Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2004

Happy 1st Birthday Lily and Kaleb!!!! :happybday: :blowcandle:

so how did the parties go?
    eliana loved her cousins party at lollipops today - they had an area for little kids & she loved the ball pit (we already have one for her for xmas)
    hope everyones weekend was good

Well, you've already read about our 'party'...

Lily got a ball pit castle thingy from my mum for her birthday.

She also got a baby cabbage patch doll from my dad, a walker thing that looks like a trolly type thing with an activity panal at the front(she loves this!), and some clothes. She loved ripping the paper! We also got a video of it, so that's good.

Also today, Lily tired to stand up by herself without holding onto anything. She was sitting in the middle of the lounge room and trying to get up onto her feet. She would fall forawrd and land on her hands and quickly get back up as if she wanted to do it without using her hands at all! So clever. She didn't make it, but i'm so proud she was trying so hard. She's also getting a lot more confident in walking when we hold onto her hands. She was standing up and i was holding onto both her hands and she let go of one. I then let go of the other and she stood there for a good 10 or so seconds without wobbling at all. So looks like it won't be long until she is walking. I was walking at 13 months, maybe she'll beat me!

that is great tegan that lily is trying to stand - its amazing how determined they are - her presents sound great - i still cant believe how rude people were & not turning up to your little princesses party

Colleen Guest

Hi Everyone,

Ive been so slack lately and I got a bit confused with the new threads lol

We had Jaykobs 1st Bday on Saturday Arvo at the park and we all had a great day.... His cake was a success too! After $80 and a 2 hour return trip to pick it up (I had dreamt the night before that it would be a quarter of the size, bit of a nightmare) but it was huge, theres pics of it on my msn space ,I hope its ok to post the link http://spaces.msn.com/members/jaykob...=1&_c=blogpart

He got so many presents, our loungeroom is still chockers with all the stuff! lots of big tonka trucks and pop onz blocks!

He has 8 teeth now and we are going for his 12 month needles this week (hes 1 on thursday) Hes not walking on his own but veryyyy close to :-s its all a bit scary!

I hope all the bubs are well! xoxoxo Its our month YAY!

Jess congrats on the job!! Hope the party goes good

Tegan - Glad you had a great time at Seaworl. The last time I went there was when I was 6 years old. Am hanging to get back there for a look. Maybe when Stacey is older I will fly down and take her to the parks. Glad Lily is trying really hard to stand up!! Thats fantastic news. Once they take there first steps, after 2 weeks they start running!!! Yes I know from experience. Nothing is sacred now and she doesn't miss a trick. If you leave that toilet or bathroom door open she's right onto it and starts running to get it!!! Little Munchkins they are. It sounds like Lily got lots of nice prezzies... Damn those people.... How rude

OH.... I hope she enjoyed her 'virtual party' today!!! We loved being there.

Mel - I havent melted away yet..... It was 36 here yesterday and we spent alot of the time in the pool!!! It was nice. Oh and tried to do more shopping to get into the air con and out of the heat.....

Colleen - I am glad Jaykobs party went well and you all had a great day.

Well yesterday stacey decided to start climbing the stairs. (we live in a queenslander house) She fell off the 3rd step from the bottom onto the concrete on the side of her head so she has a graze the poor little munchkin.. DH wasnt very happy when I told him, but I told him she has to learn and I have been telling her for weeks to get down. Then I told him better she fall off the 3rd step from the bottom and learn a lesson than 3rd step from the top!! Hope I am not sounding to harsh as I was heart broken and we put ice on it straight away and now is only grazed and not swollen or bruised which is good. Poor little thing.

Then while we were in the pool today I had her sitting on the edge and we were doing 'one, two, three. go' and she jumps into the water......well I noticed she is getting her 7th tooth which has popped through the gum.

And if you guys thought I was a nasty mum for what I've just told you......

Wait for it................................................ .....

I took her for her needles ON HER BIRTHDAY!! Awww I felt so bad too. At the start because she had her party 2 weeks before her birthday I thought it would be ok, but on the morning of her birthday I felt really bad but it was too late to cancel as it was a 9am appt......

Ok so I have rambled on and on and on now so I am going to go and let you guys get some sanity back!!!

Talk soon

Love

Colleen, glad Jaykob's party went well. Happy Birthday to him for Thursday!

Katie, i haven't been to Seaworld in 10 years and it hasn't changed a bit LOL.

Lily hasn't had her needles yet. I'm going to book in for next week. Poor thing So sad when they cry like that.

I think Lily has learnt the word 'NO' LOL She will go 'nonononono' so cute. But she says it when i tell her to do something, cheeky thing!

I am going to be taking her to her first swimming lessons in January when they start up again. Hopfully it will go well. Not sure how she will go with getting her head under water. I still cannot comprehend how she'll know not to breathe under the water and not drown herself! 8-[

Tegan, do you take her in the shower?

I have taken stace in the shower since she was about 3 weeks old.

Also they have trigger words, which is say "Read Stacey, 1...2..3.. Go" then dunk her and with the trigger words she knows what is coming. But they will teach you that at swimming lessons. My SIL has a 4 year old son who is at seimming lessons and is having heaps of trouble getting him to put his head underwater. I asked her if she used to take him in the shower and she didnt. I guess the shower gets them used to have water on there head.

Oh... with the needles Stacey got one in one arm and two in the other. The first one she was ok with but the two one, once the first needle went in she started crying, but only for about 1 minute, then settled. So it wasnt that bad. And she is doing pretty good now, I just have been giving her some panadol if she needs it. The nurse also said that she could get a high temp 7-10days after. But so far so good.

Love

Yes we take her in the shower, she doesn't have baths actually. She's doesn't really mind having her head under the water in there like when we wash it. She'll close her eyes and blink lots and shake her head but that's about it. I spose that is kinda the same lol.

I think she will be fine then tegan!!! You have nothing to worry about.

I was looking at Lily's photopage and she is just adorable.

But... hows this... that sesame street caring is sharing suit and the winnie the pooh blanket, Stacey has exactly the same. And they were born within 2 days of each other. Too bizaar.

just popping in again & glad that everyone is going well

tegan - dont worry about lily trying to breathe under water it is just something that they somehow know not to do - i had eliana in the bath with me on the weekend (to cool down) & she kept putting her head under water all by herself! how clever of lily to be saying no

colleen - glad jaykobs party went well but i couldnt make the link to his photos work

katie - poor stacey but im the same with letting them learn - at least she didnt fall from the top

eliana has had a busy week - we did hi-5 the saturday before last & the wiggles on friday - she loved both concerts but probably more so the wiggles - she even worked out that everytime dorothy was on she would point to the dorothy on her t-shirt - she hasn't cut the other molar yet so im waiting for that to come down - we have playgroup tomorrow & scrapbooking at a friends with air con then shopping on friday with dp's mum - oh well at least we are keeping busy!

Katie, i love that sesame street outfit. So cute!

Good to hear from you Mel. How cute of Eliana to be putting her head under the water all by herself!

Not long to xmas now!

Colleen Guest

sorry, ive fixed my space to be public...

http://spaces.msn.com/members/jaykob...=1&_c=blogpart

Wow Jaykob is getting big!

Lily has that same birthday badge but in pink!

colleen - he has grown so much since the last photos i saw of him - he is definately a cutie - his cake was amazing - looks like everyone had a great time

Hi everyone, hope you're all well. Just catching up on everyone's posts...

Belated happy birthday to Lily!

Glad to hear Jaykob's party went well, happy birthday for Thursday!

Sounds like you guys have been really busy, Mel! I heard heaps of good reports about the Wiggles concerts, glad Eliana enjoyed it.

Hope Stacey is okay after her needles. Kaleb is having his on Thursday.

Jess, that is great news about the job! What a fantastic thing to do! Hope your party prep is going well.

Well, first things first, our holiday up the Sunshine Coast was great! Kaleb was really good and had heaps of fun. It was so nice to have a change of scenery and to stay in an air-conditioned unit. Spent heaps of time swimming and relaxing.

The big party was on Saturday, and it was a success. I ended up being really organised, but it was still really stressful, too many people I think. It was a really hot day, thank goodness we have a pool! Kaleb was fantastic, he just took everything in his stride and had a great time. He was so spoiled, he got some really lovely presents! On Sunday we were totally stuffed, just spent the day lying around playing with his new toys and eating left over birthday cake.

My m/s is subsiding, at long last, but I am finding it hard to get into the xmas spirit this year...still have most of my shopping to do! It just seems like too much effort at the moment.

Sounds like Kaleb had a great holiday and birthday! Hope he goes alright with his needles. Glad your m/s is gone now Jo.

Just had photos with Santa done at the shopping centre. She took two because Lily isn't very good with anyone but me and DF. So we'll pick the better one of the two.

We're going to the pool for a swim again this arvo to cool off. Lily really needs it. I wish we had a house with a pool.

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear all the parties went well.

Jo, sounds like you had a lovely holiday, maybe that helped the m/s subside?!

I was stressing today that AF is late but I am only due today. It hasn't arrived so either my supposed PCOS is flaring up again or I am pregnant, and that would have to be almost immaculate conception!

I THINK I am organised for Aidan's party, dont think I will really know till' the day arrives. Yesterday the weather was predicted as fine and 24 for Sunday and now it is predicted for 20 and showers!

I had my 1st training day on Sunday and it is going to be very challenging but fun.

Tegan, dont worry about Lily putting her head under water, most 3yr olds find it 'stressful' but grow to like it, and it is what we teach in their first 'K1 certificate' lesson anyway.

That's about all from me!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast