Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2004

Well i think Lily is well on her way to walking very very soon!!

Today she was standing up holding onto the lounge and she let go and just stood there for a good 20 seconds but lost her balance and fell on her bum.

She got back up and held onto the longe again. She took a step forward while still holding on then let go but fell again. She is getting very good at standing without holding on now.

We tried to get her to walk, but all she does is stand and then lean forward into our arms or justs leans forward and falls down. She doesnt put her feet forward.
    Any way i can get her to put her feet forward while not holding onto anything? She can walk really well when her hold onto her hands, so she has no trouble doing that.

So glad she's getting her confidence up!

Wow I look hot!!! (my avatar that is!!)

LOL Jess, yeah it looks great!

I agree Jess, Me too, if only my belly looked like that!!! LOL

I got my avatar today too jess.

Yeah i so wish my body looked my avatar one! LOL

Looks like Lily's 6th tooth is coming through as we speak! She is screaming and i just felt where her other top middle tooth should be and there was nothing there this morning but now it is almost through, i can feel the jaggardd bits. Pore thing is going to have rough night as we only have bonjella, no panadol

Katie, love your avatar!

I wish my boobs were that big!!

Tegan, I hope Lily had an OK night with her new tooth. Aidan still only has the 2 bottom ones and no signs yet of anymore. I can clearly remember when his first tooth came through as he would just start screaming for no reason which is very unlike him. So I think I will easily be able to tell when the next lot are on their way!

Colleen Guest

So quiet!

Well found some yukky spots on Jaykob this morning and ... hes got chickenpox... im feeling a little guilty and mad at the same time, because 2 weekends ago we went to a birthday party and a little boy had them and I moved away and the mother practically screamed at me that he not contageous and made me feel like a real idiot. But thats the only kid we have been near with them, I feel guilty that I didnt leave the party

Jaykob was also supposed to have his chickenpox vacc. last thursday (not that it would have made much difference, we would have just blamed the needle lol)

So now they are put off, I couldnt bear for him to have them on his bday.

We finally got the santa photo too, and luckily before the spots came out... hes not smiling in it, but its better than the one of him screaming! lol

I read briefly about putting babies heads under water? Ive dunked Jaykob and like it was said, I just use a trigger word each time, it doesnt phase Jay at all and he even bends right over to dunk himself in the bath. lol

Great New Avs, I too wish I looked like my av haha

Tegan, I hope that tooth has stopped giving Lily pain, buggers of things arent they..

Hello to everyone else and I hope all the bubs are well and not getting chickenpox

~ Colleen

Colleen, oh no that jaykob has chickenpox! Although i was told they couldnt have the vacc until 18mths old???

Lily's tooth came through yesterday. So thats 6 now!

She is getting SO energetic. Its quite unbelieveable. Jumping all over the place. I swear if she could walk, she'd be running around like a chicken with its head cut off LOL.

Colleen Guest

might be different from state to state, but my mchn said he doesnt have vaccs at 18 months anymore & that c/pox were due last thurs. I will search around & get back to you !

Hes still awake, hes had to baths with bi carb soda and hes covered in calamine lotion, hes pretty happy so Im letting him go but Id imagine hes itchy :/

Try him in pintarsol. You just put some in the bath and let him have a soak.

Colleen, I am sooo sorry to hear about Jaykob. I know when the baby in Mum's group had it I was almost certain Aidan would get it for is birthday but we were really lucky. I hope he is OK, all things considered and DO NOT feel bad, the only way to protect our little ones would be wrapping them in cotton wool, and where's the fun in that??!!

I am in Victoria too and as far as I know the 'vacc' for chicken pox is at 18mths, so I am a little confused too. Let us know what you find out.

Tegan, 6 teeth for Lily, what a big little girl she is now!!

Well, the party is over (thank goodness) and I think it was a success. Such a shame about the weather, it rained a few times and it was pretty cold, but most people seemed happy enough under the pergola or playing inside. There are a few muddy patches on the carpet but we are thinking of getting them dry-cleaned anyway. Aidan had an awesome time and got sooo many presents!! I cant wait to see the photos everyone took.

Hope everyone is well.

Colleen Guest

My bad, it is 18 months, Im not sure which vacc Im thinking of, maybe Im just not thinking lol

So many more spots today He slept 8 hours and is still happy but the spots are right on his lips and im [-o< that they dont go into his mouth.

Jessica glad to hear the party went well! Its a relief once its all over and done with!

Oh no Colleen, poor Jaykob! Hope you both get through it okay!

Well, I took Kaleb for his needles last Thursday, and he was so brave, he didn't even cry, just gave the doc a dirty look as if to say "what did you do that for?" She said that the chickenpox vaccine can be given from 12 months, but it has to be at least a month after their 12 month needles. It's just that it only becomes free (in QLD anyway) at 18 months. I asked her if there was any benefit in getting it done earlier or if I should just wait, and she said that as there is an epidemic at the moment it's worth getting it done asap, so I'm taking Kaleb back mid Jan to get his & it'll cost me $45.

Then this morning I took him for his 12 mth check up at the child health clinic. All was good, except that his weight is the same as it was 2 months ago, 11.2kg. The CHN said this was okay, as once they get more mobile they burn more energy, but I still feel bad, like I should be feeding him up more. He is also 83cm, which puts him on the top percentile line for height, so at least he is growing!

Glad to hear the party was a success, Jess! Love your avatar! And yours too Katie!

Jo, try not to feel bad about Kaleb's weight. Lily was 7.75kgs at 6 mths and only 7.7kgs at 8mths but she grew a lot in length. She is now only 9.3kgs but is about 82cms long, way off the charts for length.

Woohoo! ANOTHER tooth has popped up today. That's 7 she has now! So she has 4 across the top, her 2 bottom middles and the left one next to the bottom middle. Cant see the other bottom one yet, but i am sure i will soon!

Colleen Guest

Kaleb! What a toughie ! not crying!

Jo ~ Im hearing alot of stories of chickenpox atm down here, its funny how you dont know til its happening to you. And dont worry about no weight gain, its very common , especially at this age with all the moving.. If they move so much that it wears us out, imagine what its doing for their weight lol

Tegan ~ Woohoo on the teeth, when it rains it pours ! lol

Well Jaykob is sound asleep, I got that pintarsol and you could see the relief in his eyes when he was in there, his eyes practically rolled into the back of his head, like it was bliss!

I snuck out tonight and got my last minute xmas shopping done, seeing as im homebound for the rest of the week... DP's mum also has never had chickenpox so they cant even come around lol

Glad the pintarsol gave Jaykob some releif. It really does work wonders with the itch. I had this massive rash all over me during pregnancy and id wake up scratching myself to bits, so used the pintarsol and the rash pretty much went away because i didnt scratch.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast