Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

I'm Ok bit of a blunt post yesterday, so sorry. I feel better on & off, the rational side of me says it's ok but the other side doesn't, so I'm having spits & spats of moods atm. Zac isn't crawling yet, but he does have a lot of fun in his JJ. I shouldn't worry so much as it really doesn't matter whether he increases in kg's or cm's each month as long as it is something, right? I'm happy with that now, but later will be a different story. I've even compared his growth charts to my other kids when they were his age & they were kg's ahead of him, but I guess it's alright, Zac has always been slow to gain weight, I just wish that 1 day he would have a full 240 ml bottle or 2. I've even thought of taking away the JJ, so there is nothing for him to " burn off" in, but I think that's going a bit overboard, Zac is Zac ............ you can lead a horse to water............. I just feel crushed when I look at his happy little face, but he is happy & healthy & he knows how much food he needs or wants so my plan of attack is, totally up to Zac's appeitte.

Anyway, Thanks Guys, you all have made me feel a bit better about it all.Even though it is soooo frustrating, it's nice to have some kindhearted mums for support.( Especially one who is going through the same thing)

Argh, will be glad when this day is over.

I will catch up with everybody tomorrow, I've got an overflowing basket of ironing , a sink ful of dirty dishes & 4 sleeping \/ children..... peace & quite. Apart from Bill & our "best"driver, argueing in the office :fuming: cos he backed the new truck into a huge red pole this afternoon.There is some very colourful language coming out of there!!

Sleep good ladies,

Hi Girls ,

poor Kaitlyn is still trying to fall asleep ..thankfully DH has just got home from work so he is going to take over a minute and let me relax a little!.

Had a better nights sleep last night thankfully...yayay and Kaitlyn slept through from 730pm to 630am....nice nice nice!.

No Luck on the JJ yet . There is one for sale in Lane Cove which finished tomorrow at around lunch time so that is the first one I am going to go for...getting very excited as hopefully if I do get it I can pick it up on Sunday !.

Arghhhh sorry girls gotta cut it short as Kaitlyn is going crazy in her room!

8-[ Apologies for not popping in much yesterday, my work it flat out... I want to be on here just have to work too, afterall they are paying me!!! hee

Storm, take care Zac is Zac & maybe he isnt as hungry or needing as much???
    I bet in 14 years you'll be wondering where all the food is going?

Ok gotta get ready for work!

Oh Storm matey I so know how you feel, your post had me in tears. I always have these break downs, even crying to Lucie and asking her why she doesn't want to eat. It is so hard. I always thought babies loved their food and would just eat and eat. How wrong was I! And I remember people telling me how quickly babies grow before I had Lucie, and wishing that wouldn't happen because they are so cute when they are small. Oh I sooooo don't feel that way now - grow, grow, grow! I really think that Lucie will be in the same boat as Zac too. She uses up so much energy crawling around and doesn't eat any more, so I don't know how she could be putting on weight. I think maybe when they get older they will be better. Some babies just don't like milk very much I don't think. And I tell you what, if Lucie starts drinking a heap of water I am not going to push the milk at all, I'll just give it to her in other forms like yoghurt and cheese and in her solids. There is nothing that either of us can do - our babies are happy and healthy and that is the main thing. They are just small. I hate when people tell me how tiny she is though, or are suprised when I say how old she is - so much so that when we go out now I dress her in pants and a top and not a jumpsuit because she looks bigger!

And I know it's hard not to feel some sort of self blame, as stupid as it sounds. My DH thinks I am so ridiculous, but I always wonder if it's something that I have done to make her that way. But no, we just have bubs that aren't so keen on their food.

Really thinking of you at the moment Storm, and here whenever you want to chat or rant - 'cos I do it enough too! Zac will be fine, one day he will just have a huge growth spurt....I am hanging out for that day! Lucie and Zac are the perfect pair, I reckon if they ever met it would be destined to be love!!!!! Take care honey. Ok sorry I think I've ranted to much......

Tracey - Ah never mind it's only work. So much more fun having you post here!

Cass - Oh good luck with the JJ - how exciting!

Georgie - 4tbsp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! Porky James hehehehehehe

We had a shocker of a night last night. Lucie was overtired, she fell asleep having her last bottle but then woke about 20 mins later. She didn't get to sleep properly till about 9pm. Every time DH goes in to try and settle her she gets hysterical too, and I've been really bad and have just gone in and taken over. So DH told me that makes him feel like cr&p. Oops. He wants us to try controlled crying I think, but I'm not a fan. I usually sit there and she holds my finger and falls asleep. Usually oinly takes 10 mins or so, but do you think that's really bad?

8-[ I always take over from DH too, now he doesnt even bother waking up... He did tell me off once & said I am doing what I can but I dont have breasts! So now I just get up to her if she happens to wake & usually it's a suck on boob half a dozen times & then out for the night!!!! So I guess no use him getting up too!?

Soph if you are happy for her to hold your finger etc or anything you do to settle her then do it...There is no right or wrong!! Well I look around at kids that I ngrew up with & That I had thought were being parented wrong or whatever & they have grown up fine, so I dont think there is a right or wrong, it's just your way & if it works & your happy with it & Lucie is happy then that's all that matters!
    Might be harder once #2 is here as well (only having 2 arms & all) but then you'll manage that as well!

Ok I so have to do work today!

:smt022 selfish post here. Rang the doc re Lucie's test result (on her head) - they said they didn't have the test results yet. But the paedeatrician rang. Our appt was for 1st May (haven't seen him yet, and that was the earliest we could get in) but apparently the doc has been speaking to the paed about the results and they want to see us much sooner. Earliest we can get in though is 31st March. I am so worried. And to make it worse she's hardly eating at all today.

:hugs: AAAAWWWW Soph, Please try not to worry, I can understand your concerns... But really you are pregnant again & Lucie is happy & healthy & active, so really you must try to relax..
    March 31st isnt as far away as May 1st, so please look at the positives, I am sure she is fine & it will be nothing sinister....
    Please please, dont work yourself up over it......

I wish I could come & hug you for real & wipe away your worry tears!!!

Oh thanks Tracey. I'm just so emotional at the moment. Even your post has set me off again. I just [-o< that Lucie is ok. If they need to do any more testing it will be more invasive. My logic is telling me that if it was really urgent they'd be seeing us NOW. I guess I just really need to speak with the doc. I am so bad at waiting too, and 3 weeks seems like forever away.

Oh No Soph, it's Ok , your right, if it was urgent they would be seeing Lucie now. There is nothing worse than the stress of waiting for the unknown, only to finally get there & discover it's not a major worry after all. Lucie will be fine! Think positive

I guess Lucie & Zac are on the same wave length with eating today it's only 1pm & I'm frustrated already why oh why wont he just eat?????
    Pehaps he just doesn't like the taste of the formula anymore. Or maybe my stressing has got something to do with it. :-k

Cass did you get your JJ?

Where is that MEL? Come & talk to us, p l e a s e ..........

Storm - I have been there on the wondering whether they don't like the formula anymore. I have about a dozen different tins in the cupboard that I now need to throw out, because no, that wasn't the answer either!

And yeap the cheeky mites must be ESPing each other 'don't eat today, let's stress our mummies out heheheheh'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Waiting to call the doc again and hopefully get some answers.

LOL at all the tins of formula Soph!!Ya dag

Does the doc have anything to tell you?Surely if he spoke to the paed he'd know something......

How often does Lucie have a bottle? Zac is every 3 hours through the day, but he goes 13hrs overnight, he has done that since he was 3 weeks old, you'd think he'd be a heffa, but the long night must even things out.
    I'm sick of trying to find reasons why, half of them just don't make any sense when you say them back to yourself so I guess there is no solution ](*,)

Nah Storm, there is no reason why i don't think, except maybe small tums? Lucie has 4 feeds a day, every 4 hours. The only time she has a good size bottle is when she falls asleep on it, and what I've actually been doing the last couple of days (really naughty I know) is I wake her up for her 2pm feed, cos she's usually asleep. Well not exactly wake her up, but I pick her up and she is semi awake and she usually has a really good feed because she is so tired she doesn't fight it. Just then she took 230ml like that (other feeds today were 120 and 130ml). But if that's what it takes at the moment to get it into her, then so be it. Soon I am hoping she'll learn to love to drink water and then I'm not going to stress so much about the milk. There's not much more I can do. If she takes 600ml a day, then great.

Ok spoke to the doc. Good news is that it doesn't appear to be cancerous. They think it is an epidermal cyst which is just tissue and liquid really. Bad news is that they can get infected so they tend to remove them between the age of 6 and 12 months. So it's pretty certain she'll be having an op. The paed will refer us to a paed surgeon and we will go from there. Scary to think of her having something cut out of her head, but it could be worse. So it's kind of a relief but I am still worried about the op.

:-k I think Marriage causes abcess's!!

Sorry, I just couldnt help it!!! :smt016

I think your 2nd one is on it's way now!!!! Just so you can beat DH!

Arent they seriously in grown hair follicles (phew... that's a long proper word!)

WOO HOO, on not being a sinister lump Soph, I think you should join Fletch & Scott's competitiveness & brag about Lucie needing an op & so that beats both of their gross abcess's!!! hee hee

That's all the silly info I have for you all, i have done F' all work today & really wish I was at home on a lilo, floating in a pool, sipping toblerone ****tails whilst a tanned topless Jamaican hunny massaged my feet!!!!!

But no instead I am at work! :fuming:

Thanks Fletch, you know how to cheer/perk me up!!!

I heard it's common for men to get them in between their butt cracks! A lady from works hubby had one & it got so infected she could fdit her whole fist inside the pussy (oops I mean Pusy?) weepy cavitiy! He had to have surgery!!!
    She had to bathe it twice a day & squeeze any gooooop out... Oh man I feel ill now!!!
    But so much better for having shared it with you all, now enjoy your dinner!!

OOPS, Hope Lucie & Zac dont read that..... They need to eat!

pmsl Tracey..ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Soph..im so glad the lump is not as sinister as it could have been....i am thinking of you and sending both Lucie and Zaccy eating vibes :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: Eat lil babies eat!

I went and visited my nanna today. Shes suffering from dementia and quite advanced breast cancer. She has deterioted heaps in the last few months though she is still in good spirits...its still sad...and it seems that my aunty might have lung cancer..sigh....smokers :fuming:

Jo

Hey Girls! O

Sorry to go MIA for a bit...last week was the anniversary of our little girl's birth and death, so I had a quiet one and just took a bit of time out to reflect/remember. Please bear with me while I get back up to speed - there's so much to catch up on!

Fletch, thanks for asking after me. We are doing well thanks. Josh had his 6 month check up with the paediatrician the other day and all is good. He weighs 7.2kg now and is 70cm long. He's going well on his solids. His consumption of formula however is on the low side at the moment (Soph and Storm, I can sympathise) but he seems happy, so I can only assume that he is getting what he needs.

I've had a quick read of the last few posts and Soph, I'm so glad to hear that Lucie's lump isn't cancerous. That must have been a huge relief for you.

Jo, I'm sorry to hear of your Nanna and Aunty's poor health. It is so sad to see family members ill like that. It is unbelievable how many lives cancer touches.

Well, I had better run for now. I'm just waiting for my mum to arrive at the moment. She is driving down from Port Macquarie and should be here soon. She's coming down for a flying visit (going home Saturday) as she wanted to see her grandson. Such a doting Nanna!! As such, I won't be making it to mother's group tomorrow, Cass and Louise. Have a lovely time at Coogee, it should be nice on the beach tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of personals, girls. I will be back soon and I promise to catch up properly with everyone's news.

BTW, have also just read the last few posts about abcesses, etc.......gross!!! LOL

Hi Girls

Wow I have been busy at work and with cakes for a few days and it goes mad in here.

Absesses - yuk, won't touch this topic.

Fletch - I don't think I will be able to make it to the meet up , Maria has swimming lessons at 11am plus we will have visitors still after Maria's Christening on the 25th. Have you tested your trolley monster yet?

Storm - hugs at Zane not gaining weight, Maria isn't as hungry lately, I think it must be a phase, but she is now over 6kg which means she has trippled her birth weight.

Soph - Yay at hitting second trimester, where has this year gone? I hope you are feeling better, and try not to worry too much about the op for Lucie (easier said than done though, we are mothers, we worry).

Georgie - 7.9kg, what a big boy =D> a cold could explain the lack of eating, I know I am the same when I am sick, there should be a manual that comes with kids.

Cass - did you get the JJ? Maria will drink from a sippy cup and from a glass or spoon, but not from one of the expensive drinking cups yet. LOL at Kaitlyn discovering the trees, Maria likes to touch the leaves on the plants we pass (and eat them if I give her a chance). See you tomorrow at Coogie.

Jo - Did you get your bike seat? Its great that Sammy likes the water and I hope Livvy is feeling better.

Tracy - How are Indah's teeth going? None for Maria as yet, and not particularly looking forward to them either. lol at DH, beer, sports and males sounds like male heaven. How is fulltime work going, are you still expressing, and how long does it take you each time. It is taking me 20 minute twice a day, but I suppose that is equal to my work mates smoke breaks.

Maria went under the water for the first time at swimming lessons, getting her prepared for the Christening where she will be dunked three times (still phyching myself up for this).

Ergh you guys gross me out but I love it! And butt cracks - yucko!

Hi Louise - Yeap the year is flying by I agree. I'm feeling ok thanks, ms has disappeared now which is good. Wow on Maria tripling her birth weight - that's fantastic!

Bec - Hugs to you for last week. I'm sure your precious little girl is looking down and is so proud of her mummy, daddy and little brother.

Jo - Sorry about your Nanna, Dementia must be so tough. Sorry about your Aunt too.

Tracey - Not suprised you had a slow day at work, you were on BB all day! heheheheh that's great. I love it!

Fletch - Think the lump is just one of those things, extra tissue and fluid and stuff that just grows. Don't think it hurts her at all at the moment, but if they get infected, which they can do, that's when it can be a bit nasty and is why they take them out. How is your DH with his festy elbow?

Lucie is getting so much better at sitting. Now she cralws and then sits too. And she's been pulling herself up on her little piano thing too. I don't want her to walk too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast