Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

thanks pixie
    I got a tin of toffee's and chocolates
    puls 2 lots of boxes of chocolates and loads of choccie bars

hubbie made me a man made gift basket altho it was not a basket it was a stock pot lol filled with all the things i like
    coffee choccies and macaroni cheese pasta cookies twisties and much much more
    i also got a antique style jelly bean dispenser its cute and i soooo love it.

DD painted me a lovely picture of a vase with flowers and got me a new calender and Ds got me a key rings and art work and book marker and a beaded ring kit and made me a mothers day coaster Plus one of the choccie boxes i previously mentioned loads of cards and kisses and hugs

well better get back to checking emails and then clean house inspection tomorrow im like meh!

happy FIRST mothers day day to you all and HAPPY mothers day to everyone!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!! xxx

hi there not fun mothers day and house inspection tomorrow hey hey i just spent ages refolding all my linen and Joshia's stuff grr must admit it frustrates me how ppl dont put things away niceley
    well soon i might force mys elf to sleep hope u all had a GREAT day yesterday bye xoxoxo

Hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day!!

DH cooked me bacon and eggs for breakfast and pancakes with fresh berries for lunch, in the afternoon we shifter our office from the old house to the new house, but DH hurt his back so we were lucky that some friends could come and help out otherwise we would have been stuffed!!

Also think my skills of reversing trailers has gotten pretty good pretty quickly, only my second time and I managed to reverse and 8x5 trailer into a gap where I had only 30cm either side

Now we just have some boxes to go and we are offically fully moved!

Another tooth is defeitely on it's way, I can't tell if it has made through yet or not as Nakita won't let me look or touch

Can't think of much else.... we are nearly FT cloth, and loving it, even made DH change a nappy the other day, may have to sort him out a few more times so he gets the right snaps snapped

Well better go and do some work while I can!
    xxoo

hey vic congrats on the possible new tooth and the move being almost over. and WOW on your reversing skills u wont catch me driving with a Taylor let alone reversing so good on YOU!!!!

Thats real bad about hubbies back is he going to be o.k? Im so glad that the move is nearly over for you.

can i ask vic what nappies ur using? And a double congrats on being full time cloth we are totally full time here i have boxes of left over disposables lol.

Gotta scoot xoxoxox sounds like u had a rewarding wonderful day vic on mothers sday !

I use Itti Bitti d'lish, they are a really trim and nice fit on DD, LOVE the fluffy bum too , we have Pea Pods, but I don't like them anymore, they have been banished to the bottom drawer want to buy some more IBD's beacuse I need some more as it is the cold weather affecting drying time at the moment making it tight atm!

I hope his back will be ok, can't get in to see our normal physio, well can but the times are terrible so I am trying to get him into another one!

good luck with the appointment vic!

hey folks just popping in quickly to say I have FINALLY posted my photos from the NZ trip on facebook.... including the photos of Beth & Eli! Don't seem to be able to post them on BB at the moment for some reason.
    to all, hope you had a lovely Mothers' Day! Mine was good, Saturday night we went out to a wedding reception so got dressed up and looked glam for a change! Sunday had a slow start, went out for lunch with some friends and then the Bear cooked an utterly scrumptious dinner for us, and the ILs and a friend joined us. So pretty good first Mother's Day here.... especially since he is apparently getting me a coffee machine as a Mothers' Day pressie!
    ETA I found a way to post them in the BB gallery but it was a PITA cause firefox crashed every time I uploaded a pic!

Thanks for posting the pics!!! They look so cute together

Quick q: what kinds of toys are your babies into right now? I'm finding E is growing out of the baby stuff I have and I have a few older things (wooden puzzles, wooden abacus, heaps of books, stacker, sorter) but not enough I'm finding.

I'm thinking of buying:

- wooden blocks
    - xylophone

Any other ideas??

Rach, Beth is loving her walker but most of the time is more interested in cruising the furniture (and walls, cupboards, people and anything else remotely stable) and stealing anything we are using. Do you take Eli to playgroups? They have heaps of toys so it can be a good way to figure out what he's into these days.

*dashes in - does a skiddy - but not in her pants*

*dashes out*

Mel!

all!!

[email protected]!

As for toys, we have older kids, so Vey isn't really playing with "age appropriate" toys much .... he spent about half an hour playing with a balloon today and he also loves those tiny pieces of lego But he is pretty good, cause if I know he has something in his mouth, I just say "what's in your mouth" and he takes it out and shows me! lol! If I'm wrong, and he has nothing in his mouth, he just pulls his tongue!

Anyway, must dash!

Mwah! xxx

Rach - re: toys i'm finding it hard with K too! He has a Leapfrog Alphabet zoo thingee that he likes spinning, it has three modes - one mode is letters, the 2nd one is animals and the third one sings the alphabet, its pretty cool!

Other things I have for him now are a tupperware shape-o - the blue n red classic one that every kid should have that you pull apart to get the yellow shapes out of!! hehe and a FP turtle shape thing - picked it up from the Op shop for $3 !!!! theyre about $16 retail so got a bargain there

He still plays with his FP kickin' bobbin gym every now and then but is slowly getting bored of it. I concentrate now on reading to him a fair bit and letting him explore his books. He has blocks too so I build stuff for him and he loves watching me LOL I also have these coloured FP plastic balls that you can pull apart - i roll them on the floor and he loves chasing them around LOL

Oh for those of you that have Foxtel or Austar does your bub love the Oral B 'brush, brush, brush' song that comes on throughout the day. THe minute K hears it he'll stop whatever he is doing, and plonk himself down on the floor and watch the whole thing, weird child

Anyways the boy's just gone back to bed so must start on my jobs for the day!

Hope everyone is well!

lol sash, ALL of my kids love that song!! I swear the older 3 spend half their lives in the bathroom brushing their teeth, and I'm going though toothpaste at an exceptionally fast rate! I have considered limiting them to using bi-carb soda - they're in there that much!

MM - look at this way, hopefully all that toothpaste they're using now will save you some trips and some $$$ on dentist bills in the future hey!! You can only hope!

I don't know the ad you are all talking about, but Jett loves the Bonds Cottontails ad!! Everytime it is on he stops and watches, I'm not sure if he likes the underwear or Sarah O'Hare!!

As for toys, most of Jett's stay in the corner now. The maraccas still get carried around the house, they are the original favourite toy!! Other than that his favourite toys are the vacuum cleaner, the dog water bowl, the laptop power cord, my keys, my phone, the laptop wireless mouse, the remote and the cat's whiskers!!

Seriously though, I think he is far more in to the world around him than toys no matter what age suitability so I am letting him go to as long as it isn't dangerous for him. If he starts playing with the laptop cord I turn the power off, if he gets too close to the cat he gets given some sort of distraction and the dogs bowl often gets emptied. Keys are only under supervision, other than that I love watching him explore his world.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyTummy View Post
    Other than that his favourite toys are the vacuum cleaner, the dog water bowl, the laptop power cord, my keys, my phone, the laptop wireless mouse, the remote and the cat's whiskers!!
    Sounds like our house! We have 5 cats for him to chase around! lol! And the cats love the play tunnel which I got when Kaliah was a baby ... the cats lie in there and Vey crawls in after them! And yeah, the cat bowls get played with alot!

I don't think the fascination with the vac ever ends! Khaem still plays with it!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast