Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

Hello ladies

Storm thats so eeeerriiieeeeeeee....if you have a girl next will it still be Emily Rose....i love both names btw...gorgeous! It was a bit spooky...especially at night by myself...i was very brave..lol. Zac sounds like hes doing great upping the food intake.. all the eating vibes help.

Georgie I am so jealous about your vegie garden...that sounds fantastic. We had one years back but we used to let our rabbits out and they started demolishing it...now that we dont have rabbits though..i should get onto it! Wtg James...yummy yoghurt eh.

Aaaawwww Soph...not a power spew..though like Trace has said it might seem like its all coming up but so many people have told me its really not. Georgies idea of adding cheese is a great one too...be so yummy! LOL at the designated driver for the next 10 years.

Glad the wedding went well Trace and that you managed to find something to wear. Ouchies at bursting boozies too!

Cass the glass of red sounds divine! Pity your pics didnt turn out that well...its hard to get them in the mood sometimes isnt it. I have just got my portraits for you piccies back and while I am happy with them..i do think with digital cameras now we can really do most of the shots that they do...so dont think i will do it again. The benefit of that being that you can do it at home and when bubs is happy! The fairy outfit sounds gorgeous..cant wait to see it. I think its natural to worry too....Sammy isnt crawling either though..and im really not worried at all...they all do things in their own time..and they all get there eventually. Princess Kaitlyn is just taking it all in.

Fletchie
    hi. Nice that you had fun at the park. Does Zane love trees? Sammy will just look up and be completely mesmorised by trees blowing in the wind..it makes you all gooshy inside watching.

Well Ive just gotten back from hanging out at the kids school watching them participate in their jumps for faction carnival. They have their main day on wednesday. Sammy thinks its great. He gets to be immersed in all the action with lots of other kids making such a fuss of him. Poor fella is completely knackered though. We had another ****ty night..sigh...there really doesnt seem to be anything wrong with him other than him wanting to be snuggled up to me...lol.

Well got a tonne of boring housework to do darn it..id much rather be on here chatting away to all you lovely ladies...enjoy your monday!

Jo

PS :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: to all you fussy bubbies...make your mummas proud!

Hi Girls,

Soph I hope Lucie had a big eating day yesterday !. With the plums and peas I just used my little hand held blender thingo. Plums were sooooo easy! With the peas I added a tiny bit of water.

Fletch your trip to the park sounds lovely ! It is so nice to get out and about like that. Have you sat on the swings yet with Zane? Kaitlyn LOVES that!.

Thanks Jo ...I guess they all get moving in their own time . I will have to scan the fairy photo and put it as my ticker when I get it back , I think it will be the only one that really "turns out". Faction carnival sounds fun! It must be good for Sammy to be involved in so much because he has older siblings Kaitlyn would love all that action!.

Well we have major renovations going on next door so the last four days ( including Sunday!) have been very loud as they jackhammer the tiles off their walls..arghhh. I dont mind so much as I know it has to be done and we have all renovated at sometime it is just LOUDDDDDD :fuming: . So yesterday morning when it started again at 9am I bundled Kaitlyn into the car and head off to Centenial Park. We had brekkie under a tree then did a lap of the park and played under a tree again for an hour. She actually did tummy time as she had grass to rip out and destroy ...sooooo funny!.

Then this morning ...so funny girls...DH was killing himself laughing!. I always do the 530amish nappy change and feed in the dark. So I did the usual , up on the change table , quick sniff of the nappy ( mmmI have learnt from experiance to make sure there is nothing runny in there) then whipped the nappy off as there was nothing smelly in there. I heard a plonk on the floor and thought arghhhh she dropped her dummy , bent down and picked it up and it was a poo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told DH I need to connect up her little nightlight now ...he promised he would do it through his laughing hysterically. Also made me realise I better pop up and pick up some prunes for her today .

Anyway girls must run, my mum got back from trekking in India last night so she and my sister are coming over for a day of chatting with lots of cheese , dips , food food food , coffee and maybe even a little wine!.

Chat later ..have a great day ...lots of :eat: and :sleeping: fibes to all the bubs out there!.

Cass re your little incident this morning. I used a night light in Lucie's room until the globe went in it the other day. She has actually been sleeping better at night though I think without it. Oh and if you go to Woolworths to buy one, they are $20 in the baby section, but I saw some in the other section with all the other bits and bobs for only $8 - typical!

Jo - Wow you are one busy mumma! Great that you always get out and about with the kids.

Fletch - Lucie loves watching trees too. It's very cute. Great that you have a park so close, that will be great when Zane is running around.

Ahhhhh I smell a pooh again. Might explain the hunger strike this morning :fuming:

Going up to Brisbane this weekend to pack up the house. I think I will be really sad. We had our wedding reception there. But all is good, contract goes unconditional on Monday.

Cass....thats too funny...thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day with your mum and sister..have a glass of red for me wont you!!!

Awww Soph...i know what you mean about packing up the house..take lots of piccies and your memories will stay in your heart forever. Cmon missy moo..eat up :eat: :eat: :eat:

I have a lil sleeping man and guess what? He was only up 3 times last night. I ended up taking the side of the cot off and putting it right close to my bed so its just an extension of the bed..turns out Sammy loved it being so close to mumma but not in mumma's arms all night so mumma cant sleep O Angel baby!!!

Not much else happening here. Oh my dd Jess won basketball finals last night..shes proudly sporting her medallion. Sammy and I went for a walk this morning. He spent the whole time sucking on his apple. I slice an apple and use the corer on the slice to make a hole...he slips it onto his thumb and nibbles and sucks at it for ages!

Jo

Jo - Well done Jess and well done Sammy on the apple! What a big boy!

Storm - Are you around??? Having a shocker of a day today and need a whinge to someone who knows. How's Zac going?

Soph sorry you are having a bad day hon

Jo

Soph, you can whinge to us too.... Sorry if we/I have made you feel like you cant still whinge to us!...

We are interested & here for you tuppence!

WOW, your a big boy eating apple Sammy & YAY, WTG to Jess..

Cass,
    The pooh.... OOOOH YUCKY!!!! but PMSL!!!!!

Hi Girls,

well little update on the poo incident this morning!. I was in changing ANOTHER poopie nappie ( that is three so far today) and I bent down for the first time in daylight to get out a fresh nappy and there was a little suprise for me that had rolled under the change table at 530 this morning My mum and sister thought it was hillarious!!!! Night light is really required.

Well Mum and sister have left after a lovely day . Mum bought lots of pressies back for us which was nice...including a nice duty free bottle of baileys mmmmm. She also bought this gorgeous indian outfit for Kaitlyn when she is a little older , I just know she will love to play dress up in it!.

Soph I hope your day is not to bad ..you can vent with us as that is what we are here for!.

Jo
    I love your idea with the cot! way to go!. So good that Sammy sucks away on an apple .

Well better be off ...checking out some new JJ's that have come up on ebay. This is officially my new obsession...I mean project hehe.

Cass

Cass i think we have just topped the poo incident. Sammy was having nice carefree no nappytime...i went to get the washing off the line and came back..he had pushed himself back and had slid through his poo and was fingerpainting...omg...this was done in about 3 mins!!! Hes just had a lovely bath and the floor has been cleaned but ewwwwwwwwwwww..so funny though.

Jo

You know Fletchie i didnt..i was in shock at him grinning up at me and it all happening so quickly so quickly stripped him and put him in the bath..its forever etched in my memory though..lol

Jo

heheheheh Jo, Sammy is an artist in the making!

Oh Cass it must have been lovely to catch up - all the girls!

And thanks everyone. Lucie has been REALLY slow today. I've had three breakdowns so far. I just can't handle this much longer, but then again I know it's not going to change. Every time I'm in tears and sobbing, Lucie thinks I'm laughing though and starts chuckling. Too cute. It's just an overwhelming sense of love and then desperation because the child won't eat. Ok thanks guys. Vent over!

Soph..I let Sammy feed himself with a lot of things. He sits in his highchair and i just let him go for it. He loves the tactile experience of it all and seems to get a lot in his mouth..i dont know if you have already tried this but it might be worth a go if you havent. Thinking of you :-k

Jo

Oh Jo! Lil Sammy topped Kaitlyn hands down ...opps pardon the pun! That is a story for his 18th Bday or first girlfriend hehehe.

Hey Soph ..just a suggestion have you tried changing the nipple on Lucie's bottles?. I changed Kaitlyn over from a 1 to a 2 this afternoon and for the first time in WEEEEKKKKSSS she actually finished 180Mls. She was able to get it all faster so by the time she got distracted she was almost finished , then I just pumped the rest into quickly .

Cass

GeorgieK Guest

Soph, thinking of you and wishing (like everyone of course) I could do something to help. :hugs: We are always here for you; Im sorry if I ever sound stern or unsympathetic, sometiems I try to be a bit rah rah cheerleading and it comes out a bit wrong.

Yup, James loves the pool and kicks and kicks. We have a bright orange ring with a seat in it, and he leans back like hes at a resort; all he needs is a pina colada! And of course looking at all the other bubs. Im studying for a Masters of Environmental Management (by distance) - this semester is engineering and its sooooo dull :sleeping: Keeps me off the streets

PMSL at the poo stories! These are the moments we save for the 21st birthdays!

Cass, keep on at that JJ, you'll get one! It always seems that when I just watch things, they go really cheap, but as soon as I start bidding, everyone wants one, what a bummer! BTW, does Kaitlyn go back to sleep after your 530am feed? Thats the plan we have with James, but the last few mornings its up and at 'em, sleep is for the weak! Luckily DH is a morning person and I can get another hour sleep, but it would be much more civilised if he went back to sleep until about 7.

Jo, love the apple idea, thats a keeper. And good on Jess, she must be so proud, and you too!

Park sounds lovely Fletch; we live opposite one but its a bit low on trees. What have you guys been up to this week?

We have been flat out this week, but we're all happy. Eating and sleeping well; just wish the tummy time went better! But I think James is on the way, hes starting to try and pull himslef along by the carpet pile and digging his toes in. Now if he just figures out its easier if he lifts his nose off the floor....

Bugger, just burnt his porridge on the stove! I have so lost my cooking mojo!

Have a good night everyone.

love the cooking mojo Georgie!.

Thankfully Kaitlyn does go back to sleep after the feed. I unwrap her , change her nappy , rewrap her and feed her all in the dark. Then I put her straight back in her cot ...and never say a word to her ..shhhh I just give her a kiss on her forehead as I cant resist that!. Sometimes she takes a little while to fall asleep but most times she goes back to sleep straight away until around 8amish.

Just missed out on a JJ ..it went for $62.00 but was in Wollongong so a little bit of a trek for me.

Hope you are all having a good night !. I am watching OC and surfing the NET

Cass

I'm sorry Soph, I've been really busy these last few days.
    When Lucie has her next bottle I want you to sit on the lounge & watch telly, not the bottle ( ) relax & concentrate on what is happening on tv, not on your lap!!Lucie may feel more relaxed if your not stressing over mls & watching her.It has worked for zac & I so give it a rty you never know.
    Will finish this later, Zac has woken up & I have tried to post 3 times now. I know cut & paste I forgot
    Cut & paste cut & paste...........
    Jo you are a clever Mummy with all your brilliant ideas!! I like what you've done with the cot, Bill said we should do that when Emily comes, that way we'll have a baby either side of us :shock: .
    Nah, the movie hasn't turned us off the name, besides I though of it first Sammy is a very clever little boy with his apple!! 10/10 for you & a gold star! But not for decorating himself with poo

Fletch, have you taken your monster for a test drive yet? Zacmiester says Hi to Zane!!

Georgie, what the devil are you studing to be?How is James going?

Cass poo? he he he he did you wonder why your room smelt funny??Glad you had a good time with your Mum & Sis. Hope you get a JJ soon, ebay can be so frustrating at times hey?

Trace,thanks for sharing the hunk!! How is Indah? You all should go on a holiday to bali, it would be great to go & relax with family.

Where has MEL gotten too?

Zac can sit for about 1 min now, & can stop himself form falling backwards, but not sideways! He has been feeding really well, but still only has about 100ml then will play for an hr before wanting the rest, somedays he suprises me & has a 240, but not very often, mostly just 120 - 180.

It's raing here today, which is nice, but does mean my kids will be a bit feral when they get home from school with all that pent up energy that they couldn't release, urgh, will have to dig out the old board games.
    Must go, somebody is not happy on the floor, he gets really frustrated cos he cant move, & does the bum up face down thing too.poor baby!!
    have a good day!!

Wow storm sitting that is great!!!! how exciting..he must be really chuffed with himself.

mmm with the poo thing it was in her nursery and for some reason had not smell!. Normally I probably would have picked up the smell except she was wisked out of there so fast by an adoring nanna and Aunty and then we did not go back in until her nap time. Weird though how it had no smell ...I guess that is better then smelly hehehe.

Cass - Ahhh smell-less pooh's - what a dream! Yeah we're on the fastest teat anyway and have been for a while 'cos she's still on the thick formula. Sometimes I actually think it might be a bit too fast. I've still got the trillions of different bottles I wasted money on trying, so I thought I might actually buy a fast avent teat and try an avent bottle again for a change for her. Who knows!

Storm - Thanks heaps honey. I do sit in front of the tv, but I do also glare at the bottle as it's going down. Last feed I tried to be a bit calmer like you suggested. We had a 200ml feed which is the best we've had for a long time. Thanks! Well done to Zac on sitting and I'm so glad he is feeding better for you. Has he picked up with his solids too?

Georgie - Nah the support I get from all you guys in an absolute godsend, and it always sounds sincere! Lucie has one of those rings too and loves it. I took her for a swim yesterday and dunked her under for the first time. She was pretty shocked but didn't seem to mind too much! Well done on the Masters, I take it that it's via coursework and not thesis? Blurgh on Engineering, but imagine how very employable you will be when you finish.

Thanks Jo too. Yeah Lucie is pretty ok at feeding herself. Makes a big mess though! Might just give her some toast tonight and see how she goes with that. I gave her a milk arrowroot biscuit last night and I think after all the mess, she ate about half which isn't too bad. What else do you give Sammy as finger food?

Well you'll all be proud of me - today I finally made it to mum's and bubs yoga and I soooo wish I had done it earlier! It was great to do some exercise and just chat to some other mums and pg ladies. Lucie was the oldest bub there (and I kept getting - wow she's tiny ) but it was so much fun. It's been great to get out and interact a bit. They do a talk at the end too with a speaker. Today it was supppose to be on PND, but unfortunately the woman didn't show. You know I really think that I have been suffering from it for all these months. But anyway on a happier note, I am feeling a lot better with myself. I realise that Lucie's feeding is beyond my control, I just have to keep reminding myself of that. I even went and had my haircut today and DH has Lucie now in the pool giving me some time off - it's been months, literally!

So another big thank you to you lovely ladies. You mean so much to me!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast