Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2004

Hi girls,

Sorry I havent been in here for a while....... just had stacey's 1st birthday to organize amoungst ttc for this month all in 1 week that DH is home!!

Phew..... what a week between jumping castles and OPK's!! LOL

OK, where do I start

Jess - I hope Aiden is doing heaps better now and doesn't get the chicken pox!!!

Teagan - I hope Lily's chin is healing up fine and the penguin cake would be so cute.

The party was a success!!! I was a bit stressy before hand though. Everything worked out well. Stacey went down for her pm nap early at 12pm and woke up at 2pm. Party was at 2.30.

Food - Ended up with Chocolate Crackles, cheerios ( i think the adults enjoyed them more than the kids LOL ), arrowroot bikkies with with hundreds and thousands. ( like fairy bread but with bikkies), and jelly cups. Oh and I baked Banana Mini Muffins.

Cake - A friend made stacey's cake. It was of a big number 1 with tiny teddies stuck around it, with a bunch of piped flowers and butterflys.

Activities - Bought a box of bubbles ( like wedding ones but were in there own different coloured bottles) from the party section at coles for $6.50 for 24. Friends have jumping castle business and gave it to me for 3 hrs. This was a hit, not so much for the 1 year olds, but the older kids who come first.

Lollybages - 1 balloon, a sheet of teddy bear stickers from crazy clarks ($2 for book and just ripped one page per bag), 1 freddo frog and a handful of the Natural Company Lollies.

Outcome: Really, the kids werent interested in the food, wouldnt put so much on next time. There really wasn't anything in particular that went except cheerios ( adults again!!!). Stacey had a great day cruising around everywhere. She got one of those carts with blocks in it for her birthday and she kept trying to stand on blocks like surfboard which would have been ok, except party was downstairs underneath our queenslander house so the concrete is a bit hard for her to crash on!!! Cart ended up getting put up. She got one of those HUGE tonka dump trucks and loves it. The older kids were putting her in it and taking her for a ride. When they left she put her doll in it and pushed it around the yard!!! Big Hit the Tonka.

Well girls I have probably bored you guys to death by now and I am off to bed. Just thought I would let you know how it went and what I did so if you want any ideas, or like anything I did you could use it with all your party's coming up.

I will be sure to keep checking this thread.

Take Care
    Katie

Katie, i am glad Stacey's party went well! I see in your signature that she is only 2 days older than Lily. So great how our babies are really close together!

Not long until Lily's party now. Only 9 days to go! Actually glad we're not having many people (only 5!) think it'd be too much for me. I'm quite tired lately(hopfully a preg symptom)

Teagan, It is great when they are close so they have buddies. Oh and for the mums too!!!!

We had about 15 people all up but it still was pretty laid back.

We BD'd yesterday before DH went back to work for 2 weeks. So he is away for my 2WW!!! Oh well, I am sure you know, there is heaps to keep you busy in that time. I did an OPK test and it came up +ive on Wednesday night/arvo. So BD'd that night and yesterday so hopefully we have caught it.

May be the next 2 will be close together too!! Here hoping to you that you are . When are you testing?

Katie, the party sounds fantastic! I fell into the trap of having a big function that Aidan wont even remember. Your post about the party was so happy and positive, it made me have second thoughts. But too late now I have already sent out the invites and started getting all the food etc.

I have tonsillitis! Aidan seems fine but DH has it so we are not a happy household.

It just seems like one sickness after another and I never used to get sick before Aidan. My throat is soooo sore, I dread swallowing...

Oh Jess you poor Love!!! I am hearing you. I have had sore throat last week and am just getting over it.

I know what you mean about one sickness into the next. I had Stacey with Gastro for a week, then the next week teeth came through, just get over that she had hand, foot and mouth syndrome and now more teeth then this week a running nose and chesty!!! AAAARRRRGHGHGHHGHG!!!

Sometimes it seems like it doesnt stop!!

Oh Jess, you poor thing, I hope you are better soon! It is so hard to look after a little one when you are sick.

Katie, Stacey's party sounds like it was great, I was getting very excited reading your post and thinking what Kaleb's will be like!

Tegan, sending you heaps of sticky vibes, hope you have some good news soon!

Nothing exciting going on here, have been innundated with orders for my aromatherapy stuff, people wanting it for xmas gifts. So with going on holidays next week, Kaleb's party, christmas shopping and m/s, I am slightly stressed out! I should be tackling some of it now instead of posting here, shouldn't I?

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend! I am going on holidays tomorrow and get back on Friday, the party is on Saturday so I won't be in here for a few days. Finally got a birthday cake, $45 dollars later, think I will have to brush up on my cooking skills for next year! Have a lovely week everyone, I will report back soon!

OMG $45 that is so dear. I never had any idea that cakes were that expensive. Womans Weekly birthday cook book is a good book with a range of cakes and instructions. I am going to make Stacey's next year and buy that book ( I am not much of a kitchen whizz!!!) but I'll give it a go.

Have fun on Holidays Jo and I hope Kalebs party goes off with a bang and catch up with you after the weekend.

I think i may actually get a shop to make Lily's cake. I can't be bothered and kitchen is so little! lol Df said theres a bakery near here, lets hope they'll make the cake for Sunday!

Some good news too. I got a BFP this arvo! Faint but there. Will do the other test with FMU tomorrow and see if its any darker. Already have a long list of symptoms too, yay for me lol.

hi everyone - it already seems so long ago that i was planning eliana's party! sounds like everyone is busy with the little ones celebrations
    congrats tegan on the BFP - fingers crossed all goes well for you
    jo - have a great trip away - look forward to hearing about the big party
    it is so hot here today - im just about melting away - will go the shopping centre tomorrow - i hate the heat!! eliana is doing well - stands by herself for a few seconds & is now a wizz at getting around

Tegan - Once again Congratulation but I have already said heaps in the TTC thread. I think it is much easier if you dont make it and get someone else to. It just is less stress. Especially now!!!!!

Melissa - I am hearing you on the heat thing. I am in Cairns and it has been sooooo hot up here too. I have been shopping just to cool down, me along with 1/2 of cairns also!!!!!

Take Care

Hi girls, woo hoo I am now a platinum member, but how can I organise my avatar?

Finally almost over the tonsilitis, and Aidan seems free of all sicknesses (touch wood) so we are back to a happy household. Gymbaroo and Mummy's group today. Tomorrow Aidan is in child care and I am not working so I plan on doing all my XMAS and party shopping.

Mel, good to hear from you. I hope it has cooled down a little!

Jo, have a great holiday and look forward to hearing all about it and Kaleb's party when you get back.

Katie, I LOVE Cairns, whats it like to live there?

Tegan, CONGRATULATIONS. Sending you lots of sticky vibes. Hopefully I will be joining you in a few months.

Jess it is AWESOME i love it here. I have left a couple of times to live in Brisbane but have always come back!! It is just a cruisy lifestyle. Like going down the Esplanade to have a coffee and watching the different walks of life go by etc. Because it is such a transient place it is very interesting with all sorts of people.

Katie, that sounds beautiful!

Well I am more organised for the party, and I managed to find a job too! It is something totally different, I am going to be trained as a childrens swimming instructor, and I bascially get to choose how many hours I want to work. I am really excited but very nervous (esp about the thought of getting into my bathers... scary).

Wow, thats great news about the job Jess!

We're all set for Lily's party. Only 2 days to go!

Oh Tegan I can see in your signature things didnt work out. I am sooooo sorry sweetie.

Well we had a great day at Seaworld today. Lily absolutely loved the Dugongs and the fish and sharks in the aquarium. She actually pointed for the first time, at a stingray, and shes been doing it all day now. Its sooo cute!

tegan - that is great that you all had a good time at seaworld - lily must look so cute pointing at everything - good luck with her party - looking forward to hearing how it goes

jess - congrats on the job - sounds great & it's good you are all organised for the party - is aidan better now?

kate - hope you havent melted away!

ive spent most of this week in shopping centres to get out of the heat - eliana seems to be coping a bit better with it but she still gets so hot - she has had a busy week with hi-5 last saturday & the wiggles today - she loved both the concerts & really got into dancing etc - i didnt think she would be that excited!! we will be househunting tomorrow & on sunday DP's nephew is having a party at an indoor play thing so will be interesting to see how eliana goes

hope everyone has a great weekend - happy birthday to lily & kaleb for sunday

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast