Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #5

Hi Lisa!! I haven't seen you around for aaaages!! So glad all is well with you and miss Lexi

Hey everyone,

Long time no post....! Sorry.... No excuses!!! So much has been happening in here! So many crawlers and eaters and teethers- way to go!

Milla is doing really well too - she has just got her first tooth (on Tuesday) - bottom left. I had no idea it was coming in the end - she hadn't been grizzly or drooly for over a month, and then without any grumpiness, all of a sudden I saw a tooth! Maybe it hurts them more when they are moving around under the gums?

I've started her on solids too - she is loving banana, paw paw, avocado, pear, sweet potato and pumpkin. Not so keen on apple though. I mix it all with a bit of farex -especially at dinner (like you said Becca, fill them with carbs!). I am having to feed her once at night still - usually at 3am or so. She is sleeping better, but I think its time for me to get tough and get rid of the dummy - that might end a few grizzles in the night as she has got too dependant on it

Milla is rolling everywhere now - both directions finally, after 2 months of only rolling to her right side! She hasn't got up on her knees at all yet though, so no crawling here.

I've been to the movies twice in the last two weeks to Babes-in-Arms sessions, and that went really well. Milla is a little TV addict (If I let her, which I try not to!), so she watched most the movie (Mathew McConaughey!), and slept the last 45 minutes. Beautiful. Lots of bubs cry during it, but it doesn't bother anyone, and I think if its not your own baby crying its pretty easy to tune out. It was very exciting going the first time - I got popcorn and coke, and we were all hyped up (I went with mum's group friend).

Well, I can't possibly do personals, there are just so many people! But I am loving reading all about the gorgeous clever bubs, and I hope all you mum's are doing well. And I hope you got spoilt yesterday

Rhi x
    Last edited by Campari; February 15th, 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo

Hi everyone!

My little girl crawled today!!!! I cannot believe she is only 6.5 months old (her brother did this at nine months). I think she is just so determined to get to her brother's hot wheels cars.

Campari good to see you back. I agree, there are so many of us, and it is good to hear what everyone is up to and learn new things, and most importantly for me to not feel alone, that I am the only one experiencing things with Ella.

We have had a week of good sleeps at night, of at least 6hrs, sometime 8 hrs between feeds but then yesterday reverted back to feeding every 3 hours last night. She could be teething, she has a runny nose, red cheeks and lots of drool.

Will post again soon. Just wanted to share my good news.

Molly, comgrats on ur crawler! she'll keep u on your toes now!

Everyone's teething! It got pointed out to us today by Willa's Nonna that a tooth has poked through. Some parents we r we didn't even notice and she's been clingy past two days. No wonder.

hugs,
    sonia

Quote Originally Posted by LisaL View Post
    Oh gals, there is a UK based online store that sells organic / low allergy baby food, and ive just checked it and it does have milk free rusks, they do ship outside UK but you will have to contact them to see about $ and delivery times (normally 10 days). Its a good site to check out anyway as it has lots of useful info.

As we cant post web links, just google ulula

Lisa
    THANKS!!!!!! it is so annoying having to find all these things, and u pay so much more 4 it too!!!

I know Ali... maybe you can find out a recipe to make your own. When I get a chance, I'll have a look for some recipes for you.

Alexandra started doing the funniest thing, sideways wriggle/jump or whatever you can call it, but its sooo funny.

Q - when can / should I stop using the electric steriliser for her bottles? I remember seeing somewhere that you can stop at 6 months?

PS Hi Tanya - Ms Bonnie is soooo cute, hope all the other gals are good too

wow!!
    So much has been happening!! There's too much to do personals, maybe if I was in here more often. Jensen has been reeeaally clingy over the last 2weeks or so, but still no teeth. Possibly a growth spurt? He seems so much smaller than other babies his age (at mothers group, the only one a bit smaller was a twin, and she's a day older than him). I think last week, I weight him with clothes on and he was only just 7kg, and his 000's don't fit anymore, but the 00's don't fit either coz they're too big. Today is Jensen's 6mth birthday! OMG where did the time go? We have a health nurse appt this afternoon, where we'll get his official stats. Tomorrow is needles. Daddy wishes to experience that. Haha, is he in for a shock!
    Still, no crawling, but up on hands and knees and rocking back and forward. He does lift a knee off the ground and swing it to where it needs to be to start crawling, puts it down and picks it back up again and puts it back where he was. He is so frustrated that he knows what he's gotta do to move, but can't. Cries heaps. Most times its just head down on the floor, thumb in his mouth, making noises, while edging his knees forward!

The other day I left him with Andrew (in bed with a hangover), went to the kitchen and heard a thump. Andrew had gone back to sleep and lapsed in his parental duties and Jensen fell. By the sound of the thump, he landed body first then head. He cried and Andrew felt bad (and he was now fully awake!) They got over it.

What is it with ppl and them trying to feed my kid food? My mother's been trying for ages and I said, when he's six months. Well, you watch, now that 6mths has arrived it'll be a free-for-all. I personally don't think he's ready, as he's never hungry after a feed and happy and healthy. But I went into the kitchen and MIL was siving pear and feeding it to him. WTF? I had just had that conversation with her not 2 days ago. So when Andrew dropped him off to her this morning, I made him tell her NO FOOD. Even contemplated putting NIL FOOD sticker on his shirt. When * I * decide that he could do with some food(which could be next week, or next mth), * I * will start him on it and * I * will feed it to him. As his mother, I'd thought that was my perogative. Who knows whats going to happen on Wednesday when my mother looks after him. Sorry about that rant.

My birthday was good. I'm now the big 2-5. Went to lunch with my dad and grandma, went shopping with my sister and her son and my mother, then had dinner - just Andrew and I, at a nice Tex-Mex restaurant. When it says that the Habenero sauce is not for the faint-hearted... believe it!

Lastly, I'm in the process of organising Jensen's baptism. Andrew doesn't really want to do it, but hey, he got to choose that Jensen was circumcised, so I get to choose this. After all, he can denounce religion, can't give him his foreskin back.

Better go before the boss gets back and sees I'm not working, like he's already sprung me today... hehe.

Have a good one,
    Rhianon and Jensen

Hi Everyone

Congrats to everyone else hitting the 6 month mark!

Rhianon, Happy 25th!
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I almost want to send my daughter to daycare instead of having MIL come to my house when I go back to work on May 1. She does the same thing! Why can't they remember that we are the mother and it is our call??? And in my case, it is also my house that she is in and just because she is there it doesn't give her the right to rearrange the linen cupboard!! Sorry, I had to rant too - not looking forward to going back to work. Seeing my boss on Thursday this week to find out if I can go back part time - keep your fingers crossed for me please girls.

By the way Eleanor is only 7.3kg and still in 00 and the other two kids at mothers group 2 months younger are bigger than her - one girl is 7.5 and the boy is 9kg.

Kimnastics - try not to listen to everyone about Hayden's size, the main thing is that he is happy and healthy. Wait till he starts moving around, he will even out.

I don't think Eleanor is teething - she wants everything in her mouth but doesn't seem clingy or grizzly. I can see the lumps at the bottom but that is about all.

Nothing else much to report, other than the Thomas trains are getting slobbered over now that she is moving better and Myles is not happy Eleanor wants to share his toys.

Lisa - I forgot in my previous post to say that I think it was in BabyLove that I read you don't have to sterilize the bottles after 6 months, but in another book I read that you should sterilize until 12 months. I guess it is your call (sorry, I don't use bottles).

The thing is that I don't sterilize Eleanor's drinking cup or her spoon or the bowls I feed her out of, so I think that is the reasoning behind not sterilizing after 6 months, because the other things we are using aren't sterilized.

MOllygirl - thanks - I think I will either google it or go to the bottle fed bubs thread, yes it seems most of you gals are BF! Lucky thangs

Ah the good ol MIL issues - my one seems to think more food is best, but Ive now drummed it into her head that what I say goes as far as feeding goes, I left DD with her last week for a couple of hours and only gave her enough solids for one feed. She said 'oh I think she could have had more', and I just said 'no, thats enough'. My biggest issue with MIL is her covering the baby with thick blankets, she seems to think that even in 30 degree temps that Alexandra will get cold when she takes a nap. Grrrr. I guess that sometimes you just have to be the bad DIL and put them in their place - and make sure your partners are on the same page and they drum it into their mothers that this time we are the mothers and what we say goes, and what we say is final. How easy this could turn into an anti MIL thread

All bubs are different, Alexandra is in size O and can still wear some of her OO clothes, my BF's bub is 2wks older and she is in O and 1 already.

Alexandra is on all fours rockinng back and forth - how long til we get a proper crawl???

Hope your all having a great day...

Lisa

Hey Lisa, my mum wanted me feeding DD#1 at only a couple of weeks of age!! It was so hard I cracked 'em and gave up! She was still fed very early tho, can't remember how old but very young! Poor little thing!

Bonnie has had her first meal last night! She wasn't too fussed tho!! LOL. Still loves her mummy's milk best.

I have decided I would like to sew a mop head to her shirts!! She gets so filthy scooting around the house!!

Default PIL's and giving solids...

Oh the PIL's!!

When my DS was around 4-5 months, I told them I wasn't ready to put him on solids yet, and that I'd start around 6 months. Once when I came home from work, my DP came home with DS and he said that DS ate some a tiny little bit of food and he really liked it!

I was SOOOOO mad! They knew that I wanted to wait a little bit longer, and that I actually wanted to be there to experience it with him. My DP didn't really care but it was an important issue for me! I think they got the idea after my SIL told them off in Spanish that they had no right to feed him. She beat me to it.. which is probably a good thing hehe..

My DS is their 9th grandchild, so I know they knew what they were doing however it wasn't their place. It was just the principle With my DD I'm not so picky because she's always been keen to eat from 4 months old.. and it is MY choice to give her food WHEN I like!

time for a new thread everyone

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast