Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #12

oh Brooke I hope everything goes well with the scan.

Oh Brooke all my thoughts are with you, fingers crossed you come back with great news.

Whooohooooo Brooke! Anyone want my grumpy 10.5 month old? Doesn't eat much!

Oh thank goodness for that Brooke..what a relief. Charli pointing is so cute..shes knows that her sibling!!! I cant wait for you to have your next ultrasound and see that precious ittle reassuring heartbeat. Now you rest up you hear!!!

Soph there definately is no dignity in motherhood lol. It starts with all the appts when you are pregnant..and never stops! Hope little miss eats all her yummy finger food youve been so busy preparing. Does Lucie like feeding herself much now? Sammy often will want to hold a plastic spoon and fork and actually attack his food to get it into his mouth lol. Pasta especially but geez its messy!!! Jess fell of the horse yep...lol....didnt look like a bad fall..was just the way she landed unfortunately..bad luck for the hols but shes being great about it...so now no horseriding..netball....any sports for 2 months!

Rae I sympathesise with the weird inlaws!!!! I think we all have a story to tell..lol! My DH's dad has had no contact with his grandchildren..hasnt met Sam at all and hasnt seen Olivia since she was 2! He has his own issues and is just ****ed off with the world. DH's mum...has just married her internet lover from the U.S and that provided us with funny little stories to tell. Thankfully my family are all here and we are all very close! Grrr about the breastfeeding though..that would make me so annoyed. DH's nanna (bless her heart) loves breastfeeding although she couldnt do it herself and sat there watching me very very closely throughout Sammys feeds..like 20cm away...it was so uncomfortable!!!!!

Thinking of Cass and little Kaitlyn today.

Are other bubs ball mad?? Sammy would spend the WHOLE day holding our hands and kicking a ball if he could. Hes pretty good at throwing too...might have to get him into sports early!!!

Jo

Just a real quickie as I have a house full of sick kids (again!)

.....trumpet fanfare.....

We FINALLY have a TOOF!

One, solitary,little peg.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

One down, heaps to go!

Hope you are all well - back to the tissues, snot and general unwellness!!

Seeya

Yaaayyyyyy Kellll.....whooooohoooo...wtg Zahzie!!!!! A toofie peg!!!!!!!

Mummy must be soooooo proud.

Hope the kids all feel better soon Kel

Jo

Hi again girls

Oh Brooke - yeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! i'm so happy 4 u - been thinkin bout u this morn - can't wait to hear about the u/s in ten days!

Jo - i LMAO when i read about ur DH's nanna watching u feed 20cms away - god love her!!!!

Hi Kelli - hope ur all feeling well soon and CONGRATS on the little toothy peg!!!!

Yeah my thoughts too are with cass and Kaitlyn today - hope they're doin ok!

Rona - got into the car at panthers today (after our playgroup) and noticed el had another rash starting round her mouth...that's how her food allergy reaction starts. Stressful!!!!! Got home and gave her the antihistamine...didn't know whether to take her to hosp again cause it didn't seem to be spreading and there was def no swelling so waited it out and rash began to clear up after 10 mins. Kept her up for 40mins before i was happy enough to let her go to bed. She's all good now - thank goodness!!!! She def didn't eat anything new...perhaps she just put her hand in her mouth after crawling on the floor and got a slight breakout from something she picked up - who knows?????!!!!
    Had a little cry, feeling like abad mum, bit stressed out thinking she might swell up again - then got a grip -haha. I think i should invest in a big bubble 4 her - lol. Oh well - she's a tough nut - didn't phase her in the slightest!!!

Soph - hope ur little miss begins to cooperate in the food department soon for u too

Hi - nah she def didn't have any icecream...thats like poison to her...i don't know - can't wait for the skin ***** test to get some answers. i've also got to get an epipen to carry with me - that might help me remain a little more calm!!!

Good job finding the bargain at B&L - thats great! Hope Zane enjoys his rest...he had a big morning!

Rae I hear you on your inlaws!. Why does it mostly seem to be Boys and their parents....mmmmmm...their mums need to LET GO! hehe. Poor little Ella with her allergys it must be so scary for you. Sounds like you are handling it very well though!.

Brooke I am so happy your US went well. Sounds like Charli is already having little chats with with her little peanut sibling.

Soph your meatballs sound yummmmm. I have just started making these for Kaitlyn as well mind you most end up being eaten by her bottom ( this is what DH says when she ends up sitting on them in the highchair heheh). Also I hear you on the pelivic floors! I have two bouts of Bronchititus in the 3months after Kaitlyn was born and at the end of a day of coughing my pelvic floors were in trouble!. I went to physio and did my exercises ...but if you dont have time when Lucie is in bed try and lie down as much as possible as this takes the strain off them and helps then recover ( you may notice if you are lying down and cough you are ok ..this is because there is nothing they are holding up IYKWIM)

Jo I found a receipe for Ratatoui (SP??) in the SC today and thought of you as I know you are short on Vegetarian receipes ..let me know if you want me to email it to you or post it in the SC forum. Hope Jess is still in good spirits today..bet she is getting lots of special treats :-)

Kelli I hope you and the Family are all feeling a little better tonight.

Hope I have not missed anyone!

Today was stressful ...Kaitlyn cried so much when I dropped her off and when I picked her up although she was not crying she had tears in her lashes and was doing that breathing where you know she has been crying ..broke my heart. I cried when I left her ...and missed her SOOOO much . And after I picked her up she was so sweet and did not make a peep all afternoon ...as if to say she promised to be a good girl if I did not send her back there :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((. But the carers there are GREAT so I cant ask for more then that. I think I rate it as one of the hardest things I have had to do . But on a happier note I went to the hairdressers and feel like a fab new woman and I did the grocery shopping!. Plus cooked plum ribs in the SC and they are YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Kaitlyn also stood against the lounge today and let go for a few seconds , she was so proud of herself.

Girls...I know you do anyway ...but really really cherish every moment you have with you little ones...because sooner or later they will have to go to daycare or school and you will miss them so much :-((((( Sorry feeling like a sad mummy.

Hey ....where is Storm???????

Oh u are such a brave woman...i cried reading that post!!!! I'm sure Kaitlyn had a wonderful day with her new little friends and it's only gonna get better for u both (but i'm sure it is hard )...and ur definately entitled to feeling like a sad mum...i'd be an emotional wreck - u sound like ur holding up really well

Thanx for the reminder to cherish our littlies - i mean i always do (especially when i get the life scared out of me with one of el's reactions - but its good to be reminded of that when u have those not-so-wonderful days with the kids!!!

Well goodnight girlies - hope u all get a great night sleep

OOOH that took me back to my first day of handing Indah over to my sister!!! She was almost 5 mths & I sobbed & sobbed & sobbed @ work!! Took me 2 wks to cope with it & now Indah loves going!!! But loves coming home more!!!

I'd love the plum rib recipe!!!!

Ok my work is just killing me ATM, so many printing issues... I havent had a chance to do anything... so I do miss you all & hope my job gpes back to nothing soon!

It's this new project we are trying to launch! Since Commonwealth games! Its' just becoming a serious headache!!!!

Tracey - Hope you get on top of work stuff, try and have some Tracey time this weekend if poss!

Rae - Hope Ella is ok with her allergies, must be mega stressful. She is lucky to have such a caring mummy.

Cass - Thanks for the lying down tip. I might end up doing that when I'm out at the shops and have a coughing fit LOL! Not sooooo bad when I cough, just when I'm having a little spewy too. Have been like that the last couple of days, probably a hint of ms back and all the yucky gunk in my throat. I would have cried and cried too leaving your little miss. I am sure she will be ok though. The thing that stresses me the most about having #2 is that I will be away from Lucie. I have never been away for more than about 4 hours. Aaaaaaaaaaghhhhh!

Fletch - Well done on the shopping bargains. B & L has some really cute clothes I think.

Yay Kel on the toothie peg, now they'll all come quickly I reckon!

Jo - Lucie has always liked to feed herself - especially toast with cream cheese spread which she has every morning - the more spread the happier she is! How cute Sammy attacking the food with his fork! Clever boy.

Storm - Yeap where are you matey???? Hope you are ok.

Feeling a bit better today but still sound shocking. Can't get Lucie to sleep in her cot in her room either - she's been in our room for too long now. Grrrrrrr. She was in our bed while she was sick (I was really worried about her - my mum's sister died of cot death when she had a cold at age 1, and my sister stopped breathing at the same age when she had a cold so I am extra paranoid). DH reckons we just let her sleep with us all the time but I'm not sure.

Anyway we have also converted Lucie's walker into the bike thing and she loves it - very cute.

Better go and organise breakie.

Soph,
    When I had Indah the most I had been away from Maddy was over night if she stayed @ Mum & Dads or my sisters... (she was almost 7!)...
    So I went to Hospital at 10pm on Monday night & had Indah at 12:31am Tuesday... maddy had slept with my Dad so my Mum could wake her & tell her when she got home (as she was with me & DH) whether she had a sis or bro.... When she came in to see her sis at 8:30am on Tuesday, I burst into tears coz I missed her & she so desperately wanted Mummy & her beloved abby at home... On the second morning I was abit antsy to want to get home to Maddy & Dh & my own creature comforts, Maddy walked in & was crying coz she wanted me home which really upset me too...
    So DH left maddy at the hospital with me & we pulled closed the curtains & I asked the nurses to bring a few snacks for us & 2 hot Milo's.. We snuggled on the bed & stared at our new baby, Maddy & I actually fell asleep on the bed together!!

So I know what you mean about missing Lucie while your having #2!

Finally the next day they were letting me go home & Maddy was thrilled! It's so awesome watching Indah's face light up when Maddy talks to her!!!

Ok back to work...

Also PMSL about your having some Tracey time on the W/end!

Tonight I have my cousin & her 3 kids sleeping over as her partner recently walked out on them & she is a bit down in the dumps so I asked her to come stay, then basketball at 9 or 10 am on Sat then home to get Dh & Indah & off to Pub for lunch for my grandpa's b'day then home to do housework, groceries etc.. (Tracey time for an hour or so before bed) then Sunday morning we are cleaning out maddy's room & then off to the Indo (satay) festival & home for dinner & getting ready for Monday work again!!!! Phew! No time to relax!

Hi girls - hope ur all having a great day
    Just a quick note to Rona....checkout who's posted in intros - and she has a very exciting confession to make to us (as if we didn't already know though - lol). looks like we'll have a little addition to our bubby group in the hopefully not too distant future

Rae I hope little Ella is ok now. That would have freaked me out. Is she more sensitive to some foods than others? You sound like you have a fun mothers group..does that mean someone else is joining our thread too expecting a new bub??? LOL

Cass you are my hero. I think you are amazing and you sound like you are coping so well. I hope little princess settles in and no doubt she will love it in no time. I would love the recipe too thanks for thinking of me..sounds yummy.

Trace I so hope work settles down a bit for you. Enjoy your weekend with your family wont you. Im a bit of a sook too with the girls..i much prefer them to be home. Have fun with your cousin and her kids. I hope she is ok.

Soph I hope you are feeling better today. Its awful feeling sick and having ms return is just the worst. I know how you feel leaving little Lucie. The first time I had been away from Jess was in the hospital having Em. They really do ok though and Im sure your little darling will be just fine.

Storm..hope the school hols are treating you well. I bet little Zaccie is having a ball with his sibs being home..i know Sammy is!

We are having a warm snuggle at home day. The fire is roaring and the kids had so much fun sleeping in a cubby they made under our dining room table. We are hoping to go up to Perth tomorrow to go and snuggle with my new little niece born this time last week..gotta love those newborn cuddles!

Have a lovely day everyone

Jo

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, things are sooo ****ty here, DH has pneumonia, & is very very ill ( great) Zaccie still has his cold is coughing so so much, but really enjoying having everybody home. Walking heaps too!!
    U/s went well on Monday, bubba was wriggling around & sucking it's thumb, NF measured borderline, but nothing must of showed back in the bt cos I haven't heard back yet.

Hope you all are well & I will catch up as soon as I can, promise, just as soon as dh is partially human again.

LOVE & HUGS.

Hi Storm - it's good to hear from u....sorry that things aren't pleasant at home for u all right now - hope it all gets better Just got extremely clucky again when u mentioned ur litle bub moving round, sucking thumbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jo enjoy those newborn cuddles in Perth - how special. Hope u all have a fab time!

Thanx Jo and Soph 4 ur well wishes 4 el - she's doing well...just ahve to watch what she eats like a hawk!

and Tracey - u definately sound like ur up 4 a busy wkend - enjoy!!!

Hi Girls ,

sorry I will have to try and post personals tomorrow night as I am about to head to bed. So tired as Kaitlyn has not been sleeping very well at night , and she wakes for the day sometimes at 5am ( this morning 445am arghhh). She only has 1 x 45min sleep in the morning and 45min-2hour sleep in the afternoon , do you think she needs to drop a sleep so she sleeps better at night?. She is also refusing the bottle and only takes 60mls at night if I am lucky so I gave her some yoghurt just before bed in case she is waking up hungry..i think I have tried everything so fingers crossed I get to have a good nights sleep tonight!.

I will jump on tomorrow ...Storm so sorry to hear about your DH.

Cass

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast