Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #10

Definately!!!!!

Awww Fletchie..it is hard coming to terms with turning 1...our babies are growing up! Your site looks great too..wtg

Jo

Hi Girls ,

just a short one today as we had the day from hell.......Kaitlyn was so upset ....long story ...seperation anxiety it at its peak...but I am think it is me and she is just picking up on me being upset about having to go back to work ...mmmmm naughty mummy!. DH is so sweet and after my shocker day he came home at 330pm and let me relax....plus he booked me in for a 1hour massage tomorrow morning....he is SOOO sweet ..does stuff like that for me all the time...shucks I am lucky heheheh.

Anyway we got a house!...yayyyayayaya so we are moving on the 30th ....So let the packing begin!.

Hideho Y'all

Still ffffffffreeezing here! Minus 1 last night and prolly lower tonight!! All rugged up though and heaters blazing!

Bad news - spent another night and day in hospital with Zahzee with another bronchiolitis/asthma attack. Zahra is much better now and hopefully her asthma action plan will be properly ironed out to fix the problems we found with it over the last few days.

Other kids are good but I think they are coming down with the same virus as Zahra has - rosey red cheeks and feral behavior abounds in my house!! (spose you get that with 3 kids and a husband who thinks he is pretty hard done by after looking after the kids for half a day lol!)

Better go and catch up on some sleep - only got 2 hours last night in the hospital.

On the funny side - got locked in the bathroom at the hospital last night and it took the an hour to get me out!! Bloody freezing and Zahra was screaming as they had just put the oxygen prongs in and she was not happy Jan! All I could think was "Hey, this is the first time in ages where I can sit on the toilet in peace and quiet!!" The nurses put a magazine under the door for me to read and we all thought it was rather hillarious! (pity it was a midnight!!).

If only they had fixed the door when I told them the handle was broken in May.........

Seeya

Awww Kel..i really shouldnt laugh..but sometimes you just gotta make the most of the peace and quiet..was it a good mag?? In all seriousness though I really hope little Zahra wasnt too upset and that the plan will now work for your family.

Cass yaay on the house..whoohoo...!!! Poor little miss though..I so hope she settles down...poor little munchkin.

All is finally quiet in the house and its 10pm....just a note to remember when your bubbies are bigger....if they by chance get elected student councillor...it really is a code word for mums and dads having to do lots more work for the school than they already do!!! Ive spent the past two hours making and painting a king and prince crown for the disco that Darren is doing for the school for tomorrow night...arrrgggghhhhh.

Jo

OMG, I went to bed with a tummy ache last night at 7:40pm & slept like a log!!! I so must have needed it!!!!

You positive you're not pg Tracey? And you can come and help me any time hehehehehe!

Fletch - website looks awesome. If I am not too busy (yeah right) once #2 arrives I might just have to get some New arrival/thank you cards from you. Clever chookie!

Cass - Ah can you get your DH to have a word to mine please? How nice - a 1 hour massage! Hope you are coping ok with the back to work idea. Kaitlyn WILL be fine.

Jo - Urgh blossoming womanhood, scarey! I went to the movies with a friend on the weekend (bliss!) and there were 2 16 year olds doing the deed. She was freaking out saying 'That will be my daughter in 3 years!' and then said 'And yours in 15'. No way! Lucie can't have a boyfriend until she is 30!The horse sounds fab too!

Kel - Hoping that there are no more hospital visits for you, you poor thing! And bugger about being locked in the loo, but I hope it was a good mag too.

Storm - Forgot to say that my old ob said that when you hit 9 weeks and have a scan, you're pretty much home and hosed - not that you sound stressed anyway. Are you going to find out if bub is a girl or boy?

Meeting up with other mums and bubs for lunch today which should be nice. I'm always the first to leave, so trying to change that today and be ready with lunch for Lucie. She loves 2 minute noodles and it's always my back up meal when she won't eat anything else. I get the ones with no artificial colours or flavours, but realise it's not the most nutrious meal for her, but if it's all she will eat, what can I do? What do you guys think? I've tried angel hair spaghetting with vegies mixed through it, but she didn't really go for it.

Man you spund like my Mum who went, WOOOOOH!!!!
    I am not preg, dont feel preg, cant be preg, we have used condoms!!!! Ok I am NOT!!!!

I was just tired & I think that's why I am maybe not getting my period as well!???? Plus it was only my 3rd one since Indah so I think the extra expressing & letting Indah snack & comfort suck to keep my supply til after QLD, has meant increased feeds so maybe it's made my period scram!>>> Plus it was a 3 day weekend when it was due & she fed more! OK, I p'd on an OPK which they say picks up the stuff (youd think after 2 babies you'd know the words!) but there was nothing so there ya go!!!!!!

Soph, if its' all she will eat Pffft, just let her, she will get sick of it & look for something else! My Mum goes out for lunch atleast 1 of the days she has Indah & Indah gets to eat hot chips!!! Only that one day a week, but still I tell Mum to get a strifry & give Indah the vegies but she never does!!! Oh well, Indah loves it so what does it matter...? She eats veggies & meat most nights at home & my sis makes her toasted cheese sanga's fruit etc so it should be OK...

Fletch, I think your a legend with your business idea & hope it takes off & you need a rep/assistant in Melb... I'm your woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Cass, you will be fine & Kaitlyn will be fine too. I hated being apart, but I am used to it now & dont hate myself or beat myself up over it anymore! She will get used to it & enjoy it & you'll see her having fun & you'll not be too upset about it... A nanny is probably the best way to go for your own piece of mind!

JO, I am scared of my babies growing up... I know Maddy is really mature (she wants me to take her to the new movie out Stick It) she loves dancing & it is fairly hip wriggling (from Movie videos) she copies all those Boppy chicks out now! make me wonder how far away the whole boy thing is!!! Even though she is almost 8, she has always hung out with boys & is Tomboyish, but has female friends too & now starts with the "I cant waer that, or I want to show my belly etc!" I have kept our relationship open & I praise her when she tells me stuff that i know I'd have kept from my Mum & Dad! She talks about boys etc & I dont get angry or defensive I talk to her & I think & hope it has paved a way for her to feel comfortable about coming to me & also DH about things!
    She has at times told me a bout a boy or a girl at school that are older & things that have been said wher e I want to tell her to never talk to them again... But I pause (it's a difficult pause!) Then I tell her I am very happy & proud that she has talked to me about it & I make it special we may go snuggle up on the bed or on the couch etc, then I tell her that what was said isnt nice, or is rude or whatever it was (I ask her how it made her feel, upset, hurt, dirty etc) & that if that person speaks to her like that again & she didnt like it, or whatever that she should walk away & ignore them or tell them, it's not nice to speak to her or anyone else like that!
    A grade 5 boy said he wanted to sleep with her once, she told him, she didnt like that type of talking & she would never sleep with him, beacuse she is too good for him... I was proud that she told me what happened & I spoke to a teacher, but asked it didnt go further as I was certain this boy got the picture as he apparently was very embarassed, he is the youngest of 2 brothers & a sister & maybe learnt from them without knowing... I told her, her body is her temple & hers to look after, respect & take care of... Still makes me worry... But I hope I am setting her up to be strong & understand... My older sister is very shy about this type of thing & not at all open with her son & in grade 3 last year he said he had a girlfriend & my sister was terribly upset & when he made a Valentines Day card for his girlfriend my sister yelled at him, as she felt it too early to write I love you!!!
    I told her he will never come to you if he has done something he is proud of or emotional about & you tell him off! The girl had made him a card saying I love you too & my sis was so upset!!! He certainly did become more wary about what he discusses with my sis, he is now in grade 4!!! I think she went about it the wrong way... But she has always been more straight!??? PHEW ... I bet your sorry I ever joined the Aug thread!!

Storm, I bet bubby is happy & fine tucked away inside & how is Zaccie!???

Ok now I am lost!!! have fun everyone!!!

OOOh Kelli PMSL about the loo, I am sorry what an experience!!

Trace its a worry isnt it. Maddy sounds very grown up. Livvy is 8 in December but shes still my baby girl KWIM. We did have a couple of cards from boys last year saying that they wanted to sex her but its just little kids talk..they latch on to the idea and run with it! Em tends to play with the boys more and really enjoys their company...Jess is very confident and has been quite nasty really to any boy who has had the remotest inkling of romance with her ..lol. I feel sorry for your sisters little boy too...poor little man. I think the feelings that our children feel are very very real despite us maybe not wanting them to feel them just yet. I have almost total recall of my childhood and would have hated my feelings to not be validated.

Soph hope you have a lovely day today with the other mums and bubs...sounds like lots of fun. Sammy loves 2 minute noodles...its like his favourite food atm...if i show him im cooking them he gets so excited!

Well house to clean, washing to do...arggghhh..it never ends

Jo

Good Evening lovely ladies!

Sorry Tracey re the pg stirring. Lucie likes potato chips too! I agree though, I always offer healthy options first and would hope everyone else does too. Won't hurt Indah having chips once a week though.

Jo - Hope you managed to get the housework done. I have sooooo much to do!

Well Lucie ate a big bowl of vegie combo, bolognaise sauce and rice cereal tonight. Mmmm not sure about the mix, but it worked, plus half an avocado for lunch and I didn't habe anything else but noodles, so some of those too. Yay! Now of course she will go on a starvation because I have said that!

DH is out getting pizza. Mmmmmmmm but norty!

Janene_87 Guest

Hi, My name is Janene, I'm 19 and i had my first baby on the 26.08.2005 a gorgeous baby girl. I'm new on this site so i thought i would come by here with the hope of meeting some new people to share stories with and hopefully make some friends.

I saw you all filled out those info report things at the start of this forrum so i thought i would too so you can know a little more about hannah and i . . .

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

I hope to get to know you all soon . . .
    Last edited by Janene_87; June 16th, 2006 at 07:31 PM.

Hi Janene and welcome to BB. I have added your details onto the first page.

Hello and welcome Janene and Hannah!!! Its lovely of you to join us. Ive had a squiz at Hannah's site and gosh shes a cutie!

Jo

Welcome Janene and Hannah! I love your site ..hehe I have had a little looksie to !.

Soph I would not worry to much about the noodles! Last night at 730pm Kaitlyn DH and I were all sitting on the floor watching tele and munching on Maccas chips ...naughty!. I swear one thing about having a bubba is you spend so much time on your feet you can eat anything!!!!!!

Tracey I think your talk with Maddy is so wonderful!!! you are going to have such a great relationship with them when they are in their teens...keep on telling us what you are doing so I cam mimick you!.

Jo I hope your cleaning went well!....I always try and get some of mine done on a Friday to .

Kelli although being stuck in a loo and away from your cherub would have been horrible....at least you did get some forced relax time!. I hope everyone is feeling a little better and has not been hit to bad by the bug.

Well I am one relaxed mumma here! Had the most wonderful 1hour massage this morning care of DH ...I swear he is so thoughtful ..makes me feel bad as I am not as much of a romantic sweet thinker as he is!. We then went off and signed the lease for our house yayayaya. Our unit is advertised on the internet for rent and the agent already has someone who wants to see it!. I am not to worried about renting it out as it is really nicely renovated...I know I am biased!.

Made a YUMMMM dinner tonight ....a lamb casserole thing ..mmmm so easy and Kaitlyn ate two bowls of it with rice. Soph have you tried Lucie on Lamb yet ?...Kaitlyn LOVES it as it is such a strong flavour so she may scoff it to !. Kaitlyn is getting so over veges...it always has to be with meat or cheese , or something else tasty.

Kaitlyn is getting close to crawling ...she gets on her knees but then they slide out from under her. She is still clingy and screamy ...and she has learnt now how to crawl onto me and wrap her legs around me so I lift her up !!!! Just went in to check on her and her head is at the bottom of the cot ...she is completely turned around ..cheeky thing!.

Hop you are all having a wonderful friday night!.

Janene_87 Guest

Hey Everyone

I just wanted to say Thank you sooo much for being so welcoming, you all seem really nice and i look forward to getting to know you all.

I didn't say much about myself and hannah in the last msg because i thought that might be abit weird to bombard you all with it all at once.

So here is a little bit about us . . . I currently live in Melbourne. I lived here from when i was born until i was 17. Then my mum and i moved to Hervey Bay in Queensland, that's where i met John (Hannah's Daddy) and where i gave birth to Hannah. My mum and i moved back to Melbourne Dec last year because all our friends and family are down here and we missed them. John still lives in Queensland on the Gold Coast because of his work (He couldn't leave) so we are in a long distance relationship at the moment. It's hard at times but we take it in turns in taking holidays to see each other every month or so which isn't too bad. I just hate it that he's missing out on so much of Hannah's life. I'm pretty sure Hannah and i are moving back up to Queensland hopefully between Sept - Dec which i can't wait for.

Now abit about Hannah. Hannah started crawling about a month ago, she is sooo fast now she follows me around every where. She can pull herself up on just about every thing these days i think she is not far off walking (god help me, haha) we're having to baby proof the house more and more every day. Hannah also has her 6th tooth coming through, Hannah is such a bad teether, they really bug her, Bonjella is a life saver though and i also have this stuff called teething relief by Braun which is great!

Ok well i think i might be starting to ramble now, haha . . . Do any of you use msn messenger? if so feel free to add me [email protected].

Hope to hear from you soon . . . take care.
    Last edited by Janene_87; June 17th, 2006 at 12:16 PM.

Hi Janene & Hannah, welcome to BB & welcome to August babies. Hannah is just georgous too! I had a squizz!!

Fletch, you are so good not giving Zane any norty foods!! DH has gone as far to give Zac a mint patty & he always shares his ice creams with him!! Not happy!! Plus the kids always give him bits of what they are eating!! It just drives me insane!! Zac is over vegies too! How funny is that? He now just has whatever we have for dinner!

I'm really out of sync from missing out these last few days! I've been really sick, dont think it is preggy sick either.ewwww
    Yay for Kaitlyn starting to crawl Cass, bummer she is still clingy though, LOL at how she was sleeping too!!

Soph, dont worry about the noodles, Zac loves them too!! How's your belly growing? Zac has been going great guns with his milk too, but I cant get him to drink it from his straw cup, he will only drink juice in it, if I put water or milk in he just sucks it up & spits it out!!

Awww Trace, love you story about talking to Maddy, she is definately going to feel comfortable talking to you when she is older!

oooh Kel, funny about the loo! How is Zarah now?

I have people taking my guttering down, talk about keen, it's 2.45 on a saturday & they are here working! Bit of a late start too, coz I was at Dylans footy game when they turned up! They should have organised a time! I can not beleive that Zaccie has slept threw all their noise!!Must be zonked!!

Hi to all, sorry for being slack!! I still need to catch up.
    Have a nice weekend ladies!!

~~** 9 w 5 d **~~

Ah Storm I swear Lucie and Zac are on the same wave length. Lucie is the same with the straw and milk, water and juice! Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome Janene and Hannah. My DH loves the name Hannah! Lookign forward to chatting more.

Fletch - Don't wear yourself down matey! Glad the business sounds like it's starting off well.

Cass - Lucie loves to nibble on a lamb chop if we are having them for dinner (usually once a week). One night she scoffed an entire one after she had dinner!

Hi Jo, Brooke, Tracey, Kel and everyone else!

WEll I'm trying to get the packing done for Hobart on Monday. I am really nervous about travelling by myself with Lucie this time. We'll be in the airports for about 8 hours all up with the flights and waiting, and it's going to be very tiring holding Lucie on the flights with my big bump. Argh fingers crossed it all goes ok. Just frantically hoping all the washing dries now! Oh and after a super eating day yesterday Lucie has decided to do the total opposit today. She is a poopa machine too - 5 poopy nappies yetserday and 3 so far today. Could that be teeth?

Hi every one!!

Welcome Janene And Hannah!! She is a real cutie and it will be nice getting to meet you 2.

Fletch, hope you can get some more sleep soon, I guess u are just so excited and keen to get your business going...hehehehe

Soph, hope you and Lucie have a great time in Hobart and Lucie doesn't tire you out too much..

Cass, A big YAY for Kaitlyn starting to crawl and hope she's less clingy for you.. Jack has started to be a bit clingy and if I leave the room he cracks it too!! He even tried to do it last night at 3.30am, when he woke up crying. I put his dummy back in and a bit of bonjela but everytime he saw me leave the room, he would start crying!! So after a few times I said in my stern voice (hehehe) "Jack, go to sleep" and it worked!!!

Oops gotta go,I hear a little man awake!!

Be back later to catch up some more!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast