Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #5

one of the girls at our playgroup had one of those mesh dummies for her son. she said they are useless for putting food in coz they are so hard to wash. great for ice though.

i sprained my ankle yesterday. it is so hard to hold bubs and limp! DH has to do most of the work so that i can rest it. he is not impressed! i have weak ankles anyway and this is the 1st time this has happened since having kids, it used to happen all the time.

Serah, sounds good about the supressing! i am over 2/3rds of the way to my goal weight! only 5 kg to go!

omg....cant believe how some of the bubs are starting to get up on hands n knees and here is my little lazy bum happily lying on her back most of the time! lol =P i'm so envious but at times, it's better for me coz then i dont have to wrestle with her to get her nappy on.

i've been reading more than posting lately *cheeky me* anyhoo...have started ella on farex [the rice cereal] and she took to it ok - leaning forward for more, faster than i can give it to her n i bet in her head she's thinking, faster mum, faster! after abt 3 days, i'm now giving her sweet potato n she does not like that much at all! screws up her face n has that look of disgust plastered on most of the time n i can see that she is literally gulping down the food. lol i just hope she's getting used to it. i might try apples next - do you blend them? might have to check out the solids thread abt this.

attended my first ever parent meet today and ella was the 'oldest' baby there. most of the other bubs were between 3 wks to 3mths. met a couple of mums n dads who lived nearby so hopefully, some sort of friendship will happen so that i'll have a network of friends outside BB. i know how some mums have n may go stir crazy if they dont go out or mix with other adults but i happen to like being at home in the comfort of my house where i have everything within reach [and i can prance around naked in this stinking hot heat!! cant wait for the cool weather tomorrow even if it storms!] plus i have the internet to amuse me. and on top of that, ella gets my full attention - blogging takes time u know?? so, anyway, this parenting class goes on for the next 4 weeks and coincidentally, that's almost close to our moving out date.

we finally managed to purchase a new unit!!! YAY.... we've been looking high and low for a suitable unit that we both like n finally found one in merrylands - any mums around there? give me a hollar n maybe once i've settle in at the end of march - we can meet up. since we've got a couple of weeks to go, i'm slowly packing up our stuff coz there's a 6 weeks notice to give to the current tenant which is good coz then i dont have to rush n he woud have time to find a new place. i really hope he doesnt thrash the place coz he's been there like for ages n to move out now - u dont know what ppl can be like these days, iykwim.

o, speaking of which....since it was such a stinker yesterday, decided to get the baby pool [DH got it from his work place - they didnt want it anymore so we took it up] ready so DH could be in there with ella. thinking that since she loves to splash in the bath, she'd take to it like a pro - i handed her to DH n the minute her feet touched the water, she screamed murder!!! i think the cold water caught her off guard so i took her from him to calm her down n then slowly dabbled her feet in the water but the minute DH had her in his lap with her feet in the water, she went off again. poor thing!! but when it came to bath time, she was fine....in fact, we bathe her in the shower n with all that water dripping down her face, she was fine....how bizarre. will have to try again some other day n hopefully she will be more prepared....

well, weekends jsut around the corner - have a good one ladies!!

Hi all

Rebecca, Ella is 6 months old on Sunday too! Sorry, she is up on all fours rocking since yesterday. I wish she wasn't!!! Myles is going to get v. upset when she starts touching his hot wheels and thomas and gone are the days I can not worry about what she is into at all times - at the moment she stays within a safe area. It will just happen for Xavier when he is ready.

Alison, sorry to hear about the sprained ankle, hope it gets better soon, I can't imagine how hard it is looking after two toddlers on crutches or from the couch!

I know the mesh dummy is messy but it keeps Ella occupied when I want to get something done. I put banana or nectarine in it and she sucks it all out and chews on the handle, her two bottom teeth are just under the gums from what I can see.

Sara, the rash is probably from the infection, Myles used to get rashes and every time I took him to the doctor they said it was from the viral infection. It should clear up quite quickly and I hope Colby settles down soon, but in the meantime enjoy the cuddles!

Sehra, you seem so motivated, 3x at the gym well done! Is the TF difficult?

Mistyeiz - congratulations on the unit - how exciting. Merrylands is a very central location. I am at Seven Hills, so not far way. My best friend lives in a unit in Windsor Road, Merrylands.
    i am very impressed at Ella's feeding. I can't say my Ella is that excited by banana and pear rice cereal (farex) but since she is 6mths old this Sunday I am about to start vegies. I just need my mum and bubi trays back from my sister so I can store them in the freezer.

I am officially bored at home now the tennis over. The days seem endless washing and feeding and I'm getting really tired from the night time feeding. I hope it is just a phase. I went back to work when Myles was 6 mths old which would be the coming Monday with Ella and I just can't imagine leaving her yet. I am due back at work 1 May so I have started training Ella on a cup but not much luck yet, if anyone has any tips......

Tomorrow is Friday....I look forward to the weekend when DH is home and I go for my 6km walk around Parramatta Park with my best friend, seems to lift my spirits.

Hope those in NSW didn't have any problems with the storm tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone!

WHoo! so much has been happening, so many posts! I tried to post from work today but this site was blocked! Maybe boss has caught on.... hehe

I've just read but dont have long 4 personals, sorry. I do love reading about everyone's progress though. Yep!

In summary:

Been hectic week. Hubby is a Super Hero because he walked through the door when his mum dropped him home after getting his wisdoms out and didn't look like anything had happened to him. No swelling, no bruising, nothing. Weirdo. He had a sleep and then ate heaps. Refused painkillers after the 2nd day. Sheesh. I felt bad that he was helping out with the baby when he was supposed to be an invalid but oh well, his fault for being so stoic!

Willa is 8kg now.

Her face is nearly back to normal. Just lightly scabby. Still using the cream and us parents haven't got it, which is good.

ILs got us one of those mesh things too from Japan. Yet to try it.

Had our second swim in the pool in full wet suit and hat and sunscreen. She took to it ok. No head dunking here either. I'm a wuss.

No teeth and no getting on all-fours and rocking so far.

We got rolling both ways and now we put her down on the ground always in a sitting position. Also doing that twisting thing. Bathing also in sitting position in tub. SHe knows, "UP!" and will tense her body and stiffen her neck to get ready to be pulled to a sitting position. Does it on command even when we're on the other side of the room. V. funny. Her dad practices it with her all the time. Like the other bubs, she's moving all over the cot and her limbs ALWAYS get stucK. Last night I had to sorbolene up her chunky thigh to free it from between the cot slats lol.

I got some alaphabet flash cards and felt a bit stupid doing A to D with her. She was rather interested in 'S' however and ate it until it was soggy, so I'm going to laminate the lot. She LOVES reading time with me, but i think its more the tone of my voice. We sing every 30 mins at my house, U can't shut me up!

Foodwise, she is eating anything we put in front of her which is a worry. Have tried and loved sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, broccoli, apple, pear and of course her farex. And still has a 180 to 240 bottle afterwards. I will cut her off.

She worked through some toast this morning. We can't eat in front of her without her wanting some of it. DH makes the mistake of giving her a taste of something safe from his plate on his finger but then she wants an actual feed and she can't have any more and cries. We did finger food pumpkin chunks for the first time 2 days ago. SHe worked through 3 well boiled chunks, shoving heaps into her gob and humming. ALways hums when she eats, dunno why. Got heaps of pumpkin in her nappy too.

Which leads me to the thing that happened after the pumpkin chunk incident - She was messy when I picked her up to bathe her, so I flicked off my top to carry her. After I put her in the bath i noticed that breastmilk had leaked all over the two of us!!! i was gobsmakced. So basically after 10 weeks of no breatfeeding whatsoever after my low supply and back to work issues, i suddenly get some milk?! How does that work? Of course I tried putting her on but she seems to have no idea what she's doing there and doesn't latch, just plays with my bb. I pulled out the pump from cupboard and got out 10mls. Must have been from the skin on skin contact we had. Human body is just amazing.

I got the sniffles tonight. Blah. Bene blowing my nose and feeling generally yucky. Gonna go crash.

Misty - Merrylands is like 5 train stops away from Ashfield (my train station). That's easy peasy!

take care,
    son

ps- is anyone else losing hair when they shower? If I was gross enough to gather all the hair that I lose every week, I could make a Chewbacca costume...
    Last edited by neuri; February 1st, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Hi all,

The little mesh thing I have has a removable mesh bag so don't know if that makes it easier to clean, but you can get replacement ones too.

Ali, sorry to hear about the ankel. It must be really hard to look after kids.

Mysti I hear you on the Lazy bum. I've got one too, but I am starting to get worried about the day he starts trying to escape while I'm changing him, because I know he will. Xavier didn't like sweet potato either until I thined it out with some ebm. Oh and Xavier loved Banana mixed with cereal.

Molly, can you try a cup system where you can start with a nipple and once they get the whole tipping into the mouth bit right, you can switch to a sippy cup style. I know the avent stuff is interchangable and you can put a nipple in the sippy cup.

Sonia, If you did decide you wanted to re-lactate it is possible, and the aba can help you. It is amazing though. My literature talks about breast feeding adopted bubs, wow huh.

Well best go, time to settle in for the night.

Hi girls!

About to head into Meet the Doula session! MIL is taking care of the girls while Brent is at work.

Some much to catch up on!

BBL for personals!

Have a great day ladies!

Hi all,

Kim, he is pretty strong, and I think he's co-ordinated, he's got to have something going for him, he still doesn't roll. How cute at your little flasher. Xavier scratches his nappy while I feed him, looks like he's scratching his balls.

Well we have reached 6 months yesterday and I believe colby and one other bub did too, i'm sorry I can't remember which one.

As I said above, we don't roll here, however put him on his tummy and he really wants to move forward and if he dug his toes in he probably would. he can spin in circles on the floor.
    Looks like he's got some teeth on the way and the only indication as to where tey might be is the two bumps in his top gums right where hiss eye teeth should be so I think we might have a little vamp on our hands, it's looking more and more likley. He likes his food but is becoming a big sook (possibly also related to teeth) but he gets a reall whiney tone and starts babbling at me like he is telling me off.

well best be off.

night all take care

Evening ladies!

HAPPY 6 MONTHS XAVIER, ELLA AND COLBY!!!!

Our babies are growing up so quick!!

My "observation" birth went well yesterday morning. Mum had a beautiful little GIRL. Only a little one she was but beautiful all the same. Labour and birth went well. It was a very emotional experience for all involved, including me!

Colby is well. Ver rashy at the moment though. Not sure if its the viral infection coming of her body still or the heat.

Sorry for the lack of personals! So very tired lately. Briley has been playing up at nights.

Hope you are all well....

Night!

Hi!! Woo hoo to those who've reached the 6 mth mark!!

Sehra - Well done on the weight loss!! So far, I've lost 5kg. Can't remember when I started, but at the beginning of the year I told my mil that I wanted to lose 5kg before my bday and I did it!! I'm hoping to lose another 14 before mothers day.

Sara - Jensen has started reaching too far forward from sitting too. I suspect the crawling will start from there as he has the whole "I don't like being on my tummy" thing again. The ticker photo was taken NYE eve, while visiting a friend with a brand new baby (he was 6days old). Ah I miss it and I don't all at the same time!! Oh, what an experience for you. When is your next observation or birth?

Ali - How is your ankle going? Well done on the weight loss!! I'm so jealous!

Misty - Congrats on buying your unit! I understand about how you feel about leaving your dd for work.I wanted to go back p/t at 6mths. I originally went back 1 day a week at 3.5mths to help them out and it quickly became a 2day a week thing and there's now no way for me to get out of it. I'm so disappointed about it, as I don't want to be at work at all and want to watch my bub being a bub coz when I get home from my 7hrs at work it feels like he's more grown up than when I left him.

Kim - It was great to finally meet Hayden. Looks like he's going to be a very cheeky lil man! Once they're both crawling round (or maybe not too tired - i think 430pm might have been a bit much!!), they'll be more into talking to each other! Hope things are getting better with Hayden's teething, I think Jensen's are frustrating him again. How cute (and possibly v. messy) with the nappy. Jensen prefers to be naked and sometimes plays with his bits! lol got a bit on film... Wonder how thats going to go when he's older?!

Sonia - Wow at your DH's miraculous recovery! My hubby was eating mashed food for a week. One day, both he and Jensen were on the couch and he had a bowl and a spoon and Jensen watched the first few mouthfuls, thinking "ok, my turn next", but it never got there and he gave up watching lol. Wow ! Relactating. IF it keeps happening are you going to keep what you express and give her some, or mix it with food for her? I, too, lose heaps of hair in the shower and my hair brush is full or molted hair.

I noticed a lot of babies are eating heaps of food!! Well done! I'm too afraid to feed Jensen before 6mths and am copping heaps of flak about it. Especially from my mother. Jensen's had I think about 7 feeds of farex and thats it. Still only drinks between 120 and 150ml of ebm per feed when I'm at work. Must save himself up coz he feeds when I get home for ages!! He does get bits of what we're eating... easy things like biscuit/ cake or dh gave him jelly, but for now its a bit of farex and a rusk.

I had been to the dr the other day about the rash (which was bad) and discussed how I thought my milk was dying off. She said that she couldn't prescribe me any medication til I'd tried other options to increase it. Have you tried breastfeeding and electric pumping at the same time? Pfff. He just kicks it. Thinks its fun to watch coz it makes noise. Stupid dr shussed me out of her office too. Said she couldn't see him about his cough today. We were given a script for antibiotics for his rash. Turns out he had lil pimple/boil things like i get too. I didn't want to give him the antibiotics but considering they were on his head (in my logic, near his brain) I caved and it worked. He looks much better now.

My sister had a baby party thing (you buy baby stuff from home) and the consultant asked if we knew what baby brain was... Well I must still have mine coz i asked if it was a new product on the market!!

Oh, I slipped down the stairs on Sunday. Bounced on 3 steps and bruised a butt cheek. Apparently, the bruise looks like liver (or the colour of). Hurts to sit on that side! Dh came over and said "shouldn't hurt, you've got cushioning". wasn't funny when he said it, but I can laugh now.

I had other things to write, but I'm too tired and I can't remember!

ttys
    Rhianon
    Last edited by sconeonamission; February 5th, 2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Update to congratulate Sara

My ankle is fine now, thanks for asking

well i am proud of myself, another 500g lost this week! i hope i can make it to my goal weight by march 13th

Em is still not sitting up unsupported, still no teeth, still messing around with feeds, still refluxy, and still lactose intolerant hopefully she will settle down soon!

I have been very busy tonight with the footy club committee meeting. the president resigned so we has 2.5 hour meeting fixing things and reorganising things. the minutes were 5 pages! normally they are 2!

Hi Everyone
    Can you believe our babies are six months this month?? I took Ella for her injections yesterday and she only cried for one of them, giving the panadol 1.5 hrs earlier really seemed to help her. She pulled herself along the floor yesterday and this morning she said a tentative 'mama'. So much happens around the 6-7 month mark. Just waiting for her to get some more strength in her back and she will be sitting up by herself.

Hey Rhiannon, don't worry too much about the food - go at your own pace. Sounds like he is getting finger food, which is a good thing. I'm not game to give finger food yet. Last night I made up pureed sweet potato, pumpkin and zucchini ready for the proper solids this week and I am going to give Ella farex for breakfast.

Sehra and Rhiannon - well done on the weight loss you guys are going great! 5kg is heaps to lose, keep up the good work.
    Ali, I don't know how much you have lost to date, congratulations on losing more this week!

Rebecca, Xavier sounds like he is going to be moving around real soon. That will be exciting!

Sara, what an amazing experience being there for a birth. I really think Doula's are a great idea. What's next with your training or are you ready to go?
    What is happening with Briley?

Not much else to report. My girlfriend from 2005 mother's group is coming down from QLD and we are going out for dinner on Friday night - yay!!! Just me and her, we are leaving the bubs behind (we both have two kids born within a week of each other).

Bye for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollygirl View Post

Ali, I don't know how much you have lost to date, congratulations on losing more this week!
    I have lost 10.6 kg! but i am not bfing so i can go hard on it. I have recntly started cycling and my bones r sore from the saddle. i have to get 1 of those gel covers for it. i also need a new front reflector and some lights. Skipping is also excellent for burning calories

Em still has very little trunk strength and leans right forward when we try to get her to sit unsupported. I am so sick of reflux too! grr being thrown up on all the time does very little for yourself image. I need to find some dairy free rusks or at least a recipe for them.

Hey everyone! I've only been posting on BB for about a week and haven't introduced myself here yet! My gorgeous DD Alyssa was born on 27th August. It's so great to hear all of your stories, and congrats on all the mumma's who have lost weight!!

I had Ella weighed yesterday, her stats are: bare weight 7.3kg, length 66cm and hc 43cm. She is now on the 50th percentile line on the charts which is great considering she was on the bottom line when she was born at 37w 5d (w 2.640kg L 48cm and hc 35cm).

Ali - 10kg, that is fantastic! You must be feeling great. Sometimes I wish I wasn't bf because everytime I lose a bit it comes back on when I start eating more because I get hungry from exercising and if I don't eat I get really tired.

Rhianon - how is your milk supply going? Is it setting down? I can't express whilst feeding either so know what you mean. Can you offer more feeds to bring your milk up a bit? Sometimes I do that and it seems to make a difference. It certainly doesn't feel like there is much milk there now for me but Ella seems fine. With the antibiotics, it is a big deal for me for my babies to have it too, so be kind to yourself - sometimes it is what they need.

Liz - welcome! Do you want to give us a bit more info about yourself - are you bf or ff, Alyssa's stats?

Thank you for the welcome! I've been breastfeeding since birth and I'll probably keep it up until Alyssa wants to go to the sippy cup I think! With my DS I went back to work when he was 2 months so introduced formula then with him. I can't believe she's already 5 months old- time really flies when you have 2 kids!

Alyssa had her last check up on 16th Jan and she was 6.7kg then, 64.2 cm in length and head circ. was 43.2cm.

Alyssa has had colic for almost this whole 5 months but is settling SO much better now... I'm so relieved!!

A very happy 6 months and squishy hugs to Xavier, Colby and Ella. Now officially half a year old. Way to go Mummies!

Ok, I come with personals! This is Tolstoy long…

Becca – Bfeeding adopted bubs sounds totally amazing. I saw this story on tv abt a south African woman who had her baby accidentally switched at birth with another woman’s bub. By some coincidence the two kids/parents met when the boys were like 2 yrs old or something and the woman claimed that her maternal instinct towards this stranger’s child was so strong that she started lactating when she went home that day. She did some digging at the hospital and discovered the switch. Amazing story. Re. relactation. Believe me I think about it often. I really don’t know…what with working I’d be very upset if I screwed it up yet again. We have a good thing going here, albeit with formula. Maybe I can be content with bfeeding her for those 14 weeks… Lol about Xavier looking like he’s scratching his balls. He’s starting early!

Kim- Good to know someone else is losing hair too. I mean u read abt it happening after pregnancy but when it does happen its just so weird. With Hayden cutting teeth now, do you really notice that the teething is why he’s more grizzly than usual? I’m on the lookout for signs but how do you tell normal crankiness from possible teething? And how clever of Hayden to dak himself! It must be a father – son thing hehe.

Sara -Wow at the birth! It takes a lot out of you I reckon to be a birth attendant, both physically and mentally, but what a rewarding and wonderful profession. I joked with DH that he was so good at Willa’s birth that he could work as a doula. Should have seen the look he gave me hahaha. GTK Colby is nearly over her virus. I reckon you’re right about the rash being the virus + fever on its way out.

Misty - Congrats on being a home owner! Now you get to have fun decorating. I love that bit  Re. going back to work, it is hard but it’s do-able. I’m working 3 days one week, 4 days the next week and I can bring Willa into work anytime I need to provided I don’t have super important meeting on. I don’t tend to bring her though unless its totally dead at work as I find I can’t do either role effectively during busy times. But yeah, it can be done. I find being super organized helps heaps. Like Scone said, you feel like your baby has done some growing up in the 7 hours + that you were at work, but you can make up for it. Plan well, come home and give her bath, cuddles, storytime and then put to bed. I’ve had some special me and Willa moments since I started working when I come home.

Scone - You’re doing what you think is best for your baby by delaying solids until 6mnths. No one knows Jensen better than you. I have coped flak for the exact opposite as I tried some Farex on Willa when she was 18 weeks old, but technically 4 o only calender months. We have no allergies or major intolerences in both sides of the family and she was showing what I assumed to be classic signs, so we gave it a go and I had to hold back a little because she was over enthusiastic, if anything. Ouch about the bruised butt, but lol to your man at trying to lighten the moment.

Ali- Good to hear the ankle is better and congrats on the massive weight loss! That really is great! Willa ain’t got no teeth either. No sign if teeth-to-come as well. We’re wondering if its gonna be scary when they do show. I hope Em does settle for you soon. I had no idea babies could be so lactose intolerant that you need dairy free rusls even. Takes a tough mummy to see through what you have. She’s come a long way, though. Don’t forget that.

Molly - Ella is clever to pull herself along the floor. Willa sits, rolls both ways and will do crab style movements on her tummy but the poor kid doesn’t seem to budge one inch forward. Frustrates her to no end.

Liz – Welcome! Congrats on bfeeding successfully until now. I went to 14 weeks with my Willa with the intent to keep it up when I went back to work but things didn’t go to plan. Now happily ff. Colic can be such a trial eh> I'm glad Alyssa is nearly over it.

We're all going well here. Willa's ringworm though seems to be spreading around her neck. The stuff on her face is pretty much gone. We're using two different creams. Bought a portacot over the weekend as we got tired of arranging pillows behind her everytime she decides to throw herself backwards when sitting. She's been playing happily in it now and when she does fall backwards, no dramas. Did a casual weight check at the pharmacy. Coming in at 8.2 kg now. No idea about height but her feet are hanging waaaay off the bouncer so I'm guessing a bit past 70cm. The chubs is all in her thighs. She's got two isosceles triangles for legs hehehe.

sonia
    Last edited by neuri; February 7th, 2008 at 11:51 AM.

Hi girls!

Liz - Welcome!! Time does fly when you have 2 kids does'n it!! I have 2 girls. Briley has just turned 20 months and Colby has just gone 6 months! Alyssa seems to be thriving. Glad to hear the colic has eased up. Briley had it when she was a baby and it was'nt nice. Good to hear the b/f is going well. I am happy to have made it this far with Colby.

Ali - Congrats on the weightloss. You seem to be doing so well. I was thinking about starting the Tony Ferguson programme. What are you doing???

Molly - Ella is doing well! Do they know why you went into pre-term labour?? Or did they induce you? We had Colby weighed at the Drs at the end of Jan and she was 7.8kgs. I can't remember what her HC was though. Not sure what is going on with Briley. I suspects its her 2'nd molars and canines though. I have to attend 2 births and complete my module before i am certified as a Doula. I have attended any of "my" own births as yet but have had quite a few enquiries from clients lately.

Rhianon - Ouchie!! I still a$$ up the other day when we were swimming! The first time i have fallen over like that in a LONG time! I laughed but it shocked me thats for sure! LOL @ your baby brain comment. I read in my local newspaper yesterday that studies have been does and baby brain is a reality. Don't i know it!!! I forget things all time. Hopefully my next birth will be my "own" clients. Did the Dr say what you could do to boost your milk supply??? I might be going back to work for a few weeks soon and i just cannot, for the life of me, express. I don't know if its the pump of what. I just can't get anything out. I was wondering if its my supply. Glad Jensen's rash has cleared. Colby has had one lately too.

Bec - Won't be too much longer and you won't be able to stop Xav. Every baby is different. Briley did'nt crawl until she was 9 months. He will in his own time. He might even be one of those babies that just starts walking rather than crawling than walking!! Imgaine that!!!

Kim - Has Haydens tooth actually cut???? Colby is showing lots of teething signs just no teeth yet.

Sonia - Great to hear from you hun! Wow Willa is a big girls is'nt she!!! Sorry to hear she is still struggling with the ringworm though. Did the Dr say how long she was meant to have it??? Surely they could give you something else to use. Have you tried paw-paw ointment??? It can usually clear up anything!!d LOL @ your DH being a Doula. Not sure how many clients he would get!!!! LOL!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all well!

Not much to report here. Colby is getting closer and closer to crawling. She pushed her way over to a toy today. She's growing up to quick!

Off for our 6 month needles tomorrow. Will have her weighed and measured aswell.

Take care!
    Last edited by Ilithyia; February 7th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Hi Girls and welcom Liz.

Have been MIA lately as i have had nothing to report. Ela is now 6 months 1 week old. I do agree that they do grow up TOO quickly. She had immunisations on Tuesday, was giving the nurse dirty looks before the needles and i suspect she knew something was not right. She cried down the whole place. I couldn't stop her for a while. But she is all better now.

Still 2 bottom teeth, but her hands are always in her mouth, so definitely more teeth on the way.Ela can't sit up unaided as yet either but is definitely on the move too. She rolls to get around and uses her arms and upper body to move left or right. She gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. She is so placid, it is wonderful. She will happily play on the mat when she has a clean nappy and full tummy for ages. She still never cries when she wakes up from a sleep. Love her to bits.

Devrim, is 5 as you all know. We took him out of his current school and put him in a better school where he will be in a 2/3 composite class and get a chance to do grade 3 work as well! He is such a clever cookie. We are so lucky that we have him.

Congrats on the weightloss Rhi and Ali. It's hard but it pays off. I haven't weighed myself this week as yet, so i am dying to find how much i weigh!
    Sara- congrats on assisting a birth. I would definitely not be able to do it!

I am finally milk free! haven't expressed for a week or so now, so it must have dried up! geez, it was so tough.

Currently at work so i better go...

take care all..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast