Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #10

We have no sign of teeth either!! I honestly thought they were going to come through 2 months ago!! There's been red cheeks, white gums, etc but no teeth!! That's ok though, as she has bitten me once or twice while feeding, so not looking forward to teeth!!
    Sarajo, how exciting about your holiday!! 3.5 weeks is awesome!! I hope you're still going to be able to access Belly Belly!!!!
    Dani, Im not looking forward to injections if it leaves them so unsettled. Having her sick has thrown our routine out the window and nights have been so stressful, would hate them to get worse with immunis!! At least I've got sleep school coming up on the 26th...I think by then Im going to be desperate for it. I am hoping I'll get to rest while Im there (actually they offer massages for a small fee, so think I'll be getting one or two of those)!!
    Mybaby is 8 years old today!! Wow, this time 8 years ago I was in labour (but had had epidural so was really quite relaxed at this point)!! She was born at 11.50am. It was a 12 hour labour, so not quite as quick as my 1 hour 54 with Coco!! Dont' know which was worse though!!
    have a good long weekend guys. I'll be on and off, we have nothing planned. Just dinner for tilly tonight at my mums.
    xoxox

Morning All,
    Well today looks like it is getting back to normal, thank goodness..
    Last night Jett mucked around for hours before finally going to sleep, sorry all but I think it is the injections for sure. So be ready to have a grizzle pot on your hands for a few days afterwards.
    Other than that all is good besides the weather, how bloody cold is it!!! How are you supposed to get any washing dry in this weather? My dryer has been going flat out all day yesterday. Five bloody loads what a joke…
    Beck – I am so glad to hear that Maddy is fine , you poor thing.
    Yep, the bassinette hit the concrete but Jett stayed inside it thank god, he got are real fright and so did I. I think I was still crying when I went to bed that night.
    Men are certainly for a different planet, I am sure of it. Sometimes it is just easier to say nothing at all then to start an argument I think, they never listen anyway.
    Have fun at breaky with your friends. Are you taking Maddy??
    Hopefully you can get your licence soon and you will not know yourself. I didn’t get mine until I was 20 and that was late cause all my friends you their on there 18th’s.
    My Mum has never ever had a licence so when we were little we had to walk or catch the bus everywhere.
    Sarajo - How exciting, it is always great to catch up with friends and family.
    Meg - You poor thing, I hope that Coco is a good girl for you today so you can get some rest, maybe she could stay at your mum's so you can rest.
    I hope you get better soon.
    Take care all

Had ANOTHER DH shocker!!! I went to have a nap at 9.30am when coco was and asked TIm to watch Tilly and Holly. I was nearly asleep adn tilly comes in the room(door was shut, I was with coco, door squeaks) so i jumped up to see why tim hadn't stopped her and he was ASLEEP on the lounge. Hello, i only wanted half an hour nap and thought he'd watch the girls (last thing I asked him to do was give them breakfast), so I get up, they'd created a pigsty in the bedroom adn hadn't eaten etc AND coco woke up after 30 minutes. Was so angry.
    She has since had two 30 min sleeps which is just not enough, so I know have Tim walking around the unit with her in the HUB!! She actually is asleep which is great. He went to sit down adn I said "dont, she'll wake up". He is suffering big time! I said "welcome to my life"! I spend alot of time with coco in HUB and I can't sit down, it wakes her up.
    So he's been in the bad books today!
    Also FIL came around and they can't invest as much money into our next place as we thought, so looks like we'll be getting another unit. .Not too happy ATALL, but not much we can do about it. Just feels like we'll never get anywhere. i'd love to live with the inlaws but Tim Coco and I would be living in a room the size of our bedroom now, PLUS all our furniture, so it would be hell.
    Sorry for the massive whinge!
    I've just been reading slow cooker recipes, I am going to have to get a slow cooker!!
    Dani, im glad Jett is on the up. Bloody immunisations...not fun.
    talk soon xoxoox

Meg, it's a pity you can't transfer up to Brisbane 'cause you can get a decent 4 bedroom house & land package for $300,000; which in Sydney is the price of a toilet. *L*

Had fun at breakfast with my friends; Maddy came along and charmed everyone sitting in the high chair. In fact, the french waiters wanted to keep her! *LOL* She's none the worse from her fall last night which is such a relief.

Meg, Tim needs a kick up the behind today! Can't believe what a rough night you had last night and that he couldn't even give you the 1/2hr peace this morning. Hope that your precious 'little' Tilly enjoyed her birthday today.

Sara, wow 3 1/2 weeks! I'm with Meg, I hope you can get on the internet at some point to tell us how you're going while you're in Ohio! Regardless, you deserve a break so it sounds like a lovely treat for you. No teeth here either for Maddy...I guess we're all still waiting for the little girls to get their little toothy pegs through!

Dani, oh thats a relief that Jett didn't hit the concrete! I think you're right about not having your license; my Mum didn't get hers until she was 40! Hopefully I'll get mine soon so I can get out and about. Sorry to hear that Jett is still out of sorts thanks to those nasty immunisations. Hopefully he'll be back to his settled self again soon!

Beck, Poor Maddy and poor you.. Don't worry you're not the only one.. Logan fell off the change table a couple of months ago, did a face plant on to the hard wood floors we were both crying and he was in so much pain he wouldn't even feed. His top lip swelled up and his face did a little. I got him to suck on a cold carrot and put a cool face washer on his face. I called someone and they told me what to look out for in case he had a concussion.. We went to the doctors and he just had a bit of swelling but we were both so upset. I swear I just bent down to pick up a nappy I'd dropped and he wriggled his bottom down and flipped off the edge. I felt like SUCH a bad mother, and I still do just thinking about it. After it happened everyone I talked to with children said something similar happened to them, where they'd rolled off their bed or slipped out of a high chair or pram.
    I'm glad your DH's interview went well, I hope he gets the job.

Meg, sorry about your shocker of a night/morning.. At least the party went well though. Happy birthday Tilly!
    I'm trying to convince Mum I should get a slow cooker, since it'll be taking up room in her already cramped kitchen.

Dani, I'm glad things are being to get back to normal & Jett is getting over his unsettledness (probably not a word, but it is now) due to injections. I'm not looking forward to getting Logan done on tuesday, but it's better than the alternative.

Sami Guest

Morning all - it is a fantastic morning although the weather is pretty crappy. Bailey went to bed at 8pm and didn't get up until 7:15am. I'm very happy as you can probably tell. We went to bed at 8:30pm - now thats very sad.

Sorry I went missing in action for a couple of days. We actually went to Melbourne on Friday morning and stayed at the Hilton - which was nice and of course Bailey came with us. I didn't get a very good night sleep. We have never had Bailey in our room since he was born and now I know why. He makes so many noises!!! We went up to watch the Mighty Cats!!!!! Well they were this week.

On our way home yesterday we called into the DFO at Essendon. It will be fantastic when it is finished. Heaps of kids shops - stuff was a little cheaper not a great deal though. Of course we will brought things that we probably didn't need. Never mind.

Bailey has to have his needles on Tuesday I'm not looking forward to that. Never mind it has to be done.

Anyway just thought that I would pop on and say hi and see how everyone is. Seems a lot has happened since I was last on. Don't worry Beck things like that happen to everyone. Hope all is well now.

I will talk to you guys soon.

Hi guys. How's everyone going?
    We had our best night in a week (she woke for 2 hours at midnight and then again at 4am, then up at 7.30am) but she has gotten up this morning and NOT stoppeed coughing for a second. I thought she was meant to be getting better. Really stressful, I just want my baby well. I've been coughing all morning too. Silly thing is neither of us coughed at all during the night. Hope that keeps up!!
    I have her booked in on wed for needles, but may not be able to get them if she is not improving. I can't get an appointment until then though, but if she's not better tomorrow I'll have to try to get in and see what's going on.
    Sami, sounds like you had a nice weekend away. We actually have to sleep with Coco every night and it is AWFUL. Thus the desperate need for us to move. No wonder we hvaen't slept in 6 months. I usually start the night sleeping on tillys mattress, which is almost as bad!!
    have a good day all xoxo

Sami Guest

Meg - it took a while for Bailey's medication to kick in. We are now on the second lot of antibiotics which seems to be working now. He still has a little bit of a cough but nothing major. We got told to use "fess - little noses". It is an aspirator which suctions out the gunk from their little noses and it has helped Bailey heaps. Where are you thinking of moving to?

Morning all,
    Don't really know why I am up so early as my buba is having a sleep of at his nana's place (my Mum). She rang last night and asked if Jett could come and stay, I was umming and arhing a bit cause he still seems to be very unsettled. Anyway packed up ALL of his stuff (god that takes ages for an overnight play) and took him to Nana's.
    Ben and I went to Kmart cause they had High Chairs and PJ’s on sale and the one (high chair) that I got was given to me and was broken (it on reclines and doesn’t lock into upright sitting, he hates being back all of the time).
    Anyway long story short Mum couldn't get him to sleep and called me (after telling me not to worry and that I got to 25 and am fine, so go home!!!)
    Went there done the wrapping thing put his toy dog in with him and off to sleep he went, mum was a little upset cause I just did it so easy but, oh I am the Mumma...
    Sorry to blab on...
    Queensland Girls - I think us Victorians have got all of your rain from the other day it poured last night. It is still raining now!!! I hate winter; it makes me feels so sad. That bad in fact the wall in our entrance way was leaking. I have told the real estate and they don't seem too concerned about it.
    Meg - you poor thing. Good to hear that Coco is getting a bit better with her sleeping. It is funny Jett started to get better as time edged closer to go to the sleep clinic. I was in to minds about going but then my MCHN said even if he does get better still go cause it is not to see that that night or nights is a once off... I think that massage has your name all over it, you go girl.
    I went yesterday and got Jett some Nurofen; his teeth are so close to coming through I think. The doctor said it is a good anti-inflammatory for the gums and it eases the pain, it can also be given with Panadol. I only given him on dose a day cause it really isn’t to good for his little belly.
    Sam – Wondered why you hadn’t been on all weekend, I forgot that you were going away for the night. Go the cats finally they won one, a little to late. How did you go with the email about his ticker, did you work it out??
    Tiff – Hope all is going well at your place??
    Betta go and take the time to get some housework done and finish doing Jett’s cook up. Dose anyone give parsnip to their bubba’s and if so what can I mix with it. The flavour isn’t that great.
    Yeah, I am a crawler.

Try parsnip and pumpkin or parsip & potato (I think that combination is served with steak at irish pubs) or parsnip & carrot (my DH's favourite! *L*).

A relatively rough night, I think it's because we're still trying to find the right level of clothes & blankets for Maddy at night. Last night it was a little warmer than it has been so I had to take one layer off her and then put her sleeping bag back on. I think I'm going to have to start trying her in her cot at night. Perhaps a few days of getting up to her in her own room, feeding in the rocking chair and putting her back to bed will get her into a better routine; so in the end I will have better sleep. It's not like I'm sleeping very well right now anyway.

Dani - sorry to hear that you didn't get a totally relaxed night...good on you for giving it a go at letting Jett stay at his Nanna's place last night. Did you end up getting a high chair that you wanted? The KMart sales annoyed me on Thursday night because I went to buy Maddy a wondersuit in 0 for winter (00 is getting too short for her now) and every 0 in wondersuits was sold out, except for like 2 blue ones! Grrrrr....no pink, yellow or white in 0 to be seen. Of course now that 00 is too small for her there were literally hundreds in 00 still left! The rain....we haven't had rain up here in AGES but for the last two days it's been drizzling. Mind you, it's sunny this morning!

Meg - wow, that's still a rough night of sleep but glad you at least got more sleep than you have been getting. I can't believe you manage to survive your conditions, I would have commited a capital crime by now if I was in your situation! Glad that Tilly's party went well. Hope that Coco gets better soon and that nasty cold goes away. Sam's right though...it'll take a few days for the antibiotics to kick in, probably the better part of a week.

Sami - oooohhh!!! Sounds like lots of fun, your trip to Melbourne! Glad that your team finally won though...I'm only really starting to get into AFL now, I was brought up a league supporter although I love my sport. Soccer, Rugby, League, Gymnastics, Cricket.... You have the DFO down there too? Cool...it's much the same up here with the prices. A bit cheaper but then you end up buying things that you wouldn't normally buy anyway! *L* WTG on the great night's sleep....need some of that sleeping pixie dust that Bailey has shipped up here in overnight express I think! *L*

Well better fly...house is in shambles and looks like bomb went off in it. Time to do some cleaning while Maddy is happy to lie on the carpet and play with her toys. Speak to you all later!

Hi guys!!
    We give Coco parsnip, I mixed it with brocolli and zuchinni and then with some pumpkin and sweet pot (she has alot of vegies at once, I find she only likes them if she has sweet pot mixed in).
    Sami, wow on teh night sleep!! That's a great sleep, hope it continues. We did our best sleep ever the night before she got sick, but of course that's out teh window now.
    I think it's Sydney that's had all teh rain it's been going on and off for a week. no wonder we can't get better. Im happy if melbourne takes it away from us!! Would love to get Coco out in the sun. The sun popped out on thursday and I sat coco directly in it outside, for 10 minutes. Was so what she needed. I think regardless, i'll have to bundle her up and take her for a walk in some fresh air today. We've had enough of the stuffy unit.
    Dani, great that your mum had Jett for the night. Just nice to know you can have a little freedom and/or sleep time!!
    And don't worry, I go to bed at 8pm EVERY night. Pretty sad, but have to sleep when i can!!
    gotta run adn , like Beck, get some cleaning done!!
    xoxooxo

*LOL* DH brought out the Hug'a'Bub this morning and asked me to put it on him! hehe I've been telling him for ages he should put it on when he has Maddy. We popped her in (facing outwards) and she was squealing because he was jumping around. She thought it was hilarious. Took a couple of photos which I will load up onto the yahoo photos link off Maddy's website.

Is anyone around?!

Guess what? Been reading tons of threads where people have mentioned how well their babies sleep in their own rooms so last night I told my DH I was 'biting the bullet' and preparing myself for up to a week of little sleep (not that I'm getting much now anyway).

Fed Maddy to sleep at 11pm and put her asleep into the cot in her room. She woke up as I went to go to the toilet but I left her there to cry while I had a pee (*L*) and locked up the house. By the time I went back towards her room I noticed she had rolled herself onto her side and fallen asleep! I nearly cried with relief as I had the worst headache and figured she would probably fight me the first couple of nights; and she'd end up coming to bed with us anyway.

Checked on her three times in the next hour and she was still fast asleep. Finally fell asleep myself and woke up with a start at 5am to the realisation I hadn't heard a peep from her. She was still fast asleep (now on her belly which means she probably rolled over and resettled herself) and then woke up at 5:50am. Early but oh my goodness, one of the longest sleeps (6hrs straight) that she's had in MONTHS!

Well, I'm expecting a riot tonight but I'm going to push the matter. I think we all sleep alot better in separate rooms!

Hope you all had a lovely day. We took the opportunity of the long weekend to drive to the Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens (I drove! hehe) and take Maddy for a walk through the plant gardens & to see the ducks in the pond.

Sami Guest

Yeah I'm around. Actually waiting for Bailey to wake up so that I can go into town.

Obviously you don't wrap Maddy anymore? I'm to scared not to wrap Bailey. I will get there one day. We are off to have our needles tomorrow not looking forward to that.

I'm actually having a down day today. I can't be bothered doing anything and all I want to do is sleep. Bailey went to bed at 10pm and didn't wake until 7 and I'm still tired.

Sami, Maddy is an escape artist. Didn't matter how tight we wrapped her, she was able to escape her wrap within minutes so we stopped wrapping her at about 6 weeks old. A few weeks later we used a sleeping bag for the first time and that seemed to help keep her warm.

Best of luck with little Bailey's injections tomorrow! Hope he recovers swiftly from the experience. Maddy's are a week from this Thursday.

Ok, well off to a go on a walk with DH and Maddy in the stroller!

Sami Guest

Wink

I've tried leaving Bailey unwrapped but he seems to wake himself quite a lot. Never mind he knows that it is bedtime when he is getting wrapped so I suppose that is a good thing.

I hope that you are having great weather up there it is freezing down here. Enjoy your walk!

Sami, I still wrap coco, scared not to as well!!!It means bedtime to her and that way I can get her to sleep anywhere as long as she's wrapped.
    Beck, FABULOUS sleep by Maddy, so good that you got her in her own room. I am SOOOO looking forward to having a room for coco!! It does make a HUGE difference. i hope she continues to do well for you!!
    Beautiful day in sydney today. i finally got out of the house at 1pm (felt so crap all day) and met a friend at the shops. Sat in the sun for a while, as Im so sure we all needed our vitamin D!!!
    Picked tilly up from the inlaws, she spent last night there and had a lovely time. Back home now and hanging for bed!! Good luck with Bailey's needles, we've got coco's on wednesday. Not looking forward to it particularly after she's been so unwell.

talk to you all tomorrow
    xoxoxo

We wrap Abby still. also! I even wrap her for naps. She just settles better that way. If she is not wrapped, she picks her heels up and slams them down over and over! lol! I did just get her a sleeping bag off ebay. It is in the wash, I am excited to try it today when it dries!

I feel like yuk today. So dizzy. Why do colds hang on so long? Abby seems a bit better...less stuffy nose but more cough! She was up at 1:00 and 2:00 moaning, crying and kicking around. I gave her some tylonal and she slept till 5:00 and is up now at 6:30! So it has been a pretty restless sleep for us both!

Good luck with Bailey's and Coco's needles! Abby has hers on Friday. What a week for our bubs!

Meg I hope you and Coco are feeling better!

So happy for you Beck, with MAddy sleeping in her own room so nicely! What a big girl! Have you heard anything on DH's job interview?

Dani lol at being able to put Jett fast asleep! Youre such a good mama!

Kate, Melly, Rach, Christie, and Tiggy I hope you all are doing well!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast