Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #10

Awww Trace I hope shes back to herself when you get to her as well!!! Bloody teeth!

You too Alex..hope they pop through soon. Sammy has a lump now with one of his upper teeth so dont think it will be too much longer...hopefully anyway!

Where is everybodeeeeeeeeeeeee??

Im stuck at home waiting for my couches to arrive...so had to make the most out of chatting at the school lol. Sammy is looking around like what the...cos the living room is all different.

OOppssies..i have a stinky boy..

Jo

Ohhhh Tracey sorry you had such a bad night. Fingers crossed it was just a one off.

Fletch - What cheese do you give Zane? And your insomnia problem sounds horrendous. You poor thing!

Alex - Hope that tooth comes through soon and Jack is behaving.

Jo - Oooooh new couches. We are (hopefully) getting some too when we move into our new house. Depends how much money we have left. I have a stinky girl too but she's still working on it IYKWIM so not going to change her till it's all over!

Driving to Brissie this arvo. Yucko I hate that drive. Hope Lucie sleeps most of it. It's heaps easier if I sit in the back with her and DH drives, she doesn't get so agro that way. Her godmother is babysitting tonight because we are going to an 18th! It's my friends daughters. Wow it's going to make me feel old.

OOOOH! Poor Charli....
    I think 2 for 1 is a great deal, but seems there are no takers!!!!

Teething for Maddy was no big deal, but Indah is a right bugger!!! I love her too, but came to the stage last night that if I didnt just leave her to cry a bit in her cot I think I would have gone insane & burst into tears myself! So I had to just leave her & she feel asleep! Thank Goodness coz I was on the verge of puking I was so exhausted & upset that I couldnt settle her!!!

Hopefully she will be miss happy cheeky bum later today!!!!

Oh Brooke that sounds truley horrendous! I really hope she sleeps well for you tonight, because you really need it too. Have you tried Baby Neurofen? Or maybe the Brauers teething relief stuff. That is pretty good.

Lucie is teething too - 2 bottom eye teeth but not as bad as that. The top four are on their way very soon too and I agree, whoever says babies don't feel teething is an ijiot.

Tracey - Don't worry I am sure Indah will be miss happy and doing yay yay yay's on her potty later for you!

Ok girls, have a lovely long weekend. Have to load up the car. Why do our DH's think it's so simple to go away for the weekend, yeah as if, they don't even think of all the baby stuff to take!

Oh dear, all these poor teething babies, giving mummies hell!Teething is such a nightmare!!

Well, once again I am the queen of Slack, I have been reading this time.......but no time to be posting, I have the desperate need to have my house spotless for some reason, so have been flat out coz ( i hate to admit) the last month I have only been surface cleaning

Zaccie learnt to clap yesterday!!!!!! & today he learnt to wave!!!!
    Today he thought it was pretty clever to clap & wave with 2 minute noodles in his hands & I have just found some more stuck up high on the wall:eek: how'd he do that one??????????

Hope everybody has lots of things planned for the long weekend.
    Soph, drive careful!!!!!!!!!

Have a great one ladies.I just noticed my ticker, OMG Zac is 10 months already. & i am

8 weeks today.

I think DH's have no idea what to pack to go away. I asked DH to pack a bag for Maria to go away this weekend and he put her coat in it and a packet of nappies???, I asked where her clothes were and he said I alway put them in my bag.....

Can we make it a 3 in 1 baby sale, Maria has been feral today, she justs needs to sleep and she (and I) will be fine.

Good long weekend to everybody

I hope Maria sleeps for you Louise!!
    What is it with these bubba's being feral??????????????????

Have a lovely trip Soph. I hope Lucie is good for you in the car. Enjoy your time away. I so know what you mean though about DHs. Darren has said kids just need a change of clothes and pjs and Im like ..r u mad!!!

Hope all of these teethies pop through over the weekend and give their mummas some well deserved rest.

Storm yaay for Zaccie hitting 10 months and for you hitting 8 weeks. Sammy loooooooooooooooves 2 minute noodles..funny fella. If he sees me cooking them he starts grunting and flapping his arms around til I give him some...very cute. Not on the wall though..hehe!

Jo

Awww, what to do with all these poor little teething bubbas? I hope all these teeth pop through soon! I had a midwife tell me a teething remedy the other day...she said to put lemon juice on the gums as it "disolves" the skin and allows the tooth to come through. Not sure how a baby would feel about lemon juice in their mouth though???

Soph...have a lovely weekend away in Brisbane. Actually, you would already be there - hope you are enjoying the 18th. The thought of it makes me feel old too! The stroller sounds great. What a good idea.

Tracey...fingers crossed for a much better night for you tonight! LOL @ Indah in bed with you - it sounds like Josh in bed with us...there's scratching, pulling of hair, grabbing of noses, poking in eyes, kicking! WTG Indah with the potty too!

Jo...good to hear that Em had a lovely day. I hope dinner tonight is nice and the party goes well tomorrow. What movie did you see? Thinking of you and your Nan too...

Louise...LOL @ your DH packing a coat and a packet of nappies! How funny. Have a lovely weekend in Canberra.

Cass...so, what's the verdict on the house and job front? Hope it's all sorted for you!

Fletch...you poor thing with the insomnia. Hope you can both get some sleep tonight.

Kelli...your hot stone massage sounds divine!

Alex...I hope Jack's teeth give him a break soon. And I hope you both get some more sleep tonight too.

Storm...happy 10 months to Zac! And 8 weeks, yay! LOL @ the 2 minute noodles on the wall!

Brooke...I had one of those days the other day too - once DH was home from work, I had to go to my room, close the door, turn my ipod up loud and tune out for a little while. A few minutes of very loud music and I was ready to start again! I hope you and Charlotte have a better night tonight.

Well, it's just Josh and me for a few days. DH is away for work until Sunday. Josh is going through a VERY clingy stage atm, like a bit of separation anxiety almost. It's been going on for a few days now. He screams when I leave the room, he even screams if I'm in the room but not holding him. We went out to a friend's today and he wouldn't let me put him on the floor to play unless I sat with him. I'm going a bit nuts - I can't get a minute to myself unless he is asleep! I guess all I can do is ride it out though and hope it doesn't last too long. The Hug-a-Bub is getting even more of a workout than usual!

Anyway, I had better run...Josh and I are going away to Newcastle with my sister tomorrow to visit our Dad so I will catch up when we get back. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Bec what you descibed with Josh sounds exactly like how Sammy has been for the past week...sooooo clingy. Not sure what has prompted it at all but its wearing me down! I hope your weekend without Dh goes ok and you have a lovely trip to see your dad. The lemon juice sounds like it might be a goer..lol...not sure how Sammy will feel about it though! Hope little Joshies clingyness calms down for you.

Jo

How did everyone go last night??? Feral bubbas or angel bubbas!!!!hehehehehe

Jack slept thru but when he went to sleep, he woke up 3o mins later and it took a good hour to resettle him!!! Nothing would work again!!!

And I just checked his mouth before and Brooke, he has 4 teeth coming all at once too!!The eye teeth and the 2 top teeth now!!! No wonder he was chewing his hand like mad last nite!!! Hope Charli is better 2day 4 u luv..

And Bec, I tired the lemon juice and he seemed to like it WTF!! I put it on a cotton bud and put it on. But after a while i think he realised it was really sour!!!lol We'll see if it helps... Thanks for that tip..
    And hope Josh is less clingy 2day, and Jo hope Sammy is too..
    I know we all don't mind carrying around our bubbas for a bit, but all day it really gets to u, not to mention your arm!!

Jack and I are going to Geelong 2day for lunch with the MIL!!!Fun fun fun!!!(NOT)!
    It's gonna be bloody freezing and I just wanna stay home, keep warm and stay in my pjs!!!
    But she has been whinging to Nick that I don't go and see her etc etc, so I thought I would make her happy.... That's my good deed for the week!!!hehehehe

Louise, have a lovely time in Canberra. I lived there for 6 years and still visit my nana often up there.
    I hope u have packed your winter woolies cause it gets freezing there!!!

Everyone else(sorry if i forgot anyone, but I have to go get dressed!), have a great long weekend and keep warm!! xoxoxoxo

Hiya Gals!

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend over East! Ours was last weekend (seems so long ago sighhhhh.....)

Still no teef here - Zahra is certainly taking her time! You can see the bottom and top two sitting there and we have been saying for the past few months "any day now, any day now" but to no avail....

Still, she is mostly happy, very cheeky, waving, clapping, commando crawling, and says atleast 7 words!! (help! No peace now lol!).

She is currently blowing raspberries at a mud lark that is pecking the sliding door and is thinking that she is rather clever! Yay says mum - spit to clean off the glass!

oh dear - the bird came too close for the liking of my princess and "mum mum mummma" is being bellowed for.

Hope you are all ok - will check in again later!

seeya

Hi Girls ,

sorry I have been such a slacker...such busy times heres!!

Soph I hope you are having a nice weekend away.

Tracey , louise , Brooke ,Alex and all other mothers of teething bubbas fingers crossed you get a good nights sleep tonight!

Brooke I hope you lunch with the MIL went well ...demanding things they are sometimes!.

YAY Storm on hitting 8weeks!!! and on Zac hitting 10months!.

Bec and Jo I know what you mean about the clingy stage!. Kaitlyn has discovered how to SQUEAL which is SO ear piercing and she does it everytime someone else tries to hold her or I leave the room she is in ...makes it hard!.

Hope I have not missed anyone! ...hey to all the other mums and bubbas!

Well ....Friday was a big day ..house hunting and job discussions!. We found two houses that we like ..one we LOVE and one we can live in . So we have put applications in for both and will see how we go. We offered less then they are asking which is why we have to see how we go as they may not accept our offer. We have also asked for some little changes...locks on the window ( standard I would have thought!) . Anyway that started me panicking about leaving my home ...we have renovated it so nicely and it is really a HOME to me ..not just a place we live ..so the idea of renting it out is really upsetting me ( Louise I have sent photos of the place to you so let me know if you want to come and see it ..at least I will have someone I can trust in here!) Then I meet with my boss who told me the NZ job he had in mind is out ..demanding pratts want someone 5days a week only ...buggers. Anyway ....I came in and he told me he has nothing yet which was a little annoying as I had Len having time off to babysit.

I am also going into a state of panick over leaving my baby with daycare...I actually cried on saturday morning thinking about it.....how is she going to cope ....she gets upset when I leave the room!And as for sleeping I am the only one that can settle her...I try to persist and get DH to give it a go but it never works...she is to smart for that !. Hopefully she will be a happy chappy tomorrow as my mum is babysitting while DH and I go horseriding in the morning!.

Anyway hopefully we will find out Tuesday or Weds if we get the house we really want ....the kitchen is about 1QTR the sze of my whole unit!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!.

Hey Girls!

Jo...how did the party go? How is Sammy going?

Alex...how funny that Jack liked the lemon juice! How did lunch with your MIL go?

Fletch...where were you in Newcastle? Josh and I were there too! Oh, I hope poor Zaney's tooth pops through soon.

Kelli...we were the same with Josh's teeth. I was saying "they'll be here soon" for about 3 months!

Cass...I hope you get the house you want! And you finally get to do the horseriding...have fun! I hear you on the squealing...Josh loves squealing...this morning my sister and I went to a cafe and as we sat down at our table, Josh let out one of his ear-piercing squeals and a guy at the table next to us actually went "Ohhh!"

We've had a good weekend. My sister, Josh and I had a nice time in Newcastle. We came home this afternoon and DH was already back when we arrived, which was lovely. Josh is still Mr Clingy though which made being away without DH a bit difficult. He loves my sister so he was pretty good with her, but if anyone else held him, he would look around for me and grizzle and he would cry if I left the room at any time. Like you said, Jo, it wears you out - I am exhausted! Anyway, DH is on "Josh duty" through the night tonight and has told me that I can sleep in as long as I want tomorrow, so I might just take him up on the offer! Zzzzzz!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

Bec thats so great you had a nice time with your sister. Bet she just loves little Josh to pieces. Make the most of your Dh being on Josh duty wont you..that sounds fantastic!

Alex hope your visit with your MIL wasnt too dreadful..lol. So funny about Jack liking the lemon juice too..funny boy. We have two top teeth coming through but so far Sammy hasnt been to grizzly about it cept he has been biting me..oucchie....it really hurts though its stopped him in his tracks cos I leap up into the air and say no biting!!!

Poor Zaney Fletchie being out of sorts. Must be a shock for them when they are so used to sleeping in their own little beds. Hope his tooth makes an appearance soon. BTW I emailed you some pics...cant wait to see how your website turns out..very exciting.

Too long ago Kel..darn it..i think we all deserve another long weekend! She sounds so gorgeous blowing rasberries.

Cass wow you have got a lot going on at the moment. Hope the house is a goer. That kitchen sounds great!!!Bummer about the nz job though. I can sympathesise with you on leaving little Kaitlyn though..im such a scaredy so can appreciate how you must be feeling.

Storm whatcha up to today..hopefully putting your feet up.

Brooke how is Charli?

Louise I so hope little Maria is feeling so much better now.

Well we have had a huge weekend. The party was such a success. All the kids looked so fantastic. We played tonnes of games and while it was totally exhausting Im so glad Em had a nice time. We had 10 sleeping over..looked so cute all piled up in the living room.. and they were all asleep by 1:30..up at 6 though...arrrgh. Unfortunately just as Darren and I settled into bed last night Olivia came in feeling sick and has been vomitting ever since..poor darling.........no rest for the weary!!!

Jo

Hi all we are back!
    Gotta catch up on the personals but just ducking my head in. Oh yeah I have one feral baby too - no sleep and no eat. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now where's the lemon juice????

Bec enjoy your night off...how lovely! Please sleep an extra hour for me!.

Jo I am glad the party went well ..I can just imagine 10girls squealing in the lounge room hehe.

Soph I hope Lucie is feeling a bit better.

Well we also have a little clingy girl on our hands!. Kaitlyn wont settle for anyone but me anymore ...even Daddy does not have the touch!.So it is a little exhusting here too!.DH and I went horseriding today which was lovely ..bloody cold but lots of fun!. I nearly lost a nipple though ....a little 5yearold horse who is apparently teething and likes to chew on everything bit my boob!!!!!!!!!! luckily I had two jumpers and a bra on so he only got to the bra which was very lucky!. Then we spent the rest of the day hanging at home which was really nice.

Well hopefully I will hear back about the house we want tomorrow ..fingers and toes crossed!. Then I will have to get to work on renting this place out as we will probably move on the 30th of this month!.

Hi to all the other ladies and babies out there . I hope you have had a great long weekend.

Cass

Jo...great to hear that the party was a success! Ouch @ Sammy biting you! I hope poor Olivia is feeling better soon.

Soph...nice to see you back! Hope you had a good trip. Sounds like Miss Lucie is making life "interesting" though?

Cass...:eek: ...a horse bit you on the boob!? I'm so glad he only made it to the bra! So Jo's not the only one being bitten by a teething baby! Hopefully Kaitlyn will grow out of her clingy stage soon...it does make things a little difficult.

Fletch...I watched "What's Good For You" tonight and I thought of you because they had a segment on insomnia...I was hoping they'd have some good tips that I could pass on, but they only tested the old favourites...counting sheep, drinking warm milk and relaxation techniques. They had a guy on the show who suggested that if you can't get to sleep after 15 minutes, you should get up and do a quiet activity like reading, watching tv, doing a crossword, ironing etc and to go back to bed and try again when you start feeling sleepy. He said if it didn't work after another 15 minutes, to keep repeating the cycle until it did. Probably all stuff you've tried before, but just thought I would mention it...

On the topic of sleep, I did get a lovely sleep-in this morning thanks Jo & Cass. I have to admit I'm very lucky because although I get up to Josh during the night on DH's work nights (where has to get up early for work the next morning), DH gets up to him on his non-work nights...so I actually get 3 nights "off" per week. DH lets me sleep-in on my nights off too, but I try not to do it too often as I feel selfish because it means i'm the only one who gets sleep-ins. Josh has eased up a bit on the "clingyness" today due the fact that DH was here too. I think the test will be tomorrow when DH is at work. It seems to happen more when it is just Josh and me on our own or when we are around people he doesn't know...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast