Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #7

Default Babies Born August 2006 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2006.

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

I just wanted to be the first to write on the new thread!

Sam - Yay for your clever little man

Kelly - Happy belated birthday, you make me feel so old.

Dawn - you certainly have a big boy there and I thought Adrian was big, both our boys are the same length, Are you or DH tall? DH is 6ft 3 so that`s where both my boys get their height from, Matthew at 21 months is still on the 97th percentile for height, he`s 91cms and Adrian is doing the same.

Sarah - I thought you may have been a hairdresser.

Adrian isn`t taking to his solids like his big brother, he`d rather have boobie instead, I was wondering though Matthew started solids when I conceived so perhaps my milk was down so he ate more solids, just a thought.

I have tried Adrian on rice cereal which he doesn`t mind, potato - this was a disaster, pear seem to give him tummy pains and carrot which he doesn`t mind.

MIL was telling me carrot was the worse thing to give him, he should be eating spinach or broccoli instead and don`t give him rice cereal give him weet bix of and another thing she told me was food is more important then breastmilk now Sometimes she has too much to say!!!

Adrian is quite happy rolling all over the floor which suits me, I`m not ready for him to crawl just yet.

I have a bad flu at the moment and with Adrian getting up between 6 - 8 times a night it`s not helping as I`m lucky to get 2 hours straight sleep, last night he only got up 3 times, hoping it will continue like that.

Dee~ I asked my MCH about weetbix and she said not to give it yet as there was a too much fibre for their little tummies to handle.
    I think the most important thing you can do is go with your instincts. MIL's can be a pain! I am so glad I don't really talk to mine!
    I hope your flu goes away soon. These babies don't really leave us much time to get sick. I was sick yesterday and William and I stayed in bed til 3pm. Lucky for me he was happy to play and nap in bed with me.
    Sarah

Sarah - Off the top off my head I think it`s around 10 months before wheat should be introduced, my MIL has no idea yet she knows Matthew has severe allergies even though I was careful with him so I`m being extra careful with Matthew and wheat is way down the list, I haven`t even given Adrian any rusk sticks as they have wheat in them, I`m just too scared I don`t want two children with allergies who need epi pens on hand all the time. The thing is I thought she was great until my children came along and then the other side of her came out or perhaps it`s because I`m a Mummy things are different and we know what`s best. Lucky you for being able to take a nap in bed till 3pm, I can`t do that with Matthew, he`d destroy the house LOL

Well I just went and got Charlotte weighed as I was a bit worried as she will not really take to solids and becuase she is sleeping through the night she has dropped 2 feeds, so she is on about 5 feeds a day and we are still trying to get her to take solids, anyway she is still only:
    6.865 kgs, so tiny still, I can not belive she is till under 7 kgs, and she only put on 170 grms in 5 weeks, so my health nurse said to try and feed her before a b/f to try and get her into taking solids, so just keep giving Charlotte what she will eat, so I am going to offer her fruit 2-3 times a day.
    She is also still in some 000 clothes, her clothes are lasting me ages, which is great.

Dee- you poor thing I hope you get some sleep soon, Charlotte was waking heaps during the night, until I moved her to her own bedroom and now she is sleeping trough the night.

Kelly~ I am sure Charlotte will start eating solids when she is ready. I wouldn't worry too much. At least she is still putting on weight, even if it is just a little. It's better than losing weight.

William is having 3 bottles and 2 solids a day. I'm not sure if I am doing it all right, but I figure he is happy enough and sleeping through the night so it must be ok. At the moment he is madly sucking on the bottom of a piece of watermelon and he is loving it.

Who's coming to the SE meet next fri?

Kelly - Charlotte will start eating when she`s ready, your still breastfeeding and at this stage breastmilk is still more important then food until they reach 12 monthst then it`s important that they eat, at the moment it`s just a matter of them tasting the food and getting used to their new skill, don`t worry too much she`ll eventually eat. I think I mentioned Adrian doesn`t eat like Matthew did, Matthew at this age was eating about 2 cups of food at each meal plus his breastmilk, I`m lucky to get a tablespoon into Adrian but he obviously gets some because his poos are changing ewww.

Sarah - We have a whole watermelon here and I was contemplating if Adrian can have some or not, I have just given him Pumpkin today so I`ll have to wait 3 days before giving him something new so if that watermelon is still sitting around I`ll give him some.

I`m not sure how Many feeds Adrian has a day but he`s often feeding and he`s on one solid meal a day.

Feeling slightly better today although I took Matthew to Gymbaroo and they were having problems with the air conditioning so I got overheated then felt 100 times worse but now I`m home I`m still feeling better then I did 3 days ago.

Dee, MIL's hey...what's wrong with carrot? Was she referring to not feeding them sweet foods or something?
    Hope you get over your flu soon
    Kelly maybe Charlotte is a petite person. Keep doing what you're doing but don't stress too much.
    Sarah I hope you're feeling better. I wish I could stay in bed till 3

Well today is Caleb's 1/2 birthday! Where has the last 6 months gone!

Sam - According to MIL carrot is far too strong tasting to give a baby Happy 6 months Caleb

Not much going on here, my flu is still hanging around but I`m much better. Have to leave soon to puck up DSS`s, apparently Alister is getting bullied (first year of high school) so we have to meet the school bus to get the boys instead of picking them up from home as usual as their Mum will not be home in time, he`s the last one I expected to be bullied.

Hope your all well.

Dee bugger about the bullies. I do fret about my boys being bullied, though I have a feeling that Angus may be one...

Caleb had health centre and he is 8.40kg and 69cm long, the big lug! Put on a nice show for the nurse being all smiley and cute, then on the way home screamed blue murder

Sam- I carn't belive Caleb is over 8 kgs, he doesn't look that big. Is he crawling yet?, Charlotte is trying so hard, but she just carn't work how to get up her hands and knees yet.

Sarah- Me and the girls will be there next friday. Are you not working on fridays now?

Dee- Thats good that you are starting to feel better, I also worry about my girls getting picked on when the reach primary high schoo, though when i was watching Madison play at the childcare centre the other day she is the one to take toys off the other children.

Dee~ What did the school have to say about the bullying?

Sam~ Wow Caleb is 8kg! That's great! Are you coming on Fri?

Kelly~ I am now free on Fridays!! Mum is back at Uni this week so I have lost my babysitter. I don't mind at all having Friday's off. I can't wait to see you and the girls on Friday.

I am so tired! We had a wedding last night. Which for me always makes for a big day of getting up early to get the bridal parties hair done and then having to try to look beautiful myself. We stayed at Crown last night which was really nice. I wish we could have stayed in the city and shopped today but I had to come home and work. There really are no advantages to being your own boss sometimes. Tonight we had an engagement party but made it an early night as we are still recovering from last night!
    I hope you're all well.
    Sarah

Sarah- sounds like you are so busy, did you take Willaim to the wedding?, Oh i would love to stay at crown.

We are off to F/G when the girls wake up so I can get Madison some new sandles as we have an engagment party to go to next weekend.

Good morning mummy's and bubbies!

Just popping in to see how you are all doing but most of you haven't even been online all weekend.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Christian, William and I went down to beach rd Sandringham to a restaurant called Finz for lunch. They had the most mouth watering prawns!!! I thoroughly recommend it.

Today I am going to spend some time doing some housework and washing. Yuck but we haven't really been home all weekend so there's lots to do. We were planning on staying home and doing it together yesterday but MIL called and said she wanted to come over, so we evacuated the house for the day! LOL!

Sarah

Sarah - We haven`t been told what the school had to say, I believe Alisters Mum spoke to the school on Friday but as yet we haven`t heard what happened. Sounds like you had a lovely couple of days. Enjoy the housework, I should be doing some too, I have cleaned the big boys room, what a mess, that`s teenagers for you!!!!

Sam - Yay for Caleb doing so well.

DH has woken Adrian up just when I managed to get him down grrr, he`s now only getting up 3 times a night, which is a lot better to 8 times, he fights his afternoon sleep, I always tell him he`s too young to cut down to one sleep a day.

Adrian loved his carrot today, big open mouth for it YAY, I tried watermelon over the weekend, he wasn`t too keen on it.

Sarah- sounds like what we would do in regarding MIL's, I love sandringham, I used to work down in that area of the bay, if we had lots of money, thats were we would live.

Dee- I hope you get some more sleep soon. Charlotte does not like going down at night, it took 2 hours last night, but she does like her morning sleeps.

Charlotte woke up at 2:30am for a feed this morning, I dont know what happened as she has been sleeping through for about 3 weeks. I hope it was a one off.

Sarah ROFL at you re the MIL! Mmmm prawns...

Dee hope Adrian slept better for you last night.

Kelly I went shoe shopping for Angus the other day and there wasn't much about. Hope you had better luck!

I've been trying farex with Caleb every day and he's not keen at all. I know some got in as his nappy was a bit whiffy yesterday. Thought I might get some pear and mix it in to make it taste a bit nicer for him.
    We went to MIL's place for tea last night and he screamed the whole time. We got a flat tyre on the way home and he screamed the whole time. When we got home he was all cute and smiley. Little monkey is such a homebody

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast