Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #15

Omg Soph! I can't believe there are less than 3 weeks to go!!

Oh Poor Kaitlyn, cass, I hope all the yuck is over real soon, it's so terrible when their bums are running!

Zac is well, but I have a cold, gee I hope he doesn't catch it, it's only been a month or 2 since he had one, I don't want him to get it.**stay away from my baby**
    He is so happy amusing himself with his toys these days, it's sad.

How is every body today?
    Trace, have you sorted out the girls room now? Dh still hasn't moved Zac, he is never going to do it!grrrr.

Ok some little man is tired. Time for house work while he sleeps. bye bye

HI all!!!
    OMG - i think it's actually beginning to hit me that my precious little Ella will be 1 tomorrow. It really is bittersweet for me cause as completely proud and excited i am about it i'm also feeling really emotional too. I think because it was just such a terrifying day for us with both Ella and myself almost not making it through and not even being able to see her or hold her for soooooooo long afterwards.....awww now i'm a blubbering mess - sorry girls!!!!
    On a brighter note - how exciting that little Lucie and Charli are reaching that special number 1 tomorrow too What a wonderful day 24th August is

Cass - sorry to hear that the rats are back...are they some kind of mutant resistant ones?!! And congrats on the non-watery poo!
    Storm - hope ur cold goes away soon...what a pain for u.
    Jo - hope that weather clears up and that u get some of ours...it's been gorgeous! Hope it stays for Ella's b'day party on Sat.
    Fletch - it was a great day yesterday...Trish and the twins and Liz and Tallon are lovely. Looking forward to next week. Bessi and Zeke might come with me too.
    Trace - DH has been away for two nights - grrr and i think i'm o'ing today. He gets back tonight so i'm hoping it's not too late for those little swimmers to catch my eggy! How are u going convincing ur DH?
    Hello to everyone else....

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trace hows the room going? Emmy and Livvy share a room and while sometimes they are great together othertimes they are terrible lol. Bet Maddy will love it though!

Cass sorry to hear that Kaitlyn still has runny poos poor darling. Wow that does sound like a big party..bet she has a ball.

Soph I cant believe you walked 7kms:eek: What an effort you clever thing. Sammy and I just went for a 5k bike ride and Im buggered after that and im not 8 months pregnant!!!! Have fun making your cake wont you..your party sounds like fun. I made a teddy bear cake lol not sure if Sammy noticed or not lol but he enjoyed eating it!

Rae hope you are having fun getting ready for miss Ella's big day too!

Storm has it sunk in that you have a little pink passenger??

Hello everyone else..hope you are all well.

Soph I think my little man is getting some of Lucie's early riser vibes..he was up at 6:00 this morning and thats so unlike him!!! Well we had an eventful night...my darling Livvy brought home some pets in her hair!!!!:eek: I pulled out about 10 huge lice so whoever she got them from yesterday must be severely infected...hope weve nipped it in the bud though..i couldnt stand a breakout!

Jo

Ergh Jo I hate nits! Kaitlyn always seems to get them, we went through a stage once where, every afternoon I would sit her down & do her hair. So much for spending big $$ on solutions 1/2 the time it doesn't work. Hope you get rid of them all!!
    Yeah the pink has sunken in, I wanna go shopping & buy pink frilly dresses!!So excited!!!!

Have fun making your cake Soph, i made a "1" as well. I put mini m'm's on the icing & Zac enjoyed picking them off & eating them!! Wow tomorrow Lucie will be 1, enjoy it wont you??

Oh Rae I hope you catch the eggie! & big hugs for you, I guess Ella turning one would bring back all your scarey memories, but alas, you are both fine & she's turning one! !st b'days are a real special occassion I reckon for both mum & Bubs.So take a moment for yourself too.Where does the time go? Have a great day tomorrow.

My first born turned 14 on Sunday, now that was hard to deal with!

I know Storm arent they disgusting. I guess its just one of those things with school but ergggh it gets me annoyed how parents just dont check their kids hair. My girls have long hair so its a pain in the butt!!!! Storm..happy birthday to Dylan..hope he had a nice day...its so weird isnt it. I cant get over us having to fill out stuff for high school for Jess..god it seems like yesterday she was Sammys age!

Rae I so know what you mean about it being bittersweet. Its such an emotional time for all the Mumma's. Enjoy it though wont you. I hope its a good night tonight for you with Dh being home if a little bubba isnt already growing in there!!!

Jo

OMG I just realised how important the 24th August is... Hmmm what happens 9 mths prior tothat day???

Coz my BIL turns 35 tomorrow & my Best friend turns 34 tomorrow & ofcourse then theres, Lucie, Ella & Charli!!! OMG, what a day... Is it Christmas....nope November is that 9 months before??? hmmm, very interesting that i know 5 people celebrating tomorrow!!!!

WELL from Maddy, Indah & myself "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALLL!!!!!"

Nope havent sorted beds out yet for the girls, but I am getting my uncle to build a wooden loft bed, but it has to be a double bed, then I am gonna paint it white & get a single bed to go underneath with a trundle & maybe some drawers as well (we have higher than normal ceilings) plus a cherst of drawers to match & get them all under the losft bed.. Dble bed going one way & the single underneat going the other way...
    Then I am chucking the TV cupboard thingy in Maddy's room out & will attach a Tv to the wall on a bracket instead, so that will open the room up & give it more space for the 2 to share, but I am getting it all for them for christmas as they dont need anymore toys, or clothes etc... So if we do that it can be their Christmas presents.... So will set the beds up & then get matching Doona covers etc to make the room nicer & kind of matching, so if maddy has a friend sleep over they can both go on top bed & if they both have a friend we will have a trundle as well, but I'll pop Maddy's current bed in Indah's room so we will still have a spare single bed & then once Indah's ready for a bed we can pop her in there & have the other room for a NEW BABY!!!!! Nope not yet... But I am starting to temp & OPK as of this month... Woo hoooo!

Rae, Soph & Brooke I hope you all have a gorgeous day tomorrow on your labour day anniversary & also the celebration of having survived 1 whole year of motherhood!!! hee hee

Cass those rats are just not giving up hey!!!! Good luck with kaitlyn's poo & I have found Indah gets a really nasty cold when she teeths, I think it's thgeir body becoming run down!? I hope she's better soon...

Jo, Yucky nits, I bought a zapper comb, I comb it through most nights before bed, no chemicals... They are such yucky creep[y things, I hope they are all gone now!!!

Storm, Congrat's on a another pink princess! As I said before both your name choices are beautiful...

Fletch a guy from work just had a baby boy last Friday & his name is Zane.... Cool name hey?!

OOOh, I am so excited to go shopping for matching Doona's or even funky contrasting doona's!!! Ok see I am delirious I need another baby!

Rae I hope you catch the egg, if not just wat for me, Im right behind you!!!!
    i

Big hugs to you Rae .....cant believe all three bubbas are one tomorrow ...wowa!

Trace your room design sounds very cool! I thought of you this morning as I changed Kaitlyns snotty vomited on sheets hehehe...because I remember Indah had a night like that not to long ago .

Jo I hope you got rid of all your nasty fat visitors!

Soph and Storm we are doing a "1" cake with m'ms as well! And then it will be surrounded by heaps of cupcakes decorated as animals ( from womans weekly cake book)

Wooooo Trace, your ideas for the girls room sound fab! How long til you guys are gonna start TTC? Anyday now? How exciting hey?? HA ha November was the naughty month!!

It is so annoying Jo, when other parents dont check their kids hair, we have seen a litle girl at school with georgous neat piggy tails & along the part she was infested! How did the mother not notice that!! I've been doing Amy's high school forms too! Argh how can she be going to high school too? I dont want her to go, she's my little raga muffin! Plus next Monday her braces go on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It is so hard coping with kids growing up!!

Oh Cass the cake sounds great!!!

The kids room sounds like it will be great Trace...im like you...doonas are soo pretty right now and can just tie a room in all together. Emmy has a big fluffy pink that looks like a shaggy mat that is just gorgeous and Livvy has a unicorn one with one of those giant unicorns that sit on her bed. Jess's bed just turned out fantabuloulsy..i dont really buy second hand that much but this was just such a unique and fantastic buy..we love it..and painted it a gorgeous colour..it looks the same as the purply blue in monicas appt from 'friends' hehe...only thing is her tv,dvd,vid recorder is too low for her now..so will have to think of something there!

Yummy cakes all sound gorgeous. Cass thats such a great idea with the cupcake animals!

Storm I know!!!! Gross. Are you happy with your high school for Amy? We are on the waiting list for a private school for Jess...have my fingers crossed. As a back up though we have a public school that my Dad is a teacher at so worst case he will be keeping an eye on her! We are just being reminded how important friends become at this age!

Sammy is having a big sleep today. Im feeling so unmotivated..bad me..too much ironing calling me and my natural reluctance is not a good combination!

Amy will be going to the same high school Dylan goes to. I am not very happy with it at all. The school average is very low academically wise, what they class as top of the class only averages as "average" on the state syllabus very sad, but Dylan is doing really well he was off the chart on the last lot of state exams, & Amy is the same with the basic skills tests they have. We can no way afford private schooling for them unfortunately. So I can really only encourage them to be their best & help them set high standards for themselves.
    It would be really good for Jess to go to a school where your Dad teachers. Private would be the best, but atleast you'll have your Dad there being your eyes!!

Oh i am so slack I am still in my pj's, only pegged out 1 load of washing, Zac is asleep & I have done nothing!! Well, I can blame this cold, even though it's not a shocker! he he I am just plain old slack.

Awww Storm...i dont think any one with 4 chilluns and one on the way could ever be slack!!! You are doing a wondeful job. Thats so great that Dylan is doing so well too..you must be very proud! You are right with the school...and i should be thankful that Dad would be there but I cant help worrying about just how impressionable they are at this age. Jess does well academically and is a student councillor but I worry about the influence of some of her friends on her as sometimes she admits to not being able to find the strenght to say what she knows is right and act on it. Shes been in a music program for the past two years and now doesnt want to continue with it because of what her friends who arent in it say.

Jo

OOOh your all making me feel bad about buying a cake for Indah's party!!! Esp, when I adore making desserts & all of my desserts get raved about!
    But I wont have time to make it perfect, so I think I am just gonna go to the whole sale cake shop & get them to make something special for her!!! Unless I find time in my pockets somewhere!???
    I am also going to the wholesale finger food warehopuse to get fingerfoods coz I wont have time to cook... I want to enjoy the day & not worry about the food too much... Am I bad!???

As for the girls bedroom I know I am so looking forward to it being their little spot for privacy!!!

Sounds like the girls rooms are gorgeous at your place Jo....

Also I can imagnie how sacry highschool stuff is, I was told today by a lady that her daughters worst year in primary school was grade 3 as it's when they are no longerthe babies of the school, but too young to be hanging with the older kids so they start to get all emotional & she said it's when teasing & b!tchiness begins...
    Then she said "OOOOh, you'll have grade 3 & a terrible 2 next year to deal with!" Yikes am I in for a hard time???? oh well & hopefully preg with my last baby too... OOOH now that's more terrifying.....

Aww Trace I think you are a wonderful mum. You cant do everything..just enjoy Indah's special day! Ive never had any probs in year 3. I personally think the fun starts in year 5...with the *****iness with girls. Til then they really are littlies!

Jo

Ooooh ahhhh hhhhh lots of posts!

My '1' cake is being covered in M&M's too - how funny! I actually cheated though and got packet cake mixes Sshhhhhhh. Maybe that's what you could do Tracey? And don't worry about buying finger food - I am too! Would love to cook it all but not gonna happen I'm afraid. I'm only planning on making some little zucchini quiches - mainly for the bubbas. Lucie likes them (OMG!) so figure it is something nutritious at least for the bubbas.

Cass - Don't stress too much about the runny pooh now honey, if she has her appetite back it's a pretty good sign I reckon that she's on the mend.

Jo and Storm - You women are legends with all your kids! Sounds like it gets even tougher when they get older in some ways. Urrrrrghhhhh schooling decisions - not looking forward to that one!

Tracey - the room sounds gorgeous. You will have to show us photos when it's done. Awesome idea doing it for Christmas too - hopefully they will be soooo excited too that it is a 'treat' that it will work really well. What age are you thinking of putting Indah in a big bed?

Jo - Eeek on the nits! Hope they vacate the premises quick smart. Hope you got the ironing done. Do you iron all the kids clothes? Please tell me no, I NEVER iron Lucie's stuff and basically none of mine, only DH's work shirts. I'm a slack mumma already!

Rae - Hope tomorrow is super for your little girl. I had a little tear before - didn't think I would but I was just watching Lucie play by herself and thinking 'Wow a year ago she wasn't even here yet and look at her now running around!'.

Storm - Go and buy some pink woman, you deserve a little splurge!

Ahhhhh so much to do. Dh should be home in about an hour then I have to race to the supermarket and grab everything for tomorrow. Cakes are out of the oven and cooling, fridge has been cleaned out and pressies wrapped. Oh got some yummy fresh flathead for dinner too - my fav fish! Do your bubbas like fish? Lucie loves it grilled from the shop in the park, hoping she likes it tonight.

Awwww Soph.... How cute & yep being a Mum has made me so much more emotional about anything to do with my girls...
    I think Indah will go into a big bed when she's about 15-18months, but it will entirely depend on her, Maddy kept getting outta her cot & hopping into the bed next to it, so I just put her in the bed & she never got up... she was about 16 mths...?
    I will take pic's & seeing as neither need anything it's pointless buying useless toys & stuff just for the heck of it... Esp as their b'day are both coming up...
    Indahs' getting outside toys to paly on & clothes, also heaps of other stuff from family & friends we have sent out 20 invites & e-mailed others to come!!!! My sister whom has her 3 days a week is getting her thgis massive Tonka truck as it's all she will play with at her house!!! heee heeee
    For Maddy I got her basketball runners & clothes & some books... Not sure but I think Inlaws will be here around Maddy's b'day. So I think we will have a disco party in the garage for her!!! Phew it's gonna be tiring too.. So a bedroom makeover for Christmas is gonna be good!

I think I might just buy the cake, they are so cheap there & real Mud cakes etc, we get all our cakes from there coz it's a wholesale place for massive reastaurants & really yummy not like cakeshop cakes that taste fake...
    Dh will cook some Balinese finger foods no doubt, I will make up some quiches too, but the rest will be mini pizza's, curry puffs etc as I have basket ball from 9:15am til 10am then grabbing last minute bit's & pieces, head home clean up as best as possible, try to get Indah to have a sleep so she wont be grumpy, then at 2pm the party starts! As I didntr wnat to ahve to get plates, cutlery etc for a full lunch s just finger foods, dips etc ... Man i am gonna be knackered! I might get Dh yo take maddy to basketball, but he will probably be wanting to cook! Aaaarrrggghhh I dont know it'll be OK!

A friend dropped off some home smoked slamon with garlic last night & it was delicious!! Indah chews & chews & chews on most foods then spits them out!???

Maddy was eating anything & everything at this age Indah is so fussy if it's lumpy, but wont eat mush!???? OH well...

Soph its so exciting...hope its a lovely day tomorrow. Sounds yummy too!!! I dont iron everything lol... kids school clothes and skirts i do though but play stuff not really...only going out stuff. The work shirts are the worst arent they...ive been so vague lately twice Darren has put his shirts and tie on and then ive noticed that ive forgotten to iron a sleeve!!!

The disco party sounds great Trace. Is Maddys party soon? Livvys in in November but Im happy to wait a bit longer before I start planning for it. She wants a sleepover party though we will see.

Sammys eating a choccie biscuit right now...happily walking around chasing the kids and their friends..funny boy!

Jo

All this nirthday talk and I can't believe my Miss Maria is 1 on Sunday. We are having a party as well - about 30 people (including kids) for a BBQ. I am making a frog cake as Maria loves the "galump goes the little green frog" song the best. Then on Monday we fly to Darwin, DH has to work on Tuesday up there and has time in leiu owing, thus instead of going to the snow we are going to the sun, 31 degrees here I come.

Hope all bubs and mums are well or getting better

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast