Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #2

dannik Guest

Whoo hoo Shinee!! So true about taking the edge off them! DH was a different guy in the morning! Wish we could be fixed that easily!!

Simone, 22 you can do it. Good idea just to go through it and get them all out now then have them all grown by the time you are 45! Then RETIRE!

I think right now is a bit soon for us, but roll on the new year!

I too have noticed emilia making conversation lately, not alot and not all the time but she will sometimes respond with a "GA" when i am talking to her! and usually a GA with a big smile attached to it! TOO BLOODY CUTE!

Hey dannik, if i stop having kids now, when i hit 40, my kids will be 21, 19 and 18. i like that. But then i look at Anneliese and get all clucky again... Anyone want to take Anneliese and bring her back when she's a terrible 2, and then ill remember why i always say to myself "no more, no more..." lol

Hi girls,

Well I was feeling better but now Kyana has been struggling to feed again it's doing my head in! I'm not sure if they'll do anything but I can't afford to go to the dr's so I'm gonna try the Children's hosp - thanks for the support it is really appreciated makes me feel like someone is listening.

By the way Sammi I agree with Danni that's a really nice pic of you.
    xxdd

HEy dd, do any drs near you bulk bill?? Might be easier than going to the childrens, its a nightmare there generally. Good luck, if you need anything at all, im here, i live in tulla...

Hi Girls. You have all been VERY busy chatting!

Simone~ You are one crazy woman!! Any news on the HPT yet???

DD~ We are always here for you to vent, so vent as much as you need to if it helps. I'm sure your CT scan results will be fine and you are worried about nothing.

Leah~ As soon as I am done here I am off to read your birth story. Congrats on the hanky panky last night, I'm glad you enjoyed. I am still finding it a little uncomfortable. But I only had sex with DH 3 times while pregnant so it has been a while!!

Danni~ I agree with the sex thing being uncomfortable! As I said to Leah, I'm sure it's going to take a while as we weren't even doing it (apart from 3 times) when I was preg.

Natalie~ How on earth with all of those kids do you find the time to get on the net??

William and I are doing great. We had our 8 week check yesterday and he is now weighing 5.3 kilos.
    Well I must go and put the clothes on the line, I hope you are all well and I promise to keep at the hanky panky until it gets better
    Sarah

NO, i havent left the house yet, so blah... just feel so tired and cant get motivated. Which is bad as the rents now overdue as i've been like this for a few days. Need motivation.

lucysmummie Guest

Cool

DD~ BABE! please do vent hunny! I know it works for me vent vent vent! I hope ur feelin better...

Dannik~ I love the Gas with a big smile So cute! Yes danny was a different man this morning! SO funny....

Sarah~ WOW william is a big boy! lucy just hit the 4kg mark a day off 10wks! its weird how some bubs are just smaller or bigger than others! Lucy is still in 0000 clothes! not many but 000 are sometimes just that bit too big!

Simone~ whats the go with the HPT??? any news ur crazy cooke!I get what u mean bout having them young I cant wait to travel the world when Im 42 and Lucy is 22 having her own bubs!

well Ive nearly cleaned the entire front of our house! Im on a roll today! and when danny gets home were gonna go for a walk...nice!

Has everyone read my birth story?

Where is Kat? Oh and I havent seen Amy in a while??

Sarah, this is where I feed Zain

Hey girls!! did you all miss me?!!! lol!!!!! we've been away since Saturday down the coast with my parents - Lucas's first holiday! we went along the Great Ocean Road - I tell you, he's going to be one well travelled baby!!! he did really well considering he was in and out of the car, his pram, etc.

Am going to read what you've all been saying and will come back and do personals......

Kat
    xx

No pg news yet, dont hold out for me, i dont 100% think i am, just been feeling that way a bit. Im just really broke, so ill buy the test when i get some cash again...

lucysmummie Guest

I missed u kat!!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!

Natalie~ I feed Lucy while Im on the computer aswell cause there is never anything on the telly!

Simone~ Good luck wen u buy the test....

Hi everyone... Im so tired today! lucy didnt have her 11pm feed AGAIn 3 days in a row I put my alarm on but it doesnt wake me up and she doesnt cry so... but she woke up at 4am so i gave her, her dummy and she went back to sleep for an hour and wanted to b fed at 5am but ever since yesturday she has been chuckin up a considerable ammount of milk, should i b worried? i mean firstly she is suppose to be having 6 feeds but she isnt even drinking all of her bottles... I was thinking I should go see the nurse? what do u gals think?

Leah, im sorry i cant help you, my bubs have all been breastfed, so i dont know what it is with formula... i hope they sort something out, or i hope it sorts itself out!!

lucysmummie Guest

HA her last 2 feeds have been 180mls and she hasnt chucked much?? she is one weird cookie! mayb she just didnt need it or something??

Simone- Becasue Annalise was so premature I thought u couldnt BF? how did u do that? Im sure when they r so little they need it more hey? good on u!I was thinking today how mch I wish me and Lucy worked out...never mind being on the injections isnt safe so its for the better....

lucy has been so good today! I mean she is pretty good everyday but she slept from 1 till 4pm so I got an awesome run of the cleaning! we moved the house around so it looks better now! A change is definatly as good as a Holiday!

Leah, when they are born prem they feed them through a nasal gastric tube, and when they are about 34 weeks (generally) you can start them on 1 breastfeed a day, normally it only lasts about 1-2 mins before they fall asleep, exhausted. MY lil trooper (proud mummy alert!) fed at 31 weeks, and for 10 mins her first time!! She was fully breastfed within 2 weeks, which is really unusual at her gestation. The nurses had never seen a baby breastfeed that early before. And only when they are taking the breast or a bottle every feed, then that awful tube can come out!! They wouldnt take Anneliese's out, as she was so little, but after she pulled it out 5 times in one day, they said they would leave it wout and put it back in if she needed it. They never put it back in...
    I just expressed every couple of hours (with my trusty avent isis!!) and used sterlie containers to take my milk in twice a day. now THAT is a milking machine!!!

She's still a really good feeder, i give her 1 formula feed of 100ml about 8pm so i can give her her Coloxyl (helps her poo more than one a week-fortnight!) I think it really helped Anneliese, and it helped us bond a little, as did the kangaroo cuddles. I dont think i would be this close to her otherwise.
    Last edited by simone; October 12th, 2006 at 10:20 AM.

Hi girls

God, I am soooooo hot today - it's about 33 degrees here today, aahhhh! poor Lucas is suffering a little I think - he just drank 180mls, followed by another 60mls! I guess they must get thirsty too in the heat??

Leah - glad that Lucy wasn't throwing up as much. Why does she have to be on 6 feeds a day though? just thinking that on the formula tin, for their age group it says 5 feeds? or did the nurse advise you to do 6 feeds? Lucas normally always gets the 5 feeds, and like today, sometimes a little more.

Oh, i've updated my website with some more photos if anyone wants to look!

Kat
    xx

Kat, you might want to give him a little boiled water with a little bit of blackcurrant juice in it. Anneliese hates the heat, she doesnt settle very well, but i find that something other than milk helps her thirst a little. I dont even buy ribena (its so expensive) Safeway has the home brand one thats about $2.50. Same thing.
    It is so blustery, i promised the boys we could have a picnic today (forgot it was meant to be hotter than yesterday...) so went for a walk with them and got some chips from the milk bar, and had a picnic watching Bob the Builder in the lounge room. They were pretty happy with that. Then all of them went down for naps. INCLUDING Xander, which is really unusual, usually her might have 1/2 an hour at about 3pm, but he's been asleep for 1.5 hours so far... hopefully i didnt just jinx it...

All you lucky perth people, you better be enjoying that wonderful cold wet melbourne weather for me, you can have your 30*C+ days back now!!!

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd pop in to say I am finally not going crazy and am currently typing from the internet at the parents lounge of the Royal childrens hospital which is where Kyana and I have been all week!!!!! They couldn't believe I had been putting up with her how she was I'm soooo p#$sed off with my paediatriction for brushing her off - When we got to the childrens hosp they basically looked at her heard her cry and admitted us immediately with majorly chronic reflux that cause oesophagitis (sp) which is an inflamed/raw throat from all the V and she has a really bad cough from the throwing up and she also gags all the time cause her throat is so swallon plus she has problems digesting her food and gets bad tummy pains and she just crys all the time. The nurses/dr's have been great in here and stuff going prvte we went public cause can't afford any thing else and now I'm pulling outta my prvt cover cause she saw all the best dr's and all under medicare and that stupid paed cost me $100 last week and she didn't do a thing to help and they told me we shoulda been in hosp a couple of weeks ago!

Ok Vent over - the up side is they have treated her throat and changed her meds and formula cause none of it was working and monitored her 24/7 all week and today she's been smiling nearly all day - I can't believe it so hopefully we go home tomorrow - basically they told me that she should be feeding about every 4 hours not less than 3 though and taking in about 100mls per kilo (shes 5 kilos so 500mls a day - that's for you leah - hope it helps) cause we were also going throught the nightmare of 2 and a half hourly feeds I was going insane! Plus babies that are healthy can cry up to 3 hours a day and in monitoring Kyana she cried for 5 hours in a 12 hour period which apparently means something is massively wrong!!!!

So my help is here and she's going to be monitored ongoing now until 6months as outpatient of the RCH - YAY!!! No truer saying to GIVE THAT THEY MAY GROW - This hospital gives out so much I feel so relieved and grateful that they believed me and in turn Lee does too now - I don't think he could comprehend it but he's so sorry now for not realising the extent of it.

Hmmmm....I've hogged the forum - sorry guys but thanks so much for listening and thanks Simone for the back up.

I'll get back on when I'm back home.
    Hope you're all well....
    xxdd

Hey DD im SO glad everything worked out, damn paed grrr... Im just glad things worked out at the Childrens, and im here anytime, that's what we're all her for sweetie. Hopefully you will see a totally different little girl now, and things will get that little bit easier... I have a big smile on my face, i was getting really worried about you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast