Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

Hi Girls... can I join in?

I'm from the September BellyBuddies group, but our little man couldn't wait!

Forum Name: Anna**
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 15th August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3070grams Length - 49cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Beautiful Boy
    Baby's Name: Alexander Siegfried
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Born at King Edward Family Birthing Centre

Leah., i had trouble with my supply, and after trying everything, i got some domperidone (motillium/maxalon - all the same) and although its an anti-nausea medication, the side effect is it actually stimulates and makes you make more milk!! I was getting a letdown every hour or so (i can only feed when i let down) Anneliese is nearly 12 weeks old, and only been at home for 5 weeks, but my milk has been going strong, thanks to the meds (but it is hard as a first time mum to bf, i find your nipples toughen up as you go along-Anneliese is my third, and sometimes i dont even notice!!) Good luck with whatever you choose. I prefer breastfeeding, but i think its up to the person (and you do have to be careful seeing you MCHN about bf-some are a part of the ABA, and can be biased... just a warning. Its good your dr is so supportive )

Im going to stick around here, Anneliese is only 2w1d corrected age.... even though she's 11w3d old!!) She a june baby by birth date, august baby by heart...

Hi girls

Anna - glad to have you in our group! how is Alexander going? how early was he?

Shinee - you lucky thing having Lucy sleeping through the nights, i'd do anything to have more than 2 hours sleep at a time!!

Simone - glad that you're going to post in here too, how is Anneleise going?

Lucas is doing okay, he's been really unsettled today though, and yesterday too - won't sleep for longer than an hour and seems to want to be constantly fed......

Kat
    xx

Hi girls...

Xander is going really well... hmm, well as can be for a newborn anyway! lol. He feeds every two hours but it is working well for us at the moment as he 'normally' goes to sleep straight after his feed and doesn't wake until the next. Had a couple of nights that have had me searching for the warranty card on this new baby... but apparently they don't come with one???

Kat79 - Alexander was due on the 2nd of September, but came two weeks early! I didnt even realise I was in labour till I was 3cm. oops. Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of days with Lucas.. hope he settles soon for you.

Shinee - Wow.. sleeping through the night. I'm jealous! I'm just lucky DH is home for a month and we can take turns with our little guy (other than feeding that is)

HEy everyone, Anneliese is doing well, she just doesnt sleep atm... i can only get her to settle when we cosleep, which i hate doing as i cant get into a deep sleep, my body wont let me. During the day, she's great!! Im thinking of gong to a class which teaches me to cope with it or something... i never had probs with the boys!!

dannik Guest

Hi girls!! first post in baby buddies! how are all our babies doing???

Well Emilia is 8 days today! cant believe it, i ventured out to the shops on my own for the first time today, just wanted to run in and change a couple of outfits she got as gifts as she SOOOO MANY CLOTHES now she will grow out of the new stuff before she has even worn them, so i took some back and bought 1s for next winter....

How is everyone going?

Shinee i read your post about Lucy sleeping, has she been like that the whole time? Emilia is a gem so far, i am waiting for the Evil one to rear her head however I feed her at 9pm and she goes down around 10 then will wake anywhere between 2:30 to 4:00am for a feed (or i will wake her) and then she is down again till about 8... then the feeding starts again for every 3 hours roughly.... i just love her for it!i get more sleep now than i did when i was pregnant!

Is it just me or did you guys feel quite scared in the beginning, i find i am worrying if she has enough to eat, if she is sleeping too much, her cord stump is bleeding a little so was worried about that.... if she is too cold or hot! argh!

Kat cant believe how much Lucas looks like you, do you think he does? i dont know what your DH looks like though.....

Everyone says Emilia looks like Dames, i think they are right, i have photos i dont know where to post them though? is it hard setting up a webpage????

Sorry Kat and Simone to hear your bubs arent settling too well, i just finished reading all the posts ( i jumped in early from excitement)... Simone i would be scared with co sleeping as well, i just dont think i would trust myself with her next to me...

Hi girls
    I hope you don't mind having another August mummy in here!
    Sarah

Hi girls

Sarah - the more the merrier!! how are you and bubs doing?

Danni - so good to see you posting my sweet! it sounds like you and Emilia are doing great! so tell us about the birth, was it okay??? and am I right in saying you thought you were having a boy?? or was it a girl?!!!
    As for feeling scared - yep, I still feel it!! the hot and cold thing worried me most in the first few days....but as long as his chest is warm then it reassures me!
    I have most of my photos saved to Yahoo photos, it's probably the easiest way to get them all in one place, but you'd need to get a Yahoo email address first.....

Anna - ha ha about the warranty card!!!!

Simone - that is good to hear Anneleise is going well, so does she just not sleep well during the night?

Lucas and I are doing well, he had an okay night last night, I just feel soooo tired all the time though, so much so that I have a really bad headache most days, but what can I do??

Kat
    xx

Sarah, I have added your details to the front page. Don't worry about the heart murmur, it is used to describe the sound of the blood pumping through the heart, often described as a 'whooshing' sound. Erin was born with a small VSD (hole) in her heart and had a heart murmur because of it and is completely fine now. They are also quite common too.

Hey
    Anneliese only gets bits of sleep here and there, she barely sleeps during the day as well. I dont know how she does it, as im knackered, she must be exhausted!!

dannik Guest

Hey girls!

Kat birth went really well, i started getting mild contractions around 6pm on the 19th Aug, had a show, went to hospital at around 7ish, contractions continued every 10 minutes for about 2.5 hours then got more intense and every 5 mins, however i wasnt dilating so body was wearing itself out, and oh my god i didnt think i could do it, Midnight i had an epidural, THANK THE LORD FOR EPIDURALS! About 4am i had dilated to about 4 - 5 cm however she was still not engaged, they said that i should probably expect a caesar, however by 6am i said i felt the need to push, they checked me my waters had broken and she was just in my pelvis. Midwife said i can try however i wear myself out i should expect caesar, 7:30 she was born!
    I was told she was a girl, so we were expecting a little Miss!!!

I went out for my first outing yesterday to the shops, how scary is that???? i felt so panicked that i was hot all over! will go again in thursday...

Kat i sent some pics through to your email address, sorry every one when i have time i will try and set up a site so you can have a look! She is a doll!

Did you see that Rayla had her bubba! A boy!there was no name mentioned though...

Fraser Guest

hi Ladies,

I'm from the July group and was wondering if any of you have heard from Dee at all? She was due in July but went over and I think she hung out in the August Belly buddies group until she had her baby.

I know she had a little boy, Adrian, but that was weeks ago and she used to be so regular with her posts.

So was just wondering if I had missed a post from her, or if anyone knows how she's going?

Cheers, Em.

ps: congrats to all the new mums!

Fraser, Dee has still not been on since Adrian was born. She did have another short hospital stay and I am sure she will be back on as soon as she is able to get a free moment.

Hey everyone!!

I'm back on at last and glad to have found you all!

Congratulations to everyone - I think we've all had our precious little people!!

Life is so busy atm. Glad to hear we're all doing well.

Leah, we have followed a very similar trend in nearly every way - I have stopped BF and am exclusively formula feeding and it's good for the night although we're not sleeping right through yet but I have had four hours straight which is wonderful.

I have had mastitis which was extremely painful and I was really ill from it like I had the flu with majorly sore breasts. My milk had finally dried up but I still get sharp shooting pains and still have a headache but it's getting better every day. Kyana has reflux and now we're trying to work our way through this and she has been put on a special formula to try and help it cause she's getting really tramatised whenever she burps, hiccups or vomits which is pretty constant.

Well that's enough of me for now - very happy to have found you all and be back online - I've missed you all heaps!!

xxdd

August Belly buddies is finally finished, Nat had a boy this morning... Just saw the post in birth announcements. Right on her due date!! I think i went first (missing out on my extra $1000D'oh!!) But our babies all arrived safe and sound, and we are all now sufficiently sleep deprived...

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome.
    I should really let you know a little about me and my wee William.
    William was born 3 weeks early but is doing great. Have taken himm off the breast and is on formula due to lack of supply and a lazy eater (this was prob due to bubs having jaundice) But mum and bubs are both happier now that the feeding is sorted out. I can't believe how guilty you feel about making the decision that b/f is not working. But I guess I have learned that b/f isn't for everyone.
    Sarah

hey guys sorry no updates since announcing the Xavier has arrived, sp have been keeping very queit and a low profile. Things havent been to great here, i have PND and it offically sucks. Xavier is going really wel thou, in the last 15 days (since last ECHN visit) he has put on 620grams, before that he put on 380 grams in 7 days, he loves his milk, i have a damn good supply so im happy, he sleeps well goes down at 10pm at night and goes down for 5.5 hours til 3.30am for another feed and back up at 7am, he is a very placid quiet baby rarely screams or crys, we got our 1st smilies last sat which was good. big sis is doing well and loves kissing him, daddy is loving it too

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast