Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born April 2008 #4

I'm actually posting while Lila's awake and not in someone's arms... We'll see how long it lasts. For now she's happily contemplating the pattern in her blanket.

SG- I missed about a month of posting, so I don't know if there was some medical thing with Baxter, but if he's happy and eats regularly then maybe playing the numbers game with his weight gain will just make you crazy? I think the best advice I ever ever got was from my MIL- she said that if I'm happy and well and the baby is happy and well then don't worry about the rest, we're fine. That applies to listening to other people's bs advice, to comparing Lila to other babies, etc.

Grubi- You can put the oil in/on things if that makes it easier. Be prepared though, about three days after you start taking it you will have milk all over the place.

Oh bother knew it was too good to last. Will get on and finish posting later....

Fire maybe there was a problem with the site, there seems to be a few gremlins in here lately.
    BabyWrangler love your photo's too, your little man has such a gorgeous smile. Hope BJ's temp stays down for you.
    bellelass hopefully your little girl stops mucking around on the boobie and starts feeding properly. Interesting article BTW.
    alittlegrubi I seem to have a very sweet tooth atm too, and if i'm not careful i'll put all that weight back on that I have lost.
    Shoegal i'm not looking forward to getting Oliver's needles done. Have a nice time in Perth shopping for a handbag.
    kirsty_lee I find that the only way I get to watch my shows is if I sit down and fold washing. Good luck with her needles tomorrow.
    Katstribe hiya, nice to hear from you, Oliver still isn't very settled during the day, but I am persevering, just keep going into his room to replace dummy when he starts whinging, if after an hour, he still isn't asleep I get him up till he shows those tired signs again and start all over again, hopefully he will get the message. I have a bubba moe for Oliver and he hates it, he's ok if he's asleep when he goes in (so long as he stays asleep) but as soon as he is awake he starts fidgeting. Hope Molly doesn't end up making you too lopsided. Very sweet of DH to buy you some flowers,
    Nettie sounds like Liam is growing nicely for you. I have just started putting Oliver into some 00 outfits, as his 000 all-in-ones are starting to get too short in the legs and torso for him.
    Zennie I have read that it is normal for a exlusively BF baby to go a week or more between poo's.
    sarah_dobbo2 I think there are a few gremlins lurking on the website atm, I had problems logging in the other day too.
    bellelass it is guaranteed that as soon as I try and do something while Oliver is playing nicely on his own he will get grizzly and decide he wants all of my attention.

I practically spent the whole day out today as it seems to be the only way to get Oliver to sleep during the day, and because I had been awake since 4am (Ollie just grunted and groaned till 7am) I really wasn't in the mood to spend all day trying to get him to settle. On a positive note, for 3 out of 4 of his bottles he had 150ml, so basically drained them, he has been averaging 120ml per bottle, will be nice to have him feeding his 'age appropriate' amount.

Well, i'm off to wash his bottles, then do his sneaky feed at 10ish, then i'm off to bed, I am absolutely buggered. Nighty night. (sorry if I missed anyone in my personals)

Poor little BJ is still suffering with his temp...it got up to 39.1 before, panadol gets it down, but when the panadol wears off...up it goes again!
    Off to the Dr as soon as the carseat is re-fitted in the morning!

I hope everyone is doing well...I'll try and do personals tomorrow

hey all

Jus quick one as i have had a busy day

It was my eldest 4th bday today.

And my poor little Mj has a really raspy cough

Nessa - Happy birthday Teleah!

Steph - do you think the flaxseed oil will make my milk fattier? Thanks, you are right, I shouldn't stress, and I definitely don't feel as hung up on it like I was a month ago.

BW - I hope BJ's temp came down for you.

Sharon - Oliver sounds like he is feeding like a trooper! Glad to hear you had a nice day out.

Okay, must go! Shouldn't even be on here, have to pack for myself, DH and Baxter, who knew a baby could have so much stuff!

SG
    xo

BabyWrangler poor BJ, it's horrible when they are sick, hope he gets better soon.
    ~Beatrix~ Happy 4th birthday to Teleah for yesterday. Hope MJ's cough gets better.
    Shoegal it's amazing how much you have to pack for a little baby just for a few days away.

I am just about ready to shoot the dogs next door, AND mine, it seems like every 5 mins they start barking at something, and everytime they start barking it wakes Oliver, it is really starting to pi$$ me off. Today started off really crappy with Jordan not doing as I asked when he was supposed to be getting ready for school, Oliver decided he was going to have a screaming session, and we where running late, and things have just got progressively worse, I only just managed to get Oliver to sleep since he woke up at 7am and if the dogs carry on the way they are he won't be sleeping for long which means he will still be tired and VERY cranky. Well, what do you know, there he goes, I had better try and get him to re-settle.

DD has chicken pox. At least that explains why she has been hurling for several days. I hope DS doesn't get it. Although I don't think babies get it generally, and todders get it very mildly - so I hear.

My lagging brain can't think what cream to get her either. I won't use calomine. Any suggestions?

Ate cabbage last night and won't be doing that again. Had a horrendous night with poos and grunting from 3am.

Janine! I know what you meant, but it sound slike YOU were up til 3 grunting and pooping. ehehe. Why not calamine? If not that, I reckon anything that would be anti-inflammatory would be good. Maybe some pawpaw ointment or some tiger balm? I always put t.b. on my bug bites, I think the clove oil in it kills the itchies. Hope your DD feels better soon.

Sharon- I don't know what to tell you, sounds like there should be a dog-b-que in the neighborhood shortly. Have you tried slinging him? It is kind of hard on the back after a while, but he'll at least get a good nap and you can get some stuff done?? Lila has quit mucking around, she's getting quite good at draining me but I'm still pumping and giving her bottles. Like a security thing or something. I enjoy her nursing, it actually feels nice and that kind of freaks me out a bit. I'll get over it.

SG- It might well make it fattier. My milk is pretty thick atm, but that might be from all the eggs and bacon I can't help but have. Human milk doesn't need to be incredibly fatty, in fact I think I have read that as your child grows your milk gets thinner and its perfectly normal. Your milk is the best thing for him, it has everything he needs. It seems so odd and impossible to believe but its true.

Ness- Happy birthday to your little girl, hope you are doing alright.

Sarah- Hang in there! He's still so little, just keep telling yourself that it won't always be this way. Tell yourself that over and over and over again. You're taking such good care of him, he needs his mummy all the time and you're there. That's so important to them.

BW- Its hard, I can't imagine how hard tipping out all that milk but kudos to you for doing what is best for your little one. Hopefully the problems with upchucking will clear up.

I'm well and fine, getting so much done lately and am really upbeat. My house is so nice and clean, ridiculous how happy that makes me. I used to be such a slob. Next week DH is done with exams and will be able to take Lila for an afternoon or two a week so I can get back to writing.

Lila is going down around 10-11pm and up again 4-5am which kind of ****es me off since she used to sleep til 8-9am. I know I should count my blessings, but I realllllllllly liked sleeping for long unbroken periods.. I think she's getting ready to do a grow cause when she gets up she guzzles like 150-200 mls and goes right back to sleep for a few hours.

My lovely SIL just had her baby yesterday, a little girl. We're all here. She had a hard back labor like I did, ended up taking some pethadine after 24 or so hours and then two hours later had her beautiful baby girl. Its such a relief, we both have our babies healthy and safe. Ever since I found out she was expecting too I have worried that something might happen to one of us. We're thrilled to death she had a little girl, but everyone was kind of pulling for a boy since there have been three births in our family in the past few months and all were girls. No little boys yet in that generation. Two more births due later this year, maybe then. Heh, 6 babies in one extended family in a year. What an effort.

Has everyone heard about those poor little 18 month old twins in Brisbane who died of starvation? Before I had Lila those sorts of stories used to upset me, I would think it was terrible but now that I have my own soft, sweet, vulnerable little baby those stories just rip me to pieces. Like they could all be Lila. I guess its that "mother's heart" you hear about. I wish I could take in all those neglected uncared for children and make them cookies and read them stories and give them nice warm baths. Not right now though, I have to just focus on one...

LOL janine... you cracked me up with your comment on the cabbage. i know you were referring to Ci with the grunting and pooping... but I now have a mental image of you grunting and pooping at 3am! Babies can get chickenpox, but as long as you have immunity and are breastfeeding it would be a very mild case.. if at all.

ETA: Steph, I just saw your post! That story of the twins makes me so very angry too... I just cant fathom how someone could be so evil.
    Last edited by Leyla; June 19th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Hi all,

I have been in but for some reason unable to post.... Unfortunately DH is now requiring my attention so I will be back later to post properly!

Janine - I thought of you doing the grunting/pooping too!

Yes, the site's a bit dodgy at the moment isn't it? Had lots of difficulties every time I've logged on...

We're doing ok here. DH & I are reverting back to our sharing of the night feeds so on Tuesday night I had 7 hrs sleep! I would say 'uninterrupted sleep', but I was woken when Liam was hungry - just didn't get up, DH did! Was lovely! However only got about 5 hrs last night because I got to bed around midnight, then DH did the 2.30 am feed and Liam was grunting from 5.30 until around 7 am when I got up & fed him. Then I put him back to bed and expressed some milk, and while I was doing the 'wash up' from that - he woke up again and I was up with him for another few hours so I never got back to bed I'm having an early night tonight!

BW - hope BJ feels better soon!

Steph - Congrats to your SIL!

Ness - Happy Birthday to your DD! Hope DS cough gets better

Janine - my favourite herbal remedy book says to use 2 drops tea-tree & 2 drops of lavender oil in a lukewarm bath for chickenpox. You can also use compresses of cooled chamomile tea to ease itching. You can also use oat bags in the bath - put a handfull of rolled oats in a muslin bag and put in the bath - squeeze it until the milky liquid comes out and dab it onto the 'pox' - carefully so you don't bust them. You can also try witchhazel lotion on them - but kids can find that it stings if the 'pox' have burst. You might find something of use in that lot!

I'm very pleased to have managed to wash the kitchen & toilet floors today! I haven't done that since before the birth (WAY before!). We sweep the floors regularly but don't wash them that often - they don't need it a lot anyway. Even still - we usually wash them more often than THAT!

Hope everyone's well!

Just checking in... here at my place we're all taking turns having colds and I'm getting really tired of runny noses, coughs and lack of sleep.

nettie - well done on doing your floors - i recently gave our bathroom its first proper clean in months, it was way overdue. who knows when it will next be cleaned though!

fire hope your dd gets better soon. have you had chickenpox? would ci still have immunity through you?

sharon - shooting the dogs might be a bit extreme; how about drugging some meat and tossing it over the fence .

beatrix happy birthday to teleah. she's just one day younger than my DS!

babywrangler
    - poor BJ. hope he's improving.

that's it for now, DH has had enough of rosa's crying and i have to take over... wishing you all a good night.

Fire poor DD getting chicken pox, I hope that it is only a very mild case.
    bellelass I have a bubba moe sling, and he hates it, thought I was putting him in wrong etc, but another one of the mums at Jordan's school, who is an expert with slinging showed me how to do it properly and he still hated it, I have tried it on and off again over the last few months and unless he is asleep when I put him in it he hates it. As for those poor twins, I just can't understand how the parents could let them starve to death, and then to just leave them there for one of their other children to find, that older child is going to be traumatised for a VERY long time, it makes me cry, and very very angry.
    shellbell I've had problems with posting/logging on lately too, lets hope it's all fixed now.
    Nettie I'd love to get around to washing some floors around here too, I usually sweep every day or every other day, and vacuum about twice a week, but the last time the floors where washed was about a week before Oliver was born

Going to lunch with DH tomorrow, so that will be a nice change, Oliver was a good boy tonight and went straight to sleep at around 6pm but i'm not surprised since he didn't sleep much today at all, he is showing signs of being just like Jordan was, don't think I can go through that again, as I never managed to get anything done at all.

Unhappy Babywranglers little man Bj is in Hospital

Hi everyone, Babywrangler has asked me to come in and give you all an update on her little man BJ.

I got a message just before and this is what it says

Can you let april babys know Bj is in Hospital. Had a lumbar puncture, bloods and urine, he has a urinary tract infection. In hospital for 24 to 48hrs.

If i hear anymore i shall come in and let you all know.

Praying for him to be home real soon

He is off to have an ultrasound in the morning to rule out any blockages

Cheers
    Kat
    Last edited by Katstribe; June 19th, 2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Add more of an update

Oh no poor BW!!!!!

Praying he gets better soon

oh no! poor bj. and poor bw. healing thoughts!

Poor little BJ! Hope things get sorted out and he is home very soon. BW hope you are doing ok, must be incredibly stressful. Thinking of you both.

poor bj... Get better soon, i bet your mum is stressing ....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast