Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

lucysmummie Guest

AH I hate this bloody computer! I wrote a huge post and its gone totally gone!!!!! RAH!

dannik - yes lucy has been great from the start!

DD - glad ur back online babe!glad to know im not the only one on formula...

Kat - hope ur getting a little sleep

Simone - Im a july mummy so im sure its fine u stay in here

yummymummy - thats crap u have PND! hope ur feelin ok today (((flower)))

anna - nice to meet u and welcome to our little room

MAN its crowded in here!!! YAY the more the merrier!

Lucy has a cold the poor babe! typical cause its really cold in canberra atm... our heating blew up today so dannys brother is fixing it tomoro were staying at mums tonight cause its just too cold in our house ... well Im starving havent had dinner yet been runing around for lucy she has been sleeping heaps today but cries if i put her down cause she isnt well..poor little thing its horrible when they r sick! it made me cry today...

see yas glad to hear from u all MWAH! (((kisses)))

Hey leah, watch lucy careful... Anneliese started off like that, then her feeds started getting less and less, then her nappies stopped. It was the beginning of bronchiolitis. I dont want to scare you, but i wouldnt want anything to happen to that beautfil lil princess...

Well, off to Drs for me, the "PND" i've had after each of the kids and never disappeared is not PND. I have bipolar disorder. No wonder my meds didnt work!! Talking to my psychologist, it looks like i may have had it as a teen, but it was always misdiagnosed. Hopefully i can get on with my life now... finger crossed.

lucysmummie Guest

morning...(((yawn))) lucy slept from 11:30pm (after her feed) till 7am thismorning!!! I couldnt beleive it... the poor thing must b feeling so sick... im taking her to the doctors today to just get a check and see how she is... she hasnt got a temp or anythin just a blocked nose and cough...

thought id ask a few random questions so us august bellie buddies can get to know the new girls!

uuuummm....

have u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnacy jeans? did u cry after ((LOL))???
    Yes....YES!

what r u going to use for contraception now??
    I cant go back on the pill cause of the blood clot so the little mans rain coat is comin out again....

Do u plan to have more babies or is that a touchy subject?mmm I would love a little oliver... not really soon though

Did u expect to get the sex of the baby u got??
    NO! i was totally shocked when she came out a girl I thought danny was joking!

well i hope that gets the ball rolling in here... So bored can u tell??? need adult convo today! ha ha ha

ETA: Simone - we posted at the same time lol, yeah Im checking her temp heaps and waking her up to feed her and making sure she drinks the same amount if not more... as i said off to the doctors, its better to be safe than sorry! Sorry to hear bout ur bipolar I hope u can learn to live with that and get through it, Ive known a few ppl with that and if u can live with it and get through it ul only b a better stronger person.. (((hugs)))
    Last edited by lucysmummie; August 31st, 2006 at 09:00 AM.

dannik Guest

hi ladies!
    Simone sorry to hear about your condition but like u say u can treat it and get on with your life now!so that is good news!

Leah, i hope lucy gets better! i am so confused by the sleeping feeding thing, emilia would prob sleepall night if i didnt wake her for a feed mid early hours.. should i be letting her sleep? i am worried she will be hungry as she rarely cries for feeds i kind of pre empt it... maybe i should see if she sleeps through tonight?

Kat how u hanging in there??? hope lucas is being a good boy!

welcome to all the other new mums!hope all iks well in ur babylands!

here are my answers to ur questions Leah:
    u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnacy jeans? did u cry after ((LOL))???
    Yes!was very excited!!!

not sure will be v careful using BF i think....

Do u plan to have more babies or is that a touchy subject?
    Yes! will see how emilia pans out but maybe try again in a year?

Yes!

Hi all,

Simone - I have a very close friend that went through the same sort of thing and she was misdiagnosed for years - thankfully, though she's on the right track - but has fallen off the wagon (so to speak a couple of times only cause she thought she was better and came off her meds) try to remember that and I'm sure you;ll be fine.

Leah, that's so sad Lucy is sick already - hope she picks up quickly.

Kat - hope things are ok with you and Lucas - r u still BF?

Dannik - The whole wake them up for feeds in the night is totally up to you - personnally if they are sleeping let 'em sleep that means you sleep too and that equals a happier home to be able to cope during the day. I got 6 hours straight last night with Kyana now she's on this new formula - I've got a new baby so it's worked.

Welcome to all the other new mums look forward to sharing the baby journey with you all

Hi to Sammi, Trish, Zola, Amy and everyone else I missed.

My answers to questions (Leah):

u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnacy jeans? did u cry after ((LOL))???
    This time round I never stopped fitting into them but still haven't got into my pre-shynelle pg jeans!

I'm with you Leah cause of the blood clots - but DH is seriously thinking about hving the chop!

Absolutely not - so fortunate to have been blessed with two precious sweethearts! Plus it's way way too dangerous for me and I really wanna be here for my babies.

NO WAY - SO TOTALLY THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A BOY BUT DEFINATELY NOT DISSAPPOINTED TO HAVE ANOTHER GIRL!

Hugs to all and hope we're all coping....
    xxdd

amy Guest

HELLO GIRLS!

My first post as a new mummy!

Well things with us are going well now, Finn is now a week old today and we have been home 3 nights and i have found that he is awake alot during the day and then sleeps pretty well at night with just two feeds before morning. Last night he had 6 hours between feeds, unfortunately it wasnt quite late enough for me to have 6 hours sleep but it is all good.

Breastfeeding was a huge mision to start with but we are doing ok now with the help of nipple shields for a bit of extra for him to grab hold of and a bit of formula to top him up if he needs it. My midwife came over today to weigh him and he was 3725 gms when he was born, 3590 when we left hospital on day 4 and today he was 3750!!! more than his birth weight, i was stoked! she said i am definitely doing well with supplying him enough food and she was very pleased with the way things were going.

I have had a couple of good cries though since he has been home. Tuesday (the day after i got out of hospital) i just wanted to bawl my eyes out constantly and last night when tim got home i had to have a good cry as i was just exhausted as Finn had been awake most of the day and i just felt a bit suffocated by it all. Tim sent me to bed for an hour before dinner, he has been fantastic, i feel very lucky to have such a great DH. Finn is such a honey of a wee boy but it is sooo hard with how much they need from you. Hope i am not the only one to feel this way. Today is going really well though and thankfully he is having a wee snooze now so i finally got to post and chat with you ladies.

As for leah's questions:

Jeans - havent even gone there yet as i know they wont fit!

contraception - havent thought too much about it yet since it is just a week after but will probably get an IUD put in again after 6 weeks

More kiddies - i am sure we will but i just want to survive this one first

Sex of bubs - no we were both sooo sure we were having a girl so a wee boy was a definite surprise but i wouldnt have it any other way now, he is lovely

Well girls might go have a wee lie down while i have the chance.

nice to chat with you all again and hope you are all doing ok

amy & finn xxxx

Okay, will answer Leah's questions first......

have u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnancy jeans? did u cry after ((LOL))???
    Yes, I can fit into them!!! was rather shocked at how quick my tummy went away!!

What? we're meant to have sex again?!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

After having Lucas I said no way, but now I think I could probably have another one - but in a few years for sure!

I kind of thought perhaps we were having a girl - so many people had said they thought we were and I started believing them!! so was a little shocked when I looked at Lucas!!

Danni - Emilia is definitely a little doll! she is gorgeous!! as for feeding, the midwives at our hospital said to just wake Lucas during the day for feeds, but to let him go as long as he wanted overnight.....as it is he wakes himself!!

Simone - sorry to hear about your condition, but here's hoping you can get sorted now they know what it is :-)

dd - lovely to see you on here and posting! i've missed you! sorry to hear about your mastitis, i've heard how painful it can be.

Sarah - I had a look at your site and William is so gorgeous!!!

Amy - glad to hear Finn is doing well, and what a great weight gain!! don't worry about the crying - I was the same when we got home from hospital, and still cry alot now! I just feel rather overwhelmed with everything - as you said, they need so much from you.....

Yummymummy - sorry to hear about your PND, big hugs to you :-)

As for me and Lucas, we are doing well! he slept okay last night - although it seems his last feed before I go to bed - around 10pm/11pm - he seems to be awake and will not sleep! if it was during the day i'd give him some "awake" time, but it's too late at night for that!!! the only thing that seems to get him to sleep is if I feed him again - is that bad?? don't want to get him used to only going to sleep while bf......

Kat
    xx

Hi girls!

sorry i've been mia, have had loads of trouble with my body, had to have a curette done last Fri due to there being a 2-3cm clot in my uterus, and still bleeding so might have to go back on antibiotics. Plus i think i'm suffering from some kind of post traumatic stress from the emergency c/s i had to have so seeing gp tomorrow. Mason is also very windy all of a sudden and wouldn't be put down today so am feeling a bit stressed today and can't stop crying, just wanted to touch base with you and let you know what's going on, i haven't forgotten about you all, will hopefully be able to catch up on everyone's gossip in the next few days if i can get my head a bit more clear.

take care and talk soon, sorry for not contributing.....

dannik Guest

Hi Girls,

Amy. dont worry about the crying i too was the same when i was in hospital and home, all the visitors and trying to learn to breast feed as well as having this baby who completely needs you 24/7 was all very overwheming, scary and i felt out of control... lack of sleep can do crazy things to your mind... and its a huge life change, however i have felt very good over the last week, feel like i am getting into some kind of routine with Emilia, she is a great bub too, will take some of your advice and let her sleep tonight (she will probably change her mind and decide to play up! murphy's law)! Have appt with Clinic nurse tomorrow so i am keen to see how i have been going with her...

Dawn sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with recovery i hope you make better progress asap. no probs about not contributing you can only do so much so take care...

Hello girls Glad to see we are all here now in Baby land!

We had our visit from the health nurse yesterday and he has lost 70 grams from when we left the hospital Not sure why because he feeds really well and has plenty of wet and dirty nappies. My nipples are fine now since using the nipple sheilds and I've got stacks of milk. Hopefully he will put on some more weight this week.
    My answers to Leahs little Q's are...
    have u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnacy jeans? did u cry after ((LOL))???
    Not yet but I'm still wearing my maternity jeans and am pleased to announce they are getting looser!
    Not sure but will most likely be raincoats here too for a while. See next Q
    Well we are kind of feeling finished and DH is considering getting the snip...we'll see how we feel in a year or so.
    Was hoping for a girl and due to totally different PG symptoms thought it may have been a pink one, but now Caleb is here I couldn't care two hoots about that. Besides I've got two little neices now that I can get a girl fix from whenever I need to get one

Hi all,

Phew, well I've got two sleeping kids atm - YAY!!!! So I have five min's to get some work done - or do online...hehehe....

I'm feeling better again today with this horrid masititis so hopefully this is it and it's gone forever!

Dawn sorry to hear things not so good for you atm - just remember we're here for you if you need to vent.

Great to see you online Amy and Sammi (and everyone else too including the new girls) Really I'm a July mummy but it just doesn't feel right to change my chat room cause I don't know anyone really in there so I'm with Leah and Simone and I'm gonna stick around in here if that's cool with everyone - Cause I still consider myself an August mummy after all I got outta hospital on the 1st of August so I guess that includes me lol!

Personnal question for everyone - I haven't felt the need to DTD at all and am still bleeding quite abit (probably also due to my medication) and DH has been really understanding but every now and then he tries to prode me (so to speak) and I just don't wanna know about it (this also includes giving him a helping hand - just want nothing!) and that's really not like me I just can't be bothered and feel annoyed at him for asking but he's not even pressuring me every day nor week for that matter - has anyone else felt like this or should I speak to my Dr about it??????

Sorry for the personnal Q but feel abit embarrassed to talk about it out loud if you know what I mean...

xxdd

Hi girls

Lucas is sleeping soundly so thought i'd see how everyone and their babies are doing!

Dawn - so sorry to hear you've not recovered fully yet, you poor thing....hope you get on well at your gp.

Sammi - i'm sure Caleb will be putting weight back on in no time - Lucas lost weight twice before putting any on.

dd - don't apologise for asking personal questions! we haven't DTD either, think I want to wait until my 6 week checkup - now this may be TMI, but I decided to have a look down there with a mirror yesterday, and OMG!!! it just looks awful!!! all stretched and everything (now i'm blushing for writing that!!) I told DH about it, and said to him that he probably wouldn't want to DTD with me ever!!!!!!!! (he told me not to be silly which made me feel better)
    Anyway, i'd just take your time and do it when you feel ready....your DH must understand, after what we've all been through, it's not easy!

Kat
    xx
    Last edited by kat79; September 1st, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

Hi ladies!!

dd, do you know what I think it is? I think when a woman has a new baby, she just has so many overwhelming feelings and its a natural instinct to throw yourself completely into your baby. Sometimes the romance pays for that for a little while. And especially for you, who had such a turbulent time when you were pregnant. I wouldnt worry too much about it, but I think it would be a mistake not to nurture your relationship as well. Its easy to fall into a rut and the romance is gone.

Kat, Ive had 7 babies now - DH has never complained about things being different 'down there'. I love your ticker!!

Ladies, give yourselves time to recover... You just pushed human beings out of your nether regions!! Do it when its comfortable... It might be a week, or 10!!

have u tried to fit into ur pre`pregnancy jeans? Yes, and i do!! Back into size 10 Im pretty proud of myself, after 3 kids... But i excercised HEAPS while i was pg, walking everywhere with the boys...

what r u going to use for contraception now?? Using raincoats for the moment, considering putting an IUD in, as with my meds i cant take the pill...

Do u plan to have more babies or is that a touchy subject? Not too sure... 3's enough, for the moment at least...

Did u expect to get the sex of the baby u got?? Was hoping for a little girl, thought i was having a girl, but they werent too sure, they couldnt see too much in the ultrasounds...

HEy nat, welcome back, and CONGRATS!! Going on your due date, sneaky...

Thanks guys, I know all of what you said including you Simone - it's just hard to remind ourselves and DH is very understanding - I know it's just me - like just automatically expecting your body to go back to normal like over night when it's taken really nearly 10months to get into the condition it's in and the trauma of having a baby let alone having complications - I just needed to be reminded that I'm not alone.

Kat - as for checking out the state of affairs down there - I've been way too scared I don't think I look after Shynelle cause I could feel how different it was so there was no way I wanted to see it - but it did go back to well almost normal but it took ages - so I hope that helps you besides where your scares proudly I reckon' that's one hell of a job pushing out a little person. BTW, I just love the pic of Lucas on your ticker - just beautiful.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
    xxdd

Hi all,

Came on to see how everyone's night has been and I was the last one on and the first one in and it's after 11am Sat here Melb time....

Well I guess that means we're very busy busy now with our babies - have a great w/end all.
    xxdd

Hi girls

How is everyone's weekend going?

Nat - great to see you posting, how are you doing?? and how is bubs? that is very reasurring to hear what you said!!!!

dd - good too that everything went back to almost normal for you down there after you had Shynelle!

Thanks for the comments about the pic of Lucas in my ticker - I love it too, and got in printed in black and white yesterday and it's now in a frame :-)

I've decided to start weaning Lucas off the breast, and start formula feeding....to be perfectly honest i'm just exhausted bf, and would love for DH to be able to feed him now and again! is that totally selfish of me??? I was never really keen on bf before having Lucas, so feel good that i've done it for 4 weeks. We gave him his first bottle before and he took it really well. For those that have weaned, how long did it take you to be fully formula feeding?

Hope everyone is well, better go....screaming child alert!!!!!

Kat
    xx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast