Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #5

Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me in. Wow- I just feel so overwhelmed at how much everyone writes to one another and how involved everyone is... it's very refreshing considering it's the internet ... has everyone been here since their bub has been born?? I'll try my best to visit regularly but still feel a bit new to this whole forum thing! hehe I should've joined a long time ago!

neuri: Thank you.. I'm surprised I've lasted BF this long.. I was going to introduce formula much earlier so I could have a little time by myself, but she never like the teats on the bottle! So that idea went out the window! I think I'll just have to keep going hehe which is a good thing, anyway! I'm glad Alyssa's nearly over the colic, too although she can still be a handful, she's just being a normal baby now

Sara: Yeah colic takes a lot out of you, doesn't it? How did you cope? I'm surprised I didn't go crazy as Alyssa didn't settle very much at all! She still has trouble settling to sleep but is getting better. She almost always cries when she wakes up which is annoying How are you coping withthe 2 girls? your ages are even closer together than mine!

Sehra: When did your bub get her two bottom teeth? I've been waiting for ages for Alyssa's.. she's been drooling since 3 months and still nothing! my DS had his at 4 months so I thought she'd be early too, but nope!

I have to go as both my kids just woke up at the same time grr!! hehe.

Take care and talk soon

Liz

sconesonamission & sehra - congrats on the weight loss!! i was so much slimmer after the birth - really, jokes side but now that i'm home on my bum most of the time n no more 20min daily walk [i'm too lazy to lug the stroller down 3 flights of stairs], i'm NOT surprise at the additional kilos. fingers crossed that once we move into the new place, DH can setup his little exercise machine.

arianna [easier since there is another ella in the house] will be 6 months next tuesday but will get jer vacc on monday, dunno how she will take it since she is more aware of things these days. this is something i posted in the solids thread but wanted some idea from the ladies here as well :

i started arianna on farex rice cereal the plain ones about 2 weeks ago n it went well for awhile. after abt 3 days [i was giving it to her twice a day : once in the morning n once at night], i gave her sweet potato and from what i've been hearing from other mums, bubs love this n would nose dive if they could into it but sadly not my arianna. perhaps it was my fault for making it too thick so the next time i made it more runny but still the same result. after struggling through a few days giving her a chance to get used to the taste, we moved on to pears which i got a slightly better reaction but still, she never really was happy. n finally, it was apples n still the same results. but the last few days, things have been going downhill and all she will take is 2 spoons n that's it.

she starts thrashing and screaming and just wont take anymore. so today, i went back to the basic rice cereal n i still got the same reaction. what happen to 'there's no turning back once they start solids'?? also, she just sprouted one tooth on the bottom so could it be that she is just irritated n not in the mood for solids? another thing is, she's only staying awake for like 1.5hrs n down most of the time - is that normal? sorry if part of the questions here dont really relate to solids but i just wanted to get more input. thanks!
    i think i get the clingy and grizzly part since i read taht some bubs are having that with the teething but what abt the other bit?? anyways, happy chinese new year to all n have a good weekend - i hope i'll survive it!!

ps. i've uploaded some pix of arianna, would have done it earlier but had some probs, should be ok now. btw, how do u add multiples pix? i had to do one by one...

amazing how bubs are SO different! thanks for that kim.

Misty - I know what you mean about the solids, I don't know what is going on with my Eleanor (I will revert to her full name so that you can use Ella which is only her nickname). I started plain farex at about 5 and a bit months and that was ok then I went to the pear and apple farex a couple of weeks later which she seems to really like because she opens her mouth for it.
    When she hit six months I thought I better start vegies because she was eating so much farex (two tablespoons made up with warm water and almost all went down) and I felt bad that is all she was having. So I cooked all the vegies and I thought sweet potato because DS loved it, but she just blew raspberries and it came back all over me. I struggled through a couple of days, even mixed farex into it so it actually tasted like the pear and banana farex but looked like sweet potato, still didn't take it. I tried zuccini last night and got the same reaction.

I am so disappointed because I thought she would be a good eater since she took farex which babies don't normally like, so well. So now she is having a little bit of farex for breakfast and eats quite a bit at 5pm. I will have to buy another box.

Talking to my girlfriend from mother's group (the one I had dinner with last night) she reckons just keep going with farex because she seems to like it and try again later.
    I am a bit worried because I really need Eleanor established on solids for when I go back to work (in 2 months), but I guess she just isn't ready.

Thanks to you and Kim for sharing what was happening with you, because now I feel a bit better about it all.

For anyone still BF - all of a sudden this last week I have more milk, yet Eleanor is feeding the same. Is anyone else having this?

hi all,

happy 6 months ella, i knew there was another 3rd of august.

Scone, Xavier only has about that much ebm too during the day. I too think they save up for when mum is there, but I've also read that breast fed babies don't generally behave the same as ff babies when they have a bottle.

Molly, I think Xavier is just a big tease and makes me think he is going to move Probably stubborn like his mum and will do the opposite to what we think. My milk seems to go up and down like a yo yo, however expressing for me is probably impacting on that.

Ali, I've herd that cruskits can be handy to chew on as the pretty much disolve, do they have milk in them, might be an alternative??

Liz, welcome to you and your bubba. I've been around since conception. This is a great place and I feel truley blessed that I found it when I did, the amount of support and friendliness you find here is amazing.

Sara, according to MIl DH crawled once, across the room, stood up and promptly started walking, all at 9 months. Both of Nathans brother and sister walked at 9 months also. So you could be right.

RE solids, at the moment the stance I am taking is that I offer the meal regularly but don't fuss if he doesn't want it. FYI he hates zuchini, but fav vegie so far seems to be pumpkin 'cause it's sweet, and he is a big fan of fruit. I have been making my own food, but I keep an eye on what's available at the supermarket just in case, and in the fridge section near the yogurt there are these fresh pureed vegies, that are very similar price to the jars.

we haven't had our 6 month needles yet, because I'm working now, and there is only 1 night session each month here, so not this week but the next he wil get his needles. I am however taking an afternoon off next friday to see mchn so will have some stats. But he is roughly 8kg's and 68cm tall.

of, well we gotta go out,

Catch you all later

Quote Originally Posted by kungfubecca View Post
    Ali, I've herd that cruskits can be handy to chew on as the pretty much disolve, do they have milk in them, might be an alternative??
    Yes they do! even most potato crisps have milk! it is so annoying! i am going to google allergy free baby food and see if there is some1 that sells the stuff we want or if i have to make it myself. it is so annoying! i dont really have time to make absolutley everything for em, coz i do have sarah to think of too. I think it would have been better if Sarah was the 1 with issues iykwim. when u have 2 u have half as much time and more to do! any1 wonder y we use sposies

has my sis's baby shower today. was good. they had a bbq with both males and females invited. Sarah got up to mischeif and put chocolate on their walls so i had to clean that, and due to poor fatherly supervision, she stacked it a few times and has scratches all over her now :{ not impressed!

Em threw up on almost everyone that got a cuddle, how unusual (sense the sarcasm) but overall she was happy.

Well em has her needles on monday, and starts swimming lessons next saturday, which is exciting. we will both have to be in the pool now coz Sarah is not old enough to be in on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollygirl View Post
    Misty - I know what you mean about the solids, I don't know what is going on with my Eleanor (I will revert to her full name so that you can use Ella which is only her nickname).
    dont worry abt it mollygirl. i'm fine with using arianna myself since ella is also what we use for short but now i'm calling her by her first name. dont want the bub to have an ID crisis at such a young age!! lol well, i think i might actually give it a rest....will try again next week.

Hi Ladies
    Sorry for venting earlier about the solids. I know it is not the end of the world. I will take Rebecca's approach - thanks for that.

Ali - yes it doesn't make sense does it? Once again we start thinking what did we do with all that time....like we did when we had our first baby, where did all our time go before that...maybe having a bath and having time to actually do our hair and put something decent on.
    The baby shower sounded like fun. Is this their first baby?

Eleanor is moving across the floor now to get to Myles, almost a commando crawl. She does this funny thing where she gets up on all fours and then lifts an arm in the air like she doesn't know what to do with it. I am not giving her any vegies this week, will try again next week. She isn't sitting yet though.

Myles is playing with his toys as I type this - in the nude. Refuses to put his clothes on after having an accident at the toilet and spraying urine all over my newly washed floors!!

Liz, I only joined a couple of months ago, but it certainly keeps me sane whilst at home. Can pop on and read about the other babies and just feeling better knowing there are others out there going through the same stuff.

Hi gals,

Ive just been reading about all your bubs and they sound just adorable Some of you know me from around the threads, my DD born 25 Aug. She has started solids and so far we have conquered Farex, potatoe, pumpkin and carrots. Tomorrow we are trying brocolli and then onto some banana and apples, so far she is a good eater, and seems to love potato and carrots best so far.

Rhianon - you had a q about increasing breast milk supply - have you tried Fenugreek capsules? I used them while I was expressing to keep my supply up as Alexandra wasnt feeding at all, and I had a great supply, you can get them from most health food shops, and some pharmacies have them. A few of my friends have tried them and they seemed to work for them too.

Hope all your bubba's are well,
    Lisa

Hi Ladies,

Mistyeiz & Mollygirl, my little bub is Ela too. Not quite Ella as in the english way of spelling it though.

So many bubs on the move. Mistyeiz - Ela is doing the commando crawl too and she gets about the lounge room and has once gone upto the tv unit and began touching the drawers. It'll be very soon when they all open and get things out and start making a real mess of the house.

Ali, must be real hard having a lactose intolerant bub. I am lactose intolerant too, which developed after giving birth to Devrim. It is the worst. Can't even eat icecream, sometimes i give in and have some icecream and i end up in cramps and pain. Sometimes the littlest square of chocolate can send me into pain. Goodluck. Cooking food for each individual in the house must be hard, i can imagine.

FF bubs mums- have you considered changing the teat to 6months plus now, since our bubs are or approaching 6 months? I meet need to change Ela's as she gets frustrated during some feeds. How about dummies too? Do we change them too?

Mollygirl - boys will be boys, they splash everywhere. Devrim is 5 and he still splashes and it drives me crazy.

Bec & Sara- mum tells me that i never crawled and just began walking at nine months. So you can expect bubs to walk without crawling too! I think Ela will be an early walker too, she loves being on her feet all the time.

Liz185 (as we have another Liz too!)- Ela got her bottom teeth before Xmas, so at about 4-4.5 months. She had been drooling like Alyssa since 3 months. Just the other day, i noticed a top tooth had made its way out, so now Ela has 3 teeth. She is drooling really badly these last couple of days. Only last night, in 1 hour of putting on a new bib, it was completely soaked!

I have an immense teething problem (i think) at the moment. Ela is not sleeping well at night or during the day. She has a little bit of a runny nose (thanks to Devrim, who had it first) as well. I have started her on Panadol and Fess. She isn't eating well either. She locks her mouth and you can't get a damn thing in their. She gets frustrated with the milk too (better look at changing the teat first). She is grizzly and clingy, it is driving us all insane. We were so used to the placid Ela, but that's now history. She wakes 2-3 times a night, where i feed her for the 2 awakenings and getting her back to sleep is impossible. I sit their rocking her for like an hour. HELPPPP! Does teething affect sleep? Please tell me she will get back to her old routine soon. She is happy and playing when she wants to though.
    How are your bubs handling teething?

Take care all..

Gees, I need to post more often so I don?t inflict essays on you all every time I post.

Sara- Yep, Willa ain?t exactly puny. I heard a crick in my back the other day when I picked her up hehe. Re. the ringworm. I have doubts now that it is even that. So frustrating. It seems to be responding to a plain diet and some sorbolene which sounds like eczema to me. Anyway will get 2nd opinion when she goes in for her 6 month shots. Also, I found I was never any good at expressing even when I had no supply issues too. I thought it was my technique. I?m getting that paw paw ointment as I keep hearing good things about it. Its fantastic that you?re already hearing from potential clients. Just goes to show you that there?s a market for doula services out there.

Kim ? Hayden is just too adorable!! I love baby thighs, just wanna snurgle them all the time He?s got some good ?guns? developing there too hehe. I like the pic of him sleeping in the car with his hands holding the rings. I see, about the teething grizzles. I repeat, it sounds scary and am not looking forward to it lol. Re. change table time. A distracting toy works wonders. Willa doesn?t twist so much as grab at her bits which is a worry when she?s done a poo. I distract her with a rattle.

Sehra ? Way to go Devrim. Sounds like a very bright little man you have there. Did u do anything special with regards to reading or his numbers? Ela is yet another commando crawler. V. cool. And congrats on being milk free! Re. teats. I used a push pin to add more holes to Willa?s Pigeon teats because well they were exxy and hard to get so I wasn?t going to buy her new ones if it cld be avoided. Seemed to work well. Instead of one big flow, she has numerous small ones. Your teething experience sounds intense. We got no teeth here so I can?t report on anything.

Liz ? So glad you like BB as much as we do. I really do think its such a fantastic and supportive place. And really useful in a pinch too. I tend to read more than I post. I do get around, albeit quietly

Ali ? I do hope your quest for lactose free baby food recipes/items is fruitful. They must exist as Em wouldn?t be the first or last little one who is lactose intolerant surely. Lol about Em spewing on everyone. Gotta love babies!

Misty ? Arianna is just gorgeous. What colour are her eyes now? I love the ?Coy? photo, she really does look it! I have no idea how Willa will take her upcoming needles too. It's different now isn?t it that they know what?s going on? Shld be interesting. Re. solids, don?t think u need to worry to much about her going off her solids for a bit. I hear it happens. She?s still young and has plenty of time to get back into the swing of it. In the meantime milk is what she needs mostly. Early solids is just for practice anyways. I reckon Kim is right in that the teething is affecting sleeping as well. Grizzly babies deal with the grizzle differently. Sleeping may be Arianna?s way of getting through it. Clever girl, really!

Molly ? You?re on the right track re. solids. I?m sure she just really enjoys sticking to her farex for the moment. Willa also loves her farex and will have it easily if there?s nothing else to feed her. LOL about Myles and yeah I keep hearing how younger kids learn heaps faster because they?ve got older sibs to observe. Makes sense. Commando style crawling at your place too huh?

Becca
    ? I reckon Jensen might be one of those ?straight to walking? kids too. You do hear about them. And yeah, zuchinni doesn?t seem to be a popular food at all in my house either. Also, I subscribe to your solids feeding method lol. We have lots of leftover baby food due all the time from failed feeds. DH eats it usually

Lisa ? Hi there, nice to meet you and Alexandra and good to hear she?s taken to solids well. As you can see from us it can be a eventful time!

So Willa still has her face thing. If it?s ringworm, its super duper antifungal cream resistant ringworm on steroids. I took her back down to farex only and am using sorbolene on her face and for some reason its working. For now! So no idea what?s going on. Will ask her doctor when I see her next week for Willa?s shots. She?s started getting up on all 4s and rocking back and forth, but no coordination yet so crawling is a little ways off. And thank goodness I think. I?m starting to look at everyday items around the house as potential dangers. Plus, the day she starts to move is the day my poor cats will probably live on top of the fridge (one already does). She loves them.

I?m still working 7 days a fortnight and enjoying it so far. Via the internet, I do all my netbanking, paying of bills, food shopping and other chores at work so when I go home, I don?t even have to think of the computer.

Really enjoying everything about being a mum right now. It?s the best job in the world, isn?t it!

take care,
    Sonia

Hi girls!

We are on the move. Commando type crawling but crawling all the same. Colby started crawling last thursday then its just gotten quicker and quicker! She can get around no worries now.

Colby has been crying heaps lately. Its been driving me crazy cause Briley is crying at the same too time most of the time! Anyone else having this issue??

We are still on farex here. Tried to change her onto solids once she hit the 6 month mark but she did'nt want a bar of it. So we are still farex with a bit of solid mixed through it for taste.

Lisa - Thanks for the tip RE: fenugreek! I need some of that myself!

Well i cut myself yesterday and needed 4 stiches in my knee. Ouchie! Meant to be keeping the knee straight and upright but its kinda hard with 2 sooky little girls under 2! Also got the flu which i am not happy about!

Sorry for no personals! Will get around to it soon!

Take Care!

Ouch sara, how did u cut urself?

Right, with Colby, that now makes 3 or 4 bubs commando crawling if I am not mistaken. Soon we'll have a whole commando unit on our hands!

I am online at home which is a rare event. After failing in my attempt to take a bath myself, I had to send a venty email to my building's strata company regarding the lack of hot water. It was as snide as an email can be snide. We got warm water, but no hot water. The difference is frankly astounding when you have a baby smeared with food and drool on her top half and poop on the bottom half. Not impressed at all. Its cold in SYdney at the moment but its not even winter yet. Yes, not impressed at all.

I like, neeeed my hot water

rant over! :P

sonia

I was taking some left over salad out to the chooks in a glass salad bowl. As i walked through the gate the bowl smashed up against the gate and a piece of it stabbed me in the leg and sliced as it fell.

It did'nt hurt at all. It felt like a scratch and when i looked down i saw a massive gash. I could'nt believe it. I could see the fat in my leg and everything.

I was saying to myself, "Its ok, its ok!" Then i walked back into the house and called my help!

Hi all,

Ali, what about the health food shops, can you get milk free cruskit style things from them??

Sehra, the so-good icecream is actually quite nice if you haven't tried it. I have uped xavier to 6 month nipples on his ebm bottles.

Sehra, we are having very sleepless nights also, yet we don't have clasic teething symptoms. I think with xavier it is food related as there is no way no how he is going back to sleep without feeding. he screams the house down.
    So tonight I increased his tea and packed it full of carbs.

sara, ooo on your little comando. Xavier is really trying to comando crawl yet ends up spinning in circles. He has almost started going backwards though so it won't be much longer. Still no rolling, i think we are skipping that step. When Xavier was born our niece was 18-19 months old and would cry when xavier would cry. She got over it pretty quickly.

sorry if I've missed anyone I'm exhausted!!!!

gosh, sara - that gash sounds nasty! glad you got it fixed - get well soon.

thanks for all the ideas n feeback - sorry not personals today though. just a quick one....arianna got her shots day before yesterday n i think she took it well. didnt cry much for the first shot but screamed when she got the second one - must have known what was coming. was grizzly the whole day n took short naps but managed the long ones at night so mummy aint complaining. did give her some baby panadol to help ease the pain both for the jabs n teething.

i'm having a LOT of problem since the little miss started sprouting her teeth. i see a second one slowly surfacing on the bottom gum n bf has been PAINFUL. it's beginning to put me off bf her but i dont want to. i want to go on as long as possible but man, it hurts! n she really chomps down...so at the moment, i wait till she gets a little hungry before feeding her hence she wont have time to 'play'. how do u do it, ladies?? i feel bad for 'starving' her this way but no choice, i'm actually quite scared of bf her now.

Ouch Sara! Glad it wasnt more serious.

Whoo some babies are crawling! Alexandra wriggles her way aroud the whole loung room and does commando style crawling every now and then, so its a little way off, but she is moving heaps and rolls around like a maniac! Well she hates banana! I thought shed love it , but nope she hates it almost as much as she hates brocolli! Im going to try apple on the weekend and then back to vegies.

Seems like most of these little august bubs are getting restless. Alex was up at 5am having a good old play, and she never wakes up, she has been sleeping right through since 7weeks. I think it was food related for her too, as she didnt each much of her solids yesterday. Mmmmmm.

Hope your all having a great Valentines Day!

Lisa

Oh gals, there is a UK based online store that sells organic / low allergy baby food, and ive just checked it and it does have milk free rusks, they do ship outside UK but you will have to contact them to see about $ and delivery times (normally 10 days). Its a good site to check out anyway as it has lots of useful info.

As we cant post web links, just google ulula

Lisa
    Last edited by MistyFying; February 14th, 2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: edited to conform to links policy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast