Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

Happy Fathers Day to the August Daddies

Had a visit to MIL for lunch today and while we were out I got a slow cooker. Hanging out to try it for dinner tomorrow!
    Damn Caleb has spat it, back later...

Yaaay Sam, slow cookers are magic! I couldnt live without mine now. Its brilliant.

Hi Kat, My milk has dried up at 3 months with every one of my kids. They took to the bottle almost straight away and went from fully breastfed to fully formula fed overnight due to poor weight gain, etc with absolutely no problems. You will notice poo's will change and watch out for constipation. I'm going to try and break my 3 month barrier this time. We'll see. I love breastfeeding, but at the moment ny nipples are so bad. This morning I actually had a piece hanging off (sorry tmi).

Hi to everyone else. I'd better head off - Zain is almost due for a feed and I have to psyche myself up to give it to him.

lucysmummie Guest

rah I came online to get some peace and quiet while my auntylooks after bubs for a moment (im at mums after lucys dedication today!) and everyone keeps bothering me and danny wants to go home but I hat eour computer as we still have bial up (hurry up telstra man!) ALL I WANT IS A MOMENT TO MYSELF!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry not coping well today....

love u all heaps and heaps! (((evil eye))) <<<< for all the nasty girls who can fit into there pre preg jeans already COWS!!!!

Oh Leah, I'm sorry you've had a bad day - but you somehow still manage to bring a smile to my face with something sarcastic....

Leah, don't feel bad for feeling like you need a minute to yourself it's a very normal feeling especially with your first but trust me something happens and you kinda just get over it - I can't even pee without company anymore - for some stupid reason Shynelle likes to check out my undies or try to watch me pee and no matter how hard I try to stop her she still manages to get a peek - she thinks mummy wears a nappy now too like Kyana and she's the big girl and tells me she doesn't like my nappy and I should take it off - I tell her I don't like it either and if she lets me pee in peace she doesn't have to look at it! (sorry tmi - but it's true sometimes even DH thinks it's ok to just come in and have a chat with me - what's with that! AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH - NO PRIVACY!!)

Hope all DH's had a nice Father's Day.
    Love you all and thanks for being there!
    xxdd

Hey dd, Xander and declan both like to follow me to the toilet... And dh will come open the door to have a chat. LET ME HAVE 5MINS ALONE!! hehe, the joys of being a mummy
    We all went for a drive to Lorne yesterday... (on the Great Ocean Road). Our car went really well, we left at 11am, and got back after 7, and we used 3/4 of a tank!! (We did about 4-500kms). It was a gorgeous drive, stopped off at Bells beach (they're all crazy, it was pouring with rain, and ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!!! And there was still loads of surfers down there!! Diehards...)

That sounds like you had a really nice day Simone - I haven't been down to Lorne for years I think you've inspired me I'm gonna mention that to DH I think a drive down the coast with the kids sounds nice.

How's Anneliese going? BTW - love your ticker her cheeks are soooo cute just wanna sqeeze 'em!Oh and Simone - Piece of personnal trivia for you too - I went to Gladstone Park High and grew up in Gladstone Park - very small world!

How's everyone's day going?

Mines abit quite with Shynelle at creche today and Kyana is doing everything right atm and feeding well and then snoozing - so now I'm looking for something to do - never happy!

Has anyone else's baby started having awake time after feeds? Kyana has perhaps once or twice a day but only for about 1/2 an hour at a time and then she screams out cause she's exhausted herself. I am also finding that sometimes she won't sleep unless I put her on her tummy (which I know they don't like you to do but the nurses told me that I could as long as I watched her and I don't do it at night or if I'm going to nap) anyone else having similar dilema?

xxdd

Hey girls and beautiful bubbas!

dd - Lucas really only has one period of being awake per day, but when he does its normally for over an hour!! although, because he's been so unsettled the last few days he's been awake for hours on end - I know he is completely shattered, but just won't sleep....

Leah - I know what you mean about getting time to yourself, it can get frustrating!!

Did all the daddies have a nice Father's day? I got DH a little pressie and card from Lucas, it was very sweet!!!

Kat
    xx

Hi everyone!!

dd ~ no awake time for Zain. Its only been 6 days though, lol. I cant stop playing with him though. I dont think he likes me because I disturb him too much I always let my babies have tummy time right from when they're born. Like you said I just make sure I'm watching.

Leah~ I just had a shower with 6 kids in the bathroom so I could be sure no one would touch the baby. Privacy - whats that?????

I just have to tell you all that MY NIPPLES ARE KILLING ME!!! Nippleshields dont work, Ive used Lansinoh, aired them out and I'm still doing the foot stomp when I put him on. Its horrible! Apart from that though I am loving being mummy to a tiny one again. Its my favourite age and I really cant get enough of him. I think in 4 or 5 years I might have to go again. My mum had a heartattack when I told her that, ROFL!!!!

Hi Kat, dawn, Sammi, Zola, Yummymummy, Amy, and Anna!!!!! Hope all your babies are happy and healthy.

Oooh I just wanted to ask, Kat how long did it take for your swelling to go down after Lucas was born. My feet are just as swollen as before the birth and its driving me mad. Its been 6 days now and they are really bad. DH thinks they look like a blown up glove - he's such a dear, lol...

HEy nat... Generally i have a shower WITH the boys, and Anneliese in her bouncer in the bathroom... She wont rest unless im within a few metres of her!! And the boys wont let me shower or bath without them... Ive just started showering/bathing late at night when they're asleep...

Anneliese will be 3 months old on the 9th... i try giving her tummy time, and laying with her and playing, but she hates it. She's in line with the august babies, she can barely support her own head... And she's still in 0000's!!

DD-i just moved here, DH is the melburnian... he went to school in essendon, and went to yr 11+12 at Essendon Keilor VCE College on Buckley St. We live just off melrose drive. Im trying to get a new pic of Anneliese up, as that was taken while she was in hospital and she looks much cuter without the nasal prongs

Oh Simone, I thought I had no privacy, lol. You poor thing. I'd love to see another pic of her. You should get a web page.

I wouldnt even know where to start one!!
    And nat, i prolly get more privacy then you, iv got 3 kids, you've got 7...

Hello everyone!

Nat - it probably took about 2 weeks for my swelling to completely go - and when it did, wow, what a relief!! i'd forgotten what my feet, ankles and calves looked like!!!!!!! so hopefully it won't be too long for you now......

Wonder where everyone is, most probably busy with their bubs!

Kat
    xx

Hi August mummies!!

just popped into say hi.

Where is everyone???

OMG its so quiet in here...

Hey to everyone...

lucysmummie Guest

Talking

morning girls!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH all that stress on the weekend has caused me to get a coldsore!!!!! i cant kiss my baby and its driving me nuts!!!!!!

DD~ SNAP! lucy is so the same as ur kyana! sometimes she will stay awake for like an hour inbetween her morning feeds i just let her google and ga ga by herself im NOT a morning person and will NEVA be!!!!lucy also loves sleepin on her tummy and i let her do it alot cause sometimes she will only settle like this...she has a pretty strong neck but i never do it if im asleep only under supervision! funny bout shynell and ur nappy!!!
    o just a question....how many feeds r u doin a day? lucy has stopped her early early god forsaken hour feed (thank God!) but is only doin 5 feeds a day is that too little? im gonna get her weighed tomoro just incase but she is so spot on with her feeds EVERY 4 hours not a minute to spare its weird!!! 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and then 11pm its so cool but weird i was demand feeding her she got into the routine herself!

Natalie~ i cant beleive u said u would go again!!!!!!!!ur crazy in the coconut!!!and 6 kids in the shower??? OMI im never goin to get privacy again am i?

kat~ hope ur gettin some rest babe...

hello to everyone else...

well i went for a long hour walk yesturday round lake burley griffin... its so nice this time of year cause all the cherry blossoms come out..so pretty!!! floriade is on in 2weeks and our wedding anniversary too!!!! YAY

Lucy has started smiling heaps!!! she was awake in my arms this morning waiting for daddy to bring her bottle and as soon as he came over to say hello she had a smile from ear to ear cause she recognised her dada!!! its so cool!!!!

oh has any one invested in a hug a bubs??? if u havent u should theyr awesome!!!!

well gota go clean my pig sty of a house and go for a walk then goto the shops to get some more scrap booking stuff!!!!

Hey all!

Leah - it sounds like you and Lucy are doing really well!! I wouldn't say giving her 5 feeds a day is too little, if she is happy on that and isn't looking for more i'd keep with it! what does she weigh now? you are just so lucky that she sleeps through the night like she does - Lucas slept for 4 hours this morning and I thought that was amazing!!!!

So what does everyone do with their baby when it's awake? I try to give Lucas some "tummy" time, and read to him, but he just seems to get bored!! he's not really interested in toys, and I feel bad for leaving him in his rocker to amuse himself!!

Kat
    xx

Sorry a TMI girls, but how often does your baby do no. 2's?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast