Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #6

Hi Jo! Yeap miss speedy is scooting around so fast. I had to put some boxes of huggies (I stocked up $29.95 at Coles!) in front of the wooden box the tv sits on because she has been chewing the wood :shock: But she has learnt to climb right up on them and has developed a taste for the pink cardboard - oh well at least that's fibre Forget about the house I say and have a little nap with your beautiful boy. The girls will be so excited this afternoon!

Storm - Forgot to tell you - the paed recommended an over-the-counter vitamin thing called Incremin. It's got iron and stuff in it and is for fussy babies/babies with a small appetite. I think it is actually supposed to increase their appetite, but not 100% on that - I'm going to ask in the breastfeeding/bottlefeeding/solids thread. Thought I'd pass it on anyway. Paed said 2.5ml a day.

Oh and I also forgot to say (see pg brain!!!) that I was speaking to MIL last night. I always new that DH was a skinny baby, but she told me last night 'I just couldn't get him to eat. At 12 months he only weighed 17 pounds (7.7kg)'. Ah lightbulb moment for me - at least it kinda explains Lucie! She also said that from age 1 he just started growing like a weed.

Oh wow Soph...Lucies like Daddy...whoohooo..now bet that explains a lot!

Jo

LOL about the nap too Soph..im embarrassed to say what time I went to bed last night (9pm) so i am feeling great!

Jo

Jo - 9pm is quite a late night for me

Honey you growing a bubba!!!

Jo

Hi Girls ,

Storm
    Kaitlyns bum is much better today!. And we have had a solid poo ..YAY!. Gosh the things we celebrate hey!. I this the break from the runs and the paw paw cream really helped. I hope Zac starts feeling better the poor little mite. I think we are all in for the sniffles as the cold weather starts rolling in.

Jo your walk sounds lovely!. Wow horses the girls will be so excited...wish I was there !!

Soph Lucie sounds so cute! Better be careful she does not poop out a cardboard box hehe. Well DH as a bubs certainly explains Lucie and hear eating. And as DH is happy and healthy now I guess you can feel a bit better about it all . I am suprised she has not said something to you before about it. LOL about the growing like a weed.

WEll I dont want to jinx it ..but I bet I do right now! But I put Kaitlyn down one hour ago unwrapped in her new sleeping bag thingo and she has not stirred :-k I am about to go check on her !. She would not settle at first so I pulled the sleeves over so they covered her hands and she calmed down so I think she thinks the material over the hand is comforting weird hey. I will make sure I pull them out before I go to bed just in case she manages to pull them both in and slide down inside it!.

We had such a terrible night last night again. I think that is why I decided I might as well try without the wrap tonight as I have not been getting sleep anyway!. DH said everytime he turned around in bed I was not there...hehe.

By the way ..I picked up the sleeping back for only $9.73 at Best and Less ..how good is that!!!!!!!!.

Kaitlyn and I went to something called a toy bus in Alexandria with two of the girls from MG and it was so fun!. I think I will make that a regular Monday thing.

HOpe you are all having lovely nights...dont forget deperate housewives tonight hehehehe

Cass

Cass Im so glad to hear little missys bum is better today. Thats so great too that Kaitlyn has gone down without wrapping. Hope she sleeps wonderfully for you. Whoohooo on the price too of the sleeping bag..might have to go and have a squiz myself in best and less.

Fellas asleep..poor darling is soooo very very tired. He only had one sleep today though he slept for 2 hours straight. It was so funny tonight too..he ate some vegie spaghetti bog..thought it was just great (we are vegie)got it absolutely EVERYWHERE :shock: lol but was so great he was enjoying it so much.

Jo

Oh Jo I can just picture Sammy with all the spag bog on his face! What a cutey! Hope he slept well for you. And that's my bed time when I'm not pg! Always been an early to bed and early to rise person.

Cass - So glad Kaitlyn's bum is better and yay for solid poopas! Hope she sleeps well for you. And don't worry - she won't slip right inside the bag!

Lucie had a huge eating day yesterday and now that I've said that of course I've jinxed myself for today. She had 720mls (but who's counting ) breakfast and dinner and lunch too basically - a milk arrowroot and some of mummies fries! She was such a happy bub all day yesterday too - but then she woke hourly last night. Oh well better go and make breakie for her and hope she is interested!

Glad to hear Kaitlyn's bum is better Cass, must be such a relief for you! I have stopped wrapping Zaccie too, he did just fine, but he still needs to cuddle the wraps, I guess it's like his security blanket!!

There you go Soph ~ a reason for little miss's fussiness!! Good on her for having a tremendous appetite yesterday, let's hope she keeps it up!!LOl at her chewing the huggies boxes!!

I can picture your little Sammy with his spag bol all over his face Jo so so cute!! Wow, your girls are gonna be so excited when they get home from school!! Are they horses from them to keep, or are they having riding lessons? You certainly are a wonderful mummy!!

MY monkey butt is a little terror!!! he has been crawling ( well, dragging himself) all over the lounge room floor getting into all sorts of mischief, if I tell him No for something he looks up at me & shakes his head & keeps on going!!Cheeky little monkey! Last night we went to a friends place to watch the wrestling pay perview & Zac was sitting between DH & his mate watching too, the look he had on his face was pure contentment, sitting there staring at the telly!!Must say he has great taste in tv shows!!
    His cold/asthma is still the same, every morning when we get up I have a bit of a cry coz he is still sick, but I think he is used to it now, cos he is back to happy again!!

Ok enough from me I have to clean out the fridge today.
    Have a great day!!!!

Oh Storm, really hope Zac gets back to being 100% soon. At least if he's happy he can't be feeling too bad!

This morning Lucie crawled down the step to the kitchen and up a dozen steps to the bathroom and pulled herself up onto the bath where DH was having a shower. She is climbing up on everything! I was behind her the entire time to make sure she didn't fall down the stairs but she was moving so quickly!

Morning

Storm Zac sounds so cute getting into everything. What a clever fella. Bet daddy loved him watching the wrestling with him lol. The girls would love their OWN horses but nope..not happening. They are having riding lessons and they have horses picked out for them to learn on...they are thrilled with that. Have fun cleaning the fridge...i hate that job!

Soph maybe her lil tum is full up from yesterday. Hope she ate her breaky for you. Whats with our bubbas...Sammy was up hourly last night too...he was just fulling asleep in the pram on our way home from our walk. Hes gone straight to bed now poor tired baby.

Jo

OMG Soph...she is so clever..lol. Im starting to think I want Sammy staying in the same spot though!

Jo

jeeze Soph Lucie is so clever!!!!

Yeah she is a little too clever for her own good! She really is keeping me on my toes now, so I am definately with you Jo on keeping Sammy in one spot for a while!

Sorry Jo before you run off to Best and Less it is actually Big W ..sorry I always get those two messed up …both start with B and are Blue!. Are all your kids vegetarian? My Mums vegetarian and I love having dinner at her place! She is so sweet though as she still makes meat for those who want it and cooks the turkey for us at Christmas! .

Soph don’t stress about food . …I think I have been underfeeding Kaitlyn!!. I went to nurse for Kaitlyns check up today and she said Kaitlyn “should” be eating 5-6cubes of food for dinner plus a dessert. Well I thought no way would she do that ..but she did and then had an arrowroot and played happily for over an 1.5hours before her bedtime bottle …man I think she has been hungry and that is why she seems tired but she is really just wanting her bottle earlier because she is hungry..then I scoot her off to bed a bit earlier then I should and she is not really tired…argh motherhood!. Sorry to hear about your night . And oh my gosh on the climbing up stairs what a smart little cherub!.

Oh Storm Zac sounds so gorgeous and cheeky! . I am sending you lots of hugs I hope Zac makes a full recovery soon.

Welcome back Fletch I am glad that the trip went well. Yay on Zane crawling!

Last night Kaitlyn slept unwrapped yay!. I made the commitment to stick it out and was ready for a really bad night. But she slept until 130am then it only took me 1hour to get her back to sleep and she slept through to 530am . Not to bad for the first night.! And tonight she feel asleep in 20mins and only cried once for 2minutes…fingers crossed we have a good night.

Today we headed off to the Nurse to Kaitlyn checked up …she weighs 9.1Kgs and is 72cms long…her height and weight are not even on the chart for a 7month old in the blue book. She is the average weight of an 11month old and the average height of a 12month old!

Girls I hate to ask you something gross but I have to !. I have given Kaitlyn carrots in her dinner and lunch for the last three meals and today she did a poo which I swear was pure carrot! Has anyone had this happen…I am obsessed with her poops at the moment as they are sometimes hard ..soft..runny ….realllllyyyy runny …really hard..is this normal ?? Hope I have not grossed you out to much .

Cass

Hiya Fletchie..so nice to have you back. Thats so great you got to meet everyone you lucky thing. Whooohooo on Zaney crawling..clever lil man..mummy frames are the best ones around i think!

Cass thanks for letting me know. I havent had a chance to head to the shops yet though i will soon. I must get little boy some new winter clothes. My whole family is vegetarian..all of us. I grew up vege and then in my twenties went off and now am back full on. The girls have a real moral issue with it and cant bear to think of eating anything that has a face! Thats so great of your mum..arent mums fantastic like that. Wow at the food...all that plus a desert!! Does seem like a lot..maybe i should give Sammy more though mind you hes not shy in letting me know when hes had enough!

Sammy has been so funny tonight. We had friends over for dinner and when we were having desert I couldnt resist offering Sammy some ice cream! He went crazy....kept grunting at me til i gave him some more..i have him severl tastes and he was grunting the whole time...very cute.

Jo

Jo - Ah the boy is an ice-cream lover - he has great taste!

Brooke - Sounds like the appetites really vary when it comes to solids too. And she's a chubba so down't worry too much!

Cass - That is sooooo much food! I was reading something yesterday (an old mag I think?) And it was saying 1/3 to 1/2 a cup 2 to 3 times a day, so what the MCHN said sounds like heaps more than that to me! NOt sure about the carrot poohs, but Lucie's vary in consistency too - from really solid to very pasty.

Welcome back Fletch!!! Sounds like a great trip and yay for Zane being good and crawling!

Another bad night here. Lucie came to our bed at 3.30 so we could all get some sleep. Wasn't interested in milk or solids this am :-k Maybe it's teeth, who knows!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast