Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #15

Ok Ladies, I need desperate help from you my trusted confidantes!!!

Dh & I were talking over dinner & he said he didnt really think we can afford to bring his parents out to visit us... He said he'd love to go home briefly & see them all, but that's not gonna happen. I think I am gonna on a whim book him a 2 week trip home to see his family late Oct early Nov so in between the girls birthdays (Maddy's is late Nov)..
    So I would book & pay & give it to him for father's day as a total surprise... I know deep down if it wsa my family I'd wnat to see them after 3 years away from them & they are so, so close as a family...
    We cant afford for us all to go right now & I cant take time off now knowing I also want to take time off when we have another baby...
    Do you think I am mad, or silly, or what???
    HONEST answers please....

Also we maesure the bedroom & think we will just get 2 single bunk beds with storage & a trundle so the girls will have room to play etc still...? I will measure it all up before we make final decision though...

Ok I am off to bed so will pop back on in morning to see what you think....
    We can afford for him to go, as it's cheap & he stays ofcourse in the viallge but for 4 of us its' just not possible, so it's him alone or not at all.....

OOOH decisions decisions!!!!!

Thanks all

Hi Maria & Louise too!!!

I don' t think it's silly Trace, It's a wonderful idea, Dh will love it for father's day, I reckon it's the best pressie anyone could get.
    You're a very thoughtful person!!
    Go for it

trace I think thats an awesome idea!!!!!!

Tracey, that is just the best fathers Day pressie ever!! What a lovely wife u are to think of him like that.. I'm sure he will be WRAPPED!!
    Check out Jetstar for cheap flights cause they start flying to Bali in Nov I think??

Lucie, Ella and Charli....
    Hope all u gorgeous bubbas have an excellent day 2moro!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U 3!!!

I'd better get off to bed cause Jack woke earlier today (7am!!) and I'm feeling a bit tired..hehehehe

A huge to everyone and sending u all sweet dreams....

Chat to everyone properly 2moro!!

Nighty Night!!

Trace I think its a lovely idea. I can imagine how much your DH will appreciate it. The only thing I could possibly think of if they come out here too is that they would get to see the girls but if costs are a factor then naturally it would be better for your DH to go home. Arent you just the sweetest kindest thing.

Louise the frog cake sounds just gorgeous. Wow at going to Darwin too you lucky thing..hope you have a lovely time!!!

Hope you and gorgeous Jack are well Alex.

Brooke Im so sorry to hear you have had an awful night..the night before your precious girls birthday of all days! Hope its a wonderful day for you both tomorrow.

Jo

Hi girls!

Sorry, this will be short...I'm just popping in quickly now as I am working tomorrow and won't be home until late (& will have family here when I get home) and I wanted to post just in case I don't get a chance tomorrow....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUCIE, CHARLOTTE & ELLA!!!

Have a lovely day, gorgeous girls! And you too gorgeous mums, Soph, Brooke & Rae!

Tracey - sounds like a fantastic idea! Your DH will love it and will be so grateful, I am sure.

Storm - congrats on your little girl!

Cass - I hope Kaitlyn is better soon. Particularly with her birthday coming up! Josh must have gotten off lightly with the gastro - it lasted around a week for him.

Jo, Fletch, Alex, Louise, Nic...hi!

As for great minds thinking alike...I'm making Josh the number 1 cake too! And I'm covering it with smarties and freckles! And I've got some candles that spell out his name. (Little individual coloured letters). I'm also going to make some of those little butterfly cakes - you know the ones where you cut a little piece out of the top & fill the hole with cream, then use the cut out piece to make little wings & dust them with icing sugar...I loved them when I was little! Yum!

Anyway, had better run & get a few things done before bed and work tomorrow...bye for now!

Happy Bday LUCIE, CHARLOTTE & ELLA!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families!

Tracey ...I think your idea is a wonderful idea! What a memorable fathers day gift for you DH!.

Brooke I am so sorry to hear about your family!. I actually took the plunge and called my SIL last night as I found out she was 8weeks pregnant ...so after not speaking with her since Jan17th ...I picked up the phone and called. Thankfully all went well. So hard with family as you know they are family but it does not mean you should not all treat each other with the same repect you would treat a bloody stranger!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a great day today and just remember you have a family ...four of you ....you guys are first....and we are you tag on family to hehehe.

Well yesterday I went and bought all the ingrediants and decorations for Kaitlyns Bday cake as mum and I are going to do a test run on Saturday....I see my mum and sis every sat but I am keeping this busy tihs weekend as I need to sew the curtains for Kaitlyns room and do a trial run on the cake which we will then devour at morning tea hehe. Also hired some chairs and a helleum tank for the ballons hehehe.

Jump on and do more personals later!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!!!

To Lucie, Charlotte & Ella.... Wishing you a wonderful Birthday today, with many happy wishes & special surprises!!!!! Party hard girls.....

OK Ladies, I am getting some prices & hopefully Dh will get a happy surprise for fathers Day... I bet he will say he cant go without us, but I am gonna make him go... 3 yrs since he has seen his family & our close friend Pete is heading over at same time so they can go together!!!!

I know his family want to see Indah & Maddy & me too I guess! But he can take video & stuff & hopefully this time next year we can go over together or them come here!!!??

Brooke I hope you have a good day & dont let family issues ruin Charli's 1st b'day!!!!

Ella, Charli & Lucie hope you all Have a wonderful, fun filled day!

to the gorgeous girlies turning one today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCIE!!!!!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLI!!!!!!!
    AND OF COURSE MY LITTLE ELLA!!!!!!!!
    Hope mums and bubs (actually not bubs anymore...boo hoo) have a fantastic day

I have booked Dh to go on 28th Oct til 10th Nov!!! Woo Hoo....

Hope you party girls are whooooooping it up today!

yay thats awesome tracey!!! I want some charcoal tabs p;ease hehehe

Yep, I'll get him to bring some home, plus get him to grab some stuff for the girls!!! hee hee I bet he shops badly!

Girls I am sitting here with tears in my eyes....I dont want to be at work. Kaitlyn is sick ..she vomited at daycare ..but she seems ok so they wont send her home. But I feel like a horrible mum as I want to be with her looking after her ..not shipping her off to daycare.

Also sad I think as my SIL quite work to fall pregnant and will be at home until the new baby goes to school. I am really happy for her ...and am so glad she can do it but I wish Kaitlyn could have that to . Feel like a little child shouting how unfair it all is.

I want my baby....I want to be home with my baby.

Sorry girls ...just very sad today ......I hope all of you get to stay home forever!

Awwwww Cass, sorry you're feeling so bad. Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done! Chin up honey, thinking of you.

Yay for 12 weeks Brooke!! woo hoo, that;s gone fast. Sorry to hear about your family drama's, but your right, not today!! Enjoy your special day & take a moment for yourself as well.

Happy Birthday beautiful girls Lucie, Ella and Charli...hope its a wonderful day for you all and Soph,Rae and Brooke hope you enjoy this very very special day and give your little ones those extra cuddles to let them know just how very precious they are.

Cass Im so sorry. I hope Kaitlyn is feeling better and you can have some mummy time with her after work. I cant begin to know how you are feeling but hugs for you...i dont want you feeling sad.

Yaay Trace...bet hes gonna have a blast..what an awesome fathers day present. Better keep that one quiet here lol..dont think much can top that!

Wow Storm you are nearly half way...whoohoooo...that ticker is just flying. We are starting to think about no 5 now..but while im tempted to just go ahead and see what happens Im worried about $$ and space. Arrrrgh. Part of me wants a little buddy for Sammy..but geez I dont know..excuse my rambling.

We had some friends over for dinner last night which was nice. Sammy was just in performance mode so was proudly showing off all of his walking and kicking at the same time. He can climb into his big red trolley when he wants a push now..its just too cute. Oh...and hes just learnt to hi 5. We say hi 5 and he lifts up his hand and hi 5s us...too clever!!! We had a lovely morning at rhyme time today. Its so funny as we have an entire group of boys so its nice for Sammy after normally being surrounded by girls!

Jo

Awww poor little Zaney..hope his little ankle is ok.

Jo

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh so much going on and I'm soooo zonked sorry!

Happy birthday Ella and Charli!

And thanks heaps for all the birthday wishes everyone.

Party was great fun, kids were stuffing their faces with chips and sausage rolls etc - oh well they don't do it every day! They did polish off the fruit platter too though. Cake looked good, although DH told me it looked a bit more like a '7'. Just a warning for those who are doing the same cake - make sure your bar tins are really long. Mine were a bit stumpy so I couldn't get the proper bottom of the '1' IYKWIM.

So tired have to have a rest while muffet is too.....

Tracey - Awesome present. And I know that his family would want to see you guys, but with a bit of the cash that you will be 'saving', I am sure they will be thankful for a few nice things from Oz, including vids and photos of all of you guys.

Sorry if I don't lie down I think I will literally have a baby......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast