Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #2

Dee, thats great that Adrian is so advanced, and that he's sleeping through.. Dont you hate when they get sick after their vacs? I feel guilty as though i made her sick when Anneliese gets sick after her vacs... not looking forward to her 4m needles! Thank goodness no more for the boys until 4yo now.

i have a kapoochi baby carrier, which i love, as does Anneliese. Now that she's starting to get control over her neck and head, hopefully i can start turning her around in it now, so she can see the world.

Silvi Guest

Sorry haven't been on as much, find it hard to find time to log on anymore...

Everything is good Ty's growing and getting cuter by the day....(proud mum)

Hope everyone is well..

Great to see you posting Silvi! hope things are going okay?

Where is everyone?!!!!!!!

Lucas has been such a grump this morning, won't sleep, doesn't want to "play", was fed and changed and still not happy!!!!

Question for everyone, how much "awake" time does your baby have? and how much tummy time do you give them each day?

Kat
    xx

Hey Kat, love Lucas's ticker pic, he's such a lil cutie Anneliese has maybe 10-15 mins tummy time a day. But its a minute here, a minute there. She normally has 3-4 naps a day, with awake time in between. But she has a cold atm, and has slept all morning. I'm waiting for her to wake up, as my boobs are beginning to hurt...

I'm always around, im a bit of a lurker

Silvi, good to see you again, dont worry, we're all biased, proud mums, i tell everyone my kids are the cutest in the world (my lil bloodnut and blondie )

dannik Guest

Hi girls, well Emilia has been weird all week since her vacs.. tuesday she slept whole day and then Wed, Thurs and Today no sleep except on me and crying alot. i hope this is not premanent... its drivin me insane!

Amy my health nurse said babies should have 16 hours sleep a day, i would say Emilia is getting about 14 hours??? I dont think it hurts them some kids are just little social butterflies and must be awake during the day (as my baby handbook says, i dont think i can write it on the site but email me and i can tell you what it is, it has saved me a number of times especially during the first 4 weeks after birth), oh and the baby bjorn as Kat said is a baby carrier i have it strapped on and she is fast asleep. she could spend hours in it. Actually now i think about it I would say Em prob does get about 16 hours considering i have her in the bjorn and she gets an hour or so in that... my brain doesnt count sleeping time in my arms for some reason, but it should!

Dee joy sounds lke you landed a winner with Adrian, i thought i was lucky having a bub who sleeps from 9pm to 5:30 am but you are doing really well! i wish Emilia would just push through to 6am its a much more humane time to be awake!

Kat i would say Emilia prob has about 10 mins of tummy time a day, its unstructured so she does it on my shoulders, sometimes on her play mat, on my chest and her favourite is after a bath on the change table while i massage her down with cream, that last prob about 3 or more mins, depending on her mood.. my baby manual also says that it doesnt consider tummy time to be a huge factor as babies will do it regardless but it does help if you can do it here and there... oh and i hear you on the dummy thing, its the only thing that can soothe Em asap! but she does spit it alot and it really is just a pacifier to her she doesnt like it inher mouth when she falls asleep..

Danni - I think I have the same baby book as you - it's been my lifesaver quite a few times!! Lucas is the same with his dummy, it's definitely more of a pacifier....
    How was Emilia today? hope she is back to her usual self?!

Simone - we do the same with Lucas and his tummy time, normally a few minutes after each feed. I was being a bit slack with it, but since doing it every day the last few days I can already see an improvement.

Lucas has been really good today (after me moaning to DH about how unsettled he's been! typical!!) we decided to start wrapping him to go to sleep and it seems to have worked, he's slept so much better today! here's hoping it continues through tonight!!

Hi to all :-)

Kat
    xx

Amy Caleb isn't much of a day sleeper but he is getting better. Some days are better than others. I can't stand to hear him cry so I rock him to sleep if he is awake after a feed. People say that's not a good "habit" to get into but it worked fine for my other two and they settled themselves after a little while.
    Kat I've never timed Calebs awake time but he is at his most alert mid morning and in the evening from about 6 - 9pm. I put him on his tummy during his happy awake time for about 5 mins unless he cracks it or gets too tired.
    Dee Adrian sounds like he is going along great guns!
    Sylvi Hi good to hear from you!
    Danni how is the Baby Bjorn on your back? I've just got a HAB because the BB is like torture on my back after about 20mins. So far I'm really liking the HAB and had Caleb in it for nearly 2 hours at the expo on Sunday.
    Simone we all have the cutest kids in the world

We are going well here. Caleb is sleeping an average 5 hours then after his feed back down straight away for another 3 so I'm getting enough sleep. I'm getting a nice pile of grown out of 000 clothes. He seems too young for 00's
    Last edited by ~Raven~; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: can't spell!

Just a quickie, im having a sick day

Sammi-Xander was in 00's at 6w old... Straight into 000's at birth. He was 4155g, the lil heffer!!

Anneliese is starting to try and pull herself up, she can get her head and shoulder off the ground now. They grow up so quickly... I cant believe she's almost 5 months old...

lucysmummie Guest

Hi mummies and Bubbies!!!

Sorry just a REALL quick one from me! were getting broad band tonight so hopefully u will be seeing a tad more of me in here as It is such a hassel to come on cause it takes me so long!

STILL getting HEAPS of blood tests EVERY second day but i think u will all be proud of me cause I went to get it done ALL BY MYSELF for the first time EVER! I was walking with lucy to the vampire ladies clinic and was talking to lucy telling her she has definatly made me a better and VERY different person since having her! kinda weird! u have to be so strong to be a mummy I think!

Did any one see 60mins last night GOD it made me upset those STUPID women! one was like 'U shouldnt have medical intervention with pregnacies' and I was like GOODNESS me NOT EVERYONE these days are hippies! I mean could u imagine if i never went to the hospital i could be dead!? and then this other lady breast fed till her children were 5 and the little girl said she never wanted her mum to let her give up BFing! AND then this STUPID aussie woman didnt even know what a bottle was she was SO damn against it it wasnt funny! my father in law was sitting there yelling at the T.V saying "well SOME people CANT breastfeed u stupid woman!" he he that made me feel better! I mean All these drugs im taking couldnt possibly be good for a bubba!

any way I promise il get on later when the broad band is hooked up to do some personals....

dannik Guest

hi girls just quickly before Emilia starts screaming, Leah i watched 60 mins and it was ridiculous, i cant wait to hear all the letters that come through this week!! i cracked up when they said that they never give their kids a dummy and the 5 year old who wanted booby forever was walking around with one in her gob!

Sammi some days the bb is a bit rough on my back, it depends on how much tim i have to actually wear it correctly!!!

I didnt watch it, and im glad i didnt. Over in the Junies thread, they've been having a massive discussion about it all day!!

Leah-so proud of you for getting your needles all by yourself. I didnt have blood tests every day, But i've had alot of needles through my 3 pregnancies (especially Anneliese's) and i know what its like to just feel like a pin cushion. But know that theres an end in sight *yay*

There was a lady who lived down the road from mum's place who didnt toilet train her daughter until about 6 (couldnt be bothered) she still had a dummy-as far as i know, she still has one (she's about 8) still drinks from a bottle and her mum still takes her out in a pram at the shops. Its an embarrassment. I'm proud of my boys-Xander stopped dummies at 16 months, Declan never had a dummy and hasnt had a bottle for about 6 months (he's 19 months). Xandert's toilet trained and declan will be starting next summer. As parents we have a responsibility, and i wish some people would realise that (noone in here, just those people on TV from what i heard) Im glad i know such a great bunch of mummies

lucysmummie Guest

YAY
    MAN broadband is good! I didnt realise how [email protected] dial up was!

Dannik~ LOL Im gonna write in! wonder what Il say!? I didnt realise bubs can swim at such a young age!? im ringing the swim schools tomoro! Lucy would love it!

Simone~ 8 years old? WOW ur boys sound good!

Kat, Amy, sammi, deejoy, silvi...

Im still on dial up, i have two windows open to look around, other wise i'd be on here all day, not that thats a bad things, but i think my house and the kids would have something to say about that lol

lucysmummie Guest

dial up is SO slow compared to broad band I CAN SEE NOW but at least u have something simone! i would never of been on here if i didnt even have anything! ha ha..

where is everyone?

I dont know, i feel like i dont have a life, im on and off here all day, and noone else is lol

I'm here!!!!!!!

Shinee - yay at you getting broadband!! it's so much quicker eh?! I didn't see that programme you were on about, but have heard many comments about it!!

Sammi - Adrian must be getting so big to nearly be in 00's!!

Lucas has slept through now 3 nights in a row!!!!! yaaaay!!!!! but he was awful yesterday during the day and barely slept. He just went down before for a nap and seems to be asleep, fingers crossed he stays there!!

Kat
    xx

lucysmummie Guest

Hey girls

Simone~ Im the same we can b no lifers together! LOL

Kat~ Yeah that show was really [email protected] and there is heaps bout it in another thread... HOT HEADS ha ha ah funny!

WELL I came off the injections today!!! YAY YAY YAY!! SO happy! xept I stil have to have blod tests every 2nd day until next wk then every week until the scary CT scan... SO I spose its better than danny taking his frustration out on me with a HUGE needle at the end of the day..

I just came back from a massage feelin a tad better now..YAY I rang danny straight away after cause he was looking after lu and he goes to me "I havent been able to put her down or do what I wanted to do?!" I was like Oh really and then when i came in she was getting burped inbetween bottle mls and I said to her 'have u been naughty for daddy... thats not like u to winge and cry like a bubby' SOOoooOOOo sarcastically hahahahahahahhahahahah take a bit of ur own medicine BOI! HAHAHHA

Also Lucy is teething did I tell u guys that? her teeth are movin around and she keeps dribling and sucking EVERYTHING! Oh and Im teaching lu to swim in tha bath cause were gettin a pool in a couple of wks and i want her to b use to coldish water so Im gradually making it colder and colder when I run the bath.... she gets exsuasted after... well daddy wats a cup of tea cause he cant do 2 things at the same time...best be off!

just a quickie... Leah LOL at men not being able to do 2 things at one time

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast