dee - Congrats on your little boy!! Glad your doing so well!

Kel - Yeah on a great night! I promise bf gets easier!!! I definitely had times when I wanted to give up but I'm so glad I persevered! I fed Louis until he was 12 1/2 months old and by then it was so easy! In saying that though - do whatevers right for you! It's more important to keep your sanity!
    Hope you go well at your Mums! My niece and nephew are a bit that way as well - can make it a bit hard sometims!

We had a pretty good night last night - have managed to get Dylan down all night in his bassinette so we seem to be on the right track there...He even went the longest between feeds - 4h 15min which meant I got a good 3 hour solid sleep.
    Had my first cry though last night as I was just soooo tired. Dh sent me out to sleep on the couch so I couldn't here Dylans little noises. It normally doesn't bother me but you know when your so overtired that anything is annoying! hehe.

Desperate to get the housework done today and I'm off for a shower - I've got chuck all over me...he's such a sicky baby...

Hi All. Just a quick one to see if my new ticker works! Got my Mum and Grandparents coming over very soon for a visit, so can't say much but will check in again later.

Darn, why didn't that work? Maybe need to cut and paste a different version?

Dee: welcome! Rhys was born on my birthday!

We had an awful night. Mason was so unsettled, and Dh was overtired and so cranky.

I lost it and bawled my eyes out for hours..I felt awful.

Luckily I slept from 11am to 1pm while Dh watched him.

Oh Danni - big hugs!! I can totally relate...It does tend to get harder the longer we go without sleep as well...These cheeky monkeys for staying up all night! So glad you got a nap in today...
    When does dh go back to work??

Christy - Yep - try another version?? you can preview your signature as well to see if it's working...Good luck!

Hi girls - i have been reading but not posting which i know is very rude of me but every time i go to write something one of my princesses demands me or my phone rings from someone at work with questions!

All ia going relly well here though, i have a much easier baby this time compared to victoria! I am getting enough sleep most days - the ones im not, i am a grumpy emotional thing but thats all part of having had a baby!! Bfding is going well, i have one side that is a bit sore but only coz it gets so full compared to the other one! I'm not sure what thats about.

Sorry - i have to get going, my big princess is calling me!

I just got sent this by my sister and thought you girls might appreciate it!!

Pregnancy, Estrogen and Women
    Pregnancy Q &A &more!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
    A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now When will my baby move?
    A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
    A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
    A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
    A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
    A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
    A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
    A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
    A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
    A: When the kids are in college.

"ESTROGEN ISSUES"
    10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
    2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
    3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
    4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
    5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-".
    6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
    7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space".
    8. You can't believe they don't make a tampon bigger than Super Plus.
    9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
    10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday..

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND
    10. Cats' facial expressions.
    9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.
    8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.
    7. Fat clothes.
    6 Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.
    5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.
    4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.
    3. Eyelash curlers.
    2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One Number One thing only women understand :

1. OTHER WOMEN

thanks for that cindy

Kristie: Dh is back at work next monday...im so worried

Danni, my DH is back at work on Sunday night (= daytime Monday) too. My mum has offered to come and stay for a few days though because Dad's going away for a blokes weekend, so that might save me for another week.

Don't have much time to post (surprise, surprise!) so I'll be quick. I am reading how everybody is going though, it's good to share these experiences.

Does everybody have their bub's in their own rooms right now? When is a good time to move them into their own room? Should we wait til Ben outgrows his bassinette or move him sooner?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast