Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #12

Storm sorry to hear your DH is so sick. I hope he has a very quick recovery.

Fletchie thats so great about your friend. Nothing like gorgeous bubs to help the process along eh...and we all know how gorgeous beautiful Zaney is!!!

Rae cant wait to see some more pics of little Ella..she looks so sweet in her ticker!

Cass I hope Kaitlyn sleeps well for you tonight. That really is an early start to the day! Sammy will normally be in bed by 8...will wake often through the night but will have a quick feed and be straight back down. Most days he will have 2x 1 hour sleeps but there has been a few days of late where he has just had the one and that will last for almost 2 hours. They seem to think that they are sooo much bigger than they actually are dont they.

I must update my babiesonline page...ive got some gorgeous pics of Sammy with flowers behind his ears. They are sooo cute..and he really looks like hes thinking..oh dear ive got this and more to look forward to with three big sisters!!!

Well we are off to Perth tomorrow...lots of lovely cuddles and looking forward to some chill out time..last weekend was sposed to be our weekend off but Darren spent it in the hospital with Jess so it doesnt count!!! Anyway hope its a lovely one for you all.

Jo

Morning!

Cass - Hope Kailtyn slept well for you last night. Lucie is refusing night time bottle too, but persistent mummy has so far managed. Think I might try ditching that soon, and that will mean she is down to 1, but what can I do? Paed said I could anyway, so we will see. Hope you have a lovely weekend with your munchkin.

Fletch - LOL I think Lucie's website may have even expired! I will have to get off my behind and finish the film in the camera and get it uploaded. How cute Zane being zonked after hanging out with his mates.

Jo - Hope you have a nice cuddly weekend!

Rae - does this mean you are going to start TTC again soon?

Storm - Hope it all settles soon in your household.

Tracey - Ah not much Tracey time by the sounds of things then! Take it easy matey

Well after stressing all day yesterday thinking we'd have to do CC toget Lucie to sleep in her cot she was in there all night last night!!!!!!!! Whoohoooooo! Admittedly I was up about half a dozen times to quickly resettle her, but it's a start anyway. And despite being up so much, the sleep that I did get was heaps better, so much more room in our bed! But I did miss cuddling my munchkin, it needs to be done though. Hopefully she had better sleep too.

Hi girls
    Well it's a rainy day in Penrith today...usually hate these kind of days but it's actually been really nice relaxing with DH and Ella (she's having a nice big sleep right now). We had all these plans with renos on house but they're all out due to weather. Oh well - it's nice to take it easy...and DH made me breaky too so that was lovely!
    Looking forward to dinner at Rona's tonight...El and Zaney will have heaps of fun together - oh and i get to pick up my invites that the talented Fletch has made - yay!!!

Yeah in response to ur question Soph about TTC - it's on the cards for the near future. i'd like to have the same age gap between Ella and next sibling as there is between Ella and my niece, Leila (the one i look after during the week) cause they get on soooo well. Leila is about to turn 3 so maybe in the next 6 months or so we'll start TTC. i'll definately keep u all posted about any progress though!!! i've certainly got that cluckiness all over again now that ella isn't really a baby anymore.

Well hope u all have a great weekend! Hoping that those of u not feeling so good - as well as family members - begin to feel much better, and that bubs that aren't sleeping and eating too well also begin to cooperate more for u.

Rae

Hi Girls,

Trace I am glad to hear I am not the only mummy crying when leaving my bubba ..although I am sure EVERY mum does it still feels different when it is your little baby doesnt it . The slowcooker receipe was the one in the SC forum..although I added a whole jar of plum jam as I cooked to big racks of ribs ...very yummy!. Tonight I did a beef and vege stew thing and Kaitlyn DEVOURED it! Your poor cousin , I hope she is ok and coping ..I cant even imagine how hard that must be.

Jo no probs on the reciepe ..I also found one for Dahl if you would like that :-) :
    Ratatouille
    1Lrg Onion Chopped
    2cloves garlic , Crushed
    2 TBLS tomato paste
    2 Eggplants, cut into 3cms squares
    2 Medium xucchinis sliced into 1cm rings
    1 red capsicum , deseeded and chopped in to 3cms pieces
    1 green capsicum , deseeded and chopped in to 3cms pieces
    2 x 400g cans chopped tomatos
    2TBLS chopped fresh thyme
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Cook in slow cooker HIGH 3-4Hours OR Low 6-7hours

I tell you I have a new lover and he is big and silver and his nickname is SC hehehehehe

Soph I hear you on the CC thing ..I really struggle with letting Kaitlyn cry even for a minute!...to soft I am hehe. What a good little princess Lucie was sleeping in her cot !

Rae and Fletch I hope you are having a lovely dinner tonight!.

Ok girls I need your advice...what are your bedtime routines and how do you put your bubbas to sleep?. Kaitlyn is a funny girls and if you rock her to sleep she will wake HEAPs during the night and you have to rock her everytime...but she hates being put in her cot awake and will cry. We had it all kinda ok until we moved and four teeth came through and mummy got soft and was rocking her to sleep ..helppppp I should have this by now but I am still clueless as to how to get her settled. So just want your routines and rituals to help ..or at least make me feel like it is all normal :-)

Well my DH's parents are coming over tomorrow as we invited them ( olive branch blah blah ..is that the saying???) Anyway so nervous as I have not seen them since Jan17th after we had a huge fight. I know it will all be ok but still it is going to be so uncomfortable!.

Hope you girls are all enjoying your evenings.

Cass

Good luck tomorrow cass - i hope it all goes well...i know it'llbe weird and uncomfortable for a bit but just think that if u can get through that 1st bit its better than living with constant anger and annoyance (i've been there and my situation now isn't all roses and sunshine but it's sooooooo much better than before when we were fighting...ur a big woman to extend the olive branch!!!!!) i'll definately be thinking of u all xxxxx

And as 4 the night routine - i pretty much make sure ella is well and truly tired after heaps of activity time (without being pushed over the edge) and well fed, then i wrap her up really tight and cosy in her muslin wrap, make sure her room is a nice temp...(we have an oil heater in there now cause when the temp was droppin at night she'd wake up) , put on her music for dreaming cd (which we play every sleeptime so she knows when she hears it its time for bed), give her the dummy and walk out closing the door. Usually she goes off - occasionally she'll have a cry and try to fight it but if we leave her for a bit, 5 mins or, she'll usually accept that its bedtime and go to sleep. If she keeps crying then i'll go in make sure she's wrapped up with dummy, give her a little reassurance without talking too much (like shhhhh, and pat her lightly) then walk out again. Usually this does the trick cause she knows that i'm not gonna pick her up but also that i am still there.

Anyway thats what we do and ella is a great sleeper - but thats what we've done from the beginning so she's used to this routine now. I don't know if any of this will be of any use to u - the teething thing is something we r yet to deal with as she only has 1 - so things might change for us also. I really hope she sleeps better for u tonight so u can all get a good nights rest!!!!

Let us know how u go tomorrow with it all

Cass, I found when Indah was teething or got a cough/cold she'd wake s bit more & it would start a new 'routine' which I didnt like... I have to get up at 5:45am during the week for work, so I started letting her cry out a bit longer & now I pop her on her tummy & walk out she is usually crawling around in her cot, but puts herself to sleep happily... Now she doesnt wake til the morning (unless she is unwell or teething) she only really whinged & whined there was never really any crying as such & if there is I go in.. But it's more calling out to see if anyone else is awake to play with...
    If I wake up & hear her I wait a bit then go to toilet & by the time I am walking back to bed she is silent... so I dont go in...

Sorry I havent been around much it's been so bloody hectic, but oh well 9 sleeps tol our family holiday!!!!

Ok best go have brekky!

I am gonna make some veggie meatball patties!!! they sound yummy!

Tracey - Not long till your well deserved holiday, you must be very excited!

Cass - Hope all goes well with the family. I'll write below about our bedtime routines....

Rae - I'm v jealous of your good sleeper, can she please have a word to Lucie?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Well we are biting the bullet and doing CC with Lucie. I really think we haven't been left with much option, with #2 coming soon she really needs to be sleeping well before then. DH just doesn't wake, so if Lucie still carries on like this I will be even more zombified! Basically Cass I spoke to Tresillian today and they said you have to stop all sleep associations, like feeding to sleep. A big prob with Lucie cos it's the only time I can get her to take a bottle, so basically we are going with what the paed said and ditching them too. I don't think she will mind. In fact to be honest I really think milk makes her feel icky, cos as you all know she has never been a fan. Even if I mix it with her food I think she knows. So now I am trying to grate cheese into her meals instead of giving her milk. She'll drink water from a sippy cup, I just have to hope that's enough for her. So first session of CC this am she cried for 40 mins then fell asleep sitting up hands around the cot bars head against them too. Oh I felt like such a bad mummy. So I went in and just lay her down. She woke 40 mins later then cried for an hour before we got her up for lunch. Next session due anytime, but she's being as good as gold, she must know! In for a nightmare week I'm told, but really don't think I can do much else.

Cass - how did it go with the family today? hope it was ok...been in my thoughts today

How are the little darlings Kaitlyn, Lucie and Charli going?....and u poor mums - how are u all holding up? hope things brighten for u all soon

Tracey - u must be soooooo lookig forward to ur family holiday - u deserve a nice break

And on a positive note we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Fletchs' last night. El and Zaney had fun terrorising eachother. They're so cute together!!! Thanks again Rona for a fun night - i'll definately return the favour soon!!! Oh and i got my invites for ella's birthday sent off today - Rona did such a FAB job on them!!!!!

Night girls

Thanks Brooke for the thoughts - yeap it surely is tough but gotta be done! I can't believe you've done birthday invites already too. Ahhhhh I better get a move on, not that we have many people to invite? What are you guys doing for birthdays anyway?

Rae - Glad dinner at Fletch's went well. It's great that Ella and Zane get along so well too.

Well munchkin went down after only 20 mins last night at 7/30 and slept until nearly 4am without a dummy. I couldn't believe it! But I won't count my chickens yet - I think it was more out of pure exhaustion. I gave her a bottle at 4am (I usually give her one around this time anyway, but had been getting her up still asleep to give it to her) but then she wouldn't go back to sleep after. So I expect she'll be pretty tired around 8am. Of course I woke at 12.30am and couldn't get back to sleep myself. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh and Brooke - saw your thread in the Names section, must say awesome first choice for a girl
    Last edited by Trillian; July 18th, 2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Hi ladies

Awww Brooke now Im gonna have to find the thread and find your name. Bet its gorgeous. Poor Charli with her chest infection. Hope the antibiotics help. Good for you getting organized for Charli's bday too..sounds like fun.

Sorry you are having sleeping probs with Luc Soph. Sleep deprivation is such a killer.

Rae and Fletchie your dinner sounds lovely. Sounds so sweet the bubs can play together.

Cass how did your dinner go with the Inlaws? Our nightime routine is generally bath,dinner play, books,boobyfeed bed. He falls asleep at the breast and I transfer him into his cot. He wakes a few times during the night for bfeed but resettles very easily.

Trace hope you got some time to yourself over your busy weekend.

Well I had lots and lots of snuggles with my little niece. She seems so tiny (7lb). She is the spitting image of her dad with a lot of black hair...so sweet. Didnt make me even remotely clucky though...i wanted to test myself!!! For me Sammy is such a baby still. I really feel happy with having the 4...i just dont think I could venture to 5.

Have a lovely day girls

Jo

Cute Butt Mr Zane!!!!

Well Dh has an ear infection so is off to Dr tomorrow, I said he'd better get it sorted before we fly or else OUCH!

I got no time to myself at all on the weekend, but it flet good to catch up with my cousin & let her have some time away from home, even though her kids came too, just a chance to think of something other than her X DP!
    I have a bit of a head cold, as does Indah... I forgot to pack clothes for her this morning & so my sisi put her in my nieces old clothes (she's 6) Indah looked ridiculous as the smallest outfit she had was a 4! Oh well stoopid me!

I cant wait to sit in a pool with a scotch & think of no Cadburys!

Brooke, Indah is not 38 I think in Great Grand kids on my Mum's side of the family.... When we all get together its; loud & so much fun we are all REALLY, REALLY close!

OOOPs bubba's cougjhing!!!

Hi Girls ,

sorry I cant even fit in personals tonight as I had my mum and sister over for dinner ...DH was home late so I invited them last minute and it was soooo nice!. One of the advantages of moving, I am now closer to them!.

Meet up with DH's parents went "ok" on Sunday. It was very tense but as polite as it can be. DH's mum would tell DH things in Russian ( as they are Russian) like " she is cold put a jumper on her " blah blah. She wanted to fed Kaitlyn something and I had to say no Idid not want her to have the Roast Chicken as she had already eaten lunch ...finally I had to just tell her NO. Could go on and on about it ...but wont. All in all it was ok ...I got Chicken and salads from Woolies which was my way of saying I put in no effort ...mean I know as I ALWAYS cook so my MIL knows it was me putting in no effort HAHA. Anyway I could see it was nice for DH as I guess it is just a relief so I am really happy for him.

COnfirmed it is rats in the house ARGHHHHHHHHHH. They were in the walls SCRATCHING all night last night so we did not sleep!. Poison is in roof and under house so fingers crossed they are a GONER!. I called wires before we knew they were rats and jokingly said " I need someone to remove some possums as they are in danger of being hurt ..haha ...by me ..hehehe" The woman thought I was serious! geeze I was laughing !. Anyway they are big fat dirty foul rats ....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thank you all so much for your replies on sleeping ...so hard to get the sleep thing right or so it feels anyway . I hate Kaitlyn crying although I know she needs to ...I dont want her to ... Soph my thoughts are with you babe as there is nothing worse then CC for a mummy. Are you getting rid of dummy at sametime?.

HOpe all the mummies and bubbies sleep well . Promise I will do personals tomorrow.

Cass

Sorry no time for personals. Exhausted mummy here. Lucie woke everyo hour to hour and a half, settled herself most times but then woke at 3.30am, gave her a bottle and she wouldn't go back to sleep, plus no day sleeps yesterday.

Thanks Cass for the understanding - yeap we are ditching dummy at same time. I am so near breaking point..........

Melody Guest

Just popping in to say a quick hello to ~Jo~, ellibugs, Kelli D, Storm, Fletch & *Yvette*.
    (Not sure where you all reside in here )

I cant believe our little people are nearly a year old!!!! Only one more month to go.... Just skimming through the last few pages with all you lovely ladies I think I am going to have to come to this thread more often!

Hi girls

Well my DH is away for a few nights in Tamworth for work so i'm missing him a bit....but at least i get some QT with bb....oh and my little Ella of course...woops - lol!!!!

Cass - i'm so glad things weren't too bad for u with the PIL - loved ur lack of effort with the food - so clever and cheeky of u Sorry to hear that they're officially rats in ur house -eeeewwww! Hope kaitlyn's sleeping gets better for u soon.

Brooke - ohhhhhhhh i feel for u with ur little lioness Charli - it must just break ur heart. Sending heeeeeaaaappppps of get well vibes her way How's the new preg going - feeling sick urself?

Soph - i'm with Brooke with u doing an amazing job - ur a champion mummy! Can't believe the energy u have being really preg and determined to correct sleeping patterns in Lucie. Good luck with it all....and try and get some 'Soph-time' too!!!!

Fletch - Zane looks soooooooooooo adorable in that pic (wolf whistle from Ella)!

Jo - how's Jess going? And i still can't get over Sammy walking around all over the place - it must be sooooo strange seeing ur baby up on two feet like a big person. As much as i'm eager for Ella to get there...and will be so proud of her, i think that i'll feel kind of sad at the same time. My bub is growing soooooo quickly..........time to follow Brooke's footsteps and have another. Hopefully i'll get Fletch to join me so we can go back to aquanatal again!!!

Trace - lol about Indah in the big girl clothes - she must have looked hilarious!!!

Hi also to Storm and Melody - hope u gals and ur munchkins are doing well

Well - i'm having one of those great lazy days, since DH is away i'll prob just have toasted sandwiches for dinner - so don't need to cook. And i got all the cleaning, washing and even the dreaded ironing done yesterday so i'm a free woman!!! Ella and Leila (my neice) are sleeping now so i might spend some time chatting!!!

See ya xxx

Hi Girls!

Soph I am so sorry to hear about your night. Letting them cry is the hardest thing but she wont remember it when she is older. When I was a baby i was really ill with reflux anyway a Dr told my mum at about 7months or so I needed to learn how to fall asleep on my own so she was to put me in bed and close all the doors and just leave me. Back then what Drs said was gospel so she did and it took me a couple of hours to cry myself to sleep and mum sat and cried at the kitchen table the whole time...still to this day she says it is one of the worst memories she has ..poor mum...me I dont have a clue heheh.

Fletch I love the new pic of Zane ..he looks so cute!. What have your organised for Zanes 1st Bday? Might have to "borrow " some ideas hehehe.

Rae if you are just relaxing come to my place I have plenty of ironing you can do hehehe. Just kidding relax and enjoy a well earned rest!

Brooke so sorry about your folks ..it is horrible hey. But I think sometimes parents dont realise that they have not been replaced but there is a new family forming as well and that just has to take priority. I think DH;s family was suprised that he took stood by my side rather then theirs ...his older brother always stands by theirs not his wifes. Now they are fairly clear on how much our family means to DH and I ...and I am now withdrawing myself from them and it will be a polite relationship...no more calling them mum and dad... I mean I treated her like a mum ..she betrayed my trust ...bye bye ...she has set the tone for the relationship ..made her bed and now she can lay in it !!!!!!!!!

Hiya to all the other girls and bubs!

Well we had a SHOCKER of a night last night . Kaitlyn slept all night but the rats kept us up . They were so BLOODY LOUD even our cats did not sleep in the bed with us!. So tonight if they are not dead from the bait ( gosh I hope they are) then we are moving the mattress to the loungeroom so we can actually get some sleep.

Today I took Kaitlyn to a playgroup in our area . Really nice bunch of ladies and a few kids Kaitlyns age so it was really nice. For the next few weeks before I go back to work I am going to try and socialise her even more with large number of kids in the hope that she will feel a little more comfortable with all the kids being around her at daycare...should have started earlier but oh well . So she is snoozing now and I expect her to be up any minute and we will have a nice afternoon of playing at home. She is crawling everywhere so I am trying to get the place childproofed so she can have the run of the house. She currently loves the glass coffee table of course , surround sound speakers , powerpoints and cables and anything she cant have!. She has also worked out she should not throw things off her highchair so she holds her cup over the side and waits for me to say no then she drops it hehehe. MIL said I should get her in trouble and put a stop to it ..PLEASE!!! I just say "Please dont do that honey" and a soft "no" Think she is a bit young to be yelled at!

Tell me girls do you give your bubbas cups of milk yet? Someone told me it can make their bowel bleed if you give it to them in large QTY before 12months?????.

HOpe you are all having a great day!

Cass

sigh...........

only 9 days until my baby has a number......

where oh where has this year gone????

Hello all! Hope you are all fairing well!

Seeya for now

Hi Kelli - ohhhhhhhh - i'll be joining you with the next month!!!!! it's amazing how quickly time flies by!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast