Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #2

Beatrix/Nessa my DD is Greer Monet.
    but I call her too posh to be pushed

hello everyone!!!!

Just a quick hi to everyone, hope everyones doing well! Oh sharon your so right about the lack of sleep thing! By gawd I only got 2 hrs sleep last night and none today cause I have my 3 year old DD home with me altho little Ryley has been asleep this arvy for 3 hrs now!!! I was crying the other night to my husband, saying "Im doing a terrible job! I suck at this whole new mumma thing!" he thinks its just lack of sleep getting to me makes you go insane how do we manage to get by?

I cant seem to get a photo up of Ryley to show everyone I am hopeless with it can anyone help?

Danielle,
    Click on gallery - add or upload photo and follow the prompts.
    I think we all think we are doing a bad job when it comes to number 2 as we don't have enough sleep or time for the first child, but people keep telling me that the older one is still young enough not to remember it all. I don't think I could do it with my DS at home all the time. Can you get your old one to lay down with you and read a book just so you get a bit of rest??

Argh! How much do you guys want to chat? I can't possibly digest all this...:P

Right. Sympathy on the thrust Steph, we had that with Riv too - we were prescribed the Nilstat drops, but never filled out the script, the MCHN told us to use (I think it's called) Daktarin mouth gel, they tend not to recommend it anymore because some nuffs give it in a chunk which babies can choke on, but if you rub it in their mouth and on your nipples...well, eventually it cleared up for us. I got told to use lanolin as a barrier cream on nipples too, because breastmilk is so rich in nutrients, thrush can thrive. And change breastpads frequently. All the best with clearing it up!

Who wanted details? Tarnee?
    Nelle
    River (Sept 06) he's a boy.
    Silas (March 30...okay, so I snuck in here, but I was due April 1, and besides, March is way too massive for this bewildered brain) oh, he's a boy too. :P

Ah, gotta go.

Hey guys thought i would pop in and say hi.

Hayley is doing great, she is such a good baby, sleeps for 4 hrs at a time although last night she slept for 7 hours straight i had to wake up and check her, she has so far slept for 3 hrs this afternoon.

She has a bit of a cold which she got off her big sister who got it from school so maybe she is sleeping alot to fight that off.

She is breastfeeding great and is a little chumbawumba.

On her 5-10day check up she was back up to her birth weight plus a little more and had grown 2cm.

just curious what does thrush look like on the nipples? does it make the nipples sting and sore? Bubbys got white stuff in his mouth I thought it was dried up milk or something though is this possible? its got me thinking now..... cause Im so sore my nipples are and hes screaming all of the time... wonder if its possible we have thrush? It really looks like dried up milk in his mouth though I think, cause he gets it all on his lips from feeding too?

Danielle
    hope this helps:
    Symptoms
    The most common symptom is nipple pain and/or breast pain.
    Nipple thrush pain is often described as burning, itching, or stinging and may be mild to severe. The pain is usually ongoing and is not resolved with improved positioning and attachment of your baby to the breast. Your nipples may be tender to touch and even light clothing can cause pain.
    Breast thrush pain can vary. It has been described as a stabbing or shooting pain, a deep ache or a burning sensation that radiates through the breast. It may be present in one or both breasts.
    It is characteristic for this pain to be experienced both immediately after and between feeds.
    Signs
    There are usually no obvious signs of thrush on your nipples. However some signs may be present and include:
    the nipple/s may appear bright pink; the areola may be reddened, dry or flaky. Rarely a fine white rash may be seen
    nipple damage (e.g. a crack), which is slow to heal
    signs of thrush may be present in your baby's mouth and/or on your baby's bottom. Thrush in the mouth appears as a thick white coating on the tongue and/or white spots on the inside of the cheeks. Thrush on the baby's bottom appears as a bright red rash with spots around it which does not clear without anti-fungal treatment.

I stupidly decided to try driving today and took DS to the doctor for his rash on his face - which could be thrush. Any way now I am in pain in c-section land again, so obviously driving isn't a good idea just yet.

evening all,

alittlegrubi - Shoegal - Tarnee: Just a quick note, thanks for your lovely comments. I seen it done on a website,(Purple Stork :: Photo birth announcements) and copied it in my own programs, then went to Harvey Norman to print a heap out to give as thank you cards to people. Only cost me $5 in end.
    * I can try and do yours for you, just not sure on time frame, new baby and DS at home 24/7. I mean it could take me a few days to get done, you will have to email me over the photos to personal email account just PM me and I will send it over. No need for fee, I enjoy doing it. As you can tell I love my photography. I need about 5-10 none blurred photos. I can crop and resize them from there and I can email you back over when done. Have a look at the site above, to see if their is a type you like, and I will try and get it like that. Bacground have to be one plain colour eg, black, white, green, blue, pink, yellow, orange. Anyway really as long as it all on colour.

~Beatrix~ I have tried a few time to try and post photos in galley with no luck. If there is an easy way please explain. (idiot directions if you don't mine)

Well Wyatt asleep in arms, so am off to bed, and put him down and get some much needed rest.

Cheers
    Sarah

Sure Sarah

Ok if you go into gallery

ETA just looked and you have done it!! beautiful pics

Ok, just figure it out, but how do I make them private, and not in the general galley. Would like them under mine, so when someone goes into my galley they will only see my photo'd no everyone elses.

Grubbi: Thanks so much for that info! oh my god I think I definitely have thrush int he breasts, all of those symptoms me and my baby have! argh! So do you have it too? I think the only reason I have pain now is from that! it hurts just to wear a bra. Oh and Im with you with the whole driving thing too grubbi... I have been driving on the weekend and ended up real sore afterwards, you sorta dont realise huh, you think your feeling ok and walking ok so you think you'll be fine then by the end of it your walking like you were the day after theatre again, thats how it goes for me anyhows. I want to start exercising now but know its not the greatest idea only 3 weeks out of major abdominal surgery having a c section really does suck puts you back from bein able to do alot for quiet sometime.

does anyone know if the doctor can give you anything for thrush in the breast? or anything like that? I am certain I have it now. maybe if we can get rid of that we can successfully breastfeed without any pain fingers crossed! cause bubby looks at me with this twinkle in his eye everytime i give him formula and turns his head naturally in the direction of my boob, he so doesnt wanna come off his mummas boobie!

thanks again grubbi.

Danielle Nelle posted
    the MCHN told us to use (I think it's called) Daktarin mouth gel.... if you rub it in their mouth and on your nipples...well, eventually it cleared up for us. I got told to use lanolin as a barrier cream on nipples too, because breastmilk is so rich in nutrients, thrush can thrive. And change breastpads frequently. All the best with clearing it up!
    I'd say give that a try - or go to the chemist and ask them for something for it.

thanks! I am going to the doctors tomorrow now to see what he has to say about it too, my poor little boy thats probably why hes been crying all the time... awww now I feel bad, have to get on top of it now clear it up for the both of us, we will both be happier for it!

Hi there girls. I am new to this thread, my darling boy was born on 30th April, but was due 5th May, so I was in the May belly buddies group. So, you April girls won't know me as yet. Just a quick post to let you know I am here, as have to get back to bubs, i will try and drop back in tomorrow.

Crikey you girls have chatted up a storm today.

Beatrix if we didn't have a waterbed I would probably do some co-sleeping too.
    Danielle I felt so silly when I started crying today, but I realise that our hormones are still out of whack. It is so easy to doubt our skills as a mother when we are tired and bub's are screaming.
    sarah ditto to what everyone else is saying, your photos are gorgeous.
    Grubi I have a book called Baby Love, by Robin Barker, she is an Australian Dr (got to meet her at a baby expo 6 years ago) and she says the same thing about them not learning 'bad habits'
    Tarnee Jordan was like that too, and we think that it was because when he was on our chest he could hear/feel our heartbeat and it relaxed him as that was what he could hear in the womb, probably has nothing to do with it at all but it sounded good at the time LOL hopefully she goes back to normal soon, or at least will stay asleep once you put her in her bed.
    Leyla couldn't stand not having a shower, I usually have one at night when DH is home and if Oliver is crying he can take over for 10-15 mins. Do you have a bouncer or something that he would be happy to lie in that you can put in the bathroom with you while you have your shower?
    Shoegal that is a great weight gain for Baxter, keep up the good work.
    Marlene welcome to our group I look forward to chatting with, you have a little cutie there.

Oliver has been much better tonight so far (touch wood) I think that he may have just woken himself up too much last night due to being really hungry, doing a poo halfway through feed so that I then had to change him again so that woke him more, then wind pain and then he just wanted to stay awake. I have just fed him not long ago, and I am about to head off to bed, he stayed very sleepy during his feed so I am confident he will stay asleep till next feed.

Hi to everyone else I missed (sorry)

for me, see you all tomorrow.

Yaaaay! I finally worked out how to downsize my photo of Ryley to add it into my ticker! woo-hoo! chubby little thing! hehe

Sorry all - I contributed heaps to chatting up the storm yesterday - was very bored and Greer insisted on being held so I spent most of the day at the PC - will try to control myself today.
    Sharon - So glad to hear that bad habits won't start this early... I like my co-sleeping to help bond and ensure that I get sufficient rest to not be Grumpy Bear with DH and DS.
    Have to keep reminding myself that I have 3 weeks of recovery left and start looking after myself a bit more, because I'm developing bad habits of eating quick fix - bad for me foods and not getting enough rest.
    Goodluck :goodluck2:today Danielle with getting boobies fixed - hopefully it will improve the whole baby experience for you. I agree with Sharon and the others about not beating yourself up over not BF if you can't or it's not enough, the do what you need to in order to ensure you and Ryley are happy. I comp fed in hospital too. MWs are told that they mustn't promote BF substitutes so they will push you to BF.

Hi all

Sarah - thanks heaps for the offer. I might even take you up on that - just have to take some really good photos.

Grubi - I didn't have a C-Sect but am still finding it hard to get housework etc done. I don't know how anyone who has had a C-Sect is able to manage without a lot of help - I take my hat off to you.

Danielle - hope you get the thrush cleared up - it is great to have a forum to help work these problems out isn't it?? I wouldn't have even known what thrush looks like before!

In regards to exercising - even those who had VBs are not really supposed to get in to the exercise thing until after 6 weeks (to give your bits time to move back into place and for your pelvic floor to recover). My physio advised just short walks - no yoga, gym, weights, or cardio. I am busting to get back into it - but don't know when I would find the time anyway.

Had a shocker yesterday and last night - Charlotte had excrutiatingly painful wind - it broke my heart (and I ended up a blubbering mess). We slept on the recliner all night and then crawled into bed about 5am where she would only sleep with me cuddling her. She didn't feed as much as normal (why would you want to when it upsets your tummy??) but has settled this morning (fingers crossed). Given that I have been eliminating everything from my diet that is supposed to cause wind/upsets, I just don't get it - I think it could be the Fenugreek??? So, I have stopped taking that too.

So, I am a bit tired and emotional today - think I will have to go to the shops just to get out of the house (given that I couldn't even get out of my PJs yesterday!!) Hopefully that will lift my mood.

Take care everyone.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast