Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #2

Default Babies Born August 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 1 oz (3.6kgs) Length - 51cms Head Circ - 34.5cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Oliver James Campbell
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 3 weeks early, elective c-sect
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Silvi
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 3rd August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 8lb Length 50cm Head Circ 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Tyler
    Baby's Website: http://www.tyler.reepa.com/index.php
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 9 days early, emergency c-section
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kat79
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: Friday 4th August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 5lbs 11ozs Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name: Lucas Russell
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tictac1/
    Health concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _____

Forum Name: Sarah1978
    Baby's DOB: 14 August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.177 kg (7 pounds) Length - 50cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: William Harvey
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/gemmaandlilly
    Health Concerns: slight heart murmer to be checked in 3 weeks
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Anna**
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 15th August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3070grams Length - 49cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Beautiful Boy
    Baby's Name: Alexander Siegfried
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Born at King Edward Family Birthing Centre
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: dawnb
    Baby's DOB: 15/8/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 14oz - 51.5cm - 37cm
    Gender of Baby:Boy
    Baby's Name: Mason Cooper
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; September 29th, 2006 at 09:52 AM.

Your old thread can be found HERE

Think I'm the first in!!!

Ok this morning I still have an unsettled baby thank goodness I have app with the nurse this morning!! I bet Kyana will be a perfect baby while I'm in there it happens every time I'm sure the nurse thinks I'm making it up.

Thanks for the support guys appreciate just being able to tell someone cause I don't think most people understand they just think it's part of having a baby but I can assure you I didn't go through this with Shynelle and I'm hoping thhat once we hit the 12week mark she'll become way more settled.

xxdd

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much....I've been sick since having Ollie (colds then c/sect scar infection, then URTI with burst eardrum) and Ollie has had almost a week in hospital with bronchialitis and he's also really colic-y.

I hope to have a bit of time in the next few days to catch up on everyone's posts and see how you are all doing. Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

urgh... soo hard to concentrate with screaming baby attached to chest in hug-a-bub!! back soon, i hope!

dd - how is Kyana doing? i'm so sorry you're not having the best time!

Zola - sorry to hear you and Ollie have been sick :-(

Leah - sounds like you had some nice pampering - sorry that Lucy is sick too!!

Lucas for the past couple of nights has been feeding every 3 or 4 hours again....grrr! but last night he went from about 9.30pm to 4am which I suppose is better?!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
    Kat
    xx

lucysmummie Guest

mmmm lucy has been up crying not last night but eh night before and Im SO tired and now Im also sick I have a really sore throat! and lucy has a bad cough I cant put her down otherwise she will cry so im taking her to the doctors incase there is something more than just a cold!

Kat~ u poor thing on the more feeds...hope he settles down mayb its just a growth spurt!?

Zola~ nice to c u I do hope u feel a bit better soon and ollie gets better
    too (((hugs))) btw love his little name...our next is gonna b an ollie for sure

well off tot he doctor....

Hi all! Had a puter make over due to a virus and a couple of other problems that took longer than expected.
    Kat 9:30 - 4 is fantastic! Caleb is doing 3 hours between feeds overnight. Hopefully he'll sleep longer for me soon.
    Zola sorry to hear you've been unwell. Sending you healthy vibes!
    DD hope Kyana shows the nures her antics for you. IKWYM about them being perfect when you're trying to get help for a problem. I'm sure mt Dr thinks I'm a paranoid mother sometimes.
    Leah yikes at Danny! Though you never know how you'll feel in a few months
    Sarah the bracelet sounds nice! All the best for your weightloss.
    Sorry I can't remember anymore for personals but hello to Dee, Natalie, Dawn, Simone and anyone else I've forgotten!

I'm feeling a bit low ATM Guess it's all hit me now.
    Caleb hasn't been sleeping much at all through the day, which makes it hard to do much. At least he's smiling now He is just gorgeous his whole face lights up. I'm hoping to get a photo of one but that has got to be the hardest thing to do in the world!

Wow no one around so far today???

Anyhow I came in to announce my boy is smiling! Woohoo and it's way too cute.
    Now if I can just get a photo...

dannik Guest

Hi Sammi, i too know what you mean about it hitting you... i feel a bit down this week too... Dh has been working so much lately, he doesnt get home till about 8 which ****es me cause emilia needs to be held from 5 - 9 most nights as she wont settle... then on weekends he works most of the time as well.. feel like a single parent at the moment... i dont want to put pressure on him though as i know he is stressed and if he had it his way he would be home with us.... but it makes me more tired more stressed and feeling more down.... ITS CRAP! Oh well that's my rant for today! I went to my mothers group today god i feel so much better there hearing everyone else going through similar stuff! feel half normal!

Has anyone's baby's started dropping feeds? Emilia has had a couple of days tis week where she has dropped from 6 feeds to 5... i am a bit worried as they say they need 6 feeds a day to put on weight??? I have a meeting with the health nurse tomorrow so i am keen to see how much weight she gained this week. I am scared she hasnt gained a thing...

Not much else to report here, except GO EAGLES!! WHOO WHOOO...

dannik Guest

Oh Sammi My Little Girl Is Smiling Too! Its Amazing Isnt It! Good Luck Geting Your Photo! I Havent Even Attempted It Yet!

Hey everyone,

Anneliese is smiling too, it just makes your whole day when they do... She's just starting to get control over her head, and almost in 000's... my lil princess is getting so big...

Congrats lucy for 2 months!!!

Sorry no personals, on mum's computer and the keyboard is crap... ****ing me off...

lucysmummie Guest

YAY on the smiling girls!

Dannik~ u poor thing I know how it can feel like ur a single parent sometimes...just try cheer urself up and go buy something retail therapy works wonders!!!! O and Lucy dropped from 5-6 feeds round the same time as ur emilia and she didnt put on weight so mayb just try force feeding her and then she might get hungrier??? thats what i was told to do but Im sure ur nurse will let u know what to do!
    I just came on to ask a question Im gonna go post it somewhere I can find where to put it but thought Id ask here first! ive had my period for nearly 3wks is that normal? every couple of days I get really bad period pian then it goes and one day of light period then the next day heavy...should I goto the doctor?? cause im on the blood thinning drugs do u think that could b why I still have the blood? but it doesnt explain the period pains??? any help would b appreciated...still sick on this end im SOOOOOOOOO thirst so i must b dehydrated! ive nearly drunk 2lts of water today! weird!

Silvi Guest

Hello All,

My bubs was born on the 3rd of August 2006, just haven't had the time to come online latley. Hope to swap stories and information with you all..

I have added your details in Silvi.

Silvi Guest

Thanks Sherie...appreciate it

Hi all,
    As usual I don't have much time but I do try to get on and read everyday.
    Sammi, Who hoo for Caleb smiling Kyana is smiling too - when she's not crying!

Kyana is onto about 5 feeds a day but we are still struggling quite abit here - I have Lee's niece over helping keep Shynelle entertained for me so I can try an deal with Kyana's almost constant crying but yesterday was a really good day and today hasn't been too bad had a couple of dummy spits but I've been struggling to get her to feed. The good news is she did play up when I was with the nurse but there's not much I can do about it, but she has put on some weight so YAY!!! She's 4.9kgs little porker and I don't know how she throws up sooooo much!!

Leah, you will have your period longer cause of the medication. I have had mine now for nearly two weeks and everytime I think it's finally slowing down it gets heavy again but I have my appt with my blood dr on Monday and am gonna talk to him about it cause I'm sick of it too!!!!!!!! gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Oh I drink heaps too never seem to get enough water into me.

Welcome Silvi how have things been for you so far?

xxdd

dannik Guest

HI Girls, thanks for that Leah, I actually went to the health nurse today and Emilia put on another 170 gs she is averaging about 200 gs a week and she grew 4 cms! So i feel a lot happier knowing she is ok... She has gone up and down with feeds this week has been very unusual but she has gone back to 6 feeds in the last couple of days, so god knows what is going on! I should try tracking a bit better like writing them down so there may be a pattern somewhere!??

Crap news about your periods dragging girls, i am yet to get mine... i have been feeling quite crap this week though so it may come soon!??

DD glad to hear Kyana has improved a little... and that she is gaining weight! She is doing really well to be almost 5kgs! Emilia is 4220gs at the moment!

Do you girls who Breast Feed, still feel your boobs get firm when yo uare due to feed? I dont really get it anymore, by the end of the day they are quite soft and i feel bad cause i think there is no milk... I HATE WORRYING ABOUT HAVING NO MILK, BUT SHE WOULDNT BE PUTTING ON WEIGHT IF I DIDNT! IAM AN IDIOT!!!!

Welcome Silvi, how have you been going with ty?

Hi to everyone else!!!

Silvi Guest

Ty's been really good..his very content, which everybody comments on..

4 days after we brought him home he had a bad case of conjunctivitis, grabbed some drops from the hospital and after about a week and a half he was fine...but now his got a case of constipation, thinned out him formula and am giving him 15 drops of coloxyl, but it comes and goes..

Other than that he is a happy little man who coo's and smiles and make my day...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast