Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #9

Aww Storm you are allowed to have slack days honey! Hope the ms gives you some slack though...you poor dear. Ive said it all along ..i reckon Soph is amazing!

Cass your evening sounds lovely. Its nice when its cold and you just want to snuggle up at home. Lol at the salad comment...men!!!

Jess has gone away for the weekend with a friend 3 hours away. It makes me really nervous..shes never been this far away from me ever and two nights! Arrghh.

Jo

Jo - Jess will be fine I am sure and she will have a ball! Can I ask what your DH does for a job?

Storm - I have learnt just to live with tiredness. If I don't have a sleep with Lucie during the day I get VERY grumpy! But then I think, hey in a few more months, the sleep deprivation I am feeling at the moment will be nothing! Hope you feel better soon.

Cass - Your cat weighs more than my daughter LOL! Where are you moving to? Somewhere nicer? Settlement for us is around 5 July, so school hols for us which is good cos DH will be around to pack and unpack. A lot of our stuff is still packed up from last time thank goodness, it's still a mammoth job though. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Tarcey - Nah I am sure Indah will just have a nice thick mane of hair on her head and drive all the boys crazy! Hope you managed to get some work done.

Lucie is TOTALLY off her milk. Not sure if it's time to just pack it in and give up on it. I know it's meant to be their main source of nutrition for the first 12 months, but I have heard of other bubs doing the same too. Maybe then she will be keener and eat heaps more solids? Anyway will post about it in the feeding thread.

Soph, Maddy refused bottles from 10 months & drank cows milk out of a cup, she ate food & ws fine!! No counting mls etc.... she just played her first game of basket ball & they won...
    Jo Jess will be fine, but I have never been away from maddy longer than 1 nights sleep overs too... freaks me out if they arent around & near by!!! But she'll have a ball!

Trace Im the same. I much prefer the girls to be home..3 hours is just so far away. Oh well at least I know she will be home tomorrow arvo.

Soph I have heard of bubs doing that. Will she drink out of a cup instead? Im sorry Im not really any help...the girls breastfed til 18 months and only stopped then cos I had had enough. Im hoping though that if she is dropping milk feeds then she will up the solids. Darren is a showroom manager during the day and we have a dj and karaoke business..hence the nights away..so lots of parties, weddings and pub gigs.

Well I am sort of enjoying the fact that this morning I dont have to rush off anywhere. No netball and no hockey due to it being a long weekend..how fantastic is that. I have got a little man who is terrified of a plastic ball!!! Its got toy story 2 on it but he hates it when it rolls too close to him..poor boy! I will perservere though.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend with your families ladies.

Jo

OOOh I bet the kids love the Karaoke parties you guys must have!???

Indah did her 4th wee in potty last night & just now woke up screaming I went to see why... hee hee she had the cot posts between her legs like riding a horse!!!
    i got some photos!! Will add to her site later!!! Also Maddy in her basketball uniform!!! HA HA HA!

Lol Trace..they are always the best photos arent they!!!

Jo

Ah Jo so does that mean you guys have some singing talent? Poor Sammy being scraed of the ball. Lucie loves playing with balloons, maybe try him with one of those as a lead up to the ball?

Tracey - Yeah she will drink from a sippy cup. Better with juice/water than milk, she spits most the milk out. Maybe we are just in a down phase at the moment. She is not keen on solids either atm, so not sure if she is just feeling a bit out of whack?

LOL Soph..nil singing talent in me..but my hubby is a fantabulous singer. Mmmm what to do with missy who doesnt like milk...

Jo

Hope everyone is having a glorious weekend and having lots of fun!!!

Soph, hows Miss Lucie doing on her milk? Is she taking any yet???And what about the solids, hope she is eating and drinking a bit better for you.. Lots of milky and foodie vibes coming your way, luv!!

And Jo, hows Sammy with his ball today?? Getting better with it?? Do you have a smaller one you could try first , then gradually try the bigger one...

I just clipped some dogs this morn and am relaxing on the puter cause my SIL has taken Jack to a baby show. She so wanted to take him and she's all proud!! Have to let u guys know how he did....hehehehe

I'm feeling a little tired in the legs 2day, cause Jack and I went for a MASSIVE walk to the shops yesterday when the rain cleared up and the sun came out... We left at 1pm and didn't get home till 5pm He was an angel and stayed in his pram the whole time!!!

And I hope to not feel like a single mum soon as Nick has been doing 12-13 hour days for the last 2 weeks cause they have to finish a big job.... And I know it's extra money and less pressure but just to have him home at a decent time and not totally buggered would be nice...It just sux sometimes, doesn't it.. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest ladies!

Well if Jack gets home soon, then we might go for another walk (I know, I'm crazy!!), cause it's just so sunny and beautiful out there!! What is it about the sun that just makes you feel so good!!!

Alex,
    I love the sunshine too, I seriously get all down & miserable in winter!!!

Ladies just have to brag & tell you all that Indah can clap when we say Clap hands!!! Also she crawled t her potty last night after her bath & then we popped her on it & for the 4th nite in a row she did wee's so we all clapped she clapped & thinks she is so clever! ha ha ha!
    I am pretty sure her 6th tooth an eye tooth is coming through & she has been soo sooky, clingy & biting on anything & everything now that includes my boob 3 times!!!

still havent had time to do the photo's will add them this week, they were very cute!!!

Hope you all had a groovy weekend!!!

Wow Tracey that is amazing! She is a very intelligent girl obviously! She should be potty trained in no time at all too - most impressive.

Alex - I am very envious of your nice long walk. Sounds great.

Jo - Oh well at least your DH can sing you romantic love songs hehehehehhe

A very tired mum here. Lucie cried in her sleep all night last night, even after I gave in at 2am and took her in with us. And she doesn't want to sleep in this morning either grrrrrr. Still not keen on her milk, but hey, I just push on, what more can a mum do?

Lucie has just learnt to wave too - I've been trying to get her to do it for ages!

Big Double YAY for Indah clapping and Lucie waving!!!! What smart little cookies they are!!

Yippee for Lucie waving & Indah clapping & using the potty!! Trace you must be so proud!

I am proud, but my sis was laughing this morning... Coz only last week we were talking about how you make babies do stuff on command for your own pleasure & we were saying how silly it is really & yet here I was a few days later showing her Indah can clap etc!! hee hee we just giggled! Plus she wateched some of maddy's Basketball DVD & then jokingly said to her 5yr old come here & show how you can sing twinkle twinkle little star!!! We just cracked up laughing!!! So sorry for torturing you all with my bragging... hee hee!

You go right ahead Trace proud moments are so worth bragging about!!
    I am the same when Dylan plays footy! But Indah using the potty is just awsome! I even told my DH that one!

My DH out of the blue brought the kids a peewee 50 yesterday, so we spent the arvo up the bush riding it, so much fun even Zaccie had a double with Daddy, he screamed when I took him off. Poor me just sat there feeling ill

Soph how is Little Miss Lucie going with her eating? I remember one of my kids went totally off milk around this age, I cant remember which one, but we went on to diluted cow 's milk....... (oh it was Katie ) & DH would put chocolate topping in it ( )
    & she loved it. Me was not impressed!!When she could talk she used to ask for choccie mok mok!!

My Zaccie has been rolling over in his sleep, wiggling out of his covers, til he hits his head on the top of the cot, ( i still short sheet him) so it's a long wiggle, whinging, so I put him back, but this is happening all night. I dont know what to do anymore, I have rolled up blankets & put them under the sheets to try to stop him rolling, but he just rolls straight over the top! Urgh , I even rolled up a big blanket like a u shape & but that around him, with a bit of a gap, but it doesn't stop him either,
    What else can I do?

Hi to everyone!

Stormi,
    I went back to Swaddling INdah for a week or so, before she got out of it again, but it worked & now she kind of bangs her heads & wakes up grizzles rolls over & goes back to sleep... Maybe try swaddling him?? It may help enough???

OOOH I want to get a peewee for my girls, as Dh has a Harley which he calls his girlfriend (atleast she has her curves in the right spot!) I dont mind sharing him with her!!! He rides his girlfriend to work (approx 30-40mins) & home almost an hour every day rain, hail, or shine!!!
    So I am gonna get my license later this year & we will look at a dirt bike for the girls!!!!
    Well I guess the M/S is a good sign... I know it bites at the time, but it is all worth it, tenfold!!!!

Ohh thanks Trace, I will definately try wrapping him tonight, I need sleep.

Motorbikes are fun, hey! We grew up on a farm so we rode all the time!! LOL at your DH's other woman!!

It is comforting having m/s but it can leave now!!I have had enough.

Oh Storm the ms is yucko when you've got a little one to look after especially. Hope it goes soon. You back this week for another scan? Re the cot thing, Lucie does it too no matter how far down the cot I put her, she always ends up head banging the other end, so not sure what the answer is either! Lucie is still hating the milk - basically every feed ends up being a dream feed, it's the only way I can get it into her. We're down to 3 bottles a day, reckon I'll even move it to 2 shortly. How is Zac on the eating front these days?

Tracey - you are so funny, I would be bragging too if my daughter could use a potty! Here's the place to do it anyway, it's so nice to hear about all the bubs reaching little milestones I think.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast