Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #3

Hi Girls.
    Thanks For the reply Fire . Yes the spinich bit's description is definatly appropriate. As for his nasty belly ache, we have narrowed it down to either OJ or peanuts, posibly both. I think it may be the Peanuts as I've been drinking OJ since the day Hunter was born. but peanut butter and Satays are fairly new comers to the diet. Also a couple of times when changing his nappy I though "hmmm you smell like peanut butter!" but didn't really twig untill this morning. He didn't sleep from midnight onwards, screaming the whole time. DH finally got him to sleep at about 9am. we are all buggered.

Sara can so relate to the MIL thing! I wish I could be rid of mine, or atleast stand up to her the way you do. Glad things are better with DP.

Afternoon all,

Haven't had a bad day so far, we went for a walk over to town, at 11am and got back around 3pm. It was a long day out legs/gron area very sore. Is anyone else experience this problem when they go for a long walk?? Wyatt now weights 5.96kg, so he has put on 1.46kg since birth. Not bad for a 6 weeks old lump. Oh when does the groth spurt end? Wyatt seems to be going through it now, hence is why I could have thrown him across room the other night. He was such a good baby before that during the day. Nights haven't changed much, might do an extra top up or up early but nothing to bad.

Zennie: Again, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Danielle: Making a plan and keeping to a plan are two different things. But fingerscrossed we will. How are things going with you and family? I think it's just MIL in general that are just B*T*H's, I get along with my ex's mother great now we have taken him out of picture. Current MIL my only problem is, my children are not treated as equal to SIL kids.

Grubi: That is so cute your DS saying "I come with you Mummy". Mine would stay with DH 'cos he is the softie, and give the kids everything.
    *Look us woman have to change to take care of a baby over night, their is not trial period so we have to make the best. Men on the other hand just can't handle fast change. They have the same about of time us woman have had to get used to the idea of a new baby, yet some just Pain in bum about it.
    * I hope both of out men get better soon enough and help us out more.

Fire: When do men get over baby blue? Us woman only tend to have a bad day here or there, but he just seem to be all the time.

Sharon: When do you find out how DH went at his job interview? That is a bummer your friend selling your ticket. Never really got into Sex in the City at all. I do hope you get their and enjoy UR time. DD Kung Fu centre are having a funraiser for cancer, so we brought ticket to go and see the new Kung Fu Panda. Can't wait DH can sit with his in main area and I will go into baby box with Wyatt.

Question for all: Has anyone taken their baby to movies and what did you take them in, pram, baby carrier etc?

Sorry to all I have missed. This post has nearly taken me 40minutes, DD is hold Wyatt, so I can get it done...
    I should get something for Dinner started but what?? Any idea for quick and easy, lovley tasting home cooked food?

Cheers
    Sarah

Liam's grown another 1/2 centremetre and put on another 300 gms this week. Good boy!

He's now smiling and 'cooing' a heck of a lot which the CYH nurse said was quite good for his age.

One of the things I did last night (to get the long sleep) was to put the shirt I'd been wearing on top of his bedclothes. I saw Current Affair last night with Pinky McKay who said to do this for babies with 'separation anxiety' so they can still smell you. Seemed to work for us!

Liam's broken out in a bit of a rash so we're going to stop using the bath products on him in case that's causing it. The nurses tell me you only 'need' water anyway...

Hello to everyone - it's getting hard to do a lot of personals due to the size of our big group! And of course none of us getting much time to post!!

Lisy, if spinach fits then that's a good sign. I believe "normal" bfed poos are orange mustard, green sludge, spinach flecks or a combination of all. Any deviation from that may not be so normal. Currently we are in the orange mustard tinged with spinach flecks department. Although he had a big green sludge one today. All this poo talk must make you all hungry for dinner, eh?

Peanuts are a troublesome food. I hope it's not that, but then at least you'll know what it is if it is peanuts. Ci's poos smell like vinegar a lot. His breath smells like caramel or vanilla yoghurt - I must have some sweet milk!

I haven't taken babe to the movies yet, Sarah, but if I did, I'd take the sling so I could get up and settle easily (I just do the bouncy walk and he settles back down). I also don't own a pram, but I am going to get one after the in arms phase, about 6 months. DD can't wait cos she wants to take him for a little walk.

I bought a breast pump, a beauty. A medela electric/battery single. Works a treat, I got a little 20ml last night (had to take some milk out so Ci would feed, seems I still have a too strong let down for him) - and it didn't hurt. My other hand operated one hurt. I'm going to buy those cube trays for milk, that don't leach dioxins or other chemical carp. They hold 30 mls each little cube. I can't believe how hard breast milk bags are to find, and what they cost! almost a buck each.

Oh my word the stress here this afternoon was intense. DH was cranky at DD, DD was cranky at the world, I was cranky at both of them and Ci was just screaming in protest at all of us... yipes. It's settled now and DH just apologised and so did I and DD so it's all good but I tell you, there's something in the air at the moment!

Ok, I've rambled enough. See, I settle Ci here on the fit ball so I type for something to do while he falls asleep. Sorry for being so tedious. I should keep an online journal or something instead...

hi everyone

for those interested in poo - as tragic as that sounds! - i saw the paed today and she said that all shades of mustardy yellow, khaki and bright green are normal. she explained that the colour has to do with bile in the stomach and the amount of time that the milk remains in there for. dd's poo is green in the day and yellowy at night, when she poos less often. she said the thing you need to look out for is pale poo. as for the blood, this is a bit of colitis which could be a reaction to milk products in my diet. but since it's not causing her any discomfort she felt that cutting it out completely would be pointless.

fire your bub's waking/sleeping times don't sound all that different from my dd's. she basically sleeps a lot, especially if carried in my hug-a-bub-type-sling. she can go hours in that thing! how do you get your ds down at night? does he transfer from sling to bed? i have trouble with that in the day - in fact i can't do it at all.

sarah glad to hear you have a plan of action with your dh.

grubi sorry to hear you're feeling so bad - it does wear you down, all the work you do as a mother. as for settling - you should be able to change the way you do that later; don't give yourself extra challenges at a time when things are tough. go easy on yourself!

sharon to you. maybe you can go to a mums and bubs session? i keep meaning to do that but have to find a way to offload my son first.

hey am i the only one here with a fantastic MIL?!

Sarah I had my DD in a carrier at the movies and she slept through. The mums with prams seemed to have more difficulty - guess it depends on whether the sounds will invoke startle reflex.
    My DH helps out heaps, my issue is that he goes out nearly every night of the week if you include the gym as going out. He waits until we go to bed before going for social life, so it was just me feeling unloved and like everyone else comes before me, including the kids.
    Fire that was our house yesterday, must be something in the air.
    My back at the base of my neck is killing me from holding Greer and typing one handed most of the day - ebay listing.
    Nettie hope I can try that clothes thing tonight and it work.

Thanks Fire
    Looks like Ci and Hunter are on the same stuff. Yes, orange mustard with spinich flecks! Yum yum!

Very reasuring!

LisyLee: Their is not point making MIL life easier when they don't attempt to help you.

I am very passionate about my dislike for my SIL and MIL.

MIL hurt DH when she left his dad and took his sister but not him. Of course I don't know the full story of it 'cos DH wont talk about it (to painful I think).

SIL well she was trying to work her way up in the food chain, I should say their father's Will. The man in only in his 50's and fit and healthy. Beside DH get's the family farm when he dies his dad has already told him. SIL get's nothing 'cos she went with her mother, and had little contact with her dad when they left...

So can you just picture Christmas time?? It’s so warm and loving. Me I make fun about SIL which make her uneasy she has doesn’t have a lot of confidence in her self as always think there more going on then what she’s been told.

However as you can no doubt tell I am person who tell it how it is not how it could be. Well I am not going to make their life easier. They have irritated me, so now to get in my good books you will have to do something pretty amazing to get back into them. Not even death will get there.

Well better go, its baked bean on toast for kids tonight.

Cheers
    Sarah

Hi all,
    Just popping in to let you know BJ was a trooper with his needles...big cries for about 30sec after each and that was it...he's been very unsettled though (however, he's been unsettled for a couple of days now so not too concerned).

The past 3 nights he's done really well, feeding sometime between 9:30pm and 10pm, then not waking til about 3-3:30, settling himself, then stirring about 4-4:30, re-settling, then waking for a feed at about 5:30.
    I've been sleeping in the spare room, next to his, in the hope of getting him out of the middle of the night feed quietly, rather than 2 stirrings!
    However also sleeping down there cause DH and I have had a few arguements and its best to stay out of his way and let him sleep...he's not a baby person, he's a toddler and older person, so this being a daddy to a baby bit is really hard for him....
    Oh well...we soldier on.

Hey grubi,

I will try my ergo and hope he will sleep. He does love being held until he is asleep so hopefully it work a treat at least for an hour and a half.

Oh, me feel unloved too esp when I do get out to see the real world. DH's can still do their things at night. which gets to me at times, when all I want to do it talk to him and be close to him. My DH's work friends asked us to go out for dinner, but their kids have all grown up, but we are just starting with our. I think he thought I might say you go by yourself i'll stay home with kids. But not this time, I said right oh, will get sitter for DD and DS and we will take Wyatt with us, for an early dinner.

Sometimes its not easy being us.

Wyatt sleep alot better on his tummy during the day then on sides. At night he's good, bt during the day will put him on tummy. Does anyone else's baby like this?

Sarah

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Lisylee I was told that green specks/green poo is totally normal..its from iron in the milk.

We had a horrible day yesterday, and sort of today too. Isabell gets really unsettled now in the afternoons, screaming her lungs out. Not hungry, not nappy, i think over tired and worked up, or maybe wind pain, even though i burp her for close to half an hour after each feed. She slept REALLY well last night, put her to sleep at 9:30 and she didnt feed again til 1:30am then 7am and then midday..

Thanks MGM for poo info

Does anyone know if you should stop BF if you get mastitis - I think I have it, just mild ATM, but thinking I should stop BF might be why she has been so unsettled.
    We both have low grade fevers and my breast is warm to touch and tender in one small area which has just started to redden.

alittlegrubi I can't remember who suggested it, but one of your shirts/tops that you have worn (the smellier the better) placed in the cot/bassinette may help bubs to settle. I read somewhere that you should stop feeding from the breast that you have the mastitis in but I am sure that a BF expert on here will confirm or deny that lol, hope it gets better soon.
    Danielle we are going ok, just plodding along really. How are you going?
    Jodie82 will check out your pics after I have posted.
    sarah_dobbo2 don't know when DH finds out if he has made it to second round interviews, if he does make them they want him to go to the island so he can have a guided tour. As for the movie, looks like I am going on Monday, will go into more detail at end of post. My eldest son (19) would only ever sleep on his stomach, day and night, but that was before they associated SIDS with tummy sleeping.
    Nettie I agree that this group is huge, and it's really difficult doing personals for everyone.
    Fire I've heard the Medella breast pumps are excellent, I think they are the brand that most hospitals use and recommend.
    mgm I normally wouldn't mind going to a mums and bubs session, but for some reason I really wanted to share this movie with a bunch of GF's.
    BabyWrangler yay, way to go BJ, at Paed's today he checked Oliver's hips and told me (and him) it would probably hurt, he didn't flinch one bit, Dr asked him if he liked pain LOL
    MummyMeg I have always been told that it isn't completely necessary to 'burp" bubs after a feed unless they really need it. Hope you managed to get some sleep in when Isabelle had her long stretches of sleep.

Well I had a really good day today, my BF came over (as is usual for a tuesday morning) and brought with her the usual can of coke and a cream bun (our weekly indulgence) and I was telling her how upset I was that I was missing out on seeing the movie with her, she immediately turned round and told me she wasn't going to go with everyone else, she would pull out (even though she was the one that suggested the whole thing), she was adamant and she even made me go and book tickets for us on the Monday instead, she said that if she can't get out of it with the other girls then she will see it twice, when I asked her 'what if it's crap' her reply was 'i'll just bring a pillow and a blanket'. Then at school pick up today, I was driving to school and one of the mums called me and told me to park my car in carpark and she would collect Jordan and walk him over to me so that I didn't have to get Oliver out of the car in the pouring rain, the generosity of some people continues to amaze me.

Oliver went really well last night, his last feed was at 10.30 (sneaky feed as usual) and he slept through till 6am, the only bugger about it is that I had problems falling asleep last night so didn't feel the full benefit of it. We went to Paed today and he told me I could increase his zantac to twice a day and if needed 3 times a day. I told him I was concerned that he may not be eating as much as he needs (CHN said 150ml / Kilo of body weight) he said that was just a guide, he then said 'look at him, he is a big boy, he's a piggy' so i feel happier about that, he checked his feet and said that they where now perfect (phew), he has put on 1kg since birth, so he is now 5.84kg.

OK, essay now over! sorry to anyone i've missed but there is just so many of us in here it is so hard to keep up.

Edited to add, that it took me so long to complete this post that I had to log back in again due to innactivity

just a quicky, poor Bj's temp went up a little due to his needles, but, after his 4 hour nap and a big feed, he was chatting away and smiling at us, despite his temp being above 38!
    A dose of panadol had it back down to 37.1 within 45 minutes and he's off to bed again, and so am I.
    On a poo note, he's been screaming in pain with poos for a few weeks, and had still been on the lactulose.
    MCHN suggested trying more water (we'd tried that before but it was so hard to get into him and he kept spitting it out so it didn't work).
    Some watered down breast milk last night and today has helped, and he just took 10ml of water by itself (he only needs an extra 10-30ml a day to help, so we are well on the way).
    I'm off to bed now but will try and do personals in the morning...sorry!

Grubi: I had it with DD, and NO you should still feed from that boob, or milk will get all back up and really hurt you. You will def know if it is mastitis, as it will become RED where it is sore and really hurt when she lacks on.

The more Geere drinks the better for you.. That or put cabbage leave on it, if it hurt really bad or get's really hard or full.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
    Sarah
    Last edited by sarah_dobbo2; June 4th, 2008 at 07:41 AM.

sarah_dobbo2 I knew i'd probably got the information wrong, will keep my mouth shut from now on about anything to do with BF.

Oliver was really 'noisy' from about 4am onwards, he wasn't crying, just grunting and groaning, and he had managed to escape from his wrap, so both his arms where out, I left him until 5am when I then got up and gave him a feed, but he wasn't really interested in it so I probably could have let continue with his grunting and groaning, only
    thing is it would have kept me awake anyway. While I was on my way back to my bedroom, I was walking with my eyes half closed (as you do when you're tired) and I walked into the wall, I hit my head that hard that my teeth crunched together.

Oliver's routine seems to be:

Feed 6am ish straight back to bed
    Sleep from 6.30 to 9am (this is when the morning drop off usually happens unless DH does it for me)
    Feed 9am
    Play till 10am
    Sleep from 10 to 12.30
    Feed 12.30
    Play till 1.30
    Sleep 1.30 to 3.30/4.00 (this is when we do the afternoon pickup)
    Feed 3.30
    Play 3.30 to 5
    Bath 5pm
    Feed 5.30pm (usually just a top up)
    Bed, then a sneaky feed at 10.30pm

He is definitely having more awake times, and yesterday he was definitely chatting away, and enjoying lying on his mat looking at his toys dangling in front of him. We are also getting a few more smiles too, just not been able to catch any of them on camera.

Sharon: I'm not saying I am right either, however that was the advice midwives gave me, as I only BF DD for 2 weeks before I got it.
    Everyone's option/advice can only help other.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast