Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #2

Oh dd!!!! i'm so glad that things are finally improving for Kyana, the poor little thing!! a big grrrrr to that paed, what a joke!! it sounds like the hospital has been fantastic :-)

Simone - thanks for the tip about the juice, thankfully the heat has gone now!

How is everyone else? it's sometimes soooo quiet in here!!

Lucas was a darling last night, fed at 8.30pm, and slept through to 6am! yaaay! and DH got up to feed him meaning I got more sleep!!!!! today my mum and I are away to a day spa to get some serious pampering - I can't wait!!!

Kat
    xx

Ooh Kat have fun at the spa. I'm going green at the thought of that!
    dd OMG! Your poor bubba Thank goodness the RCH got on the case and I hope she recovers quickly. Grrr to that pediatrician too!
    Leah if Lucy is sleeping through ok then there probably isn't any need to be waking her up to give her a bottle. Let her go and see what happens.
    Natalie I need to get a more comfortable chair so I can NAK (Nurse At Keyboard) too!

Thanks for the compliments guys you make me *blush* I definately don't look that good ATM lol but if Caleb keeps up sleeping for 7 hours overnight like he has the last few days then I just may
    We had MCHN visit and he weighs 12lb3oz and is 59cm long now so he is coming along well. I've got a rather large pile of grown out of clothes to pack away
    I went to visit a friend whose bub is 2 weeks old and weight just over 6lb :eek: my boy looks like a tank next to her!

dannik Guest

Dd glad to hear you have found help, i came in to post for you today as i went to visit my Osteopath who has fixed my back big time and said they help colic/reflux babies all the time and it works really well. I have also had a friend say she has taken her bub with this problem to the Osteo and has worked a treat so i thought it might be of interest to you that it may be a physical thing (apparently something to do with manipulating the baby's diaphram) that could be causing Kyana so much grief? However sounds like you have found appropriate help good on you!

Kat enjoy the pampering.. very jealous!!!

Emilia has been sleeping so much the last 2 days, we have had a couple of nights this week with sleeps from 9pm to 5.30am! last night she went down at 8 and woke at 4am for feed. I am trying to get her to bed earlier as she goes ferral from 5 to 9pm and i think she is purely tired. SO have told DH, that either he gets home earlier to bath and spend time with her or he misses out altogether, she needs to get to bed earlier... Even though she has been sleeping well at night she has surprised me by sleeping alot during the day as well!?? I think she is having a growth spurt???

Emilia is due for her immunisations tomorrow, bit nervous about it! I hope she doesnt cry poor darling!!! I have also booked her in for swimming which we are starting this week so really looking forward to that!

DH has left us to go to Sydney for 2 nights for work so i am really nervous about being on my own at night time.. one of my sisters is coming to stay with me tonight...

Oh my girl just burst into the saddest cry while sleeping! breaks my heart when she does that, i just want to pick her up and cuddle her.... god they are so cute arent they?

Hi girls, I hope you have all had a good weekend. Just a quick post before Aust Idol.

DD~ I am so glad that you have taken Kyana to the RCH and it all seems to be working out. I hope when you get back you send your paed an email to let them know what happened.

Kat~ How was your time at the day spa you lucky thing???

Sammi~ Wow Caleb is a long boy! Are you and DH tall??

danni~ GL with the injections tomorrow. Let me know how you go as William is having his on Thursday.

William and I are fantastic as always. He is such a good boy. I am so lucky.
    I have just started the post baby diet. (started on Fri) With only 10 weeks til Christmas it's probably a few weeks too late, but better late than never. I have started the Tony Ferguson programme that is run through the Terry White chemist. So far, so good, but I will find out how it's really going when I go and get weighed at the end of the week.

Sarah

Danni wow on that sleep! Taking Mason and Caleb for needles tonight. Should be fun :eek:
    Sarah glad to hear William is doing so well My parents have both done that program and lost heaps. DH is 6ft2 and his dad was 6ft4 so tall men are in the family.

Caleb is sleeping longer now. He's done one 7 hour night this week and the others have been abour 5 -6hrs before he woke so I'm feeling better!

I've updated his web page too

Sammi - what gorgeous photos you have! Caleb is adorable!! he is getting to be a big boy too!

Danni - hope you are doing okay without your DH, nice that your sister came to stay with you.
    I'd be really interested to hear how Emilia goes with the swimming, I really want to start Lucas early too. Hope she goes okay with her needles - Lucas screamed the poor thing!

Sarah - great to see you posting, it sounds like William is doing really well. Hope your diet continues to go okay :-)

My mum and I had such a lovely time at the day spa, it was pure bliss!!!!! 2 and a half hours of pampering.....so nice!!! said to DH I could easily go back every week, lol!!!

Grrr, Lucas is meant to be sleeping but I can hear him waking up - how typical when I was about to go for a shower!!!

Kat
    xx

Hi ladies,

Sarah, I'm with on the diet thing I really need to concerntrate on my eating they are all over the place atm.

Kat, I'm glad you had a nice time with your mum sounds great - I've never had any sort of pampering like that.

Dannik, Emilia will love the swimming lessons we took Shynelle early too and she's a real waterbaby now. Oh and thanks for the info on the Osteao if all else fails I think I will try that.

Sammi, hope the boys needles went ok? It makes like so much easier to cope when the babies sleep longer!

Where's Shinee?
    Well were back home now - grrrr...hang on a sec Kyana's crying....ok I'm back doing the one handed typing thingy...so as u can see Kyana's still not completely settled but is doing loads better we have to go back 2 RCH 2morro cause she's still battling with feeds - hmmm...gotta go she's not settling must have a tummy pain...

xxdd

lucysmummie Guest

Hey babes sorry I havent been in Ive been sick cause of taking antibiotics for my uterus infection. Did I tell every one I had a uterus infection? its actually been making me feel SO bad and then the antibiotics nearly made me vomit so danny didnt work on friday xept for the afternoon cause I could hardly see! I had a migrane and just felt SO bad. My neck is out too cause lucy is getting too heavy for me considering with the RSI I was having trouble lifting 1kg!

Thanks all about the formula! I was told by the nurse I had to give her 6 feeds I will goto get her weighed this week and see what they say cause I was SO upset when she didnt out on any weight I felt like a bad mum!

DD~ I CANT beleive what u have been through that Pead sounds like an idiot I would be sending her a letter of complaint! U should try get your money back! ABsoutly rediculous!!!

Kat~ Hope ur pampering was good

I better run pretty tired today got my haematologist appoinment tomoro so wish me luck I can get off these needles!

Leah yikes that sounds horrible! Hope you recover from that one quickly. What caused it?
    dd glad you're home. Poor tyke, how is she doing now after RCH today?
    Kat some days I don't get in the shower till the afternoon...

I remembered at 8pm about the needles and the session went from 6-7 so I'll have to go to the Drs. I didn't want to go to the Drs because I'm paranoid that I'll take in 2 healthy kids and end up with 2 sick ones a couple of days later. I mean the Drs waiting room is full of sick people isn't it!
    Caleb is having a growth spurt and is feeding every 2 hours. I'm not complaining though as my waistline is dissapearing. I can do the button up on my favourite jeans but my tummy skin still looks like a deflated balloon :eek:

lucysmummie Guest

Unhappy

Hey girls...

RANT ALERT!!!!! RANT ALERT!!!!!

MMMM I went to see the haematologist yesturday and I have to change to Warfaren (Tablet) BUT and there is a HUGE BUTT! to transfer over I have to take a little amount to get it into my system WHILE taking the injections (which hurt ever so much) and tomoro morning have to get a blood test to see wether the tablets are working and then will have to keep having BT until the tablets get into my system at the right level! THEN in 6 weeks I have to have ANOTHER CT scan which was TOTALLY horrible last time cause they put u on a drip which they inject INK into and it really hurts and last time it made me vomit! ALSO that day I have to saty in hosital and get HEAPS of BTs that day!IM SO NOT HAPPY cause if the tablets work on me I will probly keep on them for another 6wks after the first 6wks and then have another CT scan and will have to have HEAPS more BTs incase the Clot comes back !!!!

WHY ME! (And DD LOL) ITS NOT FAIR! I just keep thinking If I didnt get pregnant I WOULDNT of got a stupid BLOOD CLOT but if I DIDNT get pregnant I wouldnt have my gorgeous good little girl... Its just so hard cause Im just SO damn sick of these injections but I HATE BTs and to have to have another canula drip put in me with another Ct scan is SO over welming... Sorry I just really needed to get that out cause Every time i think about it my eyes well up with tears cause I just cant cope with it any more! I just dont understand why it happend to me!?...

Sorry... xoxo

Oh Leah, sending you big hugs sweetie!!! who knows why these things happen to us, but everytime you think about what you have to go through think about or look at Lucy and that will make you smile!

Feeling rather sad today girls, my parents went back to the UK yesterday :-( the house is just so quiet and empty......I feel lost without them! sometimes I do wonder if I made the right decision moving to Australia as I miss them so much when they aren't here........

Kat
    xx

Leah. Not sure what I can say to make you feel better. Just give Lucy big hugs when you feel this way, OK.
    Kat for you too. I miss my parents and they only live an hours drive away.

amy Guest

Hi girls!

I know it has been ages since i have been on but i am sure you will all understand what its like having a newborn in the house, who has time to go on the computer.

I have a dilemma... sleep - dont know if you have had any trouble with your babies sleeping during the day but mine just refuses to. Finn sleeps if i have him in the pram out walking and in the carseat in the car but apart from that he wont sleep in his cot during the day. I currently have a screaming little boy in his cot now and he is so tired and keeps yawning but is just fighting the sleep. I keep trying to persevere and just comfort him and put him back in the cot and leave but as soon as i do he starts crying again. I have been just getting him up lately to keep him happy but i am sure he must be needing more sleep than what he has been getting. Does anyone have any suggestions or do i just keep on going and hope he eventually stops crying and goes to sleep. It is so stressful having a crying baby especially when you know all he needs to do is have a good sleep and he would feel much better. I know that some babies can be awake alot during the day and be happy but i would just like him to have one sleep in his bed during the day at least.

Sorry for the moan and hope all you ladies are doing great with your wee bubbas

take care - amy & finn xx

Kat, although my parents dont live on the other side of the world, they live ont he other side of Oz, and i know just how you feel... But i feel blessed-i have my family here. I just look at them and i feel happy again

dannik Guest

Oh Leah sorry to hear you are having all these problems again and you arent even pregnant now! it must be really stressful...

Kat it must hurt alot now to see your parents leave now that you have Lucas, i think having a baby has made me a lot closer to my parents and it would have been so much help for you having them here... dont know what to say really except i guess you will feel better once you get back into your routine?? A friend of mine had her parents visit her from Melbourne when she had her bub and when they went home she was so upset and thinking of moving back as she has no family support here...

Amy, i dont know if you already doing this, but my baby Emilia is also a party animal during the day, she sleeps incredibly well at night but day time is another story. To get her to have a sleep in the morning (which seems to be the only time that this works and she sleeps a good 3 hours) i change her, feed her and then keep her awake by putting her under her mobile and then on her play mat for an hour or so, until she starts to get figety and crys then i put her to bed with her dummy and off she goes to sleep. This doesnt work in the afternoon, like Finn she will only go to sleep in the car, pram and generally when i am out and about! Oh and the baby bjorn is my favourite thing in the afternoons as she will sleep in that..

Simone i see you are officially trying for number 4 hey! Good luck! I am sure it wont take long! Dh and I have decided to wait till next year, prob April i think... i dont want to go through all of summer heavily pregnant so a January baby would be fine...

Sammi Emilia loved the swimming on Tuesday she did so well and slept the rest of the day! I got a good work out too, felt so good to get fit again! I have booked us in for 2 classes a week... Actually Amy this is something maybe finn will like, as it completely knackers them!

amy Guest

Danni thanks for your help. Pleased i am not alone. Occasionally when finn has his first feed of the morning around 6-6.30am he will go back down again after i feed him but then some days not a chance. He seems happy enough to be awake i just worry that he will get overtired and should be having more sleep and dont know whether i am letting a bad habit form by not trying to get him to sleep in his cot during the day. ????? where is the baby manual when you need it!

What is the baby bjorn?????

Amy - good to see you on here!! i've missed you!
    Sorry to hear that Finn isn't sleeping well during the days.....Lucas is starting to be like this too and it's driving me mad! he always wants to be held. Are you using a dummy at all? we said we wouldn't ever use one - ha, that changed!! it's the one thing that will calm Lucas down and get him to think about going to sleep - he rarely falls asleep with it in though, it just gets him into the sleeping "mode"! (and he doesn't need it at night) something to try maybe??
    The Babybjorn is a baby carrier - we have one too, and one day when Lucas was being awful it did work putting him in it and walking about with him in it - he eventually went to sleep!

Danni - how are you doing?! glad that Emilia liked her swimming, I really want to take Lucas - must look into it.

Thanks Simone and Sammi - I just feel so lost!! it's amazing how much you can miss people.....

I've added a link now to my signature - lots of photos of Lucas in it if anyone wants to look!! much more than my website.......

Kat
    xx

Hi Girls, seems like some of you need a few hugs, so here they are

Sorry for no personals atm but I`m running out of time, I`ll be back later if I have the chance

Adrian is doing well, had the clinic appointment on Monday for his 10 week check up, he`s now 7.4kg and 64cms long and according to the nurse is very advanced, I`m wondering if it`s to do with him being overcooked as she says he`s doing things he shouldn`t be doing for another 4 weeks, so I`m a happy Mummy to hear that He`s such a talkative little boy and so very happy, very rarely cries and when he does it`s for a good reason, had his vacs yesterday and he`s been running a very high temp so he`s not feeling his best today, I was really worried about him at 2am thought we were off to the Hospital, he was on fire but thankfully after some panadol the temp dropped a bit.

In the sleep department, Adrian has been sleeping 10 hours each night for the last 2 weeks, I`m wondering when will he start waking up again it`s too good to be true as Matthew didn`t sleep through until he was 10 months.

Take Care

Dee

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast